Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Canons Wanted! Chrysalis Take-Over

Nyactis Mewcis Catlum

chrysalistakeover.png.bc5d2c5176bf878466a63735a185c200.png

thecomingofchrysalis.png

SETTING THE STAGE: THE PLOT
Ponyville has been enjoying lasting peace now for some moons. It's been some time since Starlight Glimmer defeated Queen Chrysalis, and nopony has seen heads or tails of her since then. Twilight has taken to teaching Starlight the wonders of friendship while the rest of the girls are preoccupied with their own lives, coming whenever the Cutie Map beckons them to a spot that has a friendship problem to be fixed. There is no threat of the outbreak of wars between species, and Equestria seems to be seeing a lull in dramatic threats ever since Chrysalis's defeat.

Little do the ponies know that Chrysalis's retreat was not with her tail between her legs, but a tactical withdrawal. The hive that they had attacked was not the main Changeling hive, and Queen Chrysalis, being the mother of the Changelings, has begun to repopulate them in a separate area. She's quietly building an army of Changelings, biding her time until she can take over Equestria once again - and this time, she has help in the form of the Alicorn Amulet, which she's stolen from Zecora in secrecy, posing as Apple Bloom. Her plan is a large, multi-step one: she's pretty sure she can attempt what she did with Starlight's victory again in that she can trick the ponies and take them over from the inside, but she wants her army to be prepared to launch an attack en masse as well... And this time she's not going to overlook anypony, no foal or mare or stallion will escape her wrath.

It's only a matter of time before her return. And when she does return, the fate of Equestria lies in the hooves of the ponies.

WHEN IN CANON DOES THIS TAKE PLACE? 
The Coming of Chrysalis is an AU, meaning that it will have its own continuity. That being said, all episodes up until the end of Season 6 can be considered "canon" to the RP's lore. Chrysalis's potential comeback within S8 will not impact this AU.

CHARACTERS THAT CAN BE PLAYED
The emphasis in this particular AU is canon characters. High-quality OCs may be allowed, but I will be very picky about which ones I let take part in this particular plot. Even then, the emphasis will still be on the canon characters.

Background ponies are not likely to be applicable. Secondary characters, however, are.

Please note that your character may lose to Chrysalis. She has a lot of power backing her this time, and some ponies will go down within RP; it has to happen for her to seem credible as a threat.

Canon characters must be auditioned for. This will be detailed at the bottom of the post.

You are allowed to take multiple canon characters. I'm allowing up to per person. Try not to hog characters so other people can get a crack at it!

OTHER CONTENT ALLOWED
While the plot is the main focus, it will take time to build and some SoL can be played before it fully takes fruition. In addition to that, I'm not against those who take the main characters to play out some romance if they would like. Mild violence is going to occur, but of course, keep within MLPF's rules; nothing NSFW, and of course nothing that would be strange for the character.

WHO CAN PARTICIPATE? 
As this is an advanced/literate RP by nature, I'm accepting only advanced/literate RPers.

CANON LIST

MANE 8
Twilight Sparkle - Played by ___
Rainbow Dash - Played by ___
Rarity - Played by ___

Pinkie Pie - Played by ___
Fluttershy - Played by ___
Applejack - Played by ___
Starlight Glimmer - Played by @SummerHaven
Spike - Played by ___

CMC
Apple Bloom - Played by ___
Sweetie Belle - Played by ___
Scootaloo - Played by @Scootaloved

SECONDARY CHARACTERS
Trixie - Played by ___
Others will be listed when applied for.

VILLAINS
Queen Chrysalis - Played by @Scootaloved

ACCEPTED OC LIST

PROTAGONISTS
N/A

ANTAGONISTS
N/A

APPLY FOR A CANON

Respond to the following prompt(s) with a RP sample:

1 - Your character notices another pony trapped between Timberwolves and trees in the Everfree Forest. What do they do?
2 - Your pony has gotten lost within a field outside of Ponyville and doesn't know how to get home. What do they do?
3 - Tirek has come back and threatened Ponyville! He's come up to your character and challenged them to a fight. What do they do?
4 - Your character ordered some furniture, but they haven't received notice of it for two weeks. What do they do?
5 - Your character is asked for a favor by another one of the cast (you get to choose). What do they do?

Note, this is not a Q&A. It's a RP sample. You must write in response as if you're actually responding with a post.
Keep in mind that Advanced Roleplays require 800 characters minimum.

APPLY FOR AN OC

Link me to your OC's profile here on MLPF, and answer the following:

1 - What can your OC contribute to this plot?
2 - Would your OC help the ponies, or Queen Chrysalis?
3 - How would your OC react around canon characters?

Feel free to show me other RPs you have utilized this OC in so I can better get a grasp on them and whether they're a good fit for this one.

• Brohoof 2

(Okay I'd like to apply for the Great and Powerful Trixie)

1. Timberwolves

I see Starlight trapped between a pack of timberwolves, the two to her sides preparing to pounce. Looking around for something to throw at them but finding nothing, I sigh and take a deep breath.

"Hey you stupid dogs, come get me!" I shout as I make my horn glow to draw more attention 

Most of them turn and begin to rush me so I shout "Starlight run!" Before doing just that myself

while dashing through the forest I look around frantically for a small nook or cranny to hide in. For a couple of minutes there is nothing,  but fate must be in Trixie's favor because just as they were in pouncing range I saw a mandrake tree I could hide under. I silently thanked fate as I crawled into it, the roots acting like a reverse cage and keeping them out.

Recognizing I'm safe I smirk "And that just goes to show, nopony can compete with the Great and Powerful Trixie!"

(okay so I went with this route as Trixie has shown she is willing to take one for the team, or Statlight at the least)

2. Lost in a field

I have been walking for hours through this tall grass and haven't found a parting in it yet. I try jumping up for a glimpse beyond the grass to see if I was going the right way but to no avail.

"Ugh, why did Trixie have to agree to help Fluttershy find that rabbit of hers?" I mumble as I keep walking

I am careful to keep my ears peeled, who knows what kind of creepy crappies are hiding in here. To bad Spike wasn't with me, he could message Twilight to come find us.

"Fluttershy?!" I call "Are you there?" 

3. Tirek

Looking up at the tyrant I look around frantically for help to no avail. I then turn and run as fast as I can, knowing there is no way that even I, the Great and Powerful Trixie could beat him. 

It only takes a few steps for him to catch up with me, I needed help and now. Maybe Starlight hadn't been drained yet, she could teleport us out of here.

so with the decision made I change course through the market place to Twilight's castle.

(Okay I'm going off the assumption this is the big, fully powered Tirek)

4. IKEA is bad at their job

I walk out of the post office more than a little annoyed, I mean two weeks and not even a notice? The Great and Powerful Trixie will not stand for this. I walk back in and buy a letter and envelope, 

i send the letter with the termination of my order on it and leave the post office again. After a moment of thinking I walk down to the sofa and quill shop. Who needs Manehatten made pleather chairs anyway?

5. Rarity asks for ideas from the fashion she's seen while traveling Equestria

I have been sitting with a Rarity in my wagon for half an hour discussing a few of the trends I'd seen on my last trip to Trottingham. I had to admit I kind of owed her with all of the times she fixed my hat and cape free of charge.

"So, you see they have this thing for purple dye. It really strokes this city-wide royalty complex of theirs." I tell her

@kaiser5578 Hi there, and thank you for your interest in my RP!

You have great characterization for Trixie in your samples, and I definitely had fun reading them! Unfortunately, though, I can't accept this audition, as it doesn't meet the quality that I'm needing from this RP.

So you're not left not knowing why I'm giving you a no on this one, here's a few comments about what specifically in your RP samples led to this denial:

1. As this is going to be a third person perspective RP, writing all of your auditions in first person is a little disorienting unless you're going to give a clear first person voice, which I didn't read into your narration.
  2. You have a few grammatical mistakes, and while I'm able to overlook the occasional typo here and there, they're distracting enough in your writing that they detract from its quality. In particular, there are some issues with capitalization as well as punctuation that are present throughout all five of the RP samples.
  3. Detail in your RP samples is a little lacking. This is probably at least partly due to your choice to make these RP samples in the first person, but I don't get a good impression of what Trixie is feeling. Many of the sentences you use are simple sentences, and while simple sentences aren't bad, an overabundance of them can lead to writing feeling choppy or empty when reading; extra detail would fix this issue.

Now, just because I'm saying "no" now doesn't mean it's "no" forever. If you can work on upping the quality of your posts and then re-audition, I'm happy to give you another shot at it then!

I'm wondering if I should include my own samples as Scootaloo to give potential volunteers a good idea of what kind of quality I'm expecting out of this RP. Hmm...

This looks like a fun RP for sure! It would give me an excuse to play as one of my favorite characters too. Though I've never played a canon character before, so I guess I'll see how this goes. :adorkable:

I'll audition for Starlight Glimmer!

4 - Your character ordered some furniture, but they haven't received notice of it for two weeks. What do they do?

As Celestia's sun rose in the sky, Starlight awoke with a loud yawn. She rolled out of bed, and trotted into the bathroom to get ready for the day. As she was brushing her mane, she suddenly recalled that couch she had ordered a few weeks ago. A smile spread across her face as she thought about adding it into her bedroom. She had wanted to give her quarters a more "customized" feel. She finished up in the bathroom, and excitedly darted through the hallways of Twilight's crystal castle, her hooves striking against the smooth polished floor as she went. Once she heaved open the heavy door, it was evident that there was no delivery. She knew she certainly wouldn't miss a box that large on their doorstep. Starlight's horn sparked in anger at the news. 

"That couch should have been her by now!" She muttered to no pony in particular. 

No Starlight, we shouldn't be upset about this, she thought to herself. I'm sure they were just busy with orders! Still though, it wouldn't hurt to see what the hold up is right?

The purple unicorn started down the pathway to the sofas and quills shop, rehearsing in her head what she was going to say to the pony. A pink flash hopped by her, drawing her attention up from her feet. 

"Hi Starlight! Whatcha doing?" She recognized the voice of Pinkie Pie, before she even looked up. 

"Oh, hi Pinkie." Starlight said smiling. "I'm heading to the Sofas and Quills shop." 

Pinkie cocked her head to the side. "The Sofa and Quills shop? Haven't you heard?"

"Heard what?" Starlight prodded. She frowned, due to Pinkie's tone sounding a bit off from usual.

"The owner is taking some time off. His grandson is in the hospital. Don't worry though! He's doing much better now and should be fully recovered by next week!" Pinkie's tone reverted back to her original sing-songy version. 

"Oh, wow. I hadn't realized." Starlight sighed and looked down again. "And here I was worried about my furniture order. I feel awfully embarrassed now. Wait until Twilight hears about this...."

"Aww cheer up Starlight! You didn't know so all is good!" Pinkie gave Starlight a pat on the side. "Want to go get something sweet and covered in frosting?! Frosting always makes ME feel better!"

"Thanks Pinkie. That sounds great." Starlight followed Pinkie to Sugarcube Corner.   

• Brohoof 1

@SummerHaven Hey there! That's a great RP sample.

I'm comfortable letting you take Starlight Glimmer if you'd like her! :D

5 hours ago, Crimson Fire said:

I think that would help us get a feel for how you wanted to conduct the RP. I admit, this has piqued my interest. So a few samples would be helpful for us.

All right, here's my own sample -

Your pony has gotten lost within a field outside of Ponyville. What do they do? 

Okay, Scootaloo, whatever you do... DON'T panic. 

Scootaloo's wide eyes focused on the endless green around her, large and empty, compounding the loneliness of the little filly all by herself out there. Certainly, Scootaloo had experience being alone - but that'd been in places she was familiar with. It was a whole different ball game being completely and utterly isolated in a place that she'd never been to before.

That spring board scooter thing had definitely been a bad idea.

She knew firsthand from her experiences at camp with her 'big sister' that panicking was the enemy of progress, which was why she attempted to swallow her breaths in order to regain her composure. Okay, so she was a little lost where she had no idea she'd be found... So what? She could rescue herself! She was the toughest little pony in time! A little bit of not knowing where she was wasn't going to hold her down. She could think of it as adventu-

The sound of a twig snapping caught her ears, and Scootaloo leaped up to her hooves as he heartbeat and breath kicked up anew.

"Yaaack! Wh-... What was that? Is - Is somepony there?" The little filly flared her wings in order to make herself seem not so small and whirled around to catch a look of the intrusion - only to find there was, in fact, nopony there.

She huffed a small noise of irritation... At herself, not at whatever the heck that was.

C'mon, Scoot. RAINBOW DASH wouldn't jump at just any ol' noise! And that camping trip is WAY behind you! You need to get over it already! 

Another breath, and another. Okay. Okay. She really could do this. She just needed to find some notable landmarks. The guidebook that she read said that, right? Along with certain berries being poisonous. Oh, she should get something to eat, too. She might be out here for a while, after all.

She bit back the groan that wanted to surface before steeling her eyes. She was a Cutie Mark Crusader. Surviving was something she could handle... It was something she'd done for much of her life, after all! "Yeah! No field's gonna be the boss of me!" The pegasus jutted out her chest before she put her gameplan into effect: find some kind of landmark, or at least something to eat. With that, she began to trot into the green.

Have to say, I'm very interested right now in this but I'm just thinking long and hard if I want a canon or an OC...I only have one OC after all.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Kaidyn said:

Have to say, I'm very interested right now in this but I'm just thinking long and hard if I want a canon or an OC...I only have one OC after all.

I was wondering when you'd show up! You were one of the first to come into this thread. :D

Either would be welcome, though as the emphasis in this RP is more on canons, it's definitely more recommended that you go for that as opposed to an OC. Though, it is possible for you to go for both if you think you're capable of handling multiple at once - I am playing two canons in this particular one after all!

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Scootaloved said:

I was wondering when you'd show up! You were one of the first to come into this thread. :D

Either would be welcome, though as the emphasis in this RP is more on canons, it's definitely more recommended that you go for that as opposed to an OC. Though, it is possible for you to go for both if you think you're capable of handling multiple at once - I am playing two canons in this particular one after all!

Sooooo, you noticed me lurking in here, didn't ya? Shoot, not stealthy enough!

I have no issues with multiple characters to be honest. I just really am interested in this RP concept and the fact you are enforcing strict literacy. It's too bad the character I WAS interested in is taken (AHEM STARLIGHT GLIMMER. :(). I probably could do an Applejack or a Rainbow if I tried but I have to be honest, never actually tried to write in terms of canons before! First time for everything, I guess!

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Kaidyn said:

I have no issues with multiple characters to be honest. I just really am interested in this RP concept and the fact you are enforcing strict literacy. It's too bad the character I WAS interested in is taken (AHEM STARLIGHT GLIMMER. :(). I probably could do an Applejack or a Rainbow if I tried but I have to be honest, never actually tried to write in terms of canons before! First time for everything, I guess!

The art of the stealth is to make sure the person you're not trying to get caught by isn't looking at the thread at the time. :toldya:

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! Still, you would be more than welcome to try out Applejack or Rainbow. I'm totally not biased toward Rainbow because I've taken Scootaloo, what are you talking about...

Thank you for taking an interest! :D I'm really excited for this to come into fruition!

1 minute ago, Scootaloved said:

The art of the stealth is to make sure the person you're not trying to get caught by isn't looking at the thread at the time. :toldya:

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! Still, you would be more than welcome to try out Applejack or Rainbow. I'm totally not biased toward Rainbow because I've taken Scootaloo, what are you talking about...

Thank you for taking an interest! :D I'm really excited for this to come into fruition!

The funny thing is deciding if I want to play RD and my OC as...well...they are similar in ways and different in others but in terms of similarities, they are both pegasi, love to fly and fly fast, and are weather ponies. After that, their personalities differ. :lol: Interested either way though. I'll write up a sample very soon and see how I can make either fit.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Kaidyn said:

The funny thing is deciding if I want to play RD and my OC as...well...they are similar in ways and different in others but in terms of similarities, they are both pegasi, love to fly and fly fast, and are weather ponies. After that, their personalities differ. :lol: Interested either way though. I'll write up a sample very soon and see how I can make either fit.

Certainly! I look forward to it. :squee:

(Also, if you want my opinion, with their personalities being different I think it could work. But that's just my onion.)

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Scootaloved said:

@SummerHaven Hey there! That's a great RP sample.

I'm comfortable letting you take Starlight Glimmer if you'd like her! :D

Thanks! Can’t wait for this to start! 

5 hours ago, Kaidyn said:

Sorry...

I was super excited when I saw she was still open, and I wasn’t expecting someone else to want her immediately.

• Brohoof 1

38 minutes ago, SummerHaven said:

Sorry...

I was super excited when I saw she was still open, and I wasn’t expecting someone else to want her immediately.

It's okay. You wrote a great Starlight and it means I can always look at other options. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1