Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could My Little Pony be the last of this generation of animation?

SaburoDaimando

This is something that has been on my mind lately. A number of shows that have aired this decade have come to an end(Ex: Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Regular Show, Legend of Korra, Dan Vs, Transformers Prime, Fish Hooks, Wander over Yonder) or are about to come to an end(Ex: Adventure Time, TMNT 2012, Star Wars Rebels).  For some of us, it's feeling like an end of a great era of cartoons since the 90s.

And yet, one cartoon(Among other cartoons) is still standing after a long time: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  In fact, it's been with us for 7 years, and it's moving onto its 8th year, still going strong.  Hell, I think we may go beyond its rumored 9 years.

But I also believe that My Little Pony may end up being one of the last cartoons of this decade, while other cartoons will end its run or be cancelled at the last minute.  Part of it is because of the support of us Bronicorns and Pegasisters.  And another part may be because of Hasbro's decision to support Digital Streaming sites like Netflix AND Youtube(My LIttle Pony and the Equestria girls Movies are still up on Netflix as of now, while the new Equestria Girls series is due out on Youtube next month).

What do you guys think?  How would you feel seeing talking horses go beyond 2020?

• Brohoof 3

I personally would absolutely love it. I've been a fan since 2010 and I've thoroughly enjoyed this cartoon the most out of all the cartoons introduced in this decade so I hope it continues on well past the supposed 9 year run. If Hasbro does decide to end it I really hope they keep the same cutesy anime-ish style including all of Equestria.

At this point, the worst that they can do is just totally scrap all the work that has gone into building the world, but there is hope that they won't do that because seaponies will be introduced to the show so I've heard. Hasbro seems to know what they are doing in terms of keeping the fandom. XD

• Brohoof 1

9 years? I think we can easily breach the decade mark. MLP has a shot of leaving it's mark within cartoon lore. It can be one of the few cartoons to go past 10 years that aren't affiliated with the big 3 (Cartoon Network, Disney and Nickelodeon). Not only that, but it will also be remembered for it's ability to challenge social norms, expand far beyond it's intended fan base, and change many peoples lives for the better. 

• Brohoof 4

7 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

9 years? I think we can easily breach the decade mark. MLP has a shot of leaving it's mark within cartoon lore. It can be one of the few cartoons to go past 10 years that aren't affiliated with the big 3 (Cartoon Network, Disney and Nickelodeon). Not only that, but it will also be remembered for it's ability to challenge social norms, expand far beyond it's intended fan base, and change many peoples lives for the better. 

Not to mention give more exposure to Canadian Actors since Beast Wars: Transformers.

• Brohoof 2

57 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Maybe ponies could reach the decade, maybe not, but I'm sure of something: It'll will have spinoff regardless 

The one spin-off I wanna see is a series of shorts starring Pinkie Pie taking a bit of a genre savvyness from Looney Tunes character Bugs Bunny.

• Brohoof 1