Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you feel comfortable singing in front of others?

Sweet Dreams

174 users have voted

1. 1. How confident are you singing in front of people?

• Very confident! I don't care what they think.
    • Sorta confident, I don't mind singing in front of them but I do get a little nervous...
    • Not at all! I get so scared!

Not with my current voice, but an interesting thing of note is that I'm from a culture (Filipino) where a lot of public singing and karaoke and stuff like that is encouraged, so I'm maybe a bit more open to it than typical. That said, mostly no. Male voice sucks.

I really want to be more bold and can singing for many people. But I can't 'cuz don't have a talent and get fright in front of strangers and even friends. 

No way I can't sing very well anyways so trying to sing in front of others is way out of the question. Plus I am really shy as well.

It all depends! If anyone asks me to sing, and they are like "BUT YOU HAVE SUCH A BEAUTIFUL VOICE!" Then I feel uncomfortable, but if it is to myself and other people hear, then I am totally ok with that.  ;)

I might sing a pony song for the upcoming talent show, while on the topic!

(edited)

Well let's see... If I'm just singing and not really doing something serious, and am only just either by myself or with some REALLY good friends, and even then it's hard for me to do so sometimes, then I mean... I'll sing a tiny bit then, but... If I'm in front of any more than like 2 or 3 really good friends or people I know and trust well... Anything else though, nope... Nope nope nope, just sooooo much nope.

Edited by Nick1925

(edited)

No way in hay I'd sing in front of people.

I love to sing and I do it on YouTube with ease, but going live in front of people would just kill me.

I have a really hardcore case of stage fright and it's really not breaking up no matter what I do...

What happens is that my body closes down for no reason at all. I really WANT to sing, my life could depend on it, but I still would start crying uncontrollably and my legs would start shaking. I just can't do it.

I don't really know how to get rid of it. I just can't do anything in front of other people, even though I love doing it at home alone.

I can't even do impressions in front of people without bumming out. I can't even sing as a joke in front of people without bumming out.

NOT EVEN OVER SKYPE, with only my voice. Nothing. And I'm supposed to be a voice actor...

Edited by darkwingmare

Maybe if I actually were able to hit a note, I might not feel so uncomfortable singing in front of others. But since I don't exactly sing in the choir or practice my singing much outisde of the shower, I don't see any changes happening soon.

Although slightly off topic, I do play guitar and while I have been playing for many years, I still get nervous and slightly uncomfortable when performing in front of a crowd, even when I know I can pull it off. It's normal for most people to have such feelings.

• Brohoof 1

I picked "sorta confident" but let me explain!

I really don't mind singing while I'm around a few people or with my friends but I do get nervous if I go on a stage or if I'm supposed to sing in front of a crowd!

I was at a cruise a few days ago and my friend kept telling me to sing karaoke so I did it xD The thing is that there were so many people looking, I was at a stage, I can hit notes/tones quite good but I'm not a good singer. This made me sooo nervous cause I was singing in this mic and everyone was about to hear my bad singing voice. ...and I still haven't told you guys the worst part. ..I was singing "Grace Kelly" by MIKA. Yeah that one. It's sooo difficult to sing but I somehow managed it. I was shaking the whole time when holding the microphone haha

• Brohoof 1

The only time I get a chance to sing is in my car. That's the only time I can guarantee that I'm on my own. I couldn't sing in front of others, I get embarrassed really easily when it comes to stuff like that. I even tone back my harmonica when playing in public.

I might be willing to sing Silver Bells in public though if I'm with someone willing to do a duet. It's one of my favorite songs to sing along with.

• Brohoof 1

I can't sing in front of others... I've done it once and had people tell me that I'm good at singing, but I refuse to acknowledge it. >_>

• 1 month later...

I can't do it. It's not even like I can laugh at myself for being funny kinda thing, I'm that bad. For some reason making videos with my voice seems easy enough but when someone is physically in the room watching me do stuff like that I can't do it.

I was always afraid when we had singing lessons in school.

Apparently i was so good at it, that my teacher said i should go to a special singing class in my school...but no thanks  :lol:

I don't feel comfortable singing, period. If I have an earworm song stuck in my head, I might hum the words really low so no one can hear my inability to sing, but more often than not they do take notice of me "singing."  :sunny:

If I'm in the shower or if I know I have the house to my self, then I'll sing to my heart's content. ^^