Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Salem University

Duality

LEY

Spoiler

Although her intentions and demeanour were, to most questionably, impeccable, Ley did not receive any aid from the students. It wasn't anything unexpected, her prediction was that things would turn out like this. The indignation burnt with a fiery flame inside her however as she scanned the receding crowd in search of a prey she could unleash her anger upon. Not being able to find a suitable target only enraged her even further, but also brought about an unfamiliar feeling of saddness. Say whatever you want, she actually missed her servants responding to each of her calls...

Ley uncrossed her arms and laid them upon the wall, pushing herself away to stand up straight. Without further ados, she made a rapid turn on her right foot. The speed made her illustrious, carefully tailored outfit flutter around her, along with the coils of her hair. Sudden movement of air unleashed the scent of her perfumes and spread it around her. She delved into the maze of corridors the school had to offer, her steps being swift and furious. Her way of walking indicated the same.

After a few minutes of walking, which Ley sacrificed for failing to internally calm herself, she finally managed to reach University grounds which were still devoid of students. During her walk, she figured the headmistress' office should have been located at the bottom ground of the building, but she wasn't so certain about this. Finding a staircase, she climbed onto the landing and rested her claw upon the windowsill, leaning against it with a concerned expression.

"Unbelievable. Unacceptable. Unforgivable." - she whispered to herself, staring outside through the glass. Her claw-adorned fingers were beating out an impatient rhythm. A few students below were rushing towards, what she assumed, the gates of the University. Provided she didn't lose her sense of direction. Other than that, everything outside was mostly green. Ley leaned back and carefully grabbed the black glove she was wearing on her right hand. Her claw was serving like pincers now. After removing it, she raised her hand and snapped her fingers. "Jeeves." - before she managed to begin struggling to put the glove back on, a black portal with violet-purple energies swirling around it opened behind her backs and an elderly man came out of it. She never quite understood why Jeeves chose to look like that in their world. Complete with wings and tail. It may have been connected with the stories she heard when she was young, and her subconsciousness was ordering him to adopt the form of Daemons from old fairy tales for children. In all truth, she didn't know how Jeeves looked like in... say, "reality". For all she knew, he might have been a fluffy, two headed puppy with seven tails. Although Ley had to admit she had some serious doubts about this idea. "Scan the area for traces of powerful magic sources." - her voice was hollow, it was an order, not a request.

"M'lady." - the butler simply nodded with his head, and nearly immediately turned his head staring somewhere at the ceiling behind his back. "A weak magic is being exerted on University grounds. Its source and purpose is unknown. There's also a massive collective of magical users in front of University gates. A spike of magical energies can be traced coming from that direction as well."

Ley frowned. She figured that the leaders of this heaven and hell's forsaken academy would leave some kind of imprint of their powers in the area, based on which she would be able to find them. But, as she figured, they must have been hiding their powers well. "Thank you Jeeves, dismissed." - as quick as he was to appear, two blinks of an eye later Jeeves was nowhere to be found again. Ley wasn't at the landing anymore either. Further down the hall a voice could be heard echoing across the halls. "A prodigy, they've written. Unique opportunity. Mutual benefits they've written." - more and more venom was pouring into her voice - "Treatment adequate to my status? All I've met so far is disgrace... disgrace of being completely ignored." - it sounded as if the voice reached its boiling point - "Someone's getting a piece of MY mind on fullfilling THEIR part of bargain!" - her words faded and finally fell silent as she slowly headed towards, hopefully, the gates of the University... ...assuming her sense of direction was not fooling her.

To be blunt, she got lost. But Ley would never admit it. The bottom line, Ley believed she wasn't lost. She knew perfectly where she was at the moment, she was angrily strolling the corridors of the Univeristy. It's the rest of the world that currently didn't know Ley's location.

"AAARRGHH!" - a distant exclamation of tantrum could be heard one last time, travelling through the empty corridors like a wave.

@Arid_Blitz

IRA

Spoiler

Rouen's words fueled the fighting spirit of his protege. Mocking someone in battle was something natural. It was one of tactics to distrupt your foe's concetration, she didn't need his teachings to understand it. After the fight, she would probably reconsider his proposition. Her hair, although she loved them, usually caused her more trouble than did good. However, she didn't have time to consider his words as her mentor wasn't going to wait any longer.

It's been a few spars before Ira managed to convince Rouen she didn't require special treatment. He was very careful when it came to simulated combat, but she argued with him that holding back will never allow her to develop any real muscle reactions. Since then, their fights, while still under their control, became a bit realistic. Initially, she would get out of them with a number of bruises, but as time passed she learned how to block many typical attacks. Seeing him rush at her, she had no choice. Ira let go of the bow and grabbed it with both hands just at the tip, making a giant swing at him at last second. She aimed it at his right side, knowing perfectly he will have to either dodge, what would give her some breathing room, either block if he wanted to land a blow. It seemed as he chose the latter, and the sturdy wood met with his blocking arm, as he shifted his silhouette to deflect the blow. Ira wasn't done yet, as she let her improvised melee weapon go at the moment of impact and allowed her inertia to lead her, delivering a quick successive blow to the same spot with her right leg after leaving a swift spin. It was easily blocked as well, and Rouen quickly used the opening to dive under it before she regained her posture. Ira took the blow blocking it with both of her arms, but the force behind it forced her to tremble nevertheless. Her opponent might have only had one arm left, but it was no laughing matter, as he learned how to fight with it perfectly. Additionaly, the height difference was giving her different kind of disadvantage, as he was simply towering above her. It meant all her hits towards the face would have to travel upwards.

The combat quickly turned into a brawl. Initially, it looked a lot like a refined dance, with both enemies gracefully avoiding their blows or blocking them when necessary. There was no advantage to any of fighters it seemed like, but Ira was fully aware she was getting the worst part. Even though their blows were exchanged more or less on equal terms when it came to quantity, Rouen was stronger than her, and he was going to tire her out at this pace. Especially that he wasn't fooling around and was pressurizing her with continous attacks, which she sometimes found hard to deflect due to his swiftness and agility. Realizing this, she switched her tactic. She focused aiming her blows at his left side, knowing perfectly that he would therefore not be able to use the centrifuge force to direct his blows, putting the entirety of his body behind it. It was a disgusting tactic for one who would recognize it, but if she was fighting for real, any means of victory were allowed. History was written by the victors, not the losers.

As the fight went on, there was no time for words. It would only mean one of the two lost concentration and that tiny advantage could have catastrophic results for said person. Their arms were moving as if precise machines, with focus drawing on both of their faces. She did manage to light a few light blows on him, but he shrugged them off as if they were nothing. In exchange, she took considerably more hits herself, but was still holding fine as well. The combat has been going on for a few good minutes already, and the movements of both combatants changed. There was no longer place for grand, fabulous figures. They got replaced by relentless, surgically precise strikes and calculated dodges. The initiative turned to Rouen's side nevertheless with time.

Ira was holding her ground against him as he launched another attack. She saw his fist flying across the air and reacted accordingly, also noticing it was chaning its height therefore it meant he would strike to a different location. With the corner of her eye, she noticed him shift the position of his feet, as if he was going to undercut her. By the time she realized it, her body reacted on instinct while he proceeded to forfeit the manouver. She found herself in a position which was prepared to parry a completely different blow, and as a result took a might hit to her stomach. The force behind it caused her to be thrown back, as she folded like a piece of paper while her legs gave in. A few, tiny cracks appeared on the ice barrier above them, as the flash of pain reached her brain. She stepped back, falling to her knee and instantly bouncing back to her feet and straightening up again. She was holding her left hand above the place which got hit, feeling every nerve hurting across her body. Panting heavily, she regained her posture. In regular combat, her opponent would have used the situation to press the attack, but Rouen had enough decency not to humiliate her in front of everyone. They both knew that this single hit would have meant her loss. Forcing the opponent on their knees meant you've had infinite amount of time to follow up on your attack before they stand up. She had to admit, never yet did she see him perform such a manouver. Rouen used her own instincts against her, fooling her into thinking he's performing a well thought-out, intricately layered attack, but instead it seems he... improvised? She couldn't place the hit he used inside the field of any known to her techniques he was so fond of.

Nevertheless, she still had the steam in her, and the public was watching. This time it was Ira who rushed at him, not willing to leave the stage without having another try at, perchance literally if future allowed, kicking the overgrown kitten's buttocks.

In all the heat of combat, she completely failed to notice that, at one moment, the plants around them seemed to have developed a personality and were faintly reacting to a presence, far, far away from their current position.

• Brohoof 1

@Duality

"Ah! Dr Wave Particle! I recognized you from the back of your book on Runescipting!" Druantia exclaimed after the pieces had fell together on who her future teacher was. She was so excited to actually meet someone who actually knew how to cast proper magic that the plants around her started to behave rather erratically. beds of flowers sprung into existence all around them. They warped and twisted, both in color and shape, till they looked like something from a fever dream as her eyes sparkled with excitement and questions. 

That excitement turned to a wave of new emotions. A bit of shyness towards someone who's books she's read, earnest need for answered questions, a bit of frustration in the mix all played across her face.  

"I'm a bit embarrassed to confess that, while I've read your books, I've not been very successful in using the knowledge in them for more than answering tests on a paper." She scratched the back of her head sheepishly at that. She spoke in a lowered voice, to embarrassed that others might hear. "It's like I see what you mean about arranging the runes in specific patterns for desired effects, but my magic seems to not want to cooperate when I try to use them. It's rather frustrating." Her magic seemed to respond to that, reaching and grasping its influence at any plants it could find in the area. To those who could sense it, her magic seemed to almost have a will of its own, operating more like a moderately trained animal that responded to its master's mood instead of it being a true extension of herself. It did what she wanted, but how it went about that was a mystery to her. 

The malicious, eerie aura that more adept individuals would have been able to pick up on faded quite a bit as she confessed this short coming to the Dean. It was still there, bubbling under the surface, but not as ambient as before. It showed in the plants around her also. The looked less sharp and aggressive now that she was talking about academics, with softer colors as well. 

@reader8363 After the men had got the intruder out of the limo, they set about getting Druantia's things.

@Duality With that Dru composed herself and put her practiced calm and collected expression "I would love a tour of the grounds. If someone could show my grandpa's friends to my room they'll be able to put my things away." 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Buck Testa @Khajiit

Duality grinned cheerfully. "It's a pleasure to find a student so interested in learning! I look forward to seeing how your powers bloom under tutelage such as that we have in the University." Her smile grew wider. "Pun unrepentantly intended. There's an unofficial yearly competition among the senior staff to see who can come up with the most cringeworthy wordplays on the students' magic, so I'm getting my points in early with you." She gestured offhandedly at the teacher who had originally been assigned the task of welcoming Druantia to show her 'grandpa's friends' to the dormitory where a room had been set aside for her. The man gulped audibly at the prospect of going anywhere with the group of hulking men, but obeyed significantly faster than mere decorum would dictate when he caught sight of a glint in her gaze that only forcing her to make an unprepared speech in front of over a hundred people could bring out.

"Now, I'm thinking that we should stop in at the Duelling Hall - not the Dualling Hall, mind you, I've had a student once ask whether it was named after me, the Duelling Hall - before we look at any of the rest of the University, so we can get you a little talisman to keep that magic of yours from mutating the poor potted moss plant I keep on my desk. Or, perhaps..." Duality trailed off thoughtfully, scanning the ground. "Aha!" she exclaimed after a few seconds, all but pouncing on an unremarkable flat pebble lying to the side of the main stairs. "Perfect. Now, open your hand, and I'll just - there!" She finished scribbling something on the rock with a permanent marker she'd pulled out of a pocket somewhere on her person and proudly plunked the rune-inscribed rock - for a rune was what she'd drawn on it - into Druantia's palm.

"Focus on that, and your errant magic should die away all by itself. Come, though, we have an entire university to explore before lunchtime and we haven't even started!" A beam spread across Duality's face once again as she swooped the student past the still-gawping remnants of the earlier crowd and through the central school building's front doors. The fingers of her left hand twitched idly as she good-naturedly chivvied the girl down the passageway, keeping loose tabs on the magical signature of the demidaemon sort-of-transfer-student - another of Lilith's annual logistical/diplomatic headaches - who'd recently drawn her attention by ripping a hole in reality to accommodate her 'butler'. Twice. The girl appeared to be unaccompanied, too, which meant that somehow yet another scheduled welcoming committee plus guided tour had fallen through.

"Fermion, but Principal Plowse is going to be fuming about this. Better make sure she has a good cup of coffee before I break it to her," Duality murmured under her breath, subtly switching tack down the corridors to a route that she knew would take her to the library. Fortuitously, the vast accumulation of tomes was both the closest place of note to the wandering demidaemon and the wing of the University that she suspected Druantia would hold the greatest interest in. "And that's the room where they keep the bodies of the people who get on Mr. Blackrose's bad side!" she declared with some relish to her eleven-year-old tagalong, emerging from her thoughts in time to gesture grandly to the door that led to a large supply cellar with a suspiciously turned-up dirt floor, widely rumoured among the students to be the notorious tutor's personal mass grave.

Edited by Duality

15 hours ago, Duality said:

"It's a pleasure to find a student so interested in learning! I look forward to seeing how your powers bloom under tutelage such as that we have in the University." Her smile grew wider

@Duality

Dru groaned a little at that pun. Her Grandpa loved to make puns as well, which had made the reaction more a Pavlovian response than anything else. Still she couldn't her mouth under control completely, which twitched into a smile from how amused she was. Still it had put her at ease that even this vaunted Dean could crack jokes and lighten the mood. She didn't pay much attention to her guards as they carried a substantial load of suitcases with them and followed the poor man. Each and every one of them had their faces hardened and expressionless. You wouldn't be surprised at all to see these men robbing a bank or collecting money from business owners, yet in their huge hands they carried the flowery luggage of their Druantia. 

"A dueling hall? I suppose it's a place where people combat with magic with each other? That sounds exciting! I like fighting with magic, but I never got to fight another magic user before." Druantia looked at the stone in her hand that was given to her. She didn't recognize the mark on it from any of her books, which was strange since she had quite a head for what they looked like. Still she was told to focus on it to get her magic under control so she chose to do it. Her face scrunched up in concentration as they walked, slightly growing red with the effort of wrangling her wayward magic into one spot. Despite not knowing what kind of meaning she was supposed to give to this rune, she tried her best to focus on it with all her might. Surely the effort would pay off. 

"And that's the room where they keep the bodies of the people who get on Mr. Blackrose's bad side!" she declared with some relish to her eleven-year-old tagalong, emerging from her thoughts in time to gesture grandly to the door that led to a large supply cellar with a suspiciously turned-up dirt floor, widely rumoured among the students to be the notorious tutor's personal mass grave.

Dru was mildly sweating now as she was focusing harder, but she couldn't help but give a wry smile at the idea of keeping bodies in a room. 

"That's silly, It's always best to hide bodies off of the property. Like in concrete or in the bottom of the ocean. Keeping it in a room is just poor planning." 

The flippancy in which she said this made it difficult to tell if she were joking or not. It almost sounded like she was reciting house rules rather than making a joke.

She then redoubled her efforts staring at the stone. Her face scrunched as she stared intently at the rune, trying desperately to make it work. In response to her magic bombarding the little pebble, the ink began to radiate heat. The mark burned into the stone itself as she continued to stare intensely at it. Even those who did not have the innate ability to see magical flows would be able to see a faint glow of magic as her aura coalesced around her. To those who could see magical auras, they would get a rather alarming surprise about her magic. @Khajiit @dragon4111 @reader8363 @Arid_Blitz @Duality

The radius of her reach was far larger than they initially saw, it was just very faint at further distances. The more she pulled her magic into focusing on the stone, the more her magic started to condense, creating palpable change in the air around them. She was visibly struggling to keep it even this compact around her. She was so used to having her aura loose and free, extending out across the entirety of her grandpas estate and a fair bit beyond it. She had never really accustomed herself to keeping it inside or just around her person. It became very difficult for her to hold it as the tour went on, till she had difficulty even listening to the teacher. She began turning heads as she stood there. Her aura of magic, now that it was so condensed down, looked like a glowing ghostly entity that she was inside of. Visible tentacle like vines of energy writhed around her and morphed into different shapes. The air around her was quite muggy and hot, visibly causing a lot of light refraction around her, like you would see in a desert. 

The pebble she had been focusing on now had the ink marking scorched into it all the way through. in it's place an intense focus of pure magic resided in the hole. It had been the most she had ever done of this sort before, and it was quite exhausting for her. She was visibly sweating from the strain of condensing her aura this much. She finally had to let go. Her magic snapped back and spread far into the distance in a wide reaching radius, however it was far less active than before. The proverbial animal like nature of her power had decided it needed to rest, but to anyone who could perceive what was going on, it was an alarming display of power. If her natural, untrained magic had that much reach and energy behind it, what would a trained and conditioned version of her power look like? 

She brushed her brow of sweat as she caught her breath from the exertion. "Whew, I think it worked, whatever it was supposed to do." 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa@Duality

Ley

It took her a few minutes to find the traces of the civilization again. Ley would never suspect she'd be happy after seeing a face of a stranger. She's been trying to open every door on her way. Effectively, she now knew the locations of: broom closet (it was closed, but very visibly signed [it also had a note attached asking the students to stop stealing buckets for some reason]), both men and women's bathrooms, a few locked classes, a circle of self-adoration for students... this last one was interesting. She stumbled across open door to one of the classrooms and found a group of students inside, engaging in unknown to her plebeian activities. She slammed the doors and continued, however made a mental note to visit the local library once she finds it and read up on "The Life of Peasants". The pink haired aristocrat was more than certain that such book had to exist. She never yet expressed interest in life of lower classes and at this particular moment figured it might be an interesting read after all. Even if absolutely disgusting.

The frequency with which she was meeting students was rising, leading her to believe she's been heading in correct direction, more or less. Wherever was the place she was trying to reach, really. Yet, her attention very slowly began shifting towards a certain presence some distance away. It seemed as if energy was being meticulously gathered in one place. Ley finally felt an incentive, an incentive to head towards the source of power. The half-Daemoness knew very well how weak her own abilities to sense magical presence were, but if even SHE was able to sense it, its user must have been more powerful than your avarage student. It meant only one thing: faculty. Her face undertook a fierce expression. "Finally." - she said to herself with satisfaction as she rushed towards the source.

As she was reaching her destination, she felt... lighter on her soul and mind. It was a very subtle change in the air, as if something suddenly went missing. A... thing... a force? Was it something with the temperature? She couldn't quite lay a finger on it, but her consciousness was screaming at her, insisting there was a change in the atmosphere around her.

It took her a good moment before she made the last turn and ran into the corridor from which the energy was coming from. She managed to catch a glimpse of last few seconds of the entire event, and should she not see with her own eyes, she wouldn't believe if somebody told her. It was a child. A small girl. What was she? 10? No more than 13 for sure. Yet, a green, magical aura could be seen swirling around her, twisting, changing shapes. With naked eye. But just as she managed to notice her, the aura dispersed and Ley felt a force pass through her body, as Dru's powers spread across the area again. She turned her head behind, staring far into the distant end of the corridor, seeking the source of such unfamiliar feeling, but saw nothing. Yet, the distinctive, oily feeling returned, she could now place it after realizing it's been missing for a while.

What she spotted however was a tiny number of students, going about their lives. All but one other failed to witness what just transpired. Some were staring directly at her, but turned their eyes away as they've met her stare. She turned her attention to the girl again and a devilish smile appeared on her face. Here she was, thinking she'd literally die of boredom already. Ley directed her steps towards the child, deliberately ignoring her female, human companion. Her overly flamboyant costume was being waived around with each step. All three stopped in their tracks at he same moment, as one or two more steps and they would literally collide with each other.

"Now now..." - Ley stated calmly, yet her voice pitch clearly betrayed she was sinfully enjoying the meeting. She raised her left leg and bent it, crossing the right one above. Effectively, she was now hovering just over the ground. The pink haired girl intertwined the fingers of her hands and rested them on her knee, forming a small, improvised bridge on which she then rested her chin. She was staring directly into the small girl's eyes. "...look what we have here?" - she tilted her head ever so slightly. "You are leaking magic all over the place. Just like a tap, that's never been closed properly. I failed to notice it earlier, but now it's clearly visible. Tell me, little girl..." - her eyes squinted suddenly, her smile became wider and, by definition, creepy. That, connected with her heavily unusual appearance, feared and despised by so many, was certainly a terrifying sight to behold. Of course, there was a high possibilty the child did not know anything about the Daemons at all. However, it seemed that Ley was driving some twisted pleasure from their little setting. She decided she's had enough of the masquerade. In a flash of an eye, a pair of pinkish, semi-transparent and clearly demonic wings sprung from behind her lower back, very slowly flapping in the air and keeping her above the ground level. The corridor around them suddenly became empty, as the nearby students quickly stepped away in fear. She leaned down and forward a bit, asking inquisitively - "...who might you be?"

Heated conversations and a lone shout surrounded her, but she paid them no attention this time. Ley was certain that this particular, little child could have probably taken on on the surrounding students single handed, should she have to. Such a peculiar character was sure to pique her interest.

• Brohoof 2

Rose thought she was home free, but then she felt something cold pick her up off the floor and said as she was lifted off the ground, "Why are you here and not in our room?"

She turned around and saw her father looking at her with concern and suspicion in his eyes. She folded her arms and said, "It's not like can't  look around the school, I am a student here."

Shadow sighed and said, "Alright, just so that you don't abuse your magic, hand me the crystal." When he saw and felt her flinch, he shook her a bit and said a bit loud, "Rose Beast, I told you that it was for emergencies, not for your pleasure." He dropped her on the floor and started to walk away. He was going to teach her a private lesson, but after that, they'll have to wait.

Sorxir decided to get something to eat and headed to the cafeteria. She grabbed some food and as she was heading to sit down, she adjusted her eye patch and sat down. She messed with her food a bit, then she started eating.

• Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa @Khajiit

Duality's cheerfulness gave way to a scrutinising gaze for a moment as Druantia rattled off how to properly dispose of bodies as if she'd memorised it by rote, but flickered back into a carefree grin before the child had a chance to notice. "Good point, but I doubt Mr. Blackrose is worried about hiding his victims. Helps the students learn to fear him faster, or so I've heard. Either way, I've never heard of him having issues with rowdy classrooms, unlike most other teachers on campus. Always complaining that they can't keep their students under contr - ah, are you feeling all right?"

Duality gave her companion a look of mild concern as the magical intensity levels in the corridor took such a leap that she lost track of the demidaemon student's formidable energy signature, then stopped dead as she took in the fast-becoming-molten remains of Druantia's pebble and the violently pulsating aura-condensate still pumping power into the stone. Even as she watched, the flux of energy surrounding the student reached visible-light levels of concentration, heating the air around them to uncomfortably high temperatures. Just as she tensed her hands and prepared herself to step in and disperse the magic forcibly, it snapped back to its original passive configuration in a massive pulse of power, passing through the dissipation runes on the walls like they were nothing.

7 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

She brushed her brow of sweat as she caught her breath from the exertion. "Whew, I think it worked, whatever it was supposed to do." 

"Actually, it was intended to not melt itself, but call that a design flaw." Duality murmured, relaxing her posture and stooping to pick up the cooled stone cutouts, charred around the edges where the power-infused rune had sliced through them like a hot knife through butter. She examined the remains carefully before slipping them into her pocket, patting it to make sure the irregular lumps of rock settled comfortably. "Our dearly departed pebble here used to be basalt, which, on the whole, melts at about a thousand degrees Celsius. Tch. So much for permanent marker; that barely lasted a few minutes." She resumed a subdued, thoughtful, pace down the passageway, glancing sideways periodically to make sure Druantia was keeping up in spite of her obvious fatigue, but was forced to stop abruptly once again as she came up face to face with what was undoubtedly the demidaemon she had been keeping an eye on earlier.

6 hours ago, Khajiit said:

"Now now..." - Ley stated calmly, yet her voice pitch clearly betrayed she was sinfully enjoying the meeting. She raised her left leg and bent it, crossing the right one above. Effectively, she was now hovering just over the ground. The pink haired girl intertwined the fingers of her hands and rested them on her knee, forming a small, improvised bridge on which she then rested her chin. She was staring directly into the small girl's eyes. "...look what we have here?" - she tilted her head ever so slightly. "You are leaking magic all over the place. Just like a tap, that's never been closed properly. I failed to notice it earlier, but now it's clearly visible. Tell me, little girl..." - her eyes squinted suddenly, her smile became wider and, by definition, creepy. That, connected with her heavily unusual appearance, feared and despised by so many, was certainly a terrifying sight to behold. Of course, there was a high possibilty the child did not know anything about the Daemons at all. However, it seemed that Ley was driving some twisted pleasure from their little setting. She decided she's had enough of the masquerade. In a flash of an eye, a pair of pinkish, semi-transparent and clearly demonic wings sprung from behind her lower back, very slowly flapping in the air and keeping her above the ground level. The corridor around them suddenly became empty, as the nearby students quickly stepped away in fear. She leaned down and forward a bit, asking inquisitively - "...who might you be?"

Duality drew breath to answer, but realised that the newcomer was intentionally and very obviously excluding her from the question. She mulled the possibility of calling the showy demidaemon out on it with a veiled remark about how poor her vision must be that she apparently failed to notice an entire teacher standing right in front of her - a tactic that, in its variations, had served her well against many years of stuck-up students - but ultimately decided that it would be more expedient if she indulged the girl's elitism in this small thing and simply allowed her field of attention to widen in its own time. After all, it couldn't hurt to let them get to know each other, since you're planning to drag them around the entire University together.

13 hours ago, Duality said:

"Actually, it was intended to not melt itself, but call that a design flaw." Duality murmured, relaxing her posture and stooping to pick up the cooled stone cutouts, charred around the edges where the power-infused rune had sliced through them like a hot knife through butter. She examined the remains carefully before slipping them into her pocket, patting it to make sure the irregular lumps of rock settled comfortably. "Our dearly departed pebble here used to be basalt, which, on the whole, melts at about a thousand degrees Celsius. Tch. So much for permanent marker; that barely lasted a few minutes." She resumed a subdued, thoughtful, pace down the passageway, glancing sideways periodically to make sure Druantia was keeping up in spite of her obvious fatigue

"I think it's more my fault than yours." She said in a breathy voice, she was still rather spent from trying to use her magic that much. She'd be fine in a minute or two, but that exertion was something else. "Whenever I focus on something that isn't a plant, it tends to be rather uncooperative." 

She reached into her pocket and picked out a flower seed. She stared at it, and with very little effort it nearly instantaneously bloomed and flourished into a rose. She was able to manipulate it and move it about like it was an extension of her person. Everything from the thorns to the petals moved and writhed as if it had a mind of its own. It's roots wrapped around her arm and up to her shoulder while she looked at it. 

"water boils into nothingness, stones and metals melt, the only things that seem to respond favorably to my magic is plants. It's part of why I was so interested in going to this school. I want to know either how to overcome this, or why my magic is like this."

20 hours ago, Khajiit said:

Dru could tell the student was disrespecting the teacher with how she was ignoring her and only addressing her. She had seen types like her before. Vixens who think they could stride into her grandfathers business showed up several times a year. They'd latch onto a high ranking member of the family and use them to shimmy up the ladder of command like they earned their place with their looks alone. Her grandpa told Dru to never stoop to that level. She was confident and powerful enough to handle her business like a man, but smart enough to maneuver through the politics of it all like a woman. She had the best of both worlds he would say, and she didn't need to rely on things like looks to get what she wanted. 

This woman was strange to say the least, floating in the air like an apparition from hell with pink skin and even richer pink hair. Her wings seemed strangely unneeded as she hovered in the air. They were something to flare up and make herself look intimidating. Dru hadn't seen anything like her before personally, though she had inklings as to what she might be. 

The malevolent aura that had been felt inside of the limo began to broil itself up again as Druantia's expression shifted from the innocent visage it had before. Though she had seemed tired moments earlier, her composure had returned with a gusto as she stared up at the floating daemoness. Though her guards were not magical by any stretch, all of them had become accustomed to their charges mood changes that they all felt a shudder in the air, even being in a completely different part of the school. With how far reaching her magic was, It was no surprise that even non magical people who were used to her could feel when things were getting dicey. They actively resisted grabbing for their guns, instead making religious gestures to stave off the ominous feeling that had come over them. 

tumblr_lsdbhpXz381qmvjaf.gif

"Don't you know it's rude to not address everyone present in a conversation? Dr. Wave Particle is right here. I was having a nice conversation with her. If you would like to join that conversation, you will need to mind your manners.

The Rose on her arm responded to that last line by violently growing in size. In front of both of them the small vine had changed from a minor plant into a writhing blackened abomination that loomed over the Deamoness. It's thorns glinted with how sharp they were, and the head of the rose had taken on a decidedly darker hue to it as it inflated in size. The plant lifted the girl up gracefully with a black vine beneath her feet till she was eye level with the floating being. This was not something unfamiliar to Dru, in fact it seemed the way she was carrying herself that she had seeds in her pocket for explicitly this reason. Suddenly she didn't seem like an innocent little girl ready for her first day of school, this was something primal, malevolent, twisted.  

She reached out a hand to the pink girl for a handshake, her eyes locked onto the others intensely as her magic notably weighed in the air around them. Her own grin grew to mach the deamoness as she did so, making the students leave the hall as quickly as possible, some letting out little screams of fright. 

88764aae1661a4422f7c769914625ae6_480.jpg

"As for who I am, I am The Druantia, what is your name?"

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 2

@Buck Testa@Duality@Arid_Blitz@Khajiit

"ENOUGH!" Ghalan yelled out as his magical aura flared up. "least you both want a detention with me," Ghalan stated simply as he walked towards the two as he felt the little girl call upon the rose. He looked to the rose and girl. He raised his left hand and began to use his anti gravity on both the little girl and rose. He then raised his right hand at the demidaemoness and increased the gravity around the daemoness by x4 gravity.  His magical aura was large after all he was more oriented for combat. His gravity powers made for great utility. He looked between the two children with disappointment. "Aren't you here to learn?" he asked with disappointment clear in his voice as he held the two apart. It was a mere restraint he was using after all. "now are we going to be civil here?"

• Brohoof 2

@Duality@Buck Testa@dragon4111

The first thing that caught Ley's attention was sudden change in the air. Ever since she's taken interest in the girl, she was keeping special attention to the aura around her, knowing that if she'd allow herself to forget about it she wouldn't be able to sense it again on her own. The air became stiff and grew heavier by the moment. This alone prompted Ley to raise her guard, the purpose of the aura was still unclear to her. Was it a weapon? Was it designed to distract others from its owner? Yet, that was not what wiped the smile of Ley's face. The real event that had her absolutely baffled was the fact this little girl decided to talk her down. Her, the sole heir of her's family fortune, fame and tradition. Unparalleled between the nobles of her realm. Being talked down by a child.

1 hour ago, Buck Testa said:

"Don't you know it's rude to not address everyone present in a conversation? Dr. Wave Particle is right here. I was having a nice conversation with her. If you would like to join that conversation, you will need to mind your manners."

Before she had a chance to riposte, a subtle, very soon-to-be violent movement caught her attention, as the rose on the girl's shoulder grew exponentially. "Oh?" - Ley let out a small gasp of curiosity, as she carefully observed the plant shift its shape, grow and appear to be more and more deadly be the second. She didn't even flinch, however. Fear was a privilege of the weak and defenseless, of those who could not protect themselves. She's been dealing with ghastly and, perhaps, demonic entities ever since she was child herself. While the rose was impressive indeed (and the whole situation seemed quite ironic, as Ley adored roses more than other flowers), it was not quite enough to instill any form of fear into her. Nevertheless, the ruby encrusted in her Ultima, as the claw on her left hand was called, began gathering swirling, black matter inside of itself. It became dimmed with its presence, slivers of darkness twisting and coiling inside it endlessly, searching for a way out. While she didn't feel especially endangered, she couldn't allow herself to be put into any danger.

The whole apparel of the little girl changed... in fact, the term "little girl" was hard to apply anymore. As the plant reached it size, Ley had already straightened up, crossing her arms on her chest and looking up to admire the creation. As she heard the voice again, she looked down, only to meet the girls eyes again and discover that her demenaour and behaviour was very close to her own.

2 hours ago, Buck Testa said:

"As for who I am, I am The Druantia, what is your name?"

It took a second or two for her to shake it off and a smirk appeared on Ley's face again. It betrayed a mixture of various feelings. Satisfaction, confidence, curiosity, but also subtle hints of mockery and pity. Ley couldn't help but to notice the girl presented herself as THE Druantia, a clear sign of megalomaniac personality. Megalomaniac of that age, with this power. With magic acting up depending on her emotions which, to say the least, at very first glance seemed quite unstable in Ley's eyes. It seemed that Dru wasn't to be handled lightly, for pure reasons of threat she presented to herself, others and the world in general in her current state.

With her eyes constantly locked, one could already imagine the sparks forming between them. Ley begun raising her hand to grip the one presented to her, it was time to formally let the girl know who's she dealing wi-

17 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

"ENOUGH!"

Ley's pointy ears twitched at the sudden exclamation, her hand stopped mid air. The smirk disappeared as her eyebrows risen in surprise.

18 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

"least you both want a detention with me,"

She broke the stare duel with Dru to catch a glimpse of the intruder. It was a man dressed in black, rather tall with a slightly tangled haircut, at least in Ley's eyes. He was standing with his left hand raised and aimed at Druantia. Ley looked at her, only to find her and her foul abomination hovering helplessly in the air. At the same time, her jewels in the costume and all the rich encrustations shined with blinding light, forcing her to squint her eyes heavily and soon after cover them with her arms partially. The enchantments she had placed on her outfit broke in only two seconds, as they type of magic being applied to them was something Ley would never imagine to have met. They were accustomed only to provide protection from a certain degree of elemental attacks, nothing of the sort was assaulting her right now. The moment the enchantments broke, she felt a strong force pull her to the ground. Considering she was currently mid-flight, caught off-guard and unprepared for such surprise assault, she hit the floor quite heavily first with her royal bottoms, and with her full back along with the back of her head afterwards. Her vision blackened slightly from the light trauma, but she regained consciousness quickly.

43 minutes ago, dragon4111 said:

"Aren't you here to learn?" he asked with disappointment clear in his voice as he held the two apart. It was a mere restraint he was using after all. "now are we going to be civil here?"

Ley exploded.

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!?" - she shouted as she struggled to even pull herself on her elbows from the ground - "IS THIS HOW THE UNIVERSITY TREATS ITS STUDENTS?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH IN HERE!?" - she fell to the ground again breathing heavily - "JEEVES!" - she never really wanted to ever have to summon the butler in public, but her day was awful. She's been enduring stares of this accursed community called the "student body" for entire day, she's been wandering the halls trying to find somebody whom she could discuss the conditions of this whole scholarship, she hasn't even done anything more than have a little wordplay with a child that piqued her interest.

A quickly and shoddily prepared portal opened in front of Ghalan and Jeeves stepped out of it. In his full height, he was equal to Ghalan himself. His face was stern and he was eyeing the character in front of him closely. However, his arms were crossed behind his back as he stood proudly in front of the janitor, he closed his eyes for the time of his speech. "Dear Mister, it is my humblest request you instantly cease your hostile actions against esteemed Miss Ley, also known as The Lady of The Crimson River family and fourteenth heir to the fortune and fame of their heritage. Else there will be..." - his eyes opened ever so slightly and a dark frown appeared on his face - "...unpleasantries."

Ley was not shouting anymore, but her voice was still raised. "This University was supposed to be known for having students settle their differences by duels, do not assume I have come unprepared and learned nothing of its history and traditions. Yet, at the slightest hint of harmless persiflage between two people, we are instantly treated like THIS? I demand answers, and I demand them now! Including explanations as for why should I not take legal action against the entire University and instill financial repercussions against it for such barbaric and inhumane treatment!"

• Brohoof 1

"So restraining two children one who can barely control her magic at the best of times is barbaric hmm?" Ghalan asked as he looked at the Butler. "And it has to be a sanctioned duel," Ghalan stated simply and calmly as he hummed. "Well x4 gravity was abit excessive on my part," he stated as he flicked his right hand at Ley which caused anti gravity to form around the lady. "And should I know who that is?" Ghalan asked the butler with a raised eyebrow as he looked the butler in the eyes showing no fear. "Now then miss Druantia recall your mana from that rose would you kindly?" he asked with a sickenly sweet tone of voice as he held the two women in place. "And I don't think Dr. Duality here authorized a dual now did you Doc?" he asked as he looked at Duality.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Buck Testa @Khajiit @dragon4111

Well, this was one of your better ideas. 'It couldn't hurt to let them get to know each other', you said. 'There's no harm in letting the girl ignore you', you said. Simply stunning job of creating a diplomatic incident for yourself, I must say. Speaking of which, you should probably step in before someone murders someone else. Duality sighed quietly to herself, thinking of the paperwork that would await her later, before raising her hands placatingly and stepping into the kerfuffle. "Cease and desist, the lot of you!" She pointed at Ghalan, Druantia, Ley, and Jeeves in turn, enunciating a single word for each gesture. "Nobody - kill - anybody - else. Thank you. Now, Ghalan, I do realise that it is standard practice for any staff member within spellcasting range to act to prevent student fights in the halls, but these two - three, counting the portal man - are with me, so there's no need to worry. I can handle any conflict that arises between them. Miss Druantia, while I appreciate that you took the initiative in standing up for my feelings, threatening people is not a healthy way of doing so. Simply voice a polite verbal objection and often people will correct their mistake immediately. Mr. Jeeves, I don't know what your deal is, but I ensure you that the fine Lady Crimsonriver is safe in my hands. Stand down." She countered his scowl with a glacial glare.

"And, Ms. Ley, I do apologise for this mishap. While duels are allowed and even encouraged at times in this school, they must be undertaken in a suitable pentagram with the correct responsibility waivers signed by all participants and capable staff oversight to prevent excessive injury. Mr. Ghalan saw a student altercation that involved powerful and potentially dangerous magic being used by both parties - in your case, that primed dark-magic gem in your gauntlet - and acted in accordance with staff safety guidelines by nullifying all possibility of violence apparent in the situation. While I admit his methods were quite extreme, bear in mind that gravity magic is inherently on the brute-force side and he saw you as the more formidable magic-user of the two. By way of continued apology, I understand that there was protocol in place for you to be formally welcomed to the University and given a full tour of the premises. This simple act of courtesy has somehow -  inexcusably, may I add - fallen through, as it did for the young lady here also, and I have been sent to attempt to make amends for this bureaucratic blunder."

Duality paused, realising that Ley had gone from being crushed onto the floor to floating freely in midair sometime during her speech. "Do let her go, Ghalan, it's undermining my amende honorable. Miss Druantia too, while you're at it - and, my dear, I think it would be a nice idea if you reverted that rose to its decorative form and gave it to Ms. Ley to apologise for threatening her, don't you? I'd hate to see you two end up enemies so quickly after meeting each other on account of a simple slight to my feelings."

Edited by Duality

5 hours ago, dragon4111 said:

"ENOUGH!" Ghalan yelled out as his magical aura flared up. "least you both want a detention with me," Ghalan stated simply as he walked towards the two as he felt the little girl call upon the rose. He looked to the rose and girl. He raised his left hand and began to use his anti gravity on both the little girl and rose.

@dragon4111 @Duality @Khajiit

Dru had been so into this moment that she almost hadn't noticed the fact that she started comically floating in the air. That in and of itself wouldn't be so bad. She could use her Rose construct to root herself in the ground. However there is something about Zero G's that yield undesirable and embarrassing results. She was wearing a rather expensive dress that went down to her knees. Normally the forces of gravity kept it it that way. However when this Ghalan used his power upon her... well. 

Thankfully the deamoness was throwing enough of a fit on the floor that the attention was drawn away from the girl as she worked on wrangling her dress under control and spare her own dignity. It did nothing to keep her cheeks from virtually lighting on fire how embarrassed she was with how zero g's were affecting her outfit. Her hair was similarly going all over the place, making her seem like she was almost underwater. 

1 hour ago, Duality said:

@Buck Testa @Khajiit @dragon4111

"Cease and desist, the lot of you!" She pointed at Ghalan, Druantia, Ley, and Jeeves in turn, enunciating a single word for each gesture. "Nobody - kill - anybody - else. Thank you. Now, Ghalan, I do realise that it is standard practice for any staff member within spellcasting range to act to prevent student fights in the halls, but these two - three, counting the portal man - are with me, so there's no need to worry. I can handle any conflict that arises between them. Miss Druantia, while I appreciate that you took the initiative in standing up for my feelings, threatening people is not the healthy way of doing so. Simply voice a polite verbal objection and often people will correct their mistake immediately. Mr. Jeeves, I don't know what your deal is, but I ensure you that the fine Lady Crimsonriver is safe in my hands. Stand down." She countered his scowl with a glacial glare.

"And Ms. Ley, I do apologise for this mishap. While duels are allowed and even encouraged at times in this school, they must be undertaken in a suitable pentagram with the correct responsibility waivers signed by all participants and capable staff oversight to prevent excessive injury. Mr. Ghalan saw a student altercation that involved powerful and potentially dangerous magic being used by both parties - in your case, that primed dark-magic gem in your gauntlet - and simply acted in accordance with staff safety guidelines by nullifying all possibility of violence apparent in the situation. While I admit perhaps his methods were a bit extreme, bear in mind that gravity magic is inherently on the brute-force side and he saw you as the more formidable magic-user of the two. By way of continued apology, I understand that there was protocol in place for you to be formally welcomed to the University and given a full tour of the premises. This simple act of courtesy has somehow -  inexcusably, may I add - fallen through, as it did for the young lady here also, and I have been sent to attempt to make amends for this bureaucratic blunder."

Duality paused, realising that Ley had gone from being crushed onto the floor to floating freely in midair sometime during her speech. "Do let her go, Ghalan, it's undermining my amende honorable. Miss Druantia too, while you're at it - and, my dear, I think it would be a nice idea if you reverted that rose to its decorative form and gave it to Ms. Ley to apologise for threatening her, don't you? I'd hate to see you two end up enemies so quickly after meeting each other on account of a simple slight to my feelings."

"Yes, please stop holding me in Zero G's please." She said with a bit of a strained, high pitched voice. It was clear now for anyone looking that she was having a very difficult time keeping her dress down thanks to Ghalan's power. The sheer awkward nature of this situation could definitely raise some eyebrows with her Grandpa's mafia if they ever found out about it. In response to the requests her to depower her Rose she waved a hand, making it dry up and crumble away in the wind. At first it just hung there sapped of all moisture and color, so it was dry and gray, and then it crumbled and floated away from where they were. In its place a swarm of seeds floated in the air. with a small gesture, most of the myriad of seeds went into her pockets and stayed in place despite the zero gravity, while one of them went into her hand to make an ornamental rose like Dr Wave requested. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

@Duality @dragon4111 @Khajiit @Buck Testa
Out of rage for what his daughter did, Shadow aimlessly wandered the hallways before he heard shouting and bickering coming from around the corner. He sighed, thinking it was a group of kids that couldn't really compromise on a battle's end. He turned the corner and surprised to see two students floating and three adults standing around. He walked up while making the cane a bit more solid to be able to clack against the floor, which echoed throughout the room. When he stopped next to them, he tapped the cane on the floor and made lines spread between everyone, then he said, "May I ask what's going on here?"

Rose headed towards the cafeteria to see a girl sitting alone. She sat down and started talking with the girl.

Sorxir jumped when someone sat down with her. She placed the fork down and started talking with the girl.

Edited by reader8363
  • Brohoof 1

Ghalan will sigh as he then snapped his fingers to release the two from his anti gravity fields rather comically. He began to walk away and said to Shadow casually "Just a disagreement between two kids that's all," he stated but then he looked at Jeeves with a simple look. He raised his hand to the butler and gave him a mere x2 of gravity around the butler as he walked away. He needed to drive somewhere to calm his poor nerves. He walked over to his 1925 Doble E-20 Steam Car which was in the parking lot and began to work on causing a fire within the furnace. Then using his water magic to fill up the tank. He was humming to himself as this was actually pretty peaceful for him. And plus the butler should be free in ....5....4...3...2...1. The wonders of a gravity mine spell...eh?

• Brohoof 1

@Duality@Buck Testa@dragon4111@reader8363

As Druantia's previously ignored partner took voice, Ley had no choice but to listen, her eyes affixed on the speaker as she struggled to even raise her back. All her rage from having her dignity violated so brutally was clouding her eyes, but eventually she gave up. Of course, she could let loose hell in here and then simply walk away, or rather get thrown out, but she hated the idea that she'd travel all this way to achieve absolutely nothing of her targets. Besides, the so-called Dr. Particle mentioned something that grabbed her attention by surprise.

"Nobody - kill - anybody - else.

Now THAT statement was a bit excessive. ...or was it? Was she really in real danger here? Was it... "normal", albeit rare occurance for students to kill themselves? Or... the teachers? She threw a spiteful glance at her captor and promised to have revenge. Ley would have to inquire what Wave meant by that at later date.

She returned to listening to the woman as her name was mentioned, noticing that Jeeves absolutely failed to positively respond to her request to stand down. She made a mental note to thank him, although not sure why. It was his duty as per her accursed contract to keep her safe. Following or against her will. Nevertheless, expressing some gratitude just seemed... right. As Ley's Ultima was mentioned, she turned her head to glance at it. The energies were still ready to be unleashed, and summon her most beloved pets into this world. She looked back at Dr. Particle and opened her mouth to protest, but she kept silent. What would she say? It was just a precaution? She wasn't going to do anything radical? What next, she'd point a finger at that little girl whom, worth noting, was currently in a bit of a pickle trying to preserve her dignity? She was *this* close from summoning Garrouile into this world, to burn away the mutation that was more than ready to attack her. Should things get dicy, she WOULD unleash her powers indeed. Seeing how the threat was gone however, seemingly, she allowed herself to pull the energies out of her Ultima at the remark. Even if this meant only appeasing the faculty.

Ley wasn't certain whether she should be amused or pity Druantia in her current state, yet her face was stiffly frozen in an expression of a person who seeks nothing but revenge on those who crossed her way. That is, until she realized she managed to push herself off of the ground. Into air. Floating freely, just like Druantia.

Even though her costume was just a tiny bit more sturdy around her waist, it was also unfortunately revealing in places that were not designed to be worn in null gravity. However, out of the two, Ley preferred this position, paying little attention to the issue at hand. She was busy trying to figure out how to put herself in a more or less upright position, while still making effort to pay attention to words being spoken around her. Levitating was easy, you just had to apply constant force to counter natural gravity. Now she had to manouver all sides, trying not to fall into a spinning motion. Just as she thought she had it figured out, she heard the name which already engraved itself with flaming letters in the back of her brain. Ghalan was asked to let them go, and soon after she felt the force... disappear. With no warning whatsoever. To anybody looking, it must have looked comical to witness what happened next. It was like watching a bird suddenly realizing it forgot how to fly while being mid-air. After a lot of arm waving and an unusually, for Ley, higher pitch yelp she managed to land safely. Her wings instantly dissipated as she promised herself not to use them for the next hour at least. To add to all of this, her own hairstyle was a mess.

She scanned the area. Jeeves was still standing still, but she noticed he's been actually using up her energy, unlike his usual visits to this world. He must have been expending it somewhere, but she didn't cut it, trusting there is a reason for him to do so. Her assailant was walking away, and she traced him with her eyes for a moment, trying to figure out if she remembered his face well enough. His disappearance was replaced with an appearance of another visitor, one of Pelajae. Seeing as he was walking using a cane, she figured he'd be one of the teachers as well. After a few seconds, she finally turned her teal eyes at the duo whom she initially met. Dru was already holding a rose while Dr. Particle seemed to be waiting in tension. Ley's expression went blank for a moment, and soon after she hid her face in her palms, sighing heavily. She needed a moment to subdue the rage, get over the entire situation and formulate her thoughts.

Finally, she raised her head and spoke in monotone voice. "Jeeves, leave us." - the only reaction she's gotten was his distrustful stare towards the three strangers he was supposed to leave her with - "Jeeves." - she repeated, pressing her tone. The butler listened this time and presented a shallow bow, before he opened up a portal by himself and left to... wherever it was he was leaving to. Ley felt the energy drain disappear. She then turned towards Dr. Particle. Ley's right hand, adorned with black glove, was resting against the hip as she moved her weight to the right leg. Her first word sounded more like a grunt and irritation could have been heard in her voice. "Now~... since we have all of this out of the way, I wish to address a few things. First and foremost- " - Ley frowned a little - "- do not try to order Jeeves around. It will not work, he will not listen to anybody but me. His deal is simple, he's there to serve and protect me by any means necessary. It's in his..." - she paused, rectifying her words - "...it's an agreement we have. It's complicated. Secondly, I had no intentions of harming her." -  one of the claws of her Ultima pointed at Druantia - "Neither did I mean to challenge her to a duel. She's still just a brat. Yet, a powerful one, it seems." - she glanced at Dru holding her rose - "Power draws power. Whether you want it or not. I've been travelling these corridors for an eternity now and thou can'st blame me for being bored out of my mind. She was the only one here who deserved even a shred of my attention. She should feel honored." - Ley laid her left arm by her side again - "As for welcoming committee, forget it. I didn't come to designed place at designed time at all either. It shouldn't be hard for you to imagine I wouldn't like a grand entrance at the eyes of everyone looking like that. It's not the type of attention I'm after. Next - " - she raised her hand again, showing four fingers as if she was counting issues, her voice was now filled with disdain - " - I demand to know who that man was and what position he's holding, as you can be more than certain my vindictivness will not let him go unscratched. And finally..." - she took a step aside. Removing the glove from her right hand, with a bit of struggle, she extended it to Dru - "I believe Jeeves already ruined the moment, but... Ley. Ley of the Crimson River, fourteenth descendant." - she couldn't help the fact the words sounded haughtily. She has only ever spoken them in this tone and didn't know any other way. Ley smiled with a corner of her mouth - "And keep the rose. While it's alluring in its current state, I wouldn't like it to ruin my natural beauty were it to transform into that abomination again. Especially when I'd be asleep." - there seemed to be a glimmer in her eyes, as if they were filled with dare.

• Brohoof 1

@Duality @Khajiit @reader8363 @dragon4111

Now that she was released from the gravity she let out a yelp and instinctively called upon a seed from her pocket. She dropped down onto a large Rose bud that cushioned her fall from the hard floor below. After she gotten off of the plant and brushed some pollen off of her person, she gave a little snap of her fingers and similarly drew all the moisture and life out of it and banished the husk of it away with the wind. Like with the last time, seeds were left in its place and moved through the air of their own accord into her pocket. It was clear that through this method she could continuously supply herself with more ammunition for plant constructs when the need arose.

It was thanks to being on the ground and not having to think about covering herself that she truly processed her Dean's words. 

16 hours ago, Duality said:

"Nobody - kill - anybody - else.

The Dean must have been kidding about the room with bodies then. The way she spoke those words indicated that it was definitely undesirable to kill others on the campus. For a brief moment, she thought the rules were similar to on her Grandpa's estate. It was discouraged, but if someone had presented themselves as an offence or a traitor to the Don or another high ranking individual in the mob, it was justified to kill someone. It was perhaps good that this Ghalan had stepped in when he did, cause she had made that rose construct deathly poisonous. Dru made a mental note to avoid using lethal force in the future. Paralysis or being knocked on conscious should work instead. Or perhaps a more creative effect. She'd need to work on that.

Miss Druantia, while I appreciate that you took the initiative in standing up for my feelings, threatening people is not a healthy way of doing so. Simply voice a polite verbal objection and often people will correct their mistake immediately.

With regards to The Dean, do not threaten violence on her behalf. She made a mental note on this as well. Rather unorthodox way of running things, but Dru was willing to get behind it. 

1 hour ago, Khajiit said:

Finally, she raised her head and spoke in monotone voice. "Jeeves, leave us." - the only reaction she's gotten was his distrustful stare towards the three strangers he was supposed to leave her with - "Jeeves." - she repeated, pressing her tone. The butler listened this time and presented a shallow bow, before he opened up a portal by himself and left to... wherever it was he was leaving to. Ley felt the energy drain disappear. 

This Jeeves person was rather odd. How he could come in and out of the school via portal to who knows where. That other person with the wings was capable of teleporting as well. She'd have to see if it was within her ability to do so at some point. It would be rather neat to teleport places instead of wasting time riding in a limo surrounded by guards. As for the demoness she was similarly trying to preserve her stature by speaking in a rather monotone voice to Dr. Wave Particle. 

She then turned towards Dr. Particle. Ley's right hand, adorned with black glove, was resting against the hip as she moved her weight to the right leg. Her first word sounded more like a grunt and irritation could have been heard in her voice. "Now~... since we have all of this out of the way, I wish to address a few things. First and foremost- " - Ley frowned a little - "- do not try to order Jeeves around. It will not work, he will not listen to anybody but me. His deal is simple, he's there to serve and protect me by any means necessary. It's in his..." - she paused, rectifying her words - "...it's an agreement we have. It's complicated. Secondly, I had no intentions of harming her." -  one of the claws of her Ultima pointed at Druantia - "Neither did I mean to challenge her to a duel. She's still just a brat. Yet, a powerful one, it seems." - she glanced at Dru holding her rose - "Power draws power. Whether you want it or not. I've been travelling these corridors for an eternity now and thou can'st blame me for being bored out of my mind. She was the only one here who deserved even a shred of my attention. She should feel honored." 

Dru raised an eyebrow at that. Did she sound...hurt? There was definitely the bravado of her own ego overpowering all the other emotions in it, but there definitely was a hint that she was upset that things went the way it did. She was bored, she saw someone who was actually interesting to her, and her greeting was misconstrued as a challenge. It was certainly a possibility that she didn't consider at the moment. Dru could feel a bit of a pang of guilt for wanting to kill her for slighting the doctor. 

"As for welcoming committee, forget it. I didn't come to designed place at designed time at all either. It shouldn't be hard for you to imagine I wouldn't like a grand entrance at the eyes of everyone looking like that. It's not the type of attention I'm after. Next - " - she raised her hand again, showing four fingers as if she was counting issues, her voice was now filled with disdain - " - I demand to know who that man was and what position he's holding, as you can be more than certain my vindictivness will not let him go unscratched. And finally..." - she took a step aside. Removing the glove from her right hand, with a bit of struggle, she extended it to Dru - "I believe Jeeves already ruined the moment, but... Ley. Ley of the Crimson River, fourteenth descendant." - she couldn't help the fact the words sounded haughtily. She has only ever spoken them in this tone and didn't know any other way. Ley smiled with a corner of her mouth - "And keep the rose. While it's alluring in its current state, I wouldn't like it to ruin my natural beauty were it to transform into that abomination again. Especially when I'd be asleep." - there seemed to be a glimmer in her eyes, as if they were filled with dare.

Dru grinned and tried to suppress a laugh at that last part. Her fear of it being able to become a deadly abomination later in the day was certainly warranted. In fact for a second she almost thought the Dean was leaving a subtle hint to assassinate her later, but seeing as the good Doctor was actually against killing that was probably a false reading. Still she smiled up at this Ley of the Crimson River. She also appreciated the bit of hesitation that Ley had toward offering her hand. Ley was still mostly sure she had the upper hand, Dru could read that much, but the deamoness did have some respect for her power. She liked that. 

"I'll admit the thought did cross my mind." she spoke wryly, shaking the deamoness's hand with her much smaller one, "However after our adventures with gravity, my qualms are more with this Ghalan person than you at the moment. He messed with my dress. I am displeased with this." She glared behind her shoulder at the man for a brief second before returning her attention to Ley, "I also think I may have misjudged you. It is a pleasure to meet you, Ley of the Crimson River. I look forward to learning with you." 

There was still a slight atmosphere of challenge in the air, but it was more friendly than before. Like one would have towards a friendly yet competitive game instead of the deadly maniacal one that permeated the halls earlier. Normal individuals would suffer whiplash with how quickly her mood could shift, but such was the norm for Druantia. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

"Heh, no need to fret about things transforming into other things in your dormitories." Duality chuckled, intensely relieved that the formerly menacing atmosphere had given way to an air almost of jocular competition. "I helped Mr. Blackrose imbue the magical suppression runes there, and they're frankly powerful enough to stop a fully-empowered daemon in its tracks, no offence intended to Ms. Ley's honorable personage. No magic is usable in any way whatsoever in the dorms outside of the personal pentagram installed in each dorm room. Before the rooms were upgraded, students used to avoid sleep entirely in fear that they would come to some harm at the whims of another's magic while they rested defenceless, which, as I'm sure you can imagine, had an absolutely horrific impact on their psychological stability and general wellbeing."

"But back to present matters." Duality schooled her face into a professionally neutral expression for the time it took her to finish setting to rights the remains of the near-diplomatic-catastrophe. "Your respective vindictiveness and displeasure with Ghalan may be easily put into action without any knowledge of 'who he is and what position he holds'; simply liase with the university reception using his first name and a description of his magic to schedule a duel with him, if it is indeed your desire to do so. G-H-A-L-A-N, wielder of gravity magic. Ms. Ley, while I apologise once again for your unpleasantly extensive wanders of our labyrinthine halls, it perhaps could have been avoided if you had communicated your privacy concerns to the school so more discreet welcoming arrangements could have been made, or at least drawn the attention of a staff member at the main assembly to bring your presence and location to our knowledge. But what's done is done, and so let us proceed." A hint of a smile flickered at the corner of her lips. "I take it you acquiesce to accompanying Ms. Druantia and I on our tour of the school. We hardly want you to end up lost again somewhere, do we?

"Now, come, come, there are plenty of things to keep you interested around here if you know where to look. How to look, too, mind you, that's probably the more important skill of the two." Duality began strolling down the hallway once again, glancing behind her to match Druantia's child-sized paces with her own so as not to force the young student to run to catch up. "That door goes to the main theoretical-magic classroom block, where yours truly teaches, and that one leads out to the gardens if you follow the corridor right to the end. That there's the Closet, one of my favourite rooms on campus. Nobody really uses it much, on account of it being a bit of a weak patch in spacetime - brooms and mops go missing, new ones appear out of nowhere, all that sort of thing." A lopsided smile crossed her face in rueful reminiscence of bygone paperwork. "Someone even found a 16th-century Stave of Arcane Might in there once, which was a bit of a legal hassle. Students occasionally try to use it as a linchpin for their homebrew reality-distorting spells, but for some reason the Closet's effects appear to go dormant when magic-users or active magic is in its vicinity. There're the toilets over behind the sign for them, and that's the staircase leading to my office - third door on the right, with my name on the door, in case you want to talk to me about anything. If I'm not there, you can press my nameplate to notify me of your presence there. Press it three times if your missive is urgent enough to disturb me from whatever I'm doing at the time - and it had better be urgent if you disturb me from teaching a class or attending a staff meeting -, but otherwise it'll simply glow red or green to indicate whether I'm busy or on my way, respectively."

Duality paused to let her charges take in everything she'd said. "Where to from here: the duelling hall or the library?"

"Heh, no need to fret about things transforming into other things in your dormitories." Duality chuckled, intensely relieved that the formerly menacing atmosphere had given way to an air almost of jocular competition. "I helped Mr. Blackrose imbue the magical suppression runes there, and they're frankly powerful enough to stop a fully-empowered daemon in its tracks, no offence intended to Ms. Ley's honorable personage. No magic is usable in any way whatsoever in the dorms outside of the personal pentagram installed in each dorm room. Before the rooms were upgraded, students used to avoid sleep entirely in fear that they would come to some harm at the whims of another's magic while they rested defenceless, which, as I'm sure you can imagine, had an absolutely horrific impact on their psychological stability and general wellbeing."

Dru wasn't exactly sure how she felt about this. On the one hand she felt relieved in a way. On nights when she had experienced nightmares, her powers ran wild in the estate, sometimes leading to unfortunate deaths and injuries. That was when she was younger, but it was always a present threat. Now that she knew that she could sleep without even the chance of doing the same to the school was a relief. On the other hand, it limited her ability to take out people in a more stealthy fashion. It was not at all a mystery when someone who had insulted her or her father would find themselves poisoned or worse before the day was out. Of course considering the schools restrictions on killing, this probably was a blessing in disguise. 

"But back to present matters." Duality schooled her face into a professionally neutral expression for the time it took her to finish setting to rights the remains of the near-diplomatic-catastrophe. "Your respective vindictiveness and displeasure with Ghalan may be easily put into action without any knowledge of 'who he is and what position he holds'; simply liase with the university reception using his first name and a description of his magic to schedule a duel with him, if it is indeed your desire to do so. G-H-A-L-A-N, wielder of gravity magic.

Dru nodded at the idea subconsciously. her mind was already concocting strategies on how to handle him in a fight and what seeds she would be using to do it. She had never actually fought someone with magic before, so this was going to be an enlightening experience. Especially if the duels were supposed to be non lethal, that gave her freedom to experiment with the duel without fear of dying from it. Or at least not as much fear. 

That's not to say she didn't have combat experience. When there were attacks on the estate, their enemies learned first hand just how terrifying plants could be. It was not at all unheard of for them to surrender after only one or two attacks from her person. 

Ms. Ley, while I apologise once again for your unpleasantly extensive wanders of our labyrinthine halls, it perhaps could have been avoided if you had communicated your privacy concerns to the school so more discreet welcoming arrangements could have been made, or at least drawn the attention of a staff member at the main assembly to bring your presence and location to our knowledge. But what's done is done, and so let us proceed." A hint of a smile flickered at the corner of her lips. "I take it you acquiesce to accompanying Ms. Druantia and I on our tour of the school. We hardly want you to end up lost again somewhere, do we?

Dru was alright with this idea. It would give her time to get to know this Ley individual and perhaps glean how her powers work. Any new exposure to magic would be good for her to know where her rankings were in this school. Just because she had been powerful where she came from didn't mean there wasn't someone with a counter powerset that could take her down. 

"Now, come, come, there are plenty of things to keep you interested around here if you know where to look. How to look, too, mind you, that's probably the more important skill of the two." Duality began strolling down the hallway once again, glancing behind her to match Druantia's child-sized paces with her own so as not to force the young student to run to catch up. "That door goes to the main theoretical-magic classroom block, where yours truly teaches, and that one leads out to the gardens if you follow the corridor right to the end. That there's the Closet, one of my favourite rooms on campus. Nobody really uses it much, on account of it being a bit of a weak patch in spacetime - brooms and mops go missing, new ones appear out of nowhere, all that sort of thing." A lopsided smile crossed her face in rueful reminiscence of bygone paperwork. "Someone even found a 16th-century Stave of Arcane Might in there once, which was a bit of a legal hassle. Students occasionally try to use it as a linchpin for their homebrew reality-distorting spells, but for some reason the Closet's effects appear to go dormant when magic-users or active magic is in its vicinity. There're the toilets over behind the sign for them, and that's the staircase leading to my office - third door on the right, with my name on the door, in case you want to talk to me about anything. If I'm not there, you can press my nameplate to notify me of your presence there. Press it three times if your missive is urgent enough to disturb me from whatever I'm doing at the time - and it had better be urgent if you disturb me from teaching a class or attending a staff meeting -, but otherwise it'll simply glow red or green to indicate whether I'm busy or on my way, respectively."

Duality paused to let her charges take in everything she'd said. "Where to from here: the duelling hall or the library?"

Dru laced her fingers and pushed them forward, giving little cracking noises with her knuckles as she gave a devilish yet somewhat playful grin. It wasn't nearly as menacing as what she was giving earlier, rather it was more akin to someone itching for a good challenge. 

@dragon4111

"I would like to challenge this Ghalan to a duel as soon as possible. He messed with my clothes and my dignity earlier, and while it did stop us from fighting, I am still displeased enough that I would like to give him a piece of my mind. I would also like you to watch my fight Dr Wave Particle. I... I don't know how to cast real spells, but I do know how to manipulate plants. I would like to see what you could glean from the fight and perhaps help point me to how I can improve my abilities." 

• Brohoof 1

As the fight progressed, Rouen was seeing just how far she had come. Ira used her own bow to attack with as a melee which was a good move till he just used his arm to block the hit. It stung some as he felt it just go through his arm tingling some "Hmph nice try." she was trying to catch him off guard by a kick as it came up he raised his leg up blocking it before he took to the offensive and delivered a hard fist to her. Even if she blocked it he was gonna try to keep her unbalanced "Come on now how you going to take over for me when I get older if you are unable to keep up with me. Maybe I should choose another." he teased at her remembering how she always came back day after day to spar, to learn, never wanting to be treated special. He almost broke a few of her bones before with Submissions from his days in the underground fight rings. Always telling her that it isnt always about power or speed but a balance between the two. Learning to adapt to the fight as the first few attacks usually showed you their fighting style and you can work with that.

If they were fast but weak become defensive to wear them down. If they were powerful and slow, go fast but make sure your attacks hit their vitals or pressure points. As they went on with the fight it seemed to go from sparring to an all out Brawl as she unleashed her attacks upon his left side trying to take out some of his force in his attacks. He was pretty fast and agile for being so big as he seemed mostly focused on her then anything around them In his mind he was remembering how back in the days how she usually got more frustrated in a fight. Reminded him of himself a bit with being frustrated but, with a little work became an unstoppable force. Well him more so  then her as she still had a few rough edges. The day she could take him out was the day she would really become unstoppable and he was ready to show her. As his fist flew at her she was preparing to parry the attack he began to shift his feet and maneuvered his fist to strike a new location, sending her back. As she dropped to a knee before getting back up he could hear her gasp...now holding her hand over the spot he hit. Target acquired now as she came for him again.

The Moment he went to attack he felt someone grab his neck scruff before another hand shot out and grabbed a-hold of Ira's neck scruff from behind as well. The hands belonged to Lilith as she heard the commotion earlier and knew it had to be these two causing issues...trying to show off to the student body. When all in reality it was holding them up "WHAT DO YOU TWO THINK YOU ARE DOING?! YOU ARE TO BE AT YOUR CLASSROOMS IN CASE STUDENTS SHOWED UP FOR QUESTIONS!" Her ears were back on her head as she held an almost iron like grip on both of the fighters, she looked at the ice dome around them before she moved her tail as a cold chill went through the air "And this dome YOU BOTH KNOW  That the arena is the spot for spars." she took in a deep breath before blowing out as a wave of ice flew across the ground freezing the plants before shattering the dome sending ice everywhere "Now you two are going to be Helping Ghalan clean the bathrooms for a week." Lilith was more upset about the fact now students were just gawking wasting time watching this spectacle  instead of getting settled into their dorms, finding classrooms, interacting with each other.

She began to walk dragging them with her "I dont want to hear another fight from either one of you or I swear I'll make you both just kiss and get it over with. We all know you two want to be a pair just shut up and kiss or MOVE ON." she said still dragging them behind her

IRA

@Arid_Blitz

Ira was rushing forward with her arms prepared, thinking about Rouen's words. She never took him seriously so far when he, at times, mentioned she might ever replace him. First of all, she would need to be able to face him as an equal. Furthermore, it was a bit abstract idea for her. When she remembered a few years back when she came to the University, she wasn't really overly fit. She was just so-so. Sure, her practice with bow gave her an edge in a few fields, but it was spars, trainings and sometimes straightforward beat ups with Rouen that hardened her. Nevertheless, she was uncertain if physical prowess was her field of expertise at the end of the day.

Just as she landed a blow, which was blocked with ease, she witnessed a grey, furred arm reach behind Rouen and grab him by the scruff. At the same time, she felt a grip tighten at the back of her neck. Her body and muscles reacted instinctively, as one of her arms was already moving towards the unknown assailant. It was ridiculous, she set up the barrier, she would have felt if somebody was to slip by. Yet none of the senses were telling her anything with the barrier was amiss. Additionally, none of the senses, especially her sense of hearing, were prepered for what followed.

On 7.05.2018 at 7:45 AM, Arid_Blitz said:

"WHAT DO YOU TWO THINK YOU ARE DOING?!"

If this voice had force behind it, Ira would be finding herself splattered against the wall already. Instead, only all of her thoughts got blown out through her ear and she heard ringing in her head.

YOU ARE TO BE AT YOUR CLASSROOMS IN CASE STUDENTS SHOWED UP FOR QUESTIONS!"

Lilith Plowse. Of course. Now, it will suffice to say that while Rouen was pretty easy-going with Ira's 'pranks', Lilith had considerably less patience in this field. Back when Ira was still learning, she had a few chances of playing with Lilith. While Ira didn't study directly under her, she substituted her regular teacher a few times. And well... the substitutions usually finished with Ira being directed to school janitor to help him out. But IT. WAS. WORTH IT.

"Crap..." - a random thought swam up above all the others in Ira's head, she was not a student anymore after all. Lilith was one of rare magic wielders who were able to pass through Ira's spells and defenses undetected, considering she was using similar elements to Ira. The redhead was silently hoping the whole little situation would go unnoticed, but there was no helping it now. The spar was taking longer than expected anyway.

"And this dome YOU BOTH KNOW  That the arena is the spot for spars."

"Now hang on a second!" - were the words Ira WANTED to say, but didn't manage to as she observed a ring of ice spread around them. The moment it touched her dome, it cracked and, from lack of better word, exploded outwards. It was known to Ira that Lilith had her moments, and it supposedly seemed like one of them. Focusing her thoughts, and trying really hard not to chuckle after hearing they'd be assisting Ghalan... AGAIN, Ira made sure that each icy shard flying high above them dissipated into harmless dust. The well being of studends came first after all. As for Ghalan... she couldn't count how many times she's heard that sentence before. Mainly during her student times, this brought back old memories. She wondered how many times did Lilith wonder why exactly was she keeping an insubordinate like her around. But even though she was mischevious to no limit, she also performed her duties well... ...most of the time.

Ira felt a pull on her neck as Lilith began dragging them away. While this might have looked fine between the two, she couldn't help but wonder how ridiculous Rouen had to look considering the height difference. It was a marvel that Lilith was even able to reach his head. Ah, right... Rouen. Guilt arrived suddenly, knowing that he AGAIN got pulled into one of her games.

"I dont want to hear another fight from either one of you or I swear I'll make you both just kiss and get it over with. We all know you two want to be a pair just shut up and kiss or MOVE ON."

Ira was just about to subconsciously consent when the gears of her mind triggered and started working together again, processing the words until they spit out its meaning to her brain. A deep furrow appeared on her forehead as she frowned her eyebrows in utter and complete confusion. "We do?" - she asked herself aloud, speaking to nobody in particular, staring pointlessly at the wall far away. Still being dragged around, she turned her head at Rouen and repeated the question, as if expecting him to answer, however it was purely rhetorical. "We do?" - her expression seemed even more lost than previously. "Now wait, hang on!" - spurting these words, Ira wrenched forward, freeing herself of Lilith's grip. The redhead turned around and only then noticed that grey wolf's ears were laying flat on the head. "Not good." - "Lilian, I fear your schemes may not come to fruition. There's no way in the world I would be able to lay my lips on Rouen's." - she blinked charmingly - "I mean, it's nothing personal but it's the whiskers you see." - she leaned forward, covering her mouth with her hand as if this was a highest class conspiracy - "They tickle." - Ira threw a cheerful smile at the headmistress. "Now, I wouldn't be worried too much about the students if I were you. This... 'event'! Took place on way from the auditorium to my classroom, you see. My students are all out there as the barrier was blocking their way to my class! See? Thought of everything! ...I mean, itwasalsoblockingtheentrytootherteacher'sclassromsbutthat'sbesidesthepoint..." - the last few words were thrown forward in an avalanche, at lightning speed and in muffled voice. She saw a frown formulate on Lilith's face and smiled innocently, letting out a nervous giggle. She suddenly realized that getting caught unprepared and red handed was not really leaving much way for diplomacy. "Uh... right..." - she suddenly turned to Rouen and threw a scornful and embarrassed face at him - "Rouen, I am discontented, have you heard our darling Lily?" - never in her life had Ira pronounced Lilith's name correctly, and she was not going to do so at all. Her voice was now full of faked indignation and disappointment - "How could you just openly beat me up like that? What is it now, twenty-four to zero? What have you for your defense?" - there was an indescribeable joy drawing in her eyes as Ira was surpressing a smile.

LEY

@Duality@Buck Testa

The sudden change in Dru's behaviour somehow caught Ley off-guard. Having her hand shaken, she looked at the once again little girl in front of her with a bit of unease. She always found it awkward to form any sort of acquaintances, as it involved extensive social interactions, which she had never required in her life. Nevertheless, that kid was actually looking forward to studying with Ley? Her thoughts stopped for a moment. Would she be graded or something? Somebody would actually dare to evaluate her? Utter nonsense. That aside, the daemoness wasn't really certain she wanted to cherish the relationship in any way. Nevertheless, it seemed that Druantia had her eyes set on Ghalan currently.

Ghalan. Ley tasted the word, the name. She was angry at him, of course, but vengance wasn't at the top of her to-do list. Furthermore, at her current state she wouldn't be able to defeat him probably. At least, not without suffering substantial damage herself. Only a fool goes into a fight unprepared.

As things settled down and Miss Particle began her speech, Ley decided she'll just consent and listen to her words. She had already said what was on her mind and did not have any further questions, therefore it was time to gather information. There were a few things that caught her attention. The remark about stopping a fully empowered Daemon (no offense taken was relayed by a simple nod), the details, or rather lack of thereof, regarding Ghalan, causing Ley a little bit of displease at the response she received. The issues with her arrival... her face frowned at the mention of the situation at hand. She remembered clearly, as a last request before her leave, to get servants to inform the University she would be arriving a bit earlier and in much less... royal, manner. They must have failed, and that required appropriate punishment. She could return home anytime and unleash her wrath upon them, but not yet. Not now. Once she'd get more powerful, she'd show them where's their place and that the times have changed. Traditions are there to be brought down, the era of magic had come and her heritage would NOT stop her from reaching for what's rightfully hers. They would either accept her as their landlord once she returned, or perish. Well... maybe not perish, but that was a minor detail on which Ley still worked on.

The mysterious closet was also an interesting case. She wondered if it was the same from before? That aside... "16th-century Stave of Arcane Might?" - she pondered. Her father had misplaced one of those at one point from the treasury... right? Right? Ley forced her braincells to work harder. "Might... that doesn't compute. Was it one of ours? ...I think..." - a sudden realization came down on her as her face brightened - "No! It was a Stave of Accursed Blight! Curses. It would be nice to get to know what happened with it finally... and probably would do for a nice come-back gift. Oh well..." - yet, she made a mental note to search through the closet one day. Who knew what other mysterious relics could it hold?

They have eventually came to a short stop when the dean gave them choice as for where to go afterwards.

On 6.05.2018 at 4:44 AM, Buck Testa said:

"I would like to challenge this Ghalan to a duel as soon as possible. He messed with my clothes and my dignity earlier, and while it did stop us from fighting, I am still displeased enough that I would like to give him a piece of my mind. I would also like you to watch my fight Dr Wave Particle. I... I don't know how to cast real spells, but I do know how to manipulate plants. I would like to see what you could glean from the fight and perhaps help point me to how I can improve my abilities."

This was an interesting piece of information. Ley observed the girl with a calm, albeit a bit curious stare for a moment. Inability to cast spells with this level of power... It was disturbing. Wasn't plant manipulation she mentioned a spell in itself? Could she become more powerful than her lineage? Her ancestry? Should she be considered a potential ally or an enemy to be eliminated as soon as possible? However... was there any point? If their families heard anything about the other, it'd be only rumours. There was no real conflict betweem them, why create one now? So far, they weren't openly hostile to each other, but it seemed that Ley had to retain at least a small dosage of care around this girl. Eventually, she blinked and raised her eyes at Particle again. "Miss Particle, Lady Druantia, while I shan't contain my weakness to witnessing and thoroughly enjoying combat, I have a different agenda to pursue in this University myself. I'd be much obliged if you could show me the way to the athenauem, where we might have to part ways. As I understand, the classes are not starting today yet, are they? You see..." - she spinned freely, allowing her clothes to flutter around. They were lacking its previous shine and seemed rather dull in comparison to her previous state. "...that Ghalan man shattered my enchantments into dust. It's my fault, they were old and... outdated. I haven't had a chance to refresh them in a long time, and it takes hours to do so. I need a few books on enchanting and gravity magic." - she stressed the latter part of the sentence - "And a few different topics. That being said..." - Ley tilted her head throwing an inquisitive stare at her listener - "...you've mentioned the enchantments around the dormitories could stop a fully empowered Daemon. Can you affirm your words? Have you perchance confronted full power of the strongest denizens of Daemonic realms? What knowledge have you about their strength? ...or was it only a saying?" - her attitude change visibly. Ley was no longer permanently bored and uninterested. Instead, she focused her full attention on the dean, and was not even trying to hide it. The topic was close to her heart. Even closer than they could have probably imagined. The mention of Daemons brought about one more thought to her mind, which laid in the corners of her mind to be thrown out when time comes. "And why did you extend a special invitation only after we applied ourselves already?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 5/6/2018 at 2:44 PM, Buck Testa said:

Duality's smile quirked upwards on one side of her mouth as she studied Druantia. "How about this: You fill out this duel application form here," - she pulled a slightly wrinkled sheet of debossed paper from a pocket of her trousers and began unfolding it - "and I can send it in right away for you to the reception. I have a friend behind the desk who might be able to fast-track it for you if you're really keen on getting a duel as soon as possible, maybe even schedule you in today since you're applying so early for one. I'll probably be one of the staff overseeing the event, too, so I can certainly take notes regarding your duelling technique if you'd like my opinion thereon." She flattened the sheet of paper, passed it to Druantia along with a blue pen, and turned to Ley.

On 5/9/2018 at 8:57 AM, Khajiit said:

Eventually, she blinked and raised her eyes at Particle again. "Miss Particle, Lady Druantia, while I shan't contain my weakness to witnessing and thoroughly enjoying combat, I have a different agenda to pursue in this University myself. I'd be much obliged if you could show me the way to the athenauem, where we might have to part ways. As I understand, the classes are not starting today yet, are they? You see..." - she spinned freely, allowing her clothes to flutter around. They were lacking its previous shine and seemed rather dull in comparison to her previous state. "...that Ghalan man shattered my enchantments into dust. It's my fault, they were old and... outdated. I haven't had a chance to refresh them in a long time, and it takes hours to do so. I need a few books on enchanting and gravity magic." - she stressed the latter part of the sentence - "And a few different topics. That being said..." - Ley tilted her head throwing an inquisitive stare at her listener - "...you've mentioned the enchantments around the dormitories could stop a fully empowered Daemon. Can you affirm your words? Have you perchance confronted full power of the strongest denizens of Daemonic realms? What knowledge have you about their strength? ...or was it only a saying?" - her attitude change visibly. Ley was no longer permanently bored and uninterested. Instead, she focused her full attention on the dean, and was not even trying to hide it. The topic was close to her heart. Even closer than they could have probably imagined. The mention of Daemons brought about one more thought to her mind, which laid in the corners of her mind to be thrown out when time comes. "And why did you extend a special invitation only after we applied ourselves already?"

"It's quite complicated, and I myself don't understand the half of the diplomatic wrangling involved," Duality said after a moment of consideration, "but you're the only person on the planet who can claim any direct affiliation whatsoever with the daemons. We only found this out after you applied - your family is quite private, as I'm sure you know -, but as soon as we realised it the PR and legal departments both turned into utter madhouses. The political ramifications of not only 'discovering' but knowingly providing magical training to someone with sympathetic links straight to the denizens of an alternate plane of existence, locked away for posing multiple risks to Earth's safety - do pardon me for speaking so frankly, but that's how the history books read -, are understandably quite formidable. As for my allusion to daemons' magical strength, that was based on first-hand accounts of the Inferno Incident, which is entirely censored - sans its title - as security-sensitive information. I can't say much more than that, but I can assure you the dorm blocks' nullification enchantments are designed to be sufficient to guard against even the combined assaults of several daemons, if indeed such an eventuality ever came to be."

"Now, about your immediate destinations." Duality adjusted her stance slightly to accommodate both of the students in the conversation, taking a second to ease into her characteristic twinkling-eyed demeanour from the serious visage that she tended to lapse into when discussing such weighty topics. "Miss Druantia, although you don't have to wait in the duelling hall or any such thing while I get your application processed, it's entirely understandable that you'd want to take a proper tour around your soon-to-be combat grounds before you go jumping into a pentagram with Ghalan. However, the school library and enchanting as a general subject are for all intents and purposes my adopted children, and I'd like to chat with Ms Ley in a more casual setting about a few miscellaneous matters to ease the process of her settling into the school. That means that I'll be sending you over to the duelling hall with someone else, so no scary plant-voodoo, you hear? Not all the teachers around here have nerves as strong as my fair self's, and not all the botany around here will take kindly to being magicked without permission - not that they'd have much choice in the matter, I suspect."

Duality's perpetual half-smile grew into a fully-fledged grin at the sight of a figure approaching down the hall. "Speaking of teachers with strong nerves to spare - Dr. Fenris! Are you currently encumbered by the drudgery of your interminable employment, or are you exclusively encumberable by yours truly at this present juncture? I have here a lovely young lady by the name of Druantia who would like a tour around the duelling hall with someone to give her the rundown on all the rules and guidelines and horrors of bureaucracy that pertain to the whole controlled-combat affair. I'm headed to the library right now, so once she's seen and heard her fill you can just drop her off there."

Edited by Duality
  • Brohoof 1

Kat after having made her way back to her dorm was in the process of study but gave up on one thing she yet despite all her seeming skill had yet to master and that was having a go at messing with metal in any way since it was an extension of Earth magic, however the poor cat simply didn't have the knack for moving it yet which annoyed her beyond belief. She put on a coat and headed back outside to get something to eat heading towards the school's cafeteria for something to chew on, and to hopefully clear her mind of the mental block the metal always seemed to cause her.

She looked around as she was walking outside, she always enjoyed what the school looked like the older buildings, mixed in with the more modern architecture, it was to her just a joy to walk through no matter what time of year it was.

(I'm leaving my post open for people to steal me :P) 

@Khajiit

As Rouen was being led away by the scruff his ears went back, becoming tense as Lilith wouldnt let go. She was screaming about what they were doing, holding up the students. Even telling them that a punishment was in store with helping Ghalan clean. He planted his feet on the ground making Lilith stop "Now just wait a minute, I was the one that started it this time. The dome was just so no one would be hurt, I sorta went a bit overboard." he chuckled some before hearing about kissing Ira and her response of his tickling whiskers "Oh come on, first of all I wouldnt date someone I can literally beat with one arm. Two I have no interest in her outside training, and three to you Ira I never got any complaints about my whiskers yet so ha."

LIlith rolled her eyes as Rouen rattled on before letting go of his neck, Ira already got out of her hold and was trying to talk her way out of punishment "Well first of all if he is too tall for you, I can buy you a step stool. Second the whiskers tickle in all the right ways, and third at least then after a fight he can lick your wounds with that sand papery tongue." she grinned a bit as she heard Rouen say it was his own fault, It;s the first day of school they should be getting used to the facilities not gawking at wanna be lovers fight for dominance." she grinned a bit thinking of the punishments now
Her ears began to go up, she heard Ira speak of being beaten up and now it's 24 and 0...she began to have an idea of a better punishment for her "Rouen, two weeks of janitor work after classes. Ira you are going to train with me for two weeks." she titled her head some closing her eyes as a smile formed on her maw "I'll even train your magic, your ice dome is one thing however there are things I believe YOU forget about magic. So after classes are over starting tomorrow you will train under me."

Hearing his was now two weeks he groaned before grumbling hearing Lilith tease about the tongue and step stool. "Well if that is all I'm going to my class area, otherwise I may have to toss you fifty meters to get you to shut up Lilith." he soon felt a sharp pain in the back of his right leg as Lilith kicked him with her heel "OW Fine just kidding..." he began to limp off picking his coat up along the way

Opening her eyes she looked at Ira now running her tongue along her lips "I havent had an underling in over 4 years, I hope I'm not too rusty for you." she looked around some "All of you get going." as she started to walk she stopped by Ira "When I'm done with you, maybe you can hold a candle to Rouen and bring him close to defeat." Lilith began to walk more "Now then, where is that one new student?"

• Brohoof 1

Ghalan was now back at doing his job as he saw the three ladies. He then saw Lilith walking towards him with Rouen and Ira in tow....Uh oh Did she hear about that crack he said?  But he looked at Lilith with a hidden look of longing but heart break hidden by a sly smirk on his face. "So what I'm not good enough for you Lilith?" Ghalan asked playfully at his boss with a  cocky smirk on his face. Ghalan  rubbed his neck slightly as they walked towards him though he saw a woman walking around. HE hummed slightly as he tried to remember as she the horse lady? He shrugged slightly as he then looked back at Lilith "So what the hell happened between Ira and Rouen?" he asked with a raised eyebrow at the three people approaching him. Was it that fight they had?

• Brohoof 1