Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

near the end of My Little Pony: the Movie the Staff of Sacanas broke, Tempest even confirmed that in the comic series Nightmare Knights. But in Spring Breakdown the  Staff of Sacanas is intact? Did they repair it after the movie? Did they make a new one? Is there more than one and this was locked in some kind of volt?

• Brohoof 1

On 3/31/2019 at 8:07 AM, Shady Mist said:

near the end of My Little Pony: the Movie the Staff of Sacanas broke,

I am using the power of almighty YouTube, pretty sure the destruction of the Staff never happened.

(edited)
On 4/2/2019 at 1:43 AM, R.D.Dash said:

I am using the power of almighty YouTube, pretty sure the destruction of the Staff never happened.

Not "destruction" but broke. Pause at 0:20 and compare it to after it breaks through the window at 4:14 has the clearest look that it broke.

Edited by Shady Mist

• 4 weeks later...

"Retroactive Continuity, or retcon for short, is a literary device in which established facts in a fictional work are adjusted, ignored, or contradicted by a subsequently published work which breaks comtinuity with the former."

- Wikipedia

The simplest explanation is that it looks cooler. I would imagine Twilight  might repair it in order to preserve its original form for posterity or future research regarding its magical properties.