Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where does your educational background lie?

Onylex

Educatioal backgrounds  

109 users have voted

1. 1. Where does your education lye?

• Home schooled
    • Public schooled
    • Private schooled
    • Online classes
    • College
    • Other means of education and or schooling

I attended public school, got expelled in grade 12, went on to a college for Computer Repair and Network Maintenance.  Finished, worked in the industry for a month, got tired of it and went to University for a Degree in Popular Music and Jazz. 

The lesson here is, High-School is useless B)

I'm not sure how it works in USA but what will you do/ what can you do for living without college education? O.o

Right now I'm a housewife (I know that's not fashionable, but so what? I'm happy) I've worked for years though, so I don't see what the problem of not going to college is. Besides, on Saturday (Feb First) I turn 35! I must be doing something right! 

went to University for a Degree in Popular Music and Jazz. 

I like you already. :3 Are you learning to play some instruments maybe?

@cuteycindyhoney

Nice. I was just curious. In Poland they ask for higher education even if you're just going to work as a janitor. x.x

Edited by Burning Question

Started out in a private school, at 3rd grade I went to public until 7th grade when I went back to a private school; than I went back to public at 9th grade! Continued to this day, but the high school sends me to college in the morning classes, where I also take online classes! A little complicated and broad, but it has worked out.

I like you already. :3 Are you learning to play some instruments maybe?

I majored in Performance on Drums, and I think I graduated in 2012.  Actually I was at the mall yesterday looking at violins, those things are so beast, I might pick a cheap one up and fool around with it.  I also play the piano, mostly because I had to learn it for ear training and theory (Those things suuuck!). 

Every musician has to learn playing piano (which sucks, I agree x.x ) and when it comes to violin... I have no idea how can people learn which sound is where exactly on these strings. I was playing it entirely basing on intuition and good hearing for 6 years and passed every year without knowing where each sound is. XD But after all that I think that the most important thing to play it AND enjoy it is having long enough fingers. x.x Without them long enough it's a torture.

Anyway, good luck and sowwe for offtop.

Edited by Burning Question

I'm in college, I'm in my 2nd year of the Fish and Wildlife Technician program and when I'm finished this program I may return for either Sustainable Agriculture, Conservation Law Enforcement, or Outdoor Adventure (all of which require a college diploma as pre-requisite).

Edited by Iron Shield

I attended (occasionally) public school in Ontario, went on to the University of Waterloo to pick up my first degree (Bachelors of Applied Science, Chemical Engineering), accumulated credits towards a couple of other degrees and diplomas (History, Architecture, Computer Science) whenever the opportunity arose. So on and so forth.

Really you went to waterloo?

My older sister went there too! :o

Yup. Ages ago. Graduated in '92.

Cool, UW was a good place. I recommend it, even though they're constantly bugging me to give them more money. ;)

I had one year of preschool before I did K-12 in public school. Between moving and school districts changing their borders, I didn't stay at one single school more than 3 years. After high school I went to college for automotive management and dropped out after one semester. After coming back home I went to community college for gen ed and dropped out after one semester again. A few years later I went to the EMS academy but graduated this time. Third time's the charm I suppose.

Went to both a publicly-funded primary and secondary school. Did A-levels at 6th form and currently studying Civil Engineering at university. For the first half of the first year of secondary school I did attend a private school, though only out of necessity.

I was publically educated by the state of New York. It also turned out I'm smarter than the public schools in the state of New York. I was publically educated but had multiple opportunities to be transfered to private schools. But most required a uniform and the others required me to move so I stayed public. A little more casual but the system is more regimented. Meant to teach the majority more than help the individual.

Edited by UmbraScriptor

I went to public schools in the states on texas and north carolina for 1st through the 9th grade, I spent 10-12th in private school in maine and two years studying electrical engineering before I left college to help support my family. Do what you gotta do i guess.

Public School and other means.

I Did a Co-Op placement for my last year of High School. I never seen a class room for a whole semester, I was working "on the jobsite" with electricians. Which I received my 1st year Electrical apprenticeship.It didn't cost me anything, and I even got a grant for tools.

Public schools until University.

Although Uni is a stormy time for me, because I feel I'm being thrown into a 'mold'. Everyone around pressurize me to finish it, but truth is after I do, I'll still have issues finding a job.

I'm considering going the hard way around, dropping out, learning languages and certain skills on my own and living without higher education. I know it sounds crazy, but... it's achievable. Although it'll be hard time.

Edited by Khajiit

I've only been at a public school. From Kindergarten to 10th Grade. But not the same one.

I went to Jenkins Creek Elementary in Kent, Washington from Kindergarten through 2nd Grade.

After that, I moved to Elger Bay Elementary in Camano Island, Washington for 3rd and 4th Grades

Lastly, I've went to Shiner ISD in Shiner, Texas since 5th Grade.

Edited by Twilight Sniper

I was in the UK state school system up until I was 18, and then I completed my undergraduate degree in Linguistics in the UK. Last here I moved to Canada to start my MA in Linguistics, which I'm currently doing.

• 1 year later...

Ever since preschool I was in public school. Now that I'm graduating, I will be transitioning from public secondary education to public college; or possibly online classes.

I have gone to a few different private schools and one public school. I had a period of time where I was home-schooled. I have also taken online classes. I am currently taking CLEP tests to earn college credit, but I'm not actually "in" college.