Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tips For Creating Pony-Based Signatures?

NeverNeverland

I've been no stranger to basic signature making, but what I wanna work on is my first ever pony sig. And after a bit of planning out, I've come into some artist's block - all the sigs I've done were done based on Heavy Metal album covers, and thus I'm left clueless.

I'd like some general advice on what to do. Any things to add to it, what can make a pony signature good, any tips that you could offer would be great.

Generally what's done is getting either the General Zoi version of a pony, a hand drawn version, or a vector from the MLP Vector Club DeviantART group, then putting their name down (or a quote) next to it in text, and lastly finding a picture that matches the general color of the pony and looks nice in design and sticking it behind everything. To make it look better you can add multiple vectors and have some larger behind one of them with 50%-80% opacity.

I heard from a very witty, handsome, and reliable source that wears a bow tie and fez and has a name that rhymes with Proctor Specs-sizzle that having a signature that involves Trixie being beaten up or attacked in any way gets $5 from me.

• Brohoof 1

I often use BG's from the show of places that are relevant to the characters being used. Fluttershy's house for Fluttershy, the night sky for Luna or Nightmare moon, the sky or Cloudsdale for RD, etc.

(edited)

I use quite a bit of brushes. Usually I like to base any pony graphic I make off of some element of their personality, interests, physical appearance/qualities, or individual experiences.

Also, I like to use brushes. Lots of brushes (dunno if I mentioned that).

Edited by Vexx3
  • Brohoof 1