Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Illiad Easle, Writer, RPer, and recently returned Missionary, Anything!

Illiad Easle

Hey guys!

For those of you who knew me, I took a few years break from the forums. Well, this is what I was doing, AKA The rock I was living under for the last two years.

From the 11th of October 2016 to the 24th of September 2018 I was in Chihuahua Mexico as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I spent that time visiting people in their homes and on the street, helping them come to know and understand what we as members of the church believe, as well as help those interested prepare to be a part of that church.

I decided that upon returning to the forums I-d let you all ask about it if you want, as well as allow those who don-t know me to get to know about me, my characters, and my experience in RolePlay, Writing, Editing, and public comunication without confrontation.

So, as the title says, Ask Me Anything!

@@Blitz Boom

Well, this actually got started a bit faster than last time.

It was a very interesting and educational experience, being in a whole other country, another language, other culture. Really the biggest thing I learned is that people really are very much the same in all parts of the world. Nations may be better or worse than others, but people are the same. I also now really like Mexican food, especially chipotle peppers.

Getting back to life here is very interesting, there are so many things that are the same, but at the same time so much that has changed. Really it's a bit of a struggle to get used to everything again, but getting back to the normal things is really helping out.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, wow. I kind of envy you for your travel and experiences.

Let's see, work-related... did you experience hostility during your work? If so, how did you deal with it?

@@Quinch

First off, thank you. It certainly isn't for everyone, but I would highly recommend it to anyone interested.

As to hostility, I was never in any physical danger, no threats or anything nor muggings. But in regards to other forms... Really the people were, in general, very nice about it. We of course had tons of people who simply weren't interested in our message, and most would let us know either right off the bat or we would realize it in the subsequent visit or lack thereof.

There was, on occasion, those who seemed more hostile to our message, but in my experience it was nothing more than insults to said message and my person, neither of which could really affect me because first; I know for myself, thus the words of a stranger aren't going to change my mind, and second, they don't know me, thus can't really say anything against my character or who I am.

How I dealt with it is really like I said above, I don't let peoples thoughts about me affect me, unless they're someone I care the opinion of (Which honestly is a short list). I would just move on, if they didn't want it then I would keep looking till I found someone who did.