Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do they live in Nightmare Moon's time line?

Bendy

In the Nightmare Moon time line, there's no sun? Why isn't everyone freezing to death and starving to death in that time line?

No sun, no food, no heat. Thus, everyone freezes to death or starves to death.

The act of getting rid of the sun would cause a massive world wide mass extinction event. Panic, riots and disorder among ponies would happen.

And there won't be any animals left either. Maybe some ponies could live in caves, deep underground, eating worms and mushrooms to survive, but for the most part, everyone is dead. 

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

@Bendy

Funny you should say bring this up. I've Nightmare Moon's Reign Future is said by consensus to be the "most peaceful" in comparison to all the other bad futures. No War with Sombra, No Changeling Takeover, No Mad Chaos with Discord, No Rampaging Tirek, and no mass deforestation from the Flim Flam Bros. They even allowed public tours of the Castle.

Edited by We.
  • Brohoof 1

@Bendy Nightmare Moon didn't get rid of the sun, she just moved it. This would mean that they wouldn't freeze, just as people don't freeze at nigth.

However, they have no food and this leaves part of their world/planet in constant day. 

8 hours ago, Bendy said:

In the Nightmare Moon time line, there's no sun? Why isn't everyone freezing to death and starving to death in that time line?

No sun, no food, no heat. Thus, everyone freezes to death or starves to death.

The act of getting rid of the sun would cause a massive world wide mass extinction event. Panic, riots and disorder among ponies would happen. 

I'm pretty sure that if Celestia and Luna can move the moon and the sun, they could manage to grow food with magic.

Also this happened in Yakyakistan:

medium.png
View on Derpibooru - Original source

I would be more worried about Windigos returning, Rarity and RD seemed pretty irritable and if that's the norm on their timeline, then spreading friendship would be harder with most ponies being so untrustful (kind of like our real societies).

I believe that the moon has a certain effect on the plants and such, allowing them to grow under it's presence. Since this is equestria, I don't see why that wouldn't be possible. I also have a theory that Nightmare Moon also just bends light and it's heat effects. The sun and moon don't actually move, the alicorns just manipulate their light rays. This also applies to heat.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, sciencewill98 said:

Nightmare Moon didn't get rid of the sun, she just moved it. This would mean that they wouldn't freeze, just as people don't freeze at nigth.

However, they have no food and this leaves part of their world/planet in constant day. 

I have to nitpick just a little here (sorry). If day-night cycle wouldn't exist and half of the planet would suffer from eternal night, they would freeze to death since sun's warmth couldn't reach other side of the planet. Reason why we don't die during night is because Earth's rotation around it's axis tooks so little time. Earth's surface has also absorbed warmth during daytime. Atmosphere keeps most of it in and stops it escaping in to the space... yada yada tada...

That's if ponies would live in a solar system and planet similar to ours, of course (I know, I know, kids show, overanalyzing, magic and stuff, but play along just out of curiosity) Theoretically there should be little area capable of sustaining life between the side of everlasting day and it's blazing inferno and permanent night's frozen wastelands. 90 % of the planet would be uninhabitable but Equestria would presumably be situated in this "twilight zone". :P It would have climate and lighting somewhat similar to our polar circles

Edited by Divine plywood
  • Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

I assume this could be due to the Moon serving the same purpose as the sun. Perhaps the plants can grow from moonlight. Remember this is the same setting where day and night can happen simultaneously and the Sun can be out during the night.

• 3 years later...