Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Could the Friendship School be a bad idea?

ggg-2

It's been revealed (or at least there's a rumor) that season 8 will feature a Friendship School in some capacity, with Twilight and her friends as teachers. But is this really a good idea? Not only does this sound like it would get monotonous, most of the mane 6 have other, more important, jobs to do. Applejack has chores at the farm, Fluttershy has her new sanctuary, Rarity has her 3 boutiques, Dash is a WONDERBOLT, Pinkie works at Sugarcube Corner and helps care for the Cake twins. Twilight and Starlight seem like the only two with enough time to spare.

• Brohoof 1

That depends on how the writers treat this new arc! Will they be super creative, or will they be lazy about it? Any story arc can be good or bad depending on how well the writers put their minds into it.

• Brohoof 1

The idea does sound kinda cheesy and cramped on paper, but if it leads to more good morals then it can be done well. I just hope it could also lead to maybe some trips to other places in Equestria. More exploration and not just stuck in some building. It just being in some building would be lazy as hell.

• Brohoof 1

These ponies seem to live in a society that grants them a more healthy work/leisure ratio than most of our own, so I guess they'll find the time.

Could see it going any which way, in relation to narrative, but i don't anticipate a huge upset. The Cutie Map has had a short run where it was extraordinarily relevant, and I suspect the school will largely replace the functions it is still performing. I would guess it will furnish a handful of new episode ideas and not affect much else in the show's pacing and plot structure, in a similar manner.

• Brohoof 1