Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would Limestone Pie get along with other ponies

BrawnyCharger

Among the Pie sisters, it is very clear that Maud is the only other Pie apart from Pinkie that gets the most attention and interaction with other ponies. 

Suppose one of her other sisters such as the grouchy Limestone Pie tried to do the same thing. How much more of an uphill battle would that be for herself, for Pinkie, and for everypony else to get Limestone to interact and get along with other ponies?

• Brohoof 1

It would be pretty freakin tough.

Maud was odd to others, but mostly inoffensive. Limestone on the other hand has a habit of being straight up abrasive and rude. And when you treat others like that, you’ll either 1) hurt their feelings and drive them off, or 2) make them mad and aggressive right back at you.

And they are perfectly right to feel that way. Maud is an example of tolerating someone that is hard to understand, but is ultimately harmless. You might not be besties, but you respect each other.

But Limestone is not so harmless. No one deserves to be talked to so nastily for no reason, and someone willing to tolerate it would be a rare individual indeed. They’d have to get Limestone to address her anger and antagonism before introducing her to anyone.

• Brohoof 2

As @ShadOBabe said it would be tough, but not impossible I think; maybe she didn't any friends before and that's why she seems so agressive? I mean she could follow Maud's evolution; the latter didn't really become friends with any of the mane 6 at the beggining, but she became more or less friends with some of them (Rarity, Starlight); I would feel that AJ would know how to handle Limestone; she'd tell her her four truths, because, you know

hOneSTY :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 2

Limestone Pie is pretty rude, so finding someone to be her friend would be pretty difficult. Not sure a lot of people would want to be friends with someone who just yells at them all the time. If she changed her attitude, she’d get along just fine, though. Assuming she’s willing to change it, that is. ;) 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, A.V. said:

Now I'm imagining somepony like her interacting with somepony like Trixie or Discord.

That would be perfect. Trixie and Limestone would totally drive each other mad. :twi:

The way I see it, Limestone isn't rude for no reason. She gets really overprotective of things she cares about, like the farm, and doesn't have the best way of expressing it. She'd probably need to tone it down a little to get along with others better, but if she were to step outside the farm, I think she'd be respectful of others as long as they don't mess with her stuff, though she might have a loose standard of what qualifies as that. I actually think she has a lot in common with someone like Applejack, who might be able to teach her a more gentle way of asserting herself which helps her make friends. 

• Brohoof 1

I have theory that Limestone has some sort of emotional stunt (or disability) from being on the farm way too long. I don't hate her nor do I like her. I do think it's possible for other ponies to get along with her however.