Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever come up with an bad/stupid idea(s) before?

TBD

I assumed that as much as we all have common senses (or we may think we do), we all have experienced this one moment where we'd come up with a bad and/or stupid idea with our friends, family or alone.  So do you ever have that moment where you alone or with your  buddies come up with something that turns out wrong? Or something that you've decided to back out because you've realized it was stupid.  It can be funny or serious, doesn't matter. 

Here's my story, you don't have to read it, if you chose not to. It's kinda long. I don't blame ya.

Spoiler

So back when I was 16 at high school, our teacher gave us this assignment. The assignment was to research and make a presentation  about social issues like; human trafficking, child labour, ects.  My partner and I decided to make our presentation about the issues toward prostitutions. Then having driven by  bringing awareness and justice and whatnot  to the world's attention, I've come up with a plan that we should take it further. By trying to actually find and meet an actual prostitute as an undercover to interview them and record the audio as a proof that prostitution is bad based on their testament.  Just to be clear, we weren't thinking about "buying,"  just want to talk to them one on one.  I know this is a stupid idea because obviously that's not going to happen. But my stupid 16 yrs self was so driven in "bringing justice and awareness" that it didn't occured to me. I was actually being serious about it and since both me and my partner worked in downtown it's works perfectly with our schedule. However, just  two days away before going along with our plan, my partner decided that he wants out. He felt uneasy about it and told me we should keep it simple like researching. But stupid me again, I understand where he's coming and told him that I'll do it myself and that he doesn't need to worry about it. The next day, feeling a bit excited and nervous that I have one more day to go, something in my mind said that I should share this to my teacher. Just to gain some insights or some advices from him.  I don't why, it was out of the blue. So I did and my teacher was furious about me being so stupid to think about that kind of plan and lectured me about it.   Most of the things he said, I already knew in the back of my head that it was not safe and stupid. I guess I was at the moment of adrenaline rush of wanting to do something right and threw my common sense out the window. But man, I was glad though that I've decided to talk about it to my teacher before going along with this. 

Thinking back I would found it funny that this stupid little me would come up something that crazy and unsafe at the same time. But also as an reminder not to think something like that again due to this being a very serious matters. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, you sure were a brave sixteen year old :laugh:  It's good to trust your intuitions, most of the time anyway.Though the sixteen year olds I knew would have no problems with getting a firsthand experience, for the sake of research of course :toldya:

I don't know if this counts since I was a child at the time, but I thought it would be a good idea to put my hand palm up under the sewing machine and hit the pedal. I clearly knew how the machine worked, but I guess I didn't consider what would happen afterward.

• Brohoof 2

I was, for a while, proscribed a drug that acts as a 'beta blocker'. They work by blocking the effect of adrenaline, which really helped my anxiety and stopped my heart beating too fast. All well and good, one would think... until I was late for a bus.

Seeing the bus pull up at the stop, I ran to catch it.

Thankfully I survived the experience, but I do now have some idea of the effects of a heart attack. My heart kept a steady beat that, whilst fine for my usual walking pace, was insufficient for sustaining me at a sprint. It was quite a strange experience; I had black spots in my vision and I felt very badly winded despite being fresh and well rested. I stopped before I keeled over, and after a few deep breaths I felt fine again.

The thing to take away from all this? Read the leaflet that comes with your medication.

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

No, I have not published an autobiography yet, thank you. :D

Jesting aside... the most imbecilic decision I believe I have ever made is deciding that under-eating is an excellent way to keep myself healthy. Thanks to this, my contemporary diet is an amorphous mess. I intend to rectify this soon enough... but it certainly didn't need to be this way.

(edited)
3 hours ago, Beached Whale said:

.Though the sixteen year olds I knew would have no problems with getting a firsthand experience, for the sake of research of course :toldya:

I can imagine twilight saying that exact line. Although we all know what has become of her...(:lostit:

Yeh it's just how younglings thinks or what i was thinking at the time. Thinking back just give me this thought that I was this close to making the dumbest mistake in my lifetime. 

3 hours ago, Beached Whale said:

put my hand palm up under the sewing machine and hit the pedal. I clearly knew how the machine worked, but I guess I didn't consider what would happen afterward.

And you're a brave kid :orly:

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't know, I've never made any individual decisions that are even slightly important. :mlp_wat: My whole life, I've never been able to think for myself. Everyone is usually injecting thoughts into my head that aren't mine, or giving me orders. I haven't really been making any choices myself, therefore I'm not able to be proud not regret any of them. :wacko:

Actually... yeah, that's probably my answer right there. :D Not ever thinking for myself and making independent choices when I was young; this has lead to the majority of the negative side in my current self. :adorkable:

Dude, you're talking about my daily schedule here. :maud:

I once wrote a crackfic where I literally tried to make every single line of the story a joke when I was sixteen. The best part? It's not even my worst work. The story I wrote after it was. :umad:

Just offhand I've had some stupid ideas about going places i shouldn't go and doing things I shouldn't do. I used to love sneaking into places and giving myself stupid dares to accomplish. (What can I say? I had some really boring teen years). I remember climbing up a railroad bridge overlooking the Willamette River in Oregon. The bridge was old and in terrible shape. There were rickety walkways, many of them near collapse, that I used to climb across, really high above the railroad tracks and river. That was stupid, pointlessly risky and accomplished nothing.  

One time I put liquid dish soap in the dishwasher instead of a scoop of the powdered because we were out, and I figured it'd work just as well. That filled the whole thing with suds which leaked out onto the floor and nearly ruined the washer. To be fair, I was 8 or 9 years old.

Other thing that comes to mind is my take on a flying aircraft carrier which is highly susceptible to any ground to air missiles. It served no practical purpose other than a constant visual reminder to technologically inferior enemies that you could rain hell down upon them at any given time.

Here are only a few stupid ideas I had that went wrong, all are when I was younger.

- Decided to ride a bike as fast as I could and I took a turn going ultra fast on gravel. Didn't end well.

- Decided to walk across a frozen stream in winter. You probably know what happened next.

- Rolled down a very large hill without stopping. I think I lost a brain cell that day.

- Climbed multiple trees, usually came down with scratches.

I wish I could get out of the house more often nowadays, those sort of stupid ideas fun to have until something goes wrong, and even when that happens you can look back to that time and laugh at it and how stupid it was. I still do minor stupid things, like jump over a fence and climb all sorts of objects, but not as much as I used to.

Edited by SpookyEnergy

I'm sure everyone goes through a time where they have had a bad idea before. I've done a few, all at work, but I try to think of the idea from every direction before I present it. Most of the time my ideas get shot down, I feel like it's the most logical and I'm the only one with common sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...