If FIM does end, will the fandom stop writing fanfiction?

heavens-champion

I don't think that a show ending is going to stop people from writing fanfiction about it. After all, there are still loads of fanfiction about series that have already ended.

I will not stop, so If only one person writes them it will not stop. :) and I am only a dude who lives right behind the back of God, between Mordor and Pooh bear's house.

I am certain, there'll be others.

Edited by Kolombo
  • Brohoof 1

People still make fics derived from works that ended an eternity ago, so I don't expect FIM fics to stop now. In fact, I think we'll see an increase now that they won't have to fear further canon contradiction 

No.    Even when a show ends, fandoms still continue to write, draw and create based off their heart's content.  What it does is keep the spirit of the show alive.

Shows like Star Trek: The Original Series ended long ago, and yet people continue to write, draw, create anything and the spirit of the series lives on to this day.  Other shows I Can name that ended long ago, but still carry their spirit thanks to its fanbase, includes Tiny Toons, Animaniacs(Getting a reboot), Batman the Animated Series, The original Powerpuff Girls, Beavis and Butthead, Dragon Ball(Many fans hold Z as a place in their hearts, and we recently  had Dragon Ball Super), Rocko's Modern Life, Transformers G1, GI-Joe, Duck Tales(Now airing its recent reboot), Rescue Rangers, Gargoyles, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck, and Rugrats to name a few.

The same should be said of My Little Pony.  Just because G4 ends doesn't mean you all should stop writing fanfiction, drawing art, or anything related to Friendship is Magic.  If you still have a passion to do any of these, just keep doing it if it makes you happy.

• Brohoof 1
  • Thanks 1

Not at all. While I've never written Pony fan fiction, I have written Real Ghostbusters fanfic. Just a quick perusal on fanfiction.net shows that many old cartoons still receive this sort of love from its fans. 

5 hours ago, heavens-champion said:

If the show does end, will the fandom stop writing fanfiction?

I moved this to the fandom section since it is focusing on fandom activity more than discussion specific to the show.

There's actually a large probability that after a series finale, fanfic writers (and comic artists) would want to explore what happens next and FiM followers would want to know more about the characters.

If anything, I think a series finale opens up the opportunity for fanfics to explode, especially with a cast of characters as wide as FiM's.

No absolutely not.

Many shows that have ended still have huge fanbases and Fanfictions being written about them.

Another thing I want to point out, some fanfic writers like to write Alternative Universes with My Little Pony characters(Case in point: Fallout Equestria).  I may consider doing one myself that is a nod to Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Fallout and the Logan Movie.

You all are right! Many fandom has finished and they are still fanfics, I won't say examples, a lot of ponies did before me.

I suppose, the end might give a burst to writing again, because the canon rampage won't be a threat anymore.

I expect that the fandom will absorb the G5 in itself, just like it did with EQG.

It'll keep going for a good long while. As others have said, many series that ended ages ago still have people writing fanfics for them, and I'm pretty sure I will keep on writing it as well.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...