Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you think Cozy is so Comfortable around Villains?

FearTheBelle

She was obviously not afraid of Tirek, and apparently feels comfortable enough around him to hide behind him twice in the premiere when she was scared. And while she was afraid of Chrysalis and Grogar at first, it certainly didn't last. What with her directly challenging Grogar about the "temporarily" thing and trying to get Chrysalis to make friends later and all. Since pretty much every other pony has been afraid of creatures like these, do you think the fact that she isn't says something about her past? Like, maybe she was orphaned or ran away or something and found herself consistently around or even raised by some villainous creature before coming to the Friendship School? Or is she just so confident and self-assured that they just don't bother her for some other reason? What do you think?

I think it's all an act. She's probably going to be revealed to be the true 'big bad' of the season, and Grogar and Tirek will have to join the good guys to SAVE THE WORLD!

7 hours ago, tacobob said:

I think it's all an act. She's probably going to be revealed to be the true 'big bad' of the season, and Grogar and Tirek will have to join the good guys to SAVE THE WORLD!

Wouldn't put past the creative staff to do that, I mean I've seen crazy twists than that in a show/movie.

12 hours ago, Bas said:

To me, she got very quickly afraid of Grogar.

Interestingly, it let's you wonder whether her parents know about what her daughter is doing all day. :mlp_pout:

That's been a big gaping hole in her backstory that I wish had been explored. If it gets brought up now though, it's going to paint the royalty in an extremely bad light. Did anyone bother to tell her parents she was getting sent to Tartarus? Did they care? Did they send her away to school to get her away from them? Did she kill them? Did she ever have parents in the first place and isn't actually even a Pony?

13 hours ago, FearTheBelle said:

She was obviously not afraid of Tirek, and apparently feels comfortable enough around him to hide behind him twice in the premiere when she was scared. And while she was afraid of Chrysalis and Grogar at first, it certainly didn't last. What with her directly challenging Grogar about the "temporarily" thing and trying to get Chrysalis to make friends later and all.

I think she's just really confident. Not many kids are going to wake up one day and start planning to take over the world. I'm also starting to wonder if she's actually as evil as she seemed to be in S8. Manipulative and kind of sociopathic. The plot to steal magic was just outright insane, but I don't think she very much thought that through, since as we were shown when Tirek did it, everypony probably would've died from famine and/or natural disasters within a year. As of S9, she almost strikes me as a wannabe benevolent dictator, which really makes me wonder what role Grogar has in mind for her. Cozy's end goal doesn't match up well with the others. I think she believed the nation would be happy under her rule.

• Brohoof 1

I think that Cozy has good intentions, its just that she has a...different way of going about it. Maybe she doesn't know how tot make friends, and all that and comes off as a 'villain'? Afterall, we don't know why she had done the things she has done or the backstory she has, which I really hope to see.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Califorum said:

I think that Cozy has good intentions, its just that she has a...different way of going about it. Maybe she doesn't know how tot make friends, and all that and comes off as a 'villain'? Afterall, we don't know why she had done the things she has done or the backstory she has, which I really hope to see.

It's probably too deep for the show, but Cozy's mindset in S8 is an interesting moral lesson. Friendship in MLP is now backed by what is essentially a deity, and has more or less reached the point of being dogmatic. Cozy Glow is a great example of just how easily dogma with the best intentions can still lead to destructive behavior, as we've seen countless times in human history.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, BornAgainBrony said:

It's probably too deep for the show, but Cozy's mindset in S8 is an interesting moral lesson. Friendship in MLP is now backed by what is essentially a deity, and has more or less reached the point of being dogmatic. Cozy Glow is a great example of just how easily dogma with the best intentions can still lead to destructive behavior, as we've seen countless times in human history.

Indeed, though deep or not, it is still very much of a true thing. The whole 'friendship' thing can easily be corrupted by good intentions, which is why it is a rather dangerous thing.

• Brohoof 1

Cozy Glow herself said her intentions back when she lost and tried to get away. She has learned 'how to friendship', she believes friendship is power (an idea now strengthened with Grogar's words), and she wants power to become the empress of friendship.

Whether Grogar is aware of this or not, Cozy will 100% try to manipulate Tirek and Chrysalis, maybe even Grogar, to take the power for herself. How will that happen and if she's going to fail or succeed is what intrigues me about her, because she's such an entertaining character.