Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Backstory for Celestia and Luna coming soon?

Sly

As this topic contains spoilers for the S7 finale I will put my thoughts under spoilers for now. Don't read if you haven't watched the finale yet.

Spoiler

I've been thinking quite a bit in the last days. The thing that many people are looking forward to see the most in future episodes, is surely the origin of Luna and Celestia. Well, I just realized, that with Starswirl return in the present timeline, now our chances to see that in future seasons have become very high: there are now chances that we're getting an episode in which Starswirl tells the story of the two sisters and how he was a teacher to them before he was imprisoned into Limbo. At least this is what I think. What you guys think about it?

I could happen, but the danger is that it has to be really good. I don't want them to just be born by alicorn parents. They need have motive to stay and come to Equestria. :grin:

For how S7 finale played out, that raises the possibility of exploring some needed backstory for Celly and Luna :squee:. It's very needed at this point, but I just hope they don't make too many retcons out of the Journal :dash: . Seriously, I'd hate if Commander Hurricane becomes a mare in the show :dry: 

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

For how S7 finale played out, that raises the possibility of exploring some needed backstory for Celly and Luna :squee:. It's very needed at this point, but I just hope they don't make too many retcons out of the Journal :dash: . Seriously, I'd hate if Commander Hurricane becomes a mare in the show :dry: 

Well, the journal is pretty much non canon completely now, but I don't think they will change that.

Anyway, yeah I think we may be getting more backstory soon, in Hasbros latest earnings call, they had "Lore" listed as one of the more important factors of MLP. I thinkl season 8 will give us a lot of backstories

I hope they don't mess up Celestia and Lunas, or Discords for that matter should it happen.

8 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Could be possible! But they're not the only ones! I'm interested in seeing the backstories of Spike especially, but also Discord, and even Tirek and Scorpan if the writers get the chance! ;)

Spike is the most important out of these 4, but I like to see a story touched upon Discord aswell. I hope he gets a more important role in the show. Spoiler season 8!

Spoiler

Maybe he could be a teacher in Twilights school or go and befriend Starswirl. I like to see a guysnight with Spike, Starswirl, Discord and Big Mac. :D