Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can we please add Fanfiction.Net to the contact methods?

Phasereale

This just came to my mind and I was wondering. Can we please add Fanfiction.Net to the contact methods? The reason why I asked this is because I just created account for FIMfiction and I tried to submit my fanfic work, but it got rejected do to some kind of "Script Format" in which I don't know what that is to be honest. When I looked at the rules. It said that the fanfics you make need to be based off of the MLP universe and not anything else, which kinda sucks when you I make a fanfic with a humanoid like paranormal creature I put in the fanfic almost everybody knows

1 hour ago, Phasereale said:

The reason why I asked this is because I just created account for FIMfiction and I tried to submit my fanfic work, but it got rejected do to some kind of "Script Format" in which I don't know what that is to be honest.

Is your fanfic or part of it formatted like this?

Character: "Dialogue."

Character: "Dialogue."

If it's somewhat like this (or in screenplay format), that's script format. Many sites, including both FIMFiction and Fanfiction.net, banned those formats. Archive of Our Own (a smaller platform) doesn't.

That said, maybe they can add an FFNet contact. But we'll see.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

I’ll consider it, though as a Pony site I wonder how many would even use these fields. Does the fic have any elements of MLP in it? 

For now, as an alternative, you could always tailor your About Me to direct people to your SFW fics. 

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...
(edited)
On 2/9/2019 at 5:19 PM, Phasereale said:

The reason why I asked this is because I just created account for FIMfiction and I tried to submit my fanfic work, but it got rejected do to some kind of "Script Format" in which I don't know what that is to be honest.

I might suggest that you just ask the "approver" that had been approving your fanfic on the website what exactly that means.

If I had to guess you wrote a story as an screenplay and that a big no no.

Spoiler

Twilight: blah blah blah blah

Applejack: apples, apples, apples

Your stories had to take place in the Equestria or in Equestria Girls to be approved that unfortunately true, however once it's been approved its usually, and unfortunately I've seen it quite often, everything goes. 

Just try to be professional about your stories on Fimficton 

Edited by R.D.Dash
Slight editing