Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Finale Speculation: The Student 6 and the auras...

Ashen Pathfinder

Is the season 8 finale "School Raze" hinting at something in the future regarding the Student 6? I have a feeling that is a distinct possibility; thanks to this scene from the finale:

Note: Image has been spoilered

Spoiler

1819212__safe_screencap_cozy+glow_gallus

Look at that! The Tree of Harmony saves the Student 6 (and Starlight) from the vortex, and they each have a distinct glow reminiscent of the colors of the Elements of Harmony. From the looks of it (and the screenshot is less than ideal for this...):

Twilight Sparkle - Gallus
Pinkie Pie - Silverstrem
Applejack - Yona
Rainbow Dash - Smolder
Fluttershy - Ocellus
Rarity - Sandbar

Of course the students are too young to take on such a mantle just yet and the Mane 6 are more than capable right now, but the Tree of Harmony took a special interest in this group in "What Lies Beneath" and it seems to me that they have an important part to play in the future. While the Elegamt of Magic being linked with Gallus might seem strange; he does seem to have the best potential for leadership, which I think is what the Element of Magic (or Pillar of Sorcery) mostly represents.

What do you think? Am I thinking too much into this?

The Tree of Harmony testing the Student Six in 'What Lies Beneath' makes more sense now that we've seen the finale. The tree knew that something was going to happen in the future and so it set a plan in motion that would prepare the six for what was to come. Had they failed their tests, they wouldn't have been able to stop Cozy Glow's plan as they would've lacked that certain quality that the Mane Six possess... namely, having a strong bond of friendship. Perhaps in season nine, more will become clear and the Student Six will become the successors to Twilight and company. This isn't necessarily a positive thing though given how the fandom is divided when it comes to the Student Six.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Is the season 8 finale "School Raze" hinting at something in the future regarding the Student 6? I have a feeling that is a distinct possibility; thanks to this scene from the finale:

Note: Image has been spoilered

Hide contents

1819212__safe_screencap_cozy+glow_gallus

Look at that! The Tree of Harmony saves the Student 6 (and Starlight) from the vortex, and they each have a distinct glow reminiscent of the colors of the Elements of Harmony. From the looks of it (and the screenshot is less than ideal for this...):

Twilight Sparkle - Gallus
Pinkie Pie - Silverstrem
Applejack - Yona
Rainbow Dash - Smolder
Fluttershy - Ocellus
Rarity - Sandbar

Of course the students are too young to take on such a mantle just yet and the Mane 6 are more than capable right now, but the Tree of Harmony took a special interest in this group in "What Lies Beneath" and it seems to me that they have an important part to play in the future. While the Elegamt of Magic being linked with Gallus might seem strange; he does seem to have the best potential for leadership, which I think is what the Element of Magic (or Pillar of Sorcery) mostly represents.

What do you think? Am I thinking too much into this?

Interesting theory. Definitely one of the better ones I heard

• Brohoof 1

That's a really interesting theory you have PathfinderCS, I read somewhere that some people think the auras the young 6 gave off are new elements, but I don't know if that's true or not, still an interesting thought to have. To be honest I always thought the young 6's elements were exactly what you said, but for reason I think Sandbar's element might be loyalty since his test involved seeing how loyal he is to his friends, and I thought Smolder's element would be honesty since she was honest about liking cute things and being a dragon. I could be wrong though lol

Edited by MLPFanatic34

Inb4 creatures in ToH domain can only have a limited array of aura colors, most of which correspond with EoH. A substantial supply of bodies able to serve as Bearers is indeed a fine strategy.

22zq01.thumb.jpg.1dc710ce3e103ae9b87c9f0b56c5ee0a.jpg

Anyhow, we cannot know it if will come into play. The answer to this question does not depend on the whims of our glorious writers. What other road can these poor bastards create?