Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why Spike might be the one to reform Cozy Glow

FlareGun45

Odds are, Cozy's gonna get reformed next season! I know alota you didn't wanna hear that, but outta her, Tirek, Chrysalis, and pretty much any other remaining villain, Cozy's the more likely one to get reformed, since she's a child and all. And I know it seems my likenesses for Spike is making me wanna see him become a big success, but I have reasons to back this up, like I always do! Even if it doesn't always make sense!

Now let's compare the two of them. Spike's an orphan that was adopted by the Sparkle family and given a good home! Cozy Glow COULD be an orphan but never had a family, and probably not very good friends too. They're both very smart children that are more than what they seem! Spike uses friendship mostly through selflessness and knowing what's best for his friends and assists them when they are in need, and Cozy uses friendship through selfishness and assists ponies to deceive them!

And with all the characters Cozy interacts with, the Mane 6 couldn't teach her friendship, neither could Starlight, she hates the Student 6 since they ruined her plans, and even the CMCs weren't able to convert her either! Spike's the only one who's never attempted to reform her and since she's very similar to Spike, like an Anti-Spike, and if she is truly an orphan character, then Spike's the only one that could do this! Or Gallus, but like I said, he ruined her plans. Scoots could be an option too but we still need to know a bit about her parent story.

Thing about Cozy is, because of the nature of her villainy, she's thoroughly sabotaged any trust anyone might extend her - she betrayed others' trust and showed no remorse afterwards. Even if she does end up regretting her actions, who is going to believe her anytime soon, and what would prompt that belief?

10 minutes ago, Quinch said:

Thing about Cozy is, because of the nature of her villainy, she's thoroughly sabotaged any trust anyone might extend her - she betrayed others' trust and showed no remorse afterwards. Even if she does end up regretting her actions, who is going to believe her anytime soon, and what would prompt that belief?

It's MLP... whoever gets reformed gets forgiven easily! Odd logic, I know, but it's MLP logic! :P

I don't really think so - it's less about forgiveness and more about second chances. Luna was welcomed back because she regretted being Nightmare Moon. Discord was accepted because he decided Fluttershy's friendship was worth the restraint. Starlight Glimmer acted out of right intention and backed off once she saw the consequences. Even Chrysalis was offered an olive branch, even if she refused it.

Cozy, on the other hand... her rise to power was through remorseless manipulation, deception and subterfuge towards people who trusted her - not just merely because of what she did, but who put their trust in her by default. While someone might trust her again, and while it's not impossible that trust might actually be justified, as far as the world at large is concerned, she's not so much looking at an uphill battle as staring at a vertical cliff.

Edited by Quinch

It's a good and interesting idea to choose Spike when thinking of who would reform Cozy Glow. The problem is, we can't write a story off a broken character. We don't know (yet) anything about that character. We don't know who she is, we don't know why she did evil things (even if we heard her explanation, it didn't come across. Most bland and generic, vague, interchangeable, most minimum villain's lazy excuses could ever be), we don't know what she thinks or even the slightest idea of what she might think (in a bad way). And most importantly, we didn't find her threatening at all.

Those things didn't even properly presented all through season 8 finale. I don't have high hopes on her for season 9. If they could recognize their problem and fix it , Cozy Glow could turn out to be a great villain, but if they were the people who are able to do that, they wouldn't have made the problem at the first time.

I don't know how they would offer a friendship to the pony who used friendship to manipulate others.

• Brohoof 1

Here's the reason I don't think Cozy would be reformed. She has absolutely no redeeming quality... period. All the other villains that got reformed had redeeming qualities.