Linux Distro

Glasses/Contact Lenses

I wear glasses, and the thought of contacts makes me a little uncomfortable. You have to like, poke your eye to get them out, and I just don't want to do that...

I wear glasses, and prefer to keep it that way. Contact lenses really creep me out, as I tend to shiver at the thought of actually having to stick something in my eye. 

Only break out the contacts for cosplaying. I'm extremely nearsighted and can read the above poster's banner if I put my face about six inches away from the screen.

I am near-sighted...so I need glasses to see from afar. I can see from up close but everything is blurry to me from a distance. I wish I had perfect vision. I usually don't wear glasses, unless I absolutely must need them.

I wear glasses IF I ACTUALLY NEED TO SEE. (which ya know... who needs vision, right?)

bf9038f0f831c1ca6f4ed94d37f87a14.png

yeah idk, i couldn't keep up with contacts i bet.

I hate contact lenses. I've put them in my eyes inside out and its the worst feeling in the world which makes me panic.

I've done this twice. It is the WORST possible THING!!  Seriously- it is. what's even worse is for me it doesn't hurt right away. It takes like two hours and of course I'm at work or something by then. It's worse than if a lens gets lost past the part of your eye that you can see.

Edited by steve88

I have really bad eyes. I have a eye disease called Keratoconus or something like that. Its when the pupil is shaped like a cone. My type of the disease is the least bad one, so its honestly not really that bad, but glasses don't help my eye vision that much anymore. In order for my vision to be okay I need to wear hard contacts so my eyes get shaped properly. I usually just live with bad eyesight though. It honestly is not that bad to live with bad eyesight 24/7

I've been wearing glasses since I was five years old, due to having an astigmatism. I will probably not be using contacts in the future, due to not wanting to risk taking a chance amongst its drawbacks. 

Badges

Yeah, I started wearing glasses I think when I was 6. 

I've had contacts since I was 13 and I don't even have a pair of glasses anymore because I've NEVER had a pair of glasses that really gave me great vision.

My prescription is a whopping -18 right eye, -15.5 left eye. I laugh at people with wimpy single digit prescriptions!!

Disposable contacts are great and very comfortable. My mom used to have the hard contacts. I don't know if you can even get those anymore but they can actually scratch your eye. I remember in the Sherlock Holmes movie they mentioned wearing GLASS lenses on your eyes. That made me cringe!

On 3/21/2014 at 1:48 PM, MLPForums Phanact said:

I hate contact lenses. I've put them in my eyes inside out and its the worst feeling in the world which makes me panic.

It's really no more painful than having an eyelash in your eye and a lot easier to deal with.

I wear glasses but I can't remember what my prescription was, I wish I didn't have to wear them, it's very annoying when they fog up.  I also don't want to wear contact lenses since I don't trust myself with something like that.

Glasses, I would want contact lenses but too expensive. 

Badges

I wear reading glasses sometimes but they're mostly for drawing or doing artwork. I don't use them for reading anymore.

I could never be comfortable with contacts; I wouldn't be able to stand the feel of something sitting right on my naked eyeball.

Badges

I have to wear prescription eyeglasses due to being near-sighted and having an astigmatism. I really despise eyeglasses though so most of the time I refuse to wear them. :sealed:

I plan on giving contacts a try though. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Badges

I'm fairly nearsighted, so I wear glasses all the time. It gets annoying when I go swimming though, because then I have to take them off and I can hardly see. I sure wish I had good eyes.

Badges

Severe astigmatism, wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! I wear glasses and it's staying that way. I am not shoving crap into my eyes.

Yeah, I’ve always worn glasses (well since I was like 5 or 6...) and I always will. Contacts sound really uncomfortable and I’d be afraid I’d accidentally fall asleep with them on... :unsure: 

Badges

I wear a pair of glasses, but I don't think I actually really need it, I just wear it because I think I look better in them. :lie: My left eye is fine, but my right eye has just some very minor myopia. 

I've worn glasses since I was young, and I frankly don't find that it's annoying! You get to express so many more emotions with glasses! :laugh: Although some people say I look better without my glasses, I beg to differ... Heh. :adorkable:

Badges