Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Songs That Fit MLP Characters?

Akemi Homura

• 6 months later...

I have found a couple both of which i have made PMV videos for:

Luna was my first. Monster you made by Pop Evil and Fluttershy has the other with Believe by Stained

I have been trying to find modern rock/alternative songs but i have not been able to find them.

And I'm trying to avoid Nickelback for Rarity lol

Maybe someone else has a suggestion.

I thought about that song for Applejack as well (im just not into country as much anymore) but i could work with it sometime

Edited by Argumedies

do you have any songs that remind you of the ponies?

I do, but i associate different genres to each pony, Which means my music library has a Mane6 folder with these folders within:
  • FlutterShy : Accapella & Low bpm
  • Pinkie Pie : Rave & Dubstep
  • Rainbow Dash : Drumstep & Glitch
  • Apple Jack : Voice samples & Remixed Country 
  • Rarity : Lounge & AfterSki
  • Twilight Sparkle : Favorites & MLP FiM
    mlfw8302_huge.png
  • Leaves 1

Sorry, but I feel like that's a horrible representation for Fluttershy.

This is closer, but not quite accurate, either.

Fluttershy should be a clean combination of soft, sweet and timid, my opinion. The song above has soft and sweet. Lacks timid.

Heavy bass doesn't fit ANY of the mane6. (I'm assuming bass is that low, vibrating value in a sound)

Edited by Sunset Spark
  • Leaves 1

Pinkie Pie - Twist and Shout by The Beatles

Rainbow Dash - Punk Rock 101 by Bowling For Soup

Twilight Sparkle -  Magic Battle from the Negima?! OST

Rarity - Trepak by Tchaikovsky

Fluttershy - Vanilla Twilight by Owl City

Applejack - Not Afraid by Eminem

Trixie - Break by Three Days Grace

Princess Celestia - Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles (Nothing else really fits. :P)

Princess Luna - Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival

Princess Cadence - All You Need Is Love by The Beatles

Zecora - Shadow Of The Day by Linkin Park

Edited by Keypassion
  • Leaves 1

Well if your going to cover a veriaty of music i have thought of this song for Rainbow Dash

Its Phil Collins True Colors and i think this would make a great PMV for her "softer" side that she shows every now and then.

I wanted to make a to make a topic like this, but i wasn't sure on how to go about doing it lol
2nd.... THANK YOU FOR INTRODUCING ME TO SUCH A BEAUTIFUL BAND/SONG

Fluttershy:

(Extreme - more than words)

And finally here's my song match up

Fluttershy -

(Might I also note this is off key?)

Rainbow dash - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZVHcszgy0k

Twilight sparkle -

Rarity - (This was a tough one actually)

Pinkie -

Applejack -

Edited by Blue lightning

each of these songs remind me of the cmc. 

this reminds me of sweetie belle bcuz of the squeakiness in the singer's voice and always seems to define Sweetie Belle's perseverance.

after watching the episode with scootaloo playing drums at the cmc meeting i think this fits scootaloo since Frost is the best drummer in the world.

This really sounds like Applebloom, cuz when she's down and out, she often seeks the guidance and comfort of her big sis. and when all's well she follows through cuz her sis is there to push her forward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o8-1Zfop94

Now this one's for Bab Seed. she often gives the vibe of the punky, outsider girl. and it's like she's not here to impress anyone or really be "in" with the crowd, but just busy being herself.

• Brohoof 1

I have found a couple both of which i have made PMV videos for:

Luna was my first. Monster you made by Pop Evil and Fluttershy has the other with Believe by Stained

I have been trying to find modern rock/alternative songs but i have not been able to find them.

And I'm trying to avoid Nickelback for Rarity lol

Maybe someone else has a suggestion.

I thought about that song for Applejack as well (im just not into country as much anymore) but i could work with it sometime

If you are looking for some alternative rock you should definitly check out "Biffy Clyro", "Anberlin" or "Snow patrol" They have some really good songs. And if you are more into the rougher music look for "Avantasia", "Graveyard" or "Seether"

If you are looking for some alternative rock you should definitly check out "Biffy Clyro", "Anberlin" or "Snow patrol" They have some really good songs. And if you are more into the rougher music look for "Avantasia", "Graveyard" or "Seether"

Thanks i ill look into those. I had thought about Sound of Madness by Seether for Pinky pie at one time but it didn't overly fit. But i have been keeping a eye/ear out for others. I'm trying to find songs that fit each individual character

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nightmare Moon: Bad Moon Rising-CCR; Nightmare-Avenged Sevenfold; Sanitarium-Metallica
(Sleep my friend and you will see, the dream is my reality. They keep me locked up in this cage, can't you see why my brain says rage?)
Celestia: LIght up the Sky-Thousand Foot Crutch
(Watch me light up the sky!)

Luna: Handwritten-The Gaslight Anthem

(Here in the dark, I cherish the moonlight, I'm in love with the way you're in love with the night)

Rainbow Dash: This is Letting Go-Rise Against; Planetary(GO!)-My Chemical Romance
(The wind died, the whole world ceased to move, now so quiet, her beating heart became a boom)

Applejack: Try Honesty-Billy Talent; Worker's Song-Dropkick Murphys
(Call me a cheapskate, come on for Pete’s sake!)

Twilight vs. Trixie: Line and Sinker-Billy Talent
(Don't think that you're so great, 'cause being great must suck/ You hung my head today, but I have licked my wounds and carried on/My heart is in the right place, so wipe the smirk right of your face")

Princess Twilight: Levitate-Hadouken!
(Heart in my mouth, but my head in the clouds yeah, I can feel it rising. Bound to the Earth but, we could ascend yeah. I’m realizing. I feel both feet lift off the ground, I can levitate, With every jolt that leaves I close my eyes...and levitate)

Rarity: Hanging by a Thread-Billy Talent
(Hello, hello, hello, my darling...have we reached the end? 'Cause when the stiches fall apart we're hanging by a thread)

I found a couple of songs that make me think of the villians of the series. 

Nightmare Moon - Sun Doesn't Rise At  by Mushroomhead

Discord - When You're Evil by Voltaire

Queen Chrystalis - The Changeling by The Doors

King Sombra - Something Wicked This Way Comes by Nuclear Assault

• 1 month later...
(edited)

Yeah. Just for fun, i like to ask: what tracks ((Not brony and/or MLP-FiM ones)) reminds you any of MLP-FiM character? Put one track per one character. I'll give you all mine and what character:

Rainbow Dash: Machinae Supremachy - Hero

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v7LvnSwstw

Rarity: Red Alert 3 - East Moves West/ Empire Combat Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlf5KMDevXc&list=PLgC5LPVvesvgJKdJeco8ocMu8G7ylgXN0

Fluttershy: ((It was very difficult to find one, but here you go one)) Scorpions - Wind of Change

Applejack: Nightwish - Last of the Wilds

Twilight Sparkle: Nightwish - Deep Silent Complete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuvLKV08ZCc

Pinkie Pie: ((Another very difficult, but manage to find at least one)) Machinae Supremachy - Super Mission

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BE3om5zy2rQ

((Sry bad song quality))

Princess Luna/Nightmare Moon: Nightwish - Moondance

Have not yet manage to found the rest any.

Edited by Thunderlight

@,

@@Thunderlight,

Hello there. After some searching, it turned out that we had a few threads dedicated to sharing songs that go with or remind us of specific MLP characters, and giving reasons for why, so I have consolidated those threads into one. I have also retitled the oldest thread a tad, as having separate threads for songs that fit Mane Six characters and songs that fit any character is slightly redundant. I have also moved this topic to Show Discussion, as it is much more related to MLP characters than the MLP fandom.

• Brohoof 1

Never thought of this before, well, I can only find songs that fit for vinyl and rainbow dash.

They're both from sonic colors, but I believe it fits them pretty well.

For vinyl, I say the tropical resort map theme, it's upbeat and techno like for her likes!

As for rainbow dash, since she's always pursuing her goals to be a wonderbolt, I always imagined this them fit her from the main them of sonic colors!

Did I mention I'm a sonic fan? XD

• Brohoof 1