Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Life in Canterlot Castle

Lucid_Nightlight

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"That is true, only a fool bites the feeding paws, so why are you biting them now? Sure, the paws are now hooves in this instance, but it's to the same concept. You being unable to survive out there on your own is the hole and the ponies giving you the treasury to stay in and the free food are the cats. Then there is you having treating ponies poorly, you are biting the feeding paws."

He thought for a moment.

"I could also say that the life you stay in is the hole and the ponies trying to help you are the cats. Your refusal to consider this is also biting the feeding paws. You are biting not just one, but two feeding paws."

If there was one thing Somnus was amazing at, it was using metaphors to prove his point.

"I'm not" Ruby simply argued "If me being myself is biting the feeding hoof, then I don't know if I want to not bite it." she continued without giving Somnus time to reply "And let's fix the misconception that I need you to survive, I survive perfectly alone, I just eliminate one threat by being allied with you." she gave a joyless laugh "And the free food and place to stay was actually fully your princesses suggestions, sure it's nice thing to have, and I wouldn't necessary be here if they weren't a thing, but they were fully Celestia's invention to eliminate any risks." 

Ruby seemed to be getting annoyed, but it wasn't at Somnus, it was at what she said "Ponies constantly tell me that I'm the one who needs to accept ponies, I'm the one that has to change, but nobody is looking at themselves." she looked at Somnus "Why would I change anything about myself when every time I enter a room with ponies who have heard about me being a dragon, the room get's filled with the scent of fear and suspicion." "Without them ever meeting me before." "Why would act like I like company, when the company doesn't like me."

Edited by Catpone Cerberus

1 hour ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I'm not" Ruby simply argued "If me being myself is biting the feeding hoof, then I don't know if I want to not bite it." she continued without giving Somnus time to reply "And let's fix the misconception that I need you to survive, I survive perfectly alone, I just eliminate one threat by being allied with you." she gave a joyless laugh "And the free food and place to stay was actually fully your princesses suggestions, sure it's nice thing to have, and I wouldn't necessary be here if they weren't a thing, but they were fully Celestia's invention to eliminate any risks." 

Ruby seemed to be getting annoyed, but it wasn't at Somnus, it was at what she said "Ponies constantly tell me that I'm the one who needs to accept ponies, I'm the one that has to change, but nobody is looking at themselves." she looked at Somnus "Why would I change anything about myself when every time I enter a room with ponies who have heard about me being a dragon, the room get's filled with the scent of fear and suspicion." "Without them ever meeting me before." "Why would act like I like company, when the company doesn't like me."

Somnus looked at the ground. He knew what Ruby was feeling.

"When Nightmare Moon was defeated, the solar guards were afraid of me. They associated me with Nightmare Moon. They thought I'd snap at any moment. This went on for 200 years. One day this guard went up to me and askes why I was so bitter towards others. I told her why and she simply told me to prove them wrong and that I let a lable define who I was. After that, I started being nice to others and over time, they started to trust me."

He looked back up at Ruby.

"Now let me ask you, are you going to let such a lable define you or are you going to prove them wrong?"

-----------------------------------------------

2 hours ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

As she heard why he wanted to be off duty, the mare laughed a little. She was finding him adorable trying to hit on every guard, and making no exception for his own Captain. "Permission granted, you're off duty for the night. So what do you have in mind, Romeo?" she asked with a smug face, eager to know what he reserved for his own Captain.

Usually this would be easy for Arrow, but this time... he had trouble. It seemed that this one was different. Anyone with a little sense could notice this.

"Well... I..."

He had nothing.

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Usually this would be easy for Arrow, but this time... he had trouble. It seemed that this one was different. Anyone with a little sense could notice this.

"Well... I..."

He had nothing.

"Well?" Raising an eyebrow with a smug smirk, Rose waited. "What's the matter, Romeo? Caught you off-guard?" This pun wasn't intended, but hey, it's accurate to the situation, so why not take it?

Edited by Emperor Blu Traincrown

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus looked at the ground. He knew what Ruby was feeling.

"When Nightmare Moon was defeated, the solar guards were afraid of me. They associated me with Nightmare Moon. They thought I'd snap at any moment. This went on for 200 years. One day this guard went up to me and askes why I was so bitter towards others. I told her why and she simply told me to prove them wrong and that I let a lable define who I was. After that, I started being nice to others and over time, they started to trust me."

He looked back up at Ruby.

"Now let me ask you, are you going to let such a lable define you or are you going to prove them wrong?"

"I have already, several times." Ruby claimed "I don't remember killing anypony, stealing anything, or betraying anypony." she continued "And if me not following your ridiculous rules you call manners scares a pony, i think they are the one with the problem." "I won't start lying and blindly bowing to titles." she looked forwards "It's kind of ironic that species so big on friendship isn't ready to make compromises, I have already made some." she the shrugged "I know it will end eventually, enough generations pass and the dragon-fear will, disappear, I have time." "And in the end, the problem is in your end, I'm just fine with staying on my own."

22 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"I have already, several times." Ruby claimed "I don't remember killing anypony, stealing anything, or betraying anypony." she continued "And if me not following your ridiculous rules you call manners scares a pony, i think they are the one with the problem." "I won't start lying and blindly bowing to titles." she looked forwards "It's kind of ironic that species so big on friendship isn't ready to make compromises, I have already made some." she the shrugged "I know it will end eventually, enough generations pass and the dragon-fear will, disappear, I have time." "And in the end, the problem is in your end, I'm just fine with staying on my own."

"So despite any efforts, they still fear you. Allow me to tell you this, I don't fear you. In fact, I really care about you. I'm more than willing to make compromises with you and maybe we can get everyone else to do the same. Tell me, what compromises are you looking for?"

41 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Well?" Raising an eyebrow with a smug smirk, Rose waited. "What's the matter, Romeo? Caught you off-guard?" This pun wasn't intended, hey, it's accurate to the situation, so why not take it?

This was really hard for him. Was he being genuine this time?

"D-do want to go some place with me?"

That was all he could get out.

2 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

This was really hard for him. Was he being genuine this time?

"D-do want to go some place with me?"

That was all he could get out.

"Sure thing, lead the way. Where shall we go?" Rose asked, getting a hunch that he didn't have the slightest idea of where to go, but decided to pretend  not to notice that detail and to play the gullible mare. She wanted to see how far he could "handle" this. However, something started to grow in the mare, as she found him, Arrow, the pony known to hit on every Guard, cute. B-but only cute, right?

12 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"So despite any efforts, they still fear you. Allow me to tell you this, I don't fear you. In fact, I really care about you. I'm more than willing to make compromises with you and maybe we can get everyone else to do the same. Tell me, what compromises are you looking for?"

"Like I have said earlier, I'm fully aware you don't fear me, even if I weren't able to smell fear, I'm not stupid enough to think that someone who leaves alone with me without any protection fears me." Ruby reminded "And what compromise I'm looking for?" "I have said it already several times, you ponies need to understand that I'm not a pony." "I won't follow some of your manners, for example, I won't give special respect to someone only because they have a word attached to their names." "And even in the slight change that I can feel attraction needed for friendship or even love, it won't be the same thing to what you consider as friendship and love." "Same goes for everything else too."

14 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Like I have said earlier, I'm fully aware you don't fear me, even if I weren't able to smell fear, I'm not stupid enough to think that someone who leaves alone with me without any protection fears me." Ruby reminded "And what compromise I'm looking for?" "I have said it already several times, you ponies need to understand that I'm not a pony." "I won't follow some of your manners, for example, I won't give special respect to someone only because they have a word attached to their names." "And even in the slight change that I can feel attraction needed for friendship or even love, it won't be the same thing to what you consider as friendship and love." "Same goes for everything else too."

"That's all? That's pretty fair. I'm still going to show you around Canerlot, and introduce you to some things you've never tried. Trying new things won't change who you are."

----------------------------------------------

51 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Sure thing, lead the way. Where shall we go?" Rose asked, getting a hunch that he didn't have the slightest idea of where to go, but decided to pretend  not to notice that detail and to play the gullible mare. She wanted to see how far he could "handle" this. However, something started to grow in the mare, as she found him, Arrow, the pony known to hit on every Guard, cute. B-but only cute, right?

Arrow thought for a moment. Where could she take this mare? Then he had idea that could make him not look like an idiot.

"I'll let you choose so that you can go where you want."

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow thought for a moment. Where could he take this mare? Then he had idea that could make him not look like an idiot.

"I'll let you choose so that you can go where you want."

Giving up already huh? Works for her. Unlike Arrow, Rose had an idea of where they could go.

"We maybe could go to the Tasty Treat if you're hungry."

"That's all? That's pretty fair. I'm still going to show you around Canerlot, and introduce you to some things you've never tried. Trying new things won't change who you are."

"Rest of your kind seems to disagree." Ruby said shrugging "Especially on the manners part." "But like I said earlier, go ahead, show me why I it was a good thing to leave the treasury, since I'm still far from convinced." "Just do it before the analgesic ceases its effect, whenever that is."

20 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

"Rest of your kind seems to disagree." Ruby said shrugging "Especially on the manners part." "But like I said earlier, go ahead, show me why I it was a good thing to leave the treasury, since I'm still far from convinced." "Just do it before the analgesic ceases its effect, whenever that is."

Somnus stopped when they reached the fountain. He then gave Ruby a bottle of dish soap.

"I'm sure you already know what to do."

The bat pony dumped an entire bottle into the fountain.

"Let's see if we can get this thing to overflow with bubbles! It'll take forever for the maintance ponies to fix it!"

-------------------------------------------------------

33 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

Giving up already huh? Works for her. Unlike Arrow, Rose had an idea of where they could go.

"We maybe could go to the Tasty Treat if you're hungry."

It sounded like a good idea to him. Besides, it wasn't like he had an idea.

"Sure, that sounds pretty nice. Now the question is... walk or teleport?"

1 minute ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

It sounded like a good idea to him. Besides, it wasn't like he had an idea.

"Sure, that sounds pretty nice. Now the question is... walk or teleport?"

"Honestly, I'm fine with walking. Because you know, I like how Canterlot looks like by night. But if you wanna teleport, that's okay."

4 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Somnus stopped when they reached the fountain. He then gave Ruby a bottle of dish soap.

"I'm sure you already know what to do."

The bat pony dumped an entire bottle into the fountain.

"Let's see if we can get this thing to overflow with bubbles! It'll take forever for the maintance ponies to fix it!"

Ruby wasn't sure about the amusement factor on this since soap water sounded kind of boring, and mere inconvenience didn't entertain her as much as pony getting hit with a stick did, but she didn't see the reason to not join Somnus in this one.  She simply poured the soap into the fountain.

(edited)
12 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby wasn't sure about the amusement factor on this since soap water sounded kind of boring, and mere inconvenience didn't entertain her as much as pony getting hit with a stick did, but she didn't see the reason to not join Somnus in this one.  She simply poured the soap into the fountain.

As the two poured soap into the fountain, it started to overflow with bubbles. It wasn't too long until a random pony walked by, slipped, and then fell into the fountain. It was amazing!

"There goes one pony!"

---------------------------------------------------------

25 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"Honestly, I'm fine with walking. Because you know, I like how Canterlot looks like by night. But if you wanna teleport, that's okay."

Arrow charged up a teleport spell. When they teleported, Rose was safely on the ground while Arrow would end up 10 feet off the ground and land right infront of her. Despite that, Arrow simply stood right back up perfectly fine.

"Well, we're here."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

4 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow charged up a teleport spell. When they teleported, Rose was safely on the ground while Arrow would end up 10 feet off the ground and land right infront of her. Despite that, Arrow simply stood right back up perfectly fine.

"Well, we're here."

As Rose saw the Tasty Treat restaurant in front of her, her belly automatically started to growl, clearly approving her choice. And she was surprised Arrow fell from that high without getting hurt. This stallion surely was well trained! 

"We shall enter then."

8 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

As the two poured soap into the fountain, it started to overflow with bubbles. It wasn't too long until a random pony walked by, slipped, and then fell into the fountain. It was amazing!

"There goes one pony!"

Ruby smirked at the sight of a falling pony, somehow the knowledge that most ponies around here were rich made it more amusing, but what she was really waiting for was the reaction, because if there wasn't amusing reactions, the whole thing would get boring pretty quick. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby smirked at the sight of a falling pony, somehow the knowledge that most ponies around here were rich made it more amusing, but what she was really waiting for was the reaction, because if there wasn't amusing reactions, the whole thing would get boring pretty quick. 

The random pony started to get angry.

"You little *****! Don't make me come over there you ******* donkey!"

Now Somnus was laughing hard. This was just brilliant.

---------------------------------------------

14 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

As Rose saw the Tasty Treat restaurant in front of her, her belly automatically started to growl, clearly approving her choice. And she was surprised Arrow fell from that high without getting hurt. This stallion surely was well trained! 

"We shall enter then."

Arrow has never been to this place before, so it was pretty new to him. He simply followed her in.

"So, what type of place is this?"

1 minute ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

Arrow has never been to this place before, so it was pretty new to him. He simply followed her in.

"So, what type of place is this?"

"This is a restaurant known for its oriental dishes. And I can tell I'm a regular customer there~!"

15 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The random pony started to get angry.

"You little *****! Don't make me come over there you ******* donkey!"

Now Somnus was laughing hard. This was just brilliant.

Ruby's pleased smirk widened "It's always amusing when ponies call me little or small." or when old ponies call her young, her being bigger and older than any of them, besides princesses and Somnus of course. She didn't laugh though, but it wasn't because it wasn't amusing, but because it was something she only used in conversations, because laughing was one of those things that was mostly a pony thing.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"This is a restaurant known for its oriental dishes. And I can tell I'm a regular customer there~!"

The unicorn looked at Rose, he considered her a really pretty mare. Since he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, he bumped right into an empty table.

"Found a table."

----------------------------------------------------------

3 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

Ruby's pleased smirk widened "It's always amusing when ponies call me little or small." or when old ponies call her young, her being bigger and older than any of them, besides princesses and Somnus of course. She didn't laugh though, but it wasn't because it wasn't amusing, but because it was something she only used in conversations, because laughing was one of those things that was mostly a pony thing.

He looked up at Ruby and noticed the smirk. It seems they had something in common. Ponies getting hurt and then angry was something they both enjoyed.

"Having fun yet?"

@Lucid_Nightlight
"It's amusing." Ruby admitted "But I can see it getting old pretty quickly." "After all, it's just ponies falling and getting mad." "But isn't that case with all entertainment, everything gets boring at some point, but I can see myself getting some amusement out of this for some time depending on the amount of ponies."

12 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

The unicorn looked at Rose, he considered her a really pretty mare. Since he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, he bumped right into an empty table.

"Found a table."

As Rose saw the clumsy Unicorn bump into an empty table, she put her hoof to her mouth while making a small but cute giggle. He was charming in his own way, and that pleased the mare. 

"You have an original way to find a table, heh~"

(edited)
23 minutes ago, Catpone Cerberus said:

@Lucid_Nightlight
"It's amusing." Ruby admitted "But I can see it getting old pretty quickly." "After all, it's just ponies falling and getting mad." "But isn't that case with all entertainment, everything gets boring at some point, but I can see myself getting some amusement out of this for some time depending on the amount of ponies."

A unicorn in a blue uniform walked up to the two.

"You and your girlfriend here need to stop. Before I write you both a ticket."

"I'm not afraid of a tic-"

"We're not dating at the moment."

"Whatever, just don't let it happen again."

The unicorn walked off.

"So, wanna find a large crowed and throw some eggs at ponies?"

-----------------------------------------

17 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

As Rose saw the clumsy Unicorn bump into an empty table, she put her hoof to her mouth while making a small but cute giggle. He was charming in his own way, and that pleased the mare. 

"You have an original way to find a table, heh~"

He sat down at the table and looked at the menu.

"So, what can I get you two?"

Having no idea what anything there was...

"Just get me whatever I guess."

"And for the mare?"

He sat down at the table and looked at the menu.

"So, what can I get you two?"

Having no idea what anything there was...

"Just get me whatever I guess."

"And for the mare?"

"I think a Chili con Carne will do for me. And please go rough on the spice, I like it when it's very spicy~"

4 minutes ago, Emperor Blu Traincrown said:

"I think a Chili con Carne will do for me. And please go rough on the spice, I like it when it's very spicy~"

It didn't take long for the waiter to come back with the food. It seems they got Arrow the same thing as her.

He downed his plate pretty fast. Then he froze for a second.

"SPICY!"

He ran to a nearby mop bucket and dunked his head in it.