Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Songs That Fit MLP Characters?

Akemi Homura

So I was checking out Gran Turismo 2 music (it's a video game for the PS1) and thought, "My, these fit each of the Mane 6 quite well...", so I decided to put in a "pose" for each of the Mane 6 and the song which I listened for all of them. Hopefully you'll feel the same way! You can discuss it by picking out songs and getting a Mane 6 pony picture and placing it here, with the song at hand.

Applejack

This song has a very... American feeling to it, much like Applejack's own identification. Of course, while it's not canon that Applejack is "American", the accent very much implies so.

Rainbow Dash

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G5-WjumJTs

This song has a sort of arrogant, cocky, and competitive vibe to it, much like RD herself.

Twilight Sparkle

This tune gives you a sense of relaxation, and sounds peaceful, much like the Element of Magic would bring about. Like recognizing harmony, it calms your spirit.

Rarity

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrKWCTrZMgs

This tune is a little more unique than the others. Rarity, being perhaps the most complex characters in the show, fits well with some of her more "upbeat" traits. The tune itself signifies high class, but also commendable strength, much like Rarity herself. She is beautiful and lady-like, but isn't afraid to get her hooves dirty.

Fluttershy

Like the tune here, Fluttershy is a peaceful, calm, and kind-hearted pony.

Pinkie Pie

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=FupkLZwZmHE

Oh, this tune is filled with silly, just like the lovely pink mare above. Like herself, the tune is very upbeat, and even sounds random and silly at times.

C/P the links onto your address bar to listen to the songs. I'm apparently only allowed to post a few media files per post.

Fluttershy = something peaceful like an Enya song. Since I only one of one Enya song, I'll say Orinoco Flow.

Rarity = Diamonds are Forever (original James Bond theme, not that Kanye West song)

Twilight Sparkle = something classical, so I'll go with Canon in D by Pachabel since it's my favorite classical piece

Rainbow Dash = This Fire Burns by Killswitch Engage because I like it, it's adrenaline-filled, and talks about passion and burning and fire.

Pinkie Pie = something upbeat, repetitive, and easy to dance to, so a Vengaboys song. Like the one from the classic Six Flags commercial

Applejack = man I despise country so I'll just pick a country song I know for kicks. Red Solo Cup by Toby Keith?

Alright, I have.....

Twilight Sparkle:

Something I remembered hearing while mah brother was playing Sonic Colors back in December '10. I managed to remember its name, and it sounded pretty nice and elegant (For mah tastes), but also fast-paced and energetic at the same time. It sounded most fitting for Twi, at least, so here it is.

Applejack:

I found this last year, around the time I discovered Rooster Teeth. This came from the first video I ever saw from them, which was basically an episode of Red vs. Blue in which Tex kicks the asses of the other guys (I can't remember all of their names exactly, the only one I remember is Caboose and he wasn't even in the fight. He was in a control room of some sort :P). Also, not too Southern Southern (Which I consider anything east of Texas), more or less Western Southern (Even though Applejack lives in an area comparable to the eastern half of the US), but since it is a form of Southern (Remember, this is Southwestern, unlike the Northwest, which is mostly mountains and some plateaus), I must consider it one of her theme's (I can probably find a more fitting theme soon, since this sound more like a fighting them more than anything :))

I would do the other 4, but I'd rather have the video linked anyways instead of having to copy and paste it down (Since the forums only allows 2 links :(), so I'll wait 'till someone posts after me :)

• Brohoof 2

Actually, there are some themes out there I think made by a guy called AcousticBrony (I think someone mentioned him already). Those themes fit way more, and they're original, which makes them better :)

(edited)

Oh, how I love it when nostalgia mixes with ponies, such a heavenly concoction with endless possibilities~

I've been playing this classic recently, and I've been thinking, hearing it many, many times ever since I was just a little colt, I've come to the conclusion that this sounds like a perfect tune for Pinkie Pie. Firstly, it's just so energetic and upbeat, who couldn't imagine Pinkie jumping all over the place happily and joyfully? I know I can.

(FYI, the reason I used the one from the GBA remake is that it's because that's the one that I grew up with.)

EDIT: facepalm for referring to myself as a filly.... –_–

Edited by One Reliable Gamer (NF160)
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Free" by Chris Madin, for 'Sonic Free Riders' for Rainbow Dash

This song reeks of freedom, adrenaline and the feeling of unstoppable speed. Sonic and Rainbow share this love in a few similar ways in general, but this song in-particular I feel works very well for Dash.

What would it feel like to be speeding light

And move the night and day

Watch as it passes by you, the masses try you

But they just can’t keep up

Into the free, into the me

Into the ever knowing

Felt so refrained, felt so constrained

But now I’m breaking out and

I’m falling free in the wind, in the wind

Free to be me in the wind, in the wind

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRHiFJblTX0[/media]

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Minus the lyrics of this song, this would work in some ways for Applejack :), more or less some sort of energitic theme

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1waZqWs7Jw[/media]

Well, it looks like that top song will no longer come in handy. As of a few days ago, I was lucky enough to go to the "Rate a Song" thread, and Marbles (I believe that's his name) had this song waiting for me to review

:P

Now all I can think about is Applejack thanks to this song and mah avatar. If this song helped so much, I might as well call this the unofficial theme for her (Just cahmge the lyrics around to center around Applejack, and you're good to go). As for the other Mane 5, well, I don't have any songs as of yet :mellow:. I guess I just focus on AJ too much

Edited by TARmighty21

(edited)

Funny that you mention this, as this idea has been swirling around my head for the longest of times. A list of characters/events in or related to the show.

Luna: Power by Kanye West

Celestia: Cult of Personality by Living Colour

Discord: Sympathy for the Devil by The Rolling Stones

Rarity/Spike: Kiss from a Rose by Seal

Changlings: Children of the Elder God by Poets of the Fall

Rainbow Dash: Shoot to Thrill by ACDC

Discovering Equstria: Arrival to Earth by Steve Jablonsky

Fluttershy: No Rain by Blind Melon

The Mane 6: The Avengers by Alan Silvestri

Bronies: Human Beings (with Orchestra Opening) by Van Halen

Edited by beefstew00
  • Brohoof 1

Really funny how you bring this topic, as this idea has been swirling in my head for so long now. I think you're gonna like this, though it's more so a list of various characters/events in the show.

Luna: Power by Kanye West

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.c...></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.c...n_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

All I can think of whenever I hear "Power" is Saints Row: The Third :P

(edited)

Oh, oh! I got some!

Rainbow Dash: Thrice - The Melting Point of Wax

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk3Y_HBK9jA

This song is quite punky, and punk rock is perfect for Dashie. Plus, it's also referencing the story of Icarus, which of course has to do with flying.

Twilight Sparkle: Linkin Park - Roads Untraveled

www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFiNlLt8sJw

Roads Untraveled is an electronic rock song, so in my opinion it fits with her. It's also about friendship and stuff, so yep. :P

Fluttershy: Moving Mountains - The Earth and the Sun

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnVgqD_FBd4

I chose something ambient for Fluttershy since she seems like the kinda character to have an ambient theme song. :3

Pinkie Pie: Andrew WK - Party Hard

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WccfbPQNMbg

Need I say why? :lol:

Applejack: Thrice - Come All You Weary

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzNSaxZqw24

It's the only country-ish song I could find, okay?

Rarity: Pendulum - The Island

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGow4nmYkkA

I figured that Rarity would need something poppy, so I just went with the poppiest song I can actually stand, which is this housey Pendulum song. :P

Edited by <letterONE>

Celestia: Cult of Personality by Living Colour

Rarity/Spike: Kiss from a Rose by Seal

Changlings: Children of the Elder God by Poets of the Fall

Yay I know these songs! And Celestia = CM Punk. Awesome.

Also new idea for Pinkie Pie's song

Yeah, for Rainbow Dash, since she's pretty similar to Sonic, any Sonic theme song would fit for her.

For Pinkie Pie, I would say LMFAO would pretty much fit.

• 2 weeks later...

:D

Princess Celestia:

'Cause she has power over everything in Equestria ;)

Ooo! I got the perfect song for Rainbow Dash :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqcyrBM0MpQ

If any of you have ever been on Top Thrill Dragster, you probably know that this song plays in the station for it. If not, well, TTD goes VERY fast, so it seems only fitting :)