starrymiss

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

fluttershy

How did you find MLP Forums?

I did some Googling!

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I wanted to see what the hype was all about

Helloooo!

I rarely post on forums, and lately I've just been a hermit in general. Socializing isn't my strong point. As a result, I stockpile things I want to talk about and eventually explode them into the vacuum of the internet. I posted some of my thoughts spontaneously earlier today right after waking up (aka not awake enough for good decision making), but then got scared/embarrassed and deleted my message since I swore too much and probably pissed people off by talking about feminism, which no doubt has many negative connotations.

So yeah, pretty anxious to be posting this! I'm very bad at know what's okay/not okay to say!

I was mostly involved with MLP 6ish years ago, when I was 17. But I was too socially anxious to interact with any fan forums back then, so I just hovered in the peripherals and consumed a lot of brony art/music. I don't know why I suddenly got a hankering to watch the show again and actually interact with fellow fans. 

This whole time that I've been a fan, I could never decide on who my favorite character is. I've cycled through the entire Mane 6 as being my favorite at some point.

Until recently I thought it was Rarity, because I love that older sister-esque she has. And her design is so pretty. She's so feminine and stereotypical, and somehow I love that.  

I started rewatching the show for the first time in years, and now I'm really loving Fluttershy. Her design and voice are great.

When I was a young kid, though, my all-time favorite pony was Pinkie Pie. It was my first MLP toy. 

As of late, I'm really into repainting figures. I got some figures of Fluttershy and Twilight Sparkle from a candy blind box. The eyes that were printed on were really bad, so I took off the factory paint and redid them to make them cuter. :pinkie: maybe I'll post the finished product. 

Edited by starrymiss
  • Brohoof 8

hello Starrymiss, i'm glad you decided to interact with the comunity this time around, as i'm sure you'll find out soon, the comunity is very friendly,i'm kinda like you in the sense that i love all the ponies and can't easily deside on a single favorite(though Tixie seems to have won the title for me)
repainting the figures also sounds like great fun, you should definately share your work on them, looking forward to it
welcome to the forums

• Brohoof 1

Is that title a challenge? Cause I'll tooootally whoop you in an Awkward-Off! 

Good thing too that ya kept mum on that earlier. Ain't nothin' that sets me off into a right rantin' tizzy quite like the feminisms! 

...somebeing remind me what feminism is again? I get the vague feeling that is something that ain't gonna be in my old pocketbook dictionary. Hee! 

That's what I say, the Internet is a place of verbal freedom. Because of that, nothing will come out of shooting your mouth off here. Like, what, am I gonna smack you upside the head through the screen? You only really get banned from the forums for not being "family friendly", I assume. Heckadarn, quite a few cuss here too, so long as it's not every sentence.

Pretty lax & friendly here. It's a good place to practice socializing here; long as you don't take too much personally. I'm sure you'll love it here!

• Brohoof 1

Hi there @starrymiss

I saw your thread and edited it to fit the global guidelines so don't worry about that. If you need me to hide the thread then I can do so if it's causing you any distress. ;)

Anyways, welcome to the forums and just make sure to read the rules! :P

• Brohoof 3

14 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

hello Starrymiss, i'm glad you decided to interact with the comunity this time around, as i'm sure you'll find out soon, the comunity is very friendly,i'm kinda like you in the sense that i love all the ponies and can't easily deside on a single favorite(though Tixie seems to have won the title for me)
repainting the figures also sounds like great fun, you should definately share your work on them, looking forward to it
welcome to the forums

You're very right on that :) everyone has been so nice and welcoming. Thank you for the kind message! LOL, I kind of figured by your avatar that you're a Trixie fan! 

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Is that title a challenge? Cause I'll tooootally whoop you in an Awkward-Off! 

Good thing too that ya kept mum on that earlier. Ain't nothin' that sets me off into a right rantin' tizzy quite like the feminisms! 

...somebeing remind me what feminism is again? I get the vague feeling that is something that ain't gonna be in my old pocketbook dictionary. Hee! 

That's what I say, the Internet is a place of verbal freedom. Because of that, nothing will come out of shooting your mouth off here. Like, what, am I gonna smack you upside the head through the screen? You only really get banned from the forums for not being "family friendly", I assume. Heckadarn, quite a few cuss here too, so long as it's not every sentence.

Pretty lax & friendly here. It's a good place to practice socializing here; long as you don't take too much personally. I'm sure you'll love it here!

LOOL! I have to tell you, I'm a worthy challenger. But I'm totally willing to give up my title of Most-Awkward-Person.

Feminism as I saw it was like: eating disorders are bad. But I forgot that as seen on the internet, feminism is people like that lady who got super triggered at Hugh Mungus (if you watch H3H3!!). SO yeah, I can see why there isn't much welcome space for such a topic. LOL. And I'm so used to MLP fans being our age, that I forget that it's really supposed to be family friendly! I'll just replace my curses with "heckadarn" loool.

Friend, your message gave me a good laugh. :)  really helped kind of ease that anxiety. Thanks a lot! I'm already really enjoying the forums!

6 hours ago, TheTaZe said:

Hi there @starrymiss

I saw your thread and edited it to fit the global guidelines so don't worry about that. If you need me to hide the thread then I can do so if it's causing you any distress. ;)

Anyways, welcome to the forums and just make sure to read the rules! :P

Thank you for fixing it for me and letting me know what I should know! But yeah, if you would hide it for me, I'd feel much appreciation :squee:

Haha! I'll read the rules from now on! Thank you :) 

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, starrymiss said:

Thank you for fixing it for me and letting me know what I should know! But yeah, if you would hide it for me, I'd feel much appreciation :squee:

Haha! I'll read the rules from now on! Thank you :) 

The thread has been hidden. So don't worry too much about that, no user except staff will be able to see it. ;)

• Brohoof 1