Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

23 minutes ago, Twilight Luna said:

Same here. Hopefully I'll get some writing done this weekend. :mlp_grin:

Oh, good luck.  I hope it goes well for you.

Meanwhile I need to figure out how, and when/where between leaving work and waking up this morning, I managed to break (or severely sprain) my big toe.

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Meanwhile I need a KVM switch.

You guys know what I'm talking about, right...?

Yes, I used one when I was doing mobile GIS work.  Had 4 computers rigged through one so I could toggle back and forth.

1 minute ago, Longhaul said:

Yes, I used one when I was doing mobile GIS work.  Had 4 computers rigged through one so I could toggle back and forth.

Good, because I need one of those now... (Switching between my main computer and my laptop, which sounds overkill until you realise there's non-transferable industry-level software on my laptop and custom keyboard layout and I always need a separate mouse for my laptop.)

So after listening to Ever Eternity 500 billion times and nearly tearing up at how accidentally emotional the official music video is, this sprang up:

20190127_002617.thumb.jpg.c485588f3b3ef9f9e4357195b25f8a47.jpg

The original idea was a kirin-changeling companionship. Then it turned into Illbug's current state fantasizing about how she'd be like if she were free of any ailments, then I got Trixiebug involved, and then came the backstory.

Trixiebug wants to stay a changeling for however long it takes for...

Crap, it's called palliative care, isn't it? I can't believe I fell asleep in death class... yeah I took a death class and fell asleep through part of it.

I'm also caffeine up.

8 hours ago, Longhaul said:

Oh, good luck.  I hope it goes well for you.

Meanwhile I need to figure out how, and when/where between leaving work and waking up this morning, I managed to break (or severely sprain) my big toe.

Presumably kicked something between getting out of bed and having enough coffee your perception of pain starts working?

6 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Meanwhile I need a KVM switch.

You guys know what I'm talking about, right...?

Got a bunch in a box, but they are all old svga/ps2 ones. I really should look into one that can do hdmi and usb....

I mostly cheat though. VNC (or native xwindows) to "pull" the remote pc's display to the local machine (native xwin is awesome for that - you can have the remote apps running on your desktop along with the local apps)

2 hours ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Crap, it's called palliative care, isn't it? I can't believe I fell asleep in death class... yeah I took a death class and fell asleep through part of it.

I'm also caffeine up.

Would mean Trixiebug was a better friend than GlimGlam though; oh, the irony...

Think about what sequence of events would lead to this (plus any diversions along the way):

• Trixie gets into a fight with Glimmy and it annoys Glimmy so much that she turns Trixie into a changeling
    • Silverstream goes all like "pONieS cAN tuRn iNto ChANgeLinGs?!" if she were to see that
      • Silverstream then discovers laminated paper and shakes it nonstop
    • Thorax finds it a bit silly to see Trixiebug
      • Glimmy's reasoning is "Trixie was bugging me"
  • Trixiebug finds Illbug
    • Illbug explains how she's always been sick or something
      • Illbug doesn't want anyone to know what's happening
    • Trixie sympathises with Illbug and tries to make her well again
      • Illbug also thinks Trixiebug is an actual changeling
  • Trixiebug explains to Glimmy that she wants to stay a changeling but can't explain
  • Fast-forward to how everyone else finds out; Trixie's forced back into a pony, Illbug loses trust in Trixie, Thorax is blaming himself for something beyond his control, Glimmy's distrusting herself again, and Illbug's condition is terminal
    • I want to integrate the quote "You can't blame yourself for something beyond your control"
    • sILveRStReAM, sTOp SHAkiNg tHE LaMiNAtED pAPeR!!!!!11!!1!onefactorial
    • Presumably, how Trixiebug was forced back into a pony was the same sequence of events that got her into being a changeling
  • The original kirin-changeling version I had was that the changeling would transform into a kirin; something something the changeling finds comfort being with the kirin
    • Now I'm back to Kirincellus
      • Gallus can't remember what a kirin is so he keeps calling Kirincellus a carrot and Kirincellus isn't amused
    • I've not written a story like this in six-ever and I still dread having to write anything out, especially storytelling
      • Actually, I've never successfully written a story at all; if I have to tell a story, I'd rather reject all standard storytelling conventions first
        • Options I've contemplated include a wordless story (basically a comic strip but without words) and a dialogue-only story (which I've found to be extremely difficult unless you write it like a play)

Good morning everyone! I am about to hop on the treadmill, gotta keep my exercise routine going.

How is everyone doing?

4 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Twi REALLY needs to have a word with Glimglam about her repeated inappropriate use of magic. She is never going to earn wings at this rate....

Why do people refer to her as "Glimglam"? I always felt like this was meant to be a demeaning nickname for the character.

10 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Why do people refer to her as "Glimglam"? I always felt like this was meant to be a demeaning nickname for the character.

Could have been meant that way originally - she wasn't a popular character early in her reformation sequence - but I think it suits her; she isn't as geeky as most of the powerfully magic unicorns, and in fact would fit in well with the rest of the "fashion set" Rarity has achieved entrance to, which isn't really true of the rest of the mane 6 (Fluttershy aside of course, as she doesn't want to)
Everything she does, she does with /style/

I guess I'm in the minority who is not horribly offended that Starlight uses magic all the time. It IS her talent after all.

I go with Glimmy because the -y/-ie prefix; for example:

• Rainbow Dash -> Dashie
  • Pinkie Pie -> No modification, but think Pinkamena as the starting point
  • Ganaram -> Ganny/Gannie (I go by both)
  • Gem/Gemina -> Gemmy
  • Trixie -> what's our starting point?
  • Sandbar, Silverstream, Ocellus -> Sandy, Silvy, Celly
  • Boulder -> Bouldest (-er to -est rule applied instead)

1 hour ago, Key Sharkz said:

I guess I'm in the minority who is not horribly offended that Starlight uses magic all the time. It IS her talent after all.

I am not offended by her use of magic - using magic is the characteristic of unicorns, and she is VERY good at it - but her choice of how and when she applies it.  Time and time again we are seeing her resort to using magic inappropriately (you could probably make a case for Royal Problem, but even then it was her nightmare, and Celestia's empathy for her situation - and realization of just how hard Luna needs to work sometimes - that saved the day, with the magic spell she used that was the setup for that situation)

I am a fan of GlimGlam - she is one of my favourite ponies - but as Twi clearly sees in making her school councillor, she has a lot more to offer than just being a spellhorse, and her greatest success (the ascension of the Changelings to their current glitterbug form) was accomplished with no magic at all. If she and Twi do ever take over for Celestia and Luna, she will make an excellent Luna.

8 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

Presumably kicked something between getting out of bed and having enough coffee your perception of pain starts working?

I've narrowed it down to two options:

1. Gout flare-up, mainly due to the rapidly changing weather.  Most likely since I'd been having pain all week long in varying degrees.
  2. I stepped wrong at work and only started feeling it after I rested the foot enough.

Either way, I'm doing what I can to minimize the pain so I can function tomorrow at work.  Lucky thing I'm office-bound, as stepping on the accelerator with this foot would be hell.

4 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

I've narrowed it down to two options:

1. Gout flare-up, mainly due to the rapidly changing weather.  Most likely since I'd been having pain all week long in varying degrees.
  2. I stepped wrong at work and only started feeling it after I rested the foot enough.

Either way, I'm doing what I can to minimize the pain so I can function tomorrow at work.  Lucky thing I'm office-bound, as stepping on the accelerator with this foot would be hell.

Still, sorry to hear you are in pain. Can't think of anything I could do to help though.
*passes the grey pone a coffee*