Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Infiltrator. 1x1 with Unicorncob

Catpone Cerberus

"That's not actually entirely true." Jenna said carefully "The guest room, if any of your neighbors has paid attention, they have noticed light in there, and if I have understood right, you don't get visitors that often." "It may seems like a minor thing, but if the Viper hears someone mention it, this house will be the first place they check."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver shrugged. "If anyone asks, I'll just tell them I have a relative visiting. No one will be suspicious if they think you're just my cousin or something who needs a place to stay for a while."

He grinned. "Simple, right?"

• Brohoof 1

"Your neighbors don't need to be suspicious." Jenna pointed out  "In fact, it doesn't matter what they think, all that matters is that they mention in wrong company that you don't usually get visitors." "We are talking about someone who has been trained so they can just sneak in and sneak out without people inside knowing anything, so there's no reason for them to not check anything that is unusual in any way." "And because they most likely know the general area I'm hiding in, them finding out, or even already knowing, is not that unlikely."

she put her another hand around Oliver's hand too, looking to his eyes "I know you want to believe and convince me that it's safe, but I know my enemy, and they are intelligent and well trained, there's a reason why everyone who knows about them fears them." she sighed and looked away "I barely survived the seventeen years old Viper who found me thanks to some homeless guy who had happened to walk past the warehouse during a night and thought he heard a ghost when I dropped a piece of metal by accident." "She had overheard him telling about it to someone and she came to check it out."

"I can only imagine what happens if they decide to send an adult."

• Brohoof 1

"A lot of people don't usually get visitors," Oliver pointed out, "so I dunno if it'd be strange enough for them to check it out."

He smiled at her. "Well, I'm not some homeless guy or anything. If anyone asks, you're just a friend who's run into some hard times and staying with me till she gets back on her feet. Believable, right?"

He glanced aside, frowning awkwardly. "Plus it won't feel weird if people don't think we're related."

"You didn't really catch my point." Jenna calmly stated "The point isn't that it's strange, it's that it's not usual." "For example the situation with the homeless guy, the point wasn't that he was homeless, but that it something as nonsensical but common as a ghost sighting that lead to me." "Because think about it, you are looking for someone, you know they are somewhere in a certain area, and then you hear that at the same time the person you're looking for went missing, someone new appeared on the are you know they are in." "Now imagine that you are someone who has been trained for his whole life to find missing people based on small clues like that." she looked Oliver to the eyes again "I don't want to scare you, but there's a reason to be afraid." "I enjoy being with you and can forget my worries when we are together, but as long as Talon stands, we need to be ready for them every moment."

• Brohoof 1

"I'm just saying it couldn't be enough for them to go on," Oliver pointed out. "It's far too vague and it could mean anything. I doubt they'd risk getting it wrong and causing an incident."

He smiled at her. "We just won't make it obvious."

• Brohoof 1

"There's no risk in checking for the Viper, they can either sneak in unnoticed or disguise as someone like a cop and just walk in, they can get fake papers even easier than I, so you couldn't really tell that they're fake." Jenna pointed out again, looking almost sorry when she said it "We are talking about one person here, sure they have the whole Talon behind them, but there's always only one of them after one target, because a group would not only be unnecessary, but also would be rather suspicious." "All I'm asking you is to take the threat seriously, I know you're trying to comfort me, but I know what I am talking about, I have lived under Talon's roof over 19 years after all."

• Brohoof 1

"I am taking it seriously," Oliver assured her, frowning and looking into her eyes. "I'm just trying to help you feel safe. It wouldn't be that easy to find one specific person in such a big city, even if she is a dragon."

• Brohoof 1

"But what if it's not the whole city?" Jenna challenged quietly "But a district, a block, a neighborhood?" "There's cameras everywhere, they have most likely figured out the direction I took, they know I was injured, so they know how far I could go." "After that it's just elimination of possibilities, they know I wouldn't go to police, to a hotel or any public place, they know I wouldn't stay with a human family, because kids are bad at keeping secrets." "That really only leaves few options, abandoned buildings, places like under a bridge, and houses with only one or two adult residents." "First two can be checked quickly, and you can shrink the possibilities of latter with logical guesses."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver frowned and tightened his grip on Jenna's hand to comfort her. "There's so much to check, especially for an individual. And if you can change your appearance, it'll be even easier for you to lose them in a crowded place."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"I can't get you give up can I." Jenna sighed before giving a joyless chuckle  "Maybe your foolish optimism isn't that bad in the end, maybe it's what I like about you." there was no point in continuing with the argument, it was clear Oliver wouldn't understand who they were talking about, she smiled.

Edited by Catpone Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

Oliver blushed and looked away. He didn't think his optimism was so foolish, but if she liked it, he wouldn't complain. "I'm just trying to help you understand there's always a way out of a bad situation."

• Brohoof 1

"It might not be easy," Oliver said, "but it's not impossible. If they ever show up, I'll have a better understanding of what they can do, but for now we're okay."

He smiled at her. "Trust me, I'll protect you."

• Brohoof 1

"I'm hoping you don't need to protect me." Jenna admitted with a awkward smile "I really don't want to be the cause of any harm towards you." "But considering that due the limited space, I may be forced to stay in this form if they come here, I may end up needing you to save me." she rubbed her neck awkwardly.

• Brohoof 1

"I'll be okay," Oliver reassured her with a smile, "I'm sure I can defend myself enough for us to get away if it ever comes to that."

He frowned, then grinned at her. "I'll do my best to save you as well, don't worry."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver blushed and bit his lip. He could tell Jenna meant what she was saying, and he was happy that she had put so much of her trust in him. He just hoped it wasn't misplaced.

He ran his hand gently on her cheek. "I don't wanna lose you either."

• Brohoof 1

Jenna just smiled, before giving a short chuckle and letting out a amused sigh "Who would have ever guessed." she let Oliver's hand free leaving him to decide what to do with it "I knew I was lot more kind than others, but to actually fall in love with a human?" "I never expected it."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver smiled back, his cheeks turning pink as he moved his hand up to stroke Jenna's hair. He was pleasantly surprised by how soft it was.

"It is kinda weird, huh?" he chuckled. "A dragon and a human dating."

• Brohoof 1

"Weird? yes." Jenna said quietly, moving her hand on Oliver's cheek "Wrong? Depends on who you ask." "But in the end, it makes us happy, and really, that's the only thing that matters right?" "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

• Brohoof 1

Oliver nodded, blushing and smiling from Jenna's soft touch. "Yeah, you have a point. As long as it makes us happy, what does it matter, right?"

He awkwardly glanced away for a moment. "Plus we're both of age which helps."

• Brohoof 1

"Well, I was thinking more of what other dragons would think if they found out," Oliver admitted, grinning awkwardly back at Jenna. "I dunno what they'd think of this."

He kept stroking her hair. "Not that I'm put off or anything."

• Brohoof 1

"What it matters what they think?" Jenna asked smiling "They already either want me dead or don't know about my existence, so what does it matter if I break a one more rule." she looked Oliver to the eyes "Besides, what those emotionless monsters know anyways, they don't know what it is like to love."

• Brohoof 1