Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What If G5 Was An 'Isekai'?

Denim&Venöm

What is an Isekai you ask? Well it's Japanese for 'In another world.' Describes a broad swath of anime like Escaflowne, .Hack//Sign, Sword Art Online, Overlord and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. But it could also be applied to far earlier works like Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz. Basically it's any show or movie that has the protagonist being transported to a fantasy like setting. 

So what would the reaction be if G5 went the route of G1 and centered around a human protagonist being transported to the world of Equestria and partaking in the day to day on-goings and adventures of the ponies, essentially filling the role that Twilight had in learning or elaborating on the shows lesson or moral? What if it was even Megan herself and G5 is actually a G1 reboot? 

Pic may or may not be related. 

See the source image

• Brohoof 2

I like this idea! I do have a fic that could be almost classified as this, but unfortunately is more of an AU than an Isekai. Had I thought of it then I would have had a character shift from one world to this one. Ohh, gives me ideas. Soo many ideas!

• Brohoof 1

Just a side note, I do have an MLP FiM Isekai that features four humans over the course of the story, their links to each of the Pony Species and their growing abilities.

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2019 at 11:52 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

What is an Isekai you ask? Well it's Japanese for 'In another world.' Describes a broad swath of anime like Escaflowne, .Hack//Sign, Sword Art Online, Overlord and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime. But it could also be applied to far earlier works like Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz. Basically it's any show or movie that has the protagonist being transported to a fantasy like setting. 

So what would the reaction be if G5 went the route of G1 and centered around a human protagonist being transported to the world of Equestria and partaking in the day to day on-goings and adventures of the ponies, essentially filling the role that Twilight had in learning or elaborating on the shows lesson or moral? What if it was even Megan herself and G5 is actually a G1 reboot? 

Pic may or may not be related. 

See the source image

Humans in Pony Land? No, that can't work. G1 did this and failed. No grown up man liked that show when it came out!

G5 must follow the exact same plot and function as G4, to allow older men to watch a show for little girl.

Now with the sarcasm out of the way, and I am bad at it, I know!

It would be a really good idea. Maybe not Megan, but Lauren sounds more Brony approved :ButtercupLaugh: