Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The blursed thread: Glass toilet

Troblems

No, for multiple reasons:

1. It's most likely more expensive than a regular toilet, so I might as well either save money or buy a toilet with a bigger tank or whatever.
2. I have doubts about its durability. Thick glass can be durable, but will such toilet be as durable as a regular one?
3. It being transparent - it will eventually have some buildup (just from water being there all the time, even if I never use it - just like the tank) in the trap and would look bad, while at the same time being impossible to reach to clean, requiring the use of powerful drain cleaner and such.

• Brohoof 2

This is an interesting toilet but I don't know how many would react upon finding out it's actually transparent. No-one wants to see their 💩 move in circles as if in a whirlpool or in a tornado

9 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

This is an interesting toilet but I don't know how many would react upon finding out it's actually transparent. No-one wants to see their 💩 move in circles as if in a whirlpool or in a tornado

I'd actually wanna see that... I hate my shit... I want it to struggle and swirl to its death.....

29 minutes ago, Windy Breeze said:

Not to mention: wouldn't sitting on glass hurt? Now glass slippers I believe in but sitting on glass? That's a risk on bodily harm

• Brohoof 1

So this is what you guys were talking about in the staff section of Discord. To add my two cents to this old thread, while a glass toilet does look cool, there are certain aspects about it that I'd rather not see for obvious reasons.

• Brohoof 1

You know it would work well for plumbers when you inevitably plug it, as in plug it bad bad. There would be no guessing of where the drain snake is or if it's making progress.

It would never be that clean past the first use though, unless one has a large and agressive pipecleaner.

• Brohoof 1

Prolly not, but only because I'm afraid glass might crack more easily than porcelain.  Both are brittle and breakable, but I think glass has more of a tendency to develop hairline cracks under pressure that grow and splinter their way through the structure.  I'd be afraid of getting cut to smithereens.  That would probably be the best death headline of all time: "Man bleeds to death after toilet shatters under him."

• Brohoof 3

I love how this thread is from 2014 and it’s just now getting all this attention :ButtercupLaugh:

I honestly don’t know why a person would care so much about what their toilet looks like. As long as it functions and doesn’t look super dirty, it should be fine.

A glass toilet seems like one of those collector’s items people would have just to flaunt their money. If it’s as dangerous as people are making it out to be, I doubt anyone would really want to use it.

• Brohoof 5

2 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I love how this thread is from 2014 and it’s just now getting all this attention :ButtercupLaugh:

I honestly don’t know why a person would care so much about what their toilet looks like. As long as it functions and doesn’t look super dirty, it should be fine.

A glass toilet seems like one of those collector’s items people would have just to flaunt their money. If it’s as dangerous as people are making it out to be, I doubt anyone would really want to use it.

I love how it’s been featured and pinned lol :ButtercupLaugh:

A glass toilet?!?! This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of! And that’s why I just have to have one! I wouldn’t want to use it myself, but as the OP said, it would be great for guests and other unsuspecting victims. I wonder if I could get one with chambered sections where I could put some goldfish or maybe a Betta within the glass walls. It would be so funny to see the fish swimming around in there, segregated from the business aspect of the thing of course. They wouldn’t have a very pleasant view, unfortunately.

• Brohoof 1

Here I was having a peaceful sunday and the moment I get onto the forum... this happens.

No, I'm good, for real, I wish I never knew this existed... :mlp_laugh:

• Brohoof 2