Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The WPCC Lounge

PinkieShadow

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

No you don't. (Maybe.)

I tried to come up with the most mlp name I could think of in 4 seconds. Maybe " Princess Sunshine Glimmerspark" is better

Exciting stuff happening: I am going to book my hotel and flight to get to BronyCon tomorrow!

28 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Still, sorry to hear you are in pain. Can't think of anything I could do to help though.
*passes the grey pone a coffee*

If it's gout, it usually passes in a couple of days, or once the weather improves.  I'll be okay either way.

*sips coffee* Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Exciting stuff happening: I am going to book my hotel and flight to get to BronyCon tomorrow!

I legit had a roommate who worked for Bronycon; if you ever see a Kyle G, tell him Gannie says hi.

15 minutes ago, Olly said:

I tried to come up with the most mlp name I could think of in 4 seconds. Maybe " Princess Sunshine Glimmerspark" is better

I can do one better:

Spoiler

Trixie. (Cue angry mob)

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Meanwhile, my ship crew...

capture_crew_pls.PNG.f497136db801d57eb02ecc49a077defc.PNG

I also wanna tell Haven I'm 1.1 million experience away from getting the farming skillcape.

i never did get any skillcapes from Runescape. maybe I should start playing again...

2 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Meanwhile, my ship crew...

Silly Olly! Trix are for kids!

I also wanna tell Haven I'm 1.1 million experience away from getting the farming skillcape.

They're never online so you'll probably have to wait awhile to tell them

2 minutes ago, Olly said:

Silly Olly! Trix are for kids!

They're never online so you'll probably have to wait awhile to tell them

1. Just imagine Trixie eating Trixie cereal

B. aLSo tELl hAVeN tHAt BaTHroOms EXiSt fOR A rEASoN

4 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

i never did get any skillcapes from Runescape. maybe I should start playing again...

You're (were) a Runescaper?! (I also got a prayer cape like back in last last DXPW...)

capture_i_am_the_prayest.thumb.PNG.52e592a4f3b61af49908d052a60f9fe2.PNGcapture_prayer_cape.PNG.c003eb23ef22df610d743efb4f12d9f6.PNG

"I am the prayest!!"

You're (were) a Runescaper?! (I also got a prayer cape like back in last last DXPW...)

"I am the prayest!!"

LOT of years ago now. They had not long introduced the summoning thing, and I took a hiatus - came back to find they had completely changed the combat system, and I would have to relearn it, then came back AGAIN to find I couldn't remember enough to play. Still have an account though.

I had just got 80 mining, and this was before you could make your own dragon stuff, it was from drops only.

12 minutes ago, Olly said:

That guy's got a rainbow halo. I dig his style 

I can't say that they inadvertently caused a controversy over that and all the other rainbow-related doodads because everyone's prototype for colours (and inevitably rainbows) are different and inconsistent; if it's got cyan and magenta, it's no longer a rainbow, but a wheel of hues; also, people forget that cyan is a legitimate colour so they think it's fine to exclude it from rainbows.

This is also part of the reason why I'll always reject RYB from art; it has no basis in physics or computer tech.

This is also what I say to my roommates all the time: colour names are arbitrary, or rather, whatever we're able to find.

Umm, what am I talking about?

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

6 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Umm, what am I talking about?

I have no idea - rainbows are technically spectra, so any colour that is a pure sinusoid at a single frequency is fine in a rainbow; cyan is right there, at 500nm, so why not?

20 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I can't say that they inadvertently caused a controversy over that and all the other rainbow-related doodads because everyone's prototype for colours (and inevitably rainbows) are different and inconsistent; if it's got cyan and magenta, it's no longer a rainbow, but a wheel of hues; also, people forget that cyan is a legitimate colour so they think it's fine to exclude it from rainbows.

This is also part of the reason why I'll always reject RYB from art; it has no basis in physics or computer tech.

This is also what I say to my roommates all the time: colour names are arbitrary, or rather, whatever we're able to find.

And then your roommates are like, "hey man I just wanted to know where I left my keys" 

12 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I have no idea - rainbows are technically spectra, so any colour that is a pure sinusoid at a single frequency is fine in a rainbow; cyan is right there, at 500nm, so why not?

It gets worse: magenta doesn't exist; it's just some sort of biological trickery meant to fool us into thinking there's supposed to be a colour between the lowest wavelength colour and the highest wavelength colour; it also means that, depending on your definition of pink, pink (physically) doesn't exist, either.

Can I show you this...?

wheel_of_hues_me.png.290958055705e2b8f138deecb8111f34.png

I've actually updated my colour prototypes so that it's red-orange-gold-yellow-lime-grass-mint-cyan-blue-indigo-violet-purple-magenta-rose, but I've given a blank version of this to many other people and got not only different colour names but also different numbers of colours; the most I've seen was 17 colours in French; the least I've seen (and colourblindness was a factor with this one) was I think 5 colours...?

Just now, Olly said:

And then your roommates are like, "hey man I just wanted to know where I left my keys" 

My roommates and I also argued over what the colour at the bottom of the colour wheel was: was it cyan, turquoise, or teal? Then we looked it up and all three colour names mapped to the same colour: cyan.

I played Runescape for a good ten years. I think I had like... 4-5 skillcapes?

7 minutes ago, Olly said:

but isn't khaki just shades of green? :)

5 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

It gets worse: magenta doesn't exist; it's just some sort of biological trickery meant to fool us into thinking there's supposed to be a colour between the lowest wavelength colour and the highest wavelength colour

Well yeah; magenta doesn't belong in a rainbow, because it is a composite.  That doesn't make it a biological trick, because humans see in RGB (although filtered though our brains, so that we never see what we think we see)

RGB is an additive colourspace though; in subtractive  colourspaces (used for printing) magenta is not-green, yellow is not-blue and cyan is not-red (so are pure enough in that colourspace). Pink is a dirty colour whichever colour space you work in though, as it has a strong red component, a moderate blue and a relatively muted green.

10 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Took me 10 years of on and off gameplay to get the prayer cape, and it was a snap decision; I just wanted to be able to use soul split.

I also freaked out when my brother got a Skilling pet for one of the combat skills. I lucked out getting the farming and summoning Skilling pets...

2 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

but isn't khaki just shades of green? :)

I thought it was a like a beige 

15 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

What do you do in that game

14 minutes ago, Olly said:

What do you do in that game

Runescape is a game where you basically cut down every single tree in existence until there are none left.

That reminds me... I think I was close to the woodcutting skillcape when I quit?