Imagine if MLP had a film franchise similar to MCU

Plonkett

So FiM is finally ending after 9 seasons. However, while G5 is airing, I think it'd be nice if G4 continued as a series of movies. A couple of films coming out each year each with different storylines. One film could be a political intrigue story, another could be a whodunit type story, and another could be about dark Twilight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 1

This has a snowball's chance in hell of happening. Not to mention most attempts at copying the MCU's success have been laughably bad

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, This Whomps said:

This has a snowball's chance in hell of happening. Not to mention most attempts at copying the MCU's success have been laughably bad

Mainly because the films themselves were poorly made.

What you're describing is a lot more like the old Star Trek movies. They focused on the cast from the original series, and they ran concurrent with The Next Generation's run on TV. I would have no objections to a G4 movie series to coincide with G5.

Although given the somewhat lackluster performance of the MLP movie we actually got, I'd rather see them take all the season premieres and finales from FIM and remake those into movies, Toon Boom and all. 

10 hours ago, vgmaster9 said:

political intrigue story

Just what is Mayor Mare up to? Does she really have the political clout to unseat Celestia?

a whodunit type story

I would LOVE to see Rarity investigate a murder! Will she be able to clear Pinkie Pie of the worst crime Equestria has seen since Todd Sweeney was caught manufacturing glue?

dark Twilight Sparkle

Twilight just wanted to study the Alicorn Amulet. Unable to resist it's dark power, will her friends be able to save Equestria, and Twilight's SOUL?

While I don't think it's likely, and it would be very hard to pull off a film series of MCU caliber, I could potentially see them doing G4 specials from time to time if they don't wish to completely throw away this current universe. Of course you'd also need to be sure that all the cast and crew would still be on board with the idea.

I like this idea because, while other cinematic universes have failed, this would mean a standalone movie for each character.

Imagine a movie starting just Fluttershy from the Mane 6, or a duo movie of Rainbow and AJ? Then seeing them all come together in the end.