Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff An Odyssey Home

Jeric

Back in May if 2015 I was made an Admin. My first staff hire was for A young and talent individual named @Odyssey 

I saw something in her back then. A gentleness and intelligence, and a longing to be a part of something. She had taken on being a Sectional in the art areas on MLPF. Her sound judgement and mannerisms endeared her to the entire staff and she was a rising star in the community. Life’s journey sometimes requires us to step away though. Just as I did, and others have, Ody had to leave staff. 

Her return was something of a surprise. Pleasant to be sure. She was instantly welcomed back on staff with open arms, but what we found in Ody was something of a new person. Time can be a fickle thing. It can age you into bitter shell. Not her. Confidence and wit found a home with her and she made these traits hers. Seeing her chime in and participate has been a great reminder to me that we all grow and change, and sometimes that growth leads to something remarkable. 

It brings me great pleasure to welcome Ody as our new Global Moderator of Beyond Equestria. She will work closely with @Venomous and @Creamy Arty in making sure BE stays the general purpose communal environment to make friends and memories. 

Congrats Ody. Welcome home! 

• Brohoof 10

1247162__safe_screencap_gabby_the+fault+

When I left the site initially, I made the promise to myself to find different sites where I can express myself more and not feel much of a burden of being a well-known user. Starting off fresh ya know? And while I hardened myself against confronting things and became more of a confident person, I really haven't found a place to call an "internet home." Many sites have different attitudes to them whether they're good attitudes or bad, but generally speaking I couldn't really settle in one place, all because I often felt the community isn't just for me. I suppose I'm just too much of a serious person in some ways, lol

It has taken me a bit of deciding whether I wanted to go back to MLPF or not, but I just went with it in the end because, well, this really is the place for me after all. Never have I met another welcoming and energetic community ever, I would be really hard-pressed to find another one like MLPF. Users come up to you and say hello, and next thing you know it, you have made a potential friend for life. I really appreciate the energy this community has going, even still after when things seemingly have died down over the last 3 years. And I certainly don't regret coming back to here, and onto the staff. You guys in particular I really appreciate most. Hard working on the job, yet still relaxed to have bit of fun and hold events. This staff is truly one of a kind, and that's why I probably came back in the first place.

Looking forward to my new role as a Global Moderator. I hope to do my best. :)

• Brohoof 5

Ody is now wearing the best nickname color available on site.

And also posing a formidable competition. I must get rid of her become besties with her. Y'know, keep your friends close yadda yadda.

2 minutes ago, Passion said:

Ody is now wearing the best nickname color available on site.

And also posing a formidable competition. I must get rid of her become besties with her. Y'know, keep your friends close yadda yadda.

The quote also usually ends off with "but keep your enemies closer." Seeing that we'll never come to an agreement on Pokemon, I think you and me will be best frenemies ever instead. :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

Congratulations to you Ody. Hope you will have fun with your new role here.

I will remind you with a line that Jeric gave me way back. Being a mod is not work, it's an adventure. ;)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...