Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does "betrayed and abandoned" need more background?

Skytower

I know the comic showed us how Sunset left Equestria, but the series seems to be going in a different direction with that part of her history.  At the end when we saw a confused Sunset wondering where she was and what happened to her it wasn't the scene from the comic where she's far calmer about it.  With that would an episode showing how she 'abandoned and betrayed' Celestia be of interest to anyone or should we just leave it as is?  I'd like to see it but if the show spends too much time exploring Sunset's bad period it could get stale quickly.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Skytower said:

I know the comic showed us how Sunset left Equestria, but the series seems to be going in a different direction with that part of her history.  At the end when we saw a confused Sunset wondering where she was and what happened to her it wasn't the scene from the comic where she's far calmer about it.  With that would an episode showing how she 'abandoned and betrayed' Celestia be of interest to anyone or should we just leave it as is?  I'd like to see it but if the show spends too much time exploring Sunset's bad period it could get stale quickly.

I hope we get a flashback episode where it is seen how Sunset disbanded her and was her student. That's a pretty good idea. :twi:

4 minutes ago, Skytower said:

It's possible that even though it wasn't visually depicted, the stone removed the event that led her to the human world. At first it looked like it just took the memories of the high school were supposed to be removed, but the fact that she was shocked at not being a pony makes me think she lost a bit more. Perhaps even the memories behind the motivation of her initial betrayal. 

I got the feeling while watching that Celestia may have been in some sort of battle (this would be a time before the M5 were around to help her, Luna was still on the moon and I'm not sure about Cadence) counting on Sunset's help and Sunset ran out on her.  That'd be worth a story I think.  

I think Wallflower's intent was to remove the girls memories of high school, all of the memories from their first day on.  That would probably put Sunset's memories to just after she exited the portal and saw CHS for the first time.

For whatever reason, Sunset's memories appear to have been reset to even before she stepped through the portal, which is why she acted so confused. But I've generally liked the flashback episodes in this show, and I think there's a lot of information we could still learn about Sunset Shimmer which would be interesting. As long as it's fairly well-executed I wouldn't mind seeing some of that. 

I don't think it's all that uncommon for the show to contradict things that have happened in the comics, but I think an episode of Sunset Leaving Equestria would be pretty cool, more than likely it would be done in some sort of a flash-back form so viewers who don't read the comics have some context as to what is going on.