Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming NES Nerds, The NES Classic Edition comes back, June 29th!

YoshiAngemon

https://www.cnet.com/news/nintendo-nes-classic-returns-to-stores-in-june/

I just found out yesterday that the NES Classic Edition is coming back in the stores on June 29th! When this month is over, I'm gonna put money aside for the system, plus a Controller! At the price of $80, this might imply that it will come bundled with a second controller, if you factor in the following:

Cost of Unit Originally: $60

Cost of Additional Controller: $10

Cost of keeping scalpers from gouging us just to live in Donald Trump's America: $10!

And if you must ask, I'm gonna buy it for convenience, and adding in games that I own, whether I bought them digitally or otherwise. Why else would I support them, and keep from letting inferior companies like AtGames make these same consoles, but make it with terrible sound emulation and inferior tech? I do it to SUPPORT Nintendo. Which is why I would NEVER buy a Raspberry Pi just to SPITE Nintendo and save even MORE money, money that could be used to buy a soldering kit and a CR2032 Battery to fix my Gamecube's Clock. I'd need a Gamebit to get into the system, and risk removing the Shadow the Hedgehog Decals on it. And I don't need to be nagged by @SaburoDaimando like I'm Shredder and he's Krang asking to build a new body for him!

• Brohoof 1

Nintendo has actually been pretty good at supplying the SNES Classic so I hope they don't shit the bed with this again like last time

• Brohoof 1

At least I was able to get the SNES Classic Edition after Christmas. And to this day, I still play it, not just with the pre-loaded games, but thanks to a few patches, games like MMPR Fighting Edition, Gundam Wing Endless Duel, and even FFIV: Namingway Edition.

I would prefer the classic edition units to vanish if it meant we could have the virtual console on the Switch. The way it is now, I don't see it as a worthy trade off, but hey, Nintendo finally isn't artificially inflating demand with this thing. At least not until this shipment sells out.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Nightmare Terror said:

YESS!!! It’s time to play DOOM,Super Metroid,MK3,And many others

Super Metroid is ALREADY one of the original 21 games. Right there with Final Fantasy III (now known as Final Fantasy VI).

9 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I would prefer the classic edition units to vanish if it meant we could have the virtual console on the Switch. The way it is now, I don't see it as a worthy trade off, but hey, Nintendo finally isn't artificially inflating demand with this thing. At least not until this shipment sells out.

The buttons on the Switch are a reason why we DON'T have VC on the Switch, and never will. How can you play N64 with only ONE Joy-Con? You'd have to buy THREE MORE SETS, and that would eat up even MORE money than a hypothetical N64 Classic Edition. Besides, it's a lot easier for them to put 20 or so VC Games up, and enhance them with Netplay, so you could play some 2P Co-Op games online. And you shouldn't just expect the same thing that happened with the Wii U VC to happen on the Switch! It's partially due to VC that I'm keeping my Wii U. I still have King's Knight on the Wii Mode VC. Now that I know that the App (King's Knight: Wrath of the Dark Dragon) is being discontinued in June, I have no reason to download it, especially since I beat the main story of FFXV.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

6 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

Super Metroid is ALREADY one of the original 21 games. Right there with Final Fantasy III (now known as Final Fantasy VI).

The buttons on the Switch are a reason why we DON'T have VC on the Switch, and never will. How can you play N64 with only ONE Joy-Con? You'd have to buy THREE MORE SETS, and that would eat up even MORE money than a hypothetical N64 Classic Edition. Besides, it's a lot easier for them to put 20 or so VC Games up, and enhance them with Netplay, so you could play some 2P Co-Op games online.

You couldn't play N64 games with a default Wii controller either and that is you couldn't play them AT ALL, unless you had a Gamecube controller or Classic controller, let alone play them in multiplayer. Nintendo already had a massive library built with the virtual console over the years, there is no proper excuse to not have it on the Switch. It does mean that they don't have to transfer our Wii U and 3DS VC purchases over to the Switch, so, more money for them I guess. They are simply begging for people to hack their Switch at this point.

Don't get me wrong, for what it is, the NES and SNES Classic are both a good deal compared to the virtual console if you bought all of those games on there, but it still is a terrible alternative considering Nintendo's history of artificially raising demand.

Well, Nintendo's basically gonna just kill the Wii U Support in a few years. They've already started by closing the Wii Shop Channel. How you gonna get Final Fantasy 1, now? You'd be stuck with the somewhat inferior Android/iOS port jobs done on steam! I have the PS1 Version on my PS3.

Yeah, I need to get an NES mini as SOON as it comes out :wat: I've ALREADY got an SNES mini :wau: I just hope they make a Nintendo 64 mini sometime in the future *hooves crossed* :lie: IF they EVER make it...I'm gonna buy several!!! Like, seriously... :confused:

wFcwKWT.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Just now, SolarFlare13 said:

Yeah, I need to get an NES mini as SOON as it comes out :wat: I've ALREADY got an SNES mini :wau: I just hope they make a Nintendo 64 mini sometime in the future *hooves crossed* :lie: IF they EVER make it...I'm gonna buy several!!! Like, seriously... :confused:

wFcwKWT.jpg

Might wanna wait a bit until they make a GAME BOY Classic Edition. Only it won't be a "mini;" it would be Actual Size, with USB, Game Link, and HDMI Ports. And with an included Game Link Cable, you could trade Pokemon between Red and Blue.

• Brohoof 1

I had absolutely no interest in getting it originally and this won't change my mind. The NES games that Nintendo repeatedly releases have really just began to lose their appeal. And for those that haven't, I don't want to have to buy a novelty item to play them. I want a solid Virtual Console on the Switch, on a system that I actually play and is portable.

The NES classic is just pandering to a group that I'm not a part of, I suppose. Sure I played the NES in my early childhood years, but I don't need this.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Envy said:

I had absolutely no interest in getting it originally and this won't change my mind. The NES games that Nintendo repeatedly releases have really just began to lose their appeal. And for those that haven't, I don't want to have to buy a novelty item to play them. I want a solid Virtual Console on the Switch, on a system that I actually play and is portable.

The NES classic is just pandering to a group that I'm not a part of, I suppose. Sure I played the NES in my early childhood years, but I don't need this.

YOU GET A PI! At least you can add your own games to it. I intend on adding games to the NES Classic Edition, as long as I have a handy categorized list of NES Games that I can add, based on compatibility.

(edited)

Who cares about the mini,I want a full size NES,SNES!

dang I need to get my game boy back...

Well at least Nintendo is bringing back something memorable.

Now if only Sony brought back the Ps1 and Microsoft with the Xbox

Edited by Nightmare Terror

2 minutes ago, Nightmare Terror said:

Who cares about the mini,I want a full size NES,SNES!

dang I need to get my game boy back...

Well at least Nintendo is bringing back something memorable.

Now if only Sony brought back the Ps1 and Microsoft with the Xbox

If they did all that, then there'd be no value in the rare games. Plus, there's legal issues to resolve with it. Not to mention the materials used. I mean, a reason why Pepsi is so high-priced is due to the palm oil shortage.

(edited)
2 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

I already have that.  So I may pass.

But I do not. And don't get me wrong, I WILL buy a Raspberry Pi, but for Anti-AtGames reasons only. Plus, with the right controllers, it would grant me the right experience in playing those 32X Titles. And don't you go wishing for my failure so you can have a fellow Raspberry Pi User for Online gameplay, Krang!

Edited by YoshiAngemon

wow on my birthday no less LOL what a way to celebrate my birthday "Hey the NES classic returns! GET IT NOW!" XD

14 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Where's the love for the Atari 2600?

^_^

AtGames already made Atari 2600 Flashback Units. They're actually quite good, though. Their SEGA Genesis Flashback Units, not so much.

18 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

Hopefully, they lengthen the cable for the controllers. I have an SNES Classic, and that seemed just fine.

They won't. If anything, it would be the same thing: One system, One Controller, and the cords would be the same. They just jacked up the price by $20 to satisfy the demand. There are some people who'd be better off buying a Raspberry Pi, just to spite Nintendo, and at the same time re-allocate your funds to buy the Nintendo Switch!