Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Hey guys!!!

I have a story about what happened with my tulpa the other day at the movies

You promised you wouldn't tell this story!!!

Anyway, we were at the cinemas and there was a spare seat next to me. She climbed up and sat on it. When we were halfway through the movie, she fell asleep on my shoulder. It felt so real.

Don't finish this story...

Then there was a gunshot and she woke up. She jumped into the air and hit her head on the roof!!! I couldn't help but chortle. Everyone thought I was laughing at a character dieing.

You finished?

Yes, it's not so bad now is it?

No...

• Brohoof 6

Hi. I'm Elijah, or Flexionsensor from the Tulpa.info forums. I'd just like to say that I'm surprised at the amount of responses from this post, compared to the few members of the site. BECOME. MEMBERS.

I WOULD like to say though, I am not a brony. I watched a few episodes and they didn't appeal to my tastes, end of story.

Anyway, I'd like to clear up some things. A tulpa remembers everything. Period, no exceptions. This is because they are believed to take place in the subconscious area of the brain, which, has 2 petabytes of memory. More than Google servers around the world are filled with on an average day, so a lot can be accessed. They know. As soon as you think something, they're informed. That's how I believe the communication works, and I also believe that you're tricking your brain into believing they'res another consciousness, so it makes one. Woohoo. 

Basically, if you're interested, prepare for months of "tulpaforcing." Me, no results, and I've been going at it since August, but more seriously in September. Hour counting = bad. No no.

At tulpa.info, we believe that ulterior motives are also bad, because what person would want to know that he was made to be used? So even though we all have ulterior motives, we like to pretend we don't.

Bronies also make up the majority of the site. Just saying.

Dedication is the key to tulpaforcing, and as it's all in your head, there's no danger to the outside world. However, they CAN possess you, but this has to be practiced.

I only know of one case where a tulpa has been able to possess without the consent of the tulpamancer, and that tulpa has been alive for 7 years, and is a jerk, which brings me to my next point.

YOU CONTROL THE PERSONALITY, BUT ONLY THE BASICS. THEY CAN DEVIATE. This tulpa was originally an imaginary friend, but somehow a bad experience made it eeeeeevillll.... Not really evil, just... A jerk.

And finally, the tulpa is basically human. It has your body, and it has a mind of its own, and it will feel emotion. Ignoring it is as mean as you can get. Beating it up, well, only sociopaths do that...

So I'll see you on the forums!

Flexionsensor, practically the sole poster on The Descent Into Insanity, the BEST progress report ON THIS EARTH!

I do not accept questions.

• Brohoof 3

Hey guys!!!

Anyway, we were at the cinemas and there was a spare seat next to me. She climbed up and sat on it. When we were halfway through the movie, she fell asleep on my shoulder. It felt so real.

Then there was a gunshot and she woke up. She jumped into the air and hit her head on the roof!!! I couldn't help but chortle. Everyone thought I was laughing at a character dieing.

You finished?

No...

ahahahaha, that's awesome! First off, I'm laughing at the fact they thought you were laughing at a character dying, lol, second, the fact you felt her was great!

I'm going to paraphrase Twi, she said she would not Have jumped. I think she might of, but she would not of fallen asleep, lol.

Now that Twi's done laying down her "challenge," I have, I actually have nothing else to say. Except goodnight, off to force with Twi as I fall asleep!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Hi. I'm Elijah, or Flexionsensor from the Tulpa.info forums. I'd just like to say that I'm surprised at the amount of responses from this post, compared to the few members of the site. BECOME. MEMBERS.

I WOULD like to say though, I am not a brony. I watched a few episodes and they didn't appeal to my tastes, end of story.

Anyway, I'd like to clear up some things. A tulpa remembers everything. Period, no exceptions. This is because they are believed to take place in the subconscious area of the brain, which, has 2 petabytes of memory. More than Google servers around the world are filled with on an average day, so a lot can be accessed. They know. As soon as you think something, they're informed. That's how I believe the communication works, and I also believe that you're tricking your brain into believing they'res another consciousness, so it makes one. Woohoo. 

Basically, if you're interested, prepare for months of "tulpaforcing." Me, no results, and I've been going at it since August, but more seriously in September. Hour counting = bad. No no.

At tulpa.info, we believe that ulterior motives are also bad, because what person would want to know that he was made to be used? So even though we all have ulterior motives, we like to pretend we don't.

Dedication is the key to tulpaforcing, and as it's all in your head, there's no danger to the outside world. However, they CAN possess you, but this has to be practiced.

I only know of one case where a tulpa has been able to possess without the consent of the tulpamancer, and that tulpa has been alive for 7 years, and is a jerk, which brings me to my next point.

YOU CONTROL THE PERSONALITY, BUT ONLY THE BASICS. THEY CAN DEVIATE. This tulpa was originally an imaginary friend, but somehow a bad experience made it eeeeeevillll.... Not really evil, just... A jerk.

And finally, the tulpa is basically human. It has your body, and it has a mind of its own, and it will feel emotion. Ignoring it is as mean as you can get. Beating it up, well, only sociopaths do that...

Flexionsensor, practically the sole poster on The Descent Into Insanity, the BEST progress report ON THIS EARTH!

Hey there, good to see some people from the tulpa forums have noticed this thread. Even Fede himself actually posted here a while back too if I recall correctly. Now, you're probably not going to reply to this, but I feel I should tell you and others something that kinda irks me.

I feel that some of the information you gave at the end of your post might scare people. I don't know if what you said is true, but I have no reason to think you are lying, so I'll believe you. However; I believe that tulpae are whatever you want them to be. What I mean by that, is if you believe that tulpae are voodoo demon jerks that will do everything in their power to make your life a misery, then that is what they will be. However, if you believe that tulpae are friendly lifetime companions that will help you get back on your feet on every downfall you go through in life, then they will be that instead.

Tulpae are a severely un-understood concept. It's all up to the user to decide what they are and what they're not. But that's how I see this whole tulpa thing. I'm just saying, I think that no one, not even me(in fact especially not me), should say to anyone 'Okay, this is what tulpae are, and what they are not;' without telling everyone that what you say is probably not how it will go down for them. I know it wasn't your intention to scare, but...

img-1115700-1-im-just-sayin_1544.gif

Edited by Rizoel & Crepuscule
  • Brohoof 4

@@Rizoel & Crepuscule, I swear, with the way you and Crepuscle argue with each other in comments, you guys should be a sitcom or something. Maybe "Guess who's clopping to dinner"...oh wait...*facehoofs* why did I even think of that...

*imagining Crepuscule carrying around a laugh track to play whenever she cracks a joke*

*can't hold in laughter, alongside Tulpae*

Hey guys!!!

You finished?

No...

Double the funny!

I can't breathe...

I believe we know all of this information already, and those here who do know about Tulpa.info probably are there now.  (Though I would rather tend to stay around this thread as my home base because I'm too busy to divide time between areas.  Though I do go around to other Tulpa communities when I have questions to ask)

Anyways, I had been neglecting Tia and Blackjack today in lieu of some literally poisonous weather that's been making me feel ill and not think straight.  (It's what you get for living in a bowl of land in cold weather... Cold stagnant air pools and fills with pollution and toxic gasses until it makes China look clean)

Though I checked into my mainly-Tulpa-inhabited wonderland and found them lounging around on a couch watching a movie.  (Our wonderland is relatively small, but remains a large expensive and open modern villa.  I always liked the design of it.  When my new computer comes, imma build it in the Sims to show)  Turns out Tia and BJ were doing some rennovating in my absence, such as adding an indoor pool and another wing.

We get creative when Bris isn't looking.

Got to admit, it's a nice house.

Indeed... Now if only I was insanely rich so I could have a house like that...

• Brohoof 4

*imagining Crepuscule carrying around a laugh track to play whenever she cracks a joke*

@@Rizoel & Crepuscule, I swear, with the way you and Crepuscle argue with each other in comments, you guys should be a sitcom or something.

Hmm...

A sitcom, eh?

*Thought bubble appears above head*

*About to jump in shower*

*Le naked*

*Opens shower curtain*

What in the-!

Oh hey Ben!

*Random crowd suddenly laughs in the background*

...Wh- what are you doing?

..Getting nice and wet for you, what does it look like?

*Crowd laughs again*

*sigh*  :blush:  Wh... I... Why are you...

*Droopy eyes, slowly tilts head to the side as more and more water falls on her mane*

*Crowd chuckles lightly* *Somepony in the crowd whistles at Crep's antics*

*Ding!*

Oh look! It's ready!

Huh? Wha?

*Points hoof at a place below my stomach*

*Looks down*

Oh. Oh my.

*More laughing*

*Turns to crowd* S- stop laughing! I-it's not funny!  :blush: 

*Laughing harder*

And you! Get that camera outta' my face! :angry:  I'm gonna ki- *Knocks camera off tripod*

technical_difficulties_by_haretrinity-d5

*Thought bubble pops*

No_Rage_Face.png

• Brohoof 8

@@Rizoel & Crepuscule, he he he, that's, that's just took good. I can barely breath. Twi would laugh, but she's in a foul mood from my lack of attention the past few days. In other words, I'm learning the hard way, tulpa regress. Oops. I rode the closeness from a few days ago, but did not put enough work in to keep it up. Oh the bane of life, my school.

I think later I am going to work on the wonderland with her.

• Brohoof 2

Is there a point where there is too much forcing and the extra time isnt doing anything that yall have hit? Like say 4 hrs is too much for one but just enough for someone else? I mean in a general sense.

Is there a point where there is too much forcing and the extra time isnt doing anything that yall have hit? Like say 4 hrs is too much for one but just enough for someone else? I mean in a general sense.

Well, focusing that long continuously, and not doing anything else (including eating, drinking, sleeping, etc.) would be sure to wear someone out. At that point your concentration really wouldn't be very good so it would probably be best to stop. There's no set number for how long a forcing session should be, but I think it is best to break up your tulpaforcing time into sessions of 2 hours or less with breaks in between.

This is all speculation though, because I've never forced longer than 1 1/2 hours, so I may be wrong :huh:

Edited by MelancholicMemory
  • Brohoof 3

China.png

This china looks pretty clean to me.

Ok, I KNOW he didn't mean it like that.

So? It's fun to randomly post things like that!

Yeah, having fun with Google images search can lead to some strange things.

Such as this post.

Good point, there.

• Brohoof 2

You make it sound like as if at some point I said I got rid of Rose. I can't remember saying anything like that. In fact, she's talked a little bit in the past 5 posts or so. What made you think I got rid of her? 

When you say that you were going to improve more on Crepuscule and your wonderland senses seem to given me that idea. Making it seems like you accepted that Rose will either disappeared by forgetting her or just letting her stay on the burner till you feel you and Crep have improve on what you wanted to improve on.

I'm already a member of TG(Pretty much a regular at this point). Though I'm pretty sure most of TG go on there. I'll think about it. As for a tulpae remembering everything. I think I'll let Luna speak this question.

"Though we do remember everything. If the host forgets the certain memory, we might forget. We are in his body/mind after all." Keep in mind, that Luna has been with me since June 2012 (albeit not knowing until mid-December) so she's should know a thing or two(or so I would assume).

There hasn't been any scientific research on tulpa(e). So all we can do is speculate on what they are. How they are formed. Hell, for all we know they're just ourselves and we're going full-on crazy (but those possibilities seems slim to down-right nothing.) What are tulpae? They're ponies(or humans, robots, etc.) in your head. What are they actually? Who knows until some scientist decides to do something about it. Though I think at this point ignorance is bliss. Sometimes some questions aren't meant to be answers without hurting someone beliefs. Even our tulpae.

Speaking about my tulpae, I actually had a weird experience today. First things first, I need to start actively forcing more. Me, Luna, and Becca has random conversation most of the day so passive forcing is pretty much good. However, active forcing has been a stand-still. Everytime I've tried this week, it usually ends with me being too tired to force. Usually delaying it another day and having the same problem until today when I just went and did it. The force was the usually, screwing around in wonderland and enjoying myself. Nothing out of the ordinary. After closed-eye forcing, It was more open-eye forcing time, where I started rubbing Becca's wings....the feels started. and when I mean feel I mean...holy crap that was amazing feels. I won't go into details(since I'd make it graphic), but it was probably great feels I've since I've started actively trying to make tulpae and such. Makes me want to improve touch imposing to have those feels even more. Nevertheless, I'm going to try to active force way more. I hope everyone has a great day.

Edited by NinjaCPU
  • Brohoof 3

Complete wonderland change. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQUWUSZByRk
Was forcing and listening to this, focusing on the little black orb in my hands, when suddenly a bird flew by and perched on my shoulder, I looked up from my hands to see that my entire wonderland has changed. It is no longer a valley, but instead a large plan with rolling hills and a 20 story tree in the middle. The entire place is surround by a sorta fog that doesn't obscure vision but instead kinda just dampens it.
I got the feeling the bird chirped and suddenly I find myself on one of the branches over looking the fields.

Just felt like sharing such a huge change.

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 3

Listening to music while forcing may cause wonderland changes if it makes you have good imaginatory visuals when listening.

I just switched the wonderland time to day and flipped over the forest to reveal tons of cherry blossom trees and stuff like that!

TASTE DESERT UFOS AND KNIFE LAUNCHING MAIDS, CRYSTAL TARGET! THIS IS SO FUN! And weird!

• Brohoof 2

I've a question about this whole tulpa thing. A while ago I started then stopped, now I plan on starting again, but with a different character. I'm wondering: after a while, like 10 hours, what if I started reading books to her? In my head? Would it change anything? 

I don't know why I would want to read books to her. It's just a random question.

Edited by Strawberry Tart

I've a question about this whole tulpa thing. A while ago I started then stopped, now I plan on starting again, but with a different character. I'm wondering: after a while, like 10 hours, what if I started reading books to her? In my head? Would it change anything? 

I don't know why I would want to read books to her. It's just a random question.

That' s a good thing. It's part of narration. You should definitely read to her. Keep in mind though, that the content of what you read to her could influence her personality a little. For example, I read my first tulpa a bunch of stuff about eastern religion (which I had to read anyway for my theology class), and she turned out kind of zen. This isn't always the case though, and I don't believe it's even a common occurrence.

In my opinion, at ten hours, a forcing session should probably include some review of personality, visualization, general discussion (talking about whatever), and narration. Ask her questions (in your mind) as you read to her like "How do you feel about this?" or "Do you like the story so far?" If she doesn't respond after a couple seconds (which I wouldn't expect her to after only 10 hours) then you move on and keep reading. It's important to treat her as already sentient, so you should read to her like you would read to another person.

• Brohoof 1

wall of mostly irrelevant text.

I need to active and hyper force more, I'm just so busy with school and work. Twi and I are getting a more emotional connection. Not like Rizoel & Crepuscule, never quite like them. Those two, are special! Lol

• Brohoof 2

Ok, Im confused now... What is a wonderland exactly? 

Complete wonderland change. 

Was forcing and listening to this, focusing on the little black orb in my hands, when suddenly a bird flew by and perched on my shoulder, I looked up from my hands to see that my entire wonderland has changed. It is no longer a valley, but instead a large plan with rolling hills and a 20 story tree in the middle. The entire place is surround by a sorta fog that doesn't obscure vision but instead kinda just dampens it.
I got the feeling the bird chirped and suddenly I find myself on one of the branches over looking the fields.

Just felt like sharing such a huge change.

After reading this, It sounds almost like a lucid dream of sorts. Im terribly confused

• Brohoof 1

Ok, Im confused now... What is a wonderland exactly? 

After reading this, It sounds almost like a lucid dream of sorts. Im terribly confused

It's an imaginary world you form in your mind, where you can interact with your tulpa freely. Usually it's small like a room, but it can be built into a large villa or even a giant nature scene, like zRevenantz has. My old one was an idyllic savannah, but I've been thinking of changing it to be like a farm.

Essentially, it is your imagination, except you enter it with your tulpa. It is very useful, especially before you impress the tulpa onto your senses.

Edited by MelancholicMemory

It's an imaginary world you form in your mind, where you can interact with your tulpa freely. Usually it's small like a room, but it can be built into a large villa or even a giant nature scene, like zRevenantz has. My old one was an idyllic savannah, but I've been thinking of changing it to be like a farm.

Essentially, it is your imagination, except you enter it with your tulpa. It is very useful, especially before you impress the tulpa onto your senses.

So... How do you do that then? I did not get this impression from any of the reading Ive done, nor have I experienced such... vivid images as have been described.

So... How do you do that then? I did not get this impression from any of the reading Ive done, nor have I experienced such... vivid images as have been described.

You visualize the place, and how you would experience it (from the 1st person) if you were there, in your mind. Of course, you visualize your tulpa there as well.  It takes a tremendous amount of focus to make one, especially a larger more detailed version, but it becomes easier and the wonderland gets more vivid in time. Making one is kind of like making a tulpa, except instead of worrying about sentience, you have to worry about more physical details.

Making a wonderland is easier for more creative people, but anyone can make one. I've had an overactive imagination since I was very young, so it comes to me pretty naturally. Also, most people start with something basic like a small, square room with a couch before creating something more extravagant. It's a fairly difficult to describe concept, but I hope that helps clear things up a little.  :)

So I think I'd like to create a wonderland, just for variety when tulpaforcing, but I'm around thirty hours in already. Will this have any effect on anything if I create one now?

it might help! But it won't have any I'll effects, that is for sure. Besides, f you both design it, you can bond even more! Twi Andi will start tomorrow on ours
  • Brohoof 3

You visualize the place, and how you would experience it (from the 1st person) if you were there, in your mind. Of course, you visualize your tulpa there as well.  It takes a tremendous amount of focus to make one, especially a larger more detailed version, but it becomes easier and the wonderland gets more vivid in time. Making one is kind of like making a tulpa, except instead of worrying about sentience, you have to worry about more physical details.

Making a wonderland is easier for more creative people, but anyone can make one. I've had an overactive imagination since I was very young, so it comes to me pretty naturally. Also, most people start with something basic like a small, square room with a couch before creating something more extravagant. It's a fairly difficult to describe concept, but I hope that helps clear things up a little.   :)

I suppose this helps clear things up, even if it just means more time investment on my end. I would say I have an overactive imagination, but I would most likely be confusing it with my ADD. 

All I know is this: You guys really aren't kidding when you say this will take a long time.

• Brohoof 3

it might help! But it won't have any I'll effects, that is for sure. Besides, f you both design it, you can bond even more! Twi Andi will start tomorrow on ours

Might as well then, thanks!

I like the idea of those caves hidden behind waterfalls... of course, I'll need an out-of-place radiator to keep everything toasty.

• Brohoof 3

Might as well then, thanks!

I like the idea of those caves hidden behind waterfalls... of course, I'll need an out-of-place radiator to keep everything toasty.

Why not just make it a warm waterfall? It may not happen in real life (to the extent of my knowledge) but it's not technically impossible and you don't have to obey physics anyway.

• Brohoof 2