Did you like it?  

476 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I see a lot of people saying "communism/nazi themed" but honestly, I saw more of a brony vs society thing myself.

Oh, you mean like society shunning us, because we don't their norm? It's not really just bronies, but i like this anology.

The amount of stuff put on this thread. I don't think anyone notices that there are some people who only watch the two-parters. We should go yell at those people next saturday.

• Brohoof 1

I've noticed that the stallions and mares of the village all had similar mane and tail styles mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Row_of…, and Starlight made sure it stayed that way. mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Starli… mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Starli… mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Yellow…

Do you think it was based on North Korea's rules about hairstyles? http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/25/these-are-north-koreas-28-state-approved-hairstyles/

So yeah, I'm late to the party.  :P  That was a pretty well-done premiere!  Starlight Glimmer was definitely an interesting antagonist (I also found it funny how she shut Twilight up in the middle of her friendship speech), and the whole plot made sense.  Perhaps it wasn't as big as other season premieres, but it didn't really have to be.  Overall, a fine episode and a good start to the season.  I look forward to seeing where it goes from here!

(edited)

I loved the episode, but it wasn't as "epic" as I had expected. It was very solid, though. Twilight's Kingdom is still my favorite, because it was much more epic and awesome, but The Cutie Map was still very enjoyable and interesting. While I am not necessarily extremely enthusiastic about it, I still loved it.

Here is a graph I made based on viewership counts/ratings over the years. The graph starts out with Season 2, Episode 1 "The Return of Harmony." The graph is no doubt incomplete, as we are missing the figures for all of S1, and most of S2 and S3. Still, it shows how MLP's viewership is growing, and very likely will top 1 million for the Season 5 finale. 

16895508030_ec9441004e_c.jpgMy Little Pony- Friendship is Magic Viewership Growth Rate by fluttershyismagic, on Flickr

Link to interactive graph.

These figures, of course, are only including the people who actually watch it live on tv. Many more people watch it via Youtube, Dailymotion, livestreams, or torrents. A poll from a while back on EQD showed that only 16% of the fandom actually watches it on The Hub (now Discovery Family). There are, according to State of the Herd Report and The Official Bronystudy, between 7-12.4 million bronies worldwide as of 2012. With the year being 2014, the fandom has only grown larger and that estimate may be too small.

Edited by FluttershyIsMagic
  • Brohoof 3

Not every premiere needs to be explosive or up in your face with effects like they usually are.

Not this one though. Nope this one had much more context which I find exhilarating.

• Brohoof 5

Not every premiere needs to be explosive or up in your face with effects like they usually are.

Not this one though. Nope this one had much more context which I find exhilarating.

Agreed. I can appreciate an epic premier or finale; I mean my favorite episode is The Crystal Empire, but a smart, engaging episode like this one is one I can love just as well; if not even more so. <3

• Brohoof 4

Because I was bored and have nothing better to do, I took the flag of the communist parties of differnet current states (and the former USSR), and added a picture of Starlight with a Red Army hat, the = sign and the word "Equality" in that country's language (Korean, Laotian, Russian, Chinese and Vietnamese). Again this are the party flags, not the actual country's flag.

http://imgur.com/a/QJoA2#0

• Brohoof 3

I've noticed that the stallions and mares of the village all had similar mane and tail styles mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Row_of…, and Starlight made sure it stayed that way. mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Starli… mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Starli… mlp.wikia.com/wiki/File:Yellow…

Do you think it was based on North Korea's rules about hairstyles? http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/25/these-are-north-koreas-28-state-approved-hairstyles/

I don't think they went that deep into thought about the episode, it was just because the theme of equality I think 

I loved the episode, but it wasn't as "epic" as I had expected. It was very solid, though. Twilight's Kingdom is still my favorite.

I Don't think that much could live up to that episode  :please: . I think that this episode was made more to develop a new enemy that may resurface someday. I think that rather than a physically oriented battle this was more of a mental one, something mlp doesn't do often. just something to ponder :huh:  

• Brohoof 1

Agreed. I can appreciate an epic premier or finale; I mean my favorite episode is The Crystal Empire, but a smart, engaging episode like this one is one I can love just as well; if not even more so. <3

One of the people I talked to at BABSCon suggested that this is the beginning of a high stakes arc eventually reaching a crescendo at the end. Considering there are still some unresolved questions, and the Starlight is unaccounted for ... I agree this is possible.

It is a bit like Harry Potter. When taken into context of the whole series, the first novel was epic. You just didn't realize it at the time.

• Brohoof 5

I liked the song (in its context). Normally I dismiss the "That's what it was meant to sound like" excuse, but in this circumstance it was amazing. I liked the episode but maybe not as much as many others. I watched Tommy Oliver's review and my thoughts were kinda similar, he just put it into words a lot better. So if you want to see my thoughts, just watch Tommy Oliver's video.

This was still the best part for me /)^3^(\

1024dc9de3af7f2dd2f55b67866695ba.gif

• Brohoof 2

Another thing when Twilight goes to just fucking shoot Starlight she makes the exact same pose as when she fired at Tirek. 

(also, when her cutie Mark is being taken away, its the same exact noise as when Tirek is stealing her magic :P)img-3638425-1-ObGGvto.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed they re used the sound and pose of Twilight. 

On a slightly related thought I wonder if the way Starlight immobilized Twilightpost-26379-0-91632800-1428597447.png and the Mane 5post-26379-0-38716600-1428597473.png as the cutie marks were being removed was similar to the spell Twilight used in castle mania to hold her friends still. post-26379-0-95332400-1428597514.png If so it explains why they did not fight back which I see people complaining about. 

Funny Pony-Simpsons strip is funnyimg-3651328-1-865961__safe_screencap_edi

Glimmer is good.

Glimmer is great.

I surrender my will as of this date. @_@

• Brohoof 2

I watched it and i was like, ''Wow, This is one of the best episodes''. I really tought they never gonna get their Cutie Marks back! But with the magic of friendship, They always find their way out!

~FlyingSparkle

I watched it and i was like, ''Wow, This is one of the best episodes''. I really tought they never gonna get their Cutie Marks back! But with the magic of friendship, They always find their way out!

~FlyingSparkle

I wanna see them someday do a 2 parter, but then still leave it as a cliff hanger for another 2 parter.

On the other hand they could just make a damn movie of the actual show.

I wanna see them someday do a 2 parter, but then still leave it as a cliff hanger for another 2 parter.

Wouldn't that be a 4 parter?

patience young padawan. It's just 2 years till the movie. ;)

Wouldn't that be a 4 parter?

Exactly! But you'd have to wait a week in between the 2 two part episodes.

patience young padawan. It's just 2 years till the movie. ;)

I know. 

Like a 2 hour movie or so, Filled with cliffhangers. Then im gonna go 2 the store, Buy the movie equipment, sit back and watch that movie! Haha.

Like a 2 hour movie or so, Filled with cliffhangers. Then im gonna go 2 the store, Buy the movie equipment, sit back and watch that movie! Haha.

I'll grab the 1080p projector.