Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I hate to be that guy, but I'm just a bit confused. What's wrong with them talking about conversations they've had with their tulpas here?

I mean, it's the "Tulpa Discussion Thread," why would talking about the wacky adventures and conversations people have with their tulpas be considered off-topic? They're still talking about tulpas.

Where else are they supposed to post it? If they post it in the blogs, then people are going to get upset about the influx of Tulpa-related blog entries dominating the Recent Blog Entries section of the front page.

Blogs are a suitable place for such conversations. If members give you grief about the matter, you can content a member of the staff.

Keep in mind that this topic should be generally available for all members. To repeatedly post conversations you had with your tulpa creates an imbalance in the topic, i.e., only those with tulpas could really understand and/or participate in those particular exchanges.

• Brohoof 2

Blogs are a suitable place for such conversations. If members give you grief about the matter, you can content a member of the staff.

Keep in mind that this topic should be generally available for all members. To repeatedly post conversations you had with your tulpa creates an imbalance in the topic, i.e., only those with tulpas could really understand and/or participate in those particular exchanges.

Why put that extra stress on the staff and members, when you can just leave the thread as it is? I haven't seen anyone complain about the thread being too elaborate for non-tulpa users. I don't have a tulpa, but I understand what they're talking about.

It's natural that they're going to talk about things that only tulpa users will know. It's like that for lots of threads. That's like saying that people talking about treble clefs in a thread about music theory is going off-topic. Music theory is difficult to understand, so not everyone is going to be able to follow along with everyone's posts. That doesn't mean their posts are off-topic, because they're still talking about music theory. Tulpas are the same way.

If people have trouble following their posts and/or subject, they could always make a post asking for clarification. It's not like they're forcing them to read their posts. I'm sure they would be more than happy to elaborate for those who find it difficult to understand their posts.

Edited by UrdiePie
  • Brohoof 3

There is a difference between discussing the nuances of a topic with other members and engaging in a self-propelled conversation. The point is to foster interaction primarily between members within the thread, not with entities who cannot readily access the forums. You otherwise no longer require other participants. That defeats the entire purpose of a dedicated public thread.

• Brohoof 2

But... I like reading the lengthy conversations. 

Reading the conversations sometimes help me to understand what it is I should be narrating, and just kind of helps over all.

Plus, it is entertaining, and I dont mind sifting through it.

I do mind sifting through the people who pop on here and say this is fake/insane/we are all crazy. That is off-topic. The conversations are not.

• Brohoof 8

> Admin comes on and says this thread is getting off topic

> Thread gets off topic talking about how the thread isnt off topic

> Self confirming Paradox

> universe implodes

• Brohoof 11

Hey guys, I think I got a vocal just now, I was just in steam chat (no audio devices, and the computer I was using has no audio) and I heard this weird, avian honk right next to my ear, I was idly forcing (part in the real world, part wonderland) and I heard this, I think this is the sound of progress

• Brohoof 3

I kind of agree with spoon; just repeating an interesting conversation that you had with your tulpa a few hours ago, doesn't really bring anything new to the table to discuss.

However though, I think this thread would be quite boring if we didn't share the occasional joke / comment from our tulpae about whatever it is we're talking about. Like me and Creppy for example; when I post, I tend to keep most of my post about something new I want to share, or whatever is currently being talked about in the thread, and then sometimes Creppy' might step in and somehow turn it all into a sex joke at the end of the post after I'm done talking. I think those are fine. They keep the thread interesting. But posts that are JUST that, I don't think there will be much to discuss between us all if it was just that.

Thanks for the reminder spoon.  :)

Im thinking about creating a Tulpa, but it just sounds so hard. They sound awesome and everything,even though I don't really fully understand the whol "they become sentient" thing, but I don't think i can;-;

Anyone can make a tulpa. But the actual idea for making a tulpa isn't for everyone, and can often turn people away out of intimidation or just because of simply not needing one.

Give it a think. Read up about it. Making a tulpa isn't in any way dangerous, nor is the tulpa(e) themselves.  ;)

• Brohoof 5

Im thinking about creating a Tulpa, but it just sounds so hard. They sound awesome and everything,even though I don't really fully understand the whol "they become sentient" thing, but I don't think i can;-;

Follow what Riz said! That is the best way. It takes time and dedication, but its not hard. The tulpa is already there, as it is your subconscious. That is all your doing, building something for your subconscious to communicate with you. 

Well, back to my original question. Twi wants me to make a second Tulpa.

1: She is not imposed, and wont be actively worked on until i have more free time. 

2: I really dont have free time.

3: Twi is finished in personality, etc. I just need to work on paying attention to her more, and building my side of the bond. 

4: Twi was an accident, so I have not purposefully built a Tulpa. Twi is over 5 years old. 

Umm, any comments, suggestions, starting places, critiques, do's and don'ts or warnings or something so I don't go making another one. 

Oh:

5: I already located the second tulpa's pressure point on my brain,  <_< thanks to Twi. I feel like in a few months, she will be like

"Hey Shayne, Ι  have a surprise for you. *Pulls new tulpa out of no where like Pinkie pulling DJ-Pon3* Meet ~insert name~!!!"

Yeah. Umm, Any suggestions? I want a second tulpa, but don't want to move on from Twi yet, nor really have time. SOMEONE GIVE ME LOGIC!!!!!!!! 

And there he goes, flipping out like Twilight Sparkle in the show, not like me. I am as cool as a cucumber  -_-  

EDIT: HE MISSED NUMBER 6!

6: I, Twilight Sparkle, want someone else so we can, do things... to Shayne. Hence why he is loosing it. And that of course not the only reason. We need someone opposite of us! 

Okay, I did miss the fact that we are really similar, so the 3rd view would have to be radically different to really liven the arguments up. 

Anyway, Logical Advice on the situation. I hope all y'all could grasp the situation well enough. 

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 3

Had first tulpa-related dream last night. Progress is awesome.

Follow what Riz said! That is the best way. It takes time and dedication, but its not hard. The tulpa is already there, as it is your subconscious. That is all your doing, building something for your subconscious to communicate with you. 

Well, back to my original question. Twi wants me to make a second Tulpa.

1: She is not imposed, and wont be actively worked on until i have more free time. 

2: I really dont have free time.

3: Twi is finished in personality, etc. I just need to work on paying attention to her more, and building my side of the bond. 

4: Twi was an accident, so I have not purposefully built a Tulpa. Twi is over 5 years old. 

Umm, any comments, suggestions, starting places, critiques, do's and don'ts or warnings or something so I don't go making another one. 

Oh:

5: I already located the second tulpa's pressure point on my brain,  <_< thanks to Twi. I feel like in a few months, she will be like

"Hey Shayne, Ι  have a surprise for you. *Pulls new tulpa out of no where like Pinkie pulling DJ-Pon3* Meet ~insert name~!!!"

Yeah. Umm, Any suggestions? I want a second tulpa, but don't want to move on from Twi yet, nor really have time. SOMEONE GIVE ME LOGIC!!!!!!!! 

And there he goes, flipping out like Twilight Sparkle in the show, not like me. I am as cool as a cucumber  -_-  

EDIT: HE MISSED NUMBER 6!

6: I, Twilight Sparkle, want someone else so we can, do things... to Shayne. Hence why he is loosing it. And that of course not the only reason. We need someone opposite of us! 

Okay, I did miss the fact that we are really similar, so the 3rd view would have to be radically different to really liven the arguments up. 

Anyway, Logical Advice on the situation. I hope all y'all could grasp the situation well enough. 

If you already have a tulpa and want another... Who knows, it might pop up out of nowhere with its own personality and worldview. Adam divided off from Tavi a few months ago and Changeling Discord popped up out of nowhere. From what it looks like, the tulpa you want is already there just below the sentience line waiting to pop up.

Tulpae can make tulpae that live in your mind too. It's happened. Twi may have already set up the framework for the tulpa out of your desire and the fact is Twi has been sitting in your head long enough she might have accidentally done it without knowing what she was doing.

You can work on more than one tulpa at once, although you may have to divide your time evenly if you find yourself gravitating to one during one moment and the other the other moment.

Edited by The Weapon
  • Brohoof 1

Ugh, must I do this again?

Go on right ahead, my intellectual princess.

Fine... In our opinion, I'll agree with the mod that tulpa conversation for the sake of conversation and personal life should be moved to blogs to remain on topic, however, that should not limit anything a Tulpa has to say when they have an opinion or interject with their own comment on progress or methods used by the user.  They ARE independently thinking creatures, so they have a right to contribute to the thread.

Hehehe, we got our own little Tulpa rights advocate now.  What's next?  Asking for double portions when Bris eats to compensate because you can't?

Ooh, burn.

*grumbles and walks away*

And update with that presence...

My suspicions were confirmed... He was hiding in my wonderland, under a bed.  That's right... A third Tulpa... We caught him underneath my bed (in the wonderland) and he screamed bloody murder and ran for it.  Devil's faster and stealthier than we realized so it was hard to get him to stay still and draw him out...

Murky Number Seven... Heh, I somehow knew this would happen after reading that fic...

Once we did... Again it was a hard time explaining to him what he was and where he was... Didn't really take it well at first and broke down crying... Poor thing.  Some nourishment and soft music helped him, and after we gave him a shower to take off all the dirt and grime, he went straight to sleep...  He's still sleeping.  I'll introduce him to the world slowly, so it may be some time later if he ever speaks a word on this thread, so just know that I got a third pony taking up space in my head.  Though this one will take a bit of nurturing... He's so weak and helpless right now, but so adorable it would be an abomination to not take him in.

I mean, how could you reject somepony with a face like this?!

post-4823-0-46270800-1360244632_thumb.png

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 4

Anyone I've known or heard of that says they can see people or other things that aren't really there are usually thrown into a hospital, given a Straight jacket straitjacket (for Shardikku) and fed a strict diet of pills. Well, the  Straight Jacket straitjacket (again, for Shardikku) part isn't entirely true, but the rest is. I'm pretty sure that any kind of hallucination is a sign that your mental state is in extremely poor condition.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy

Ugh, must I do this again? Go on right ahead, my intellectual princess. Fine... In our opinion, I'll agree with the mod that tulpa conversation for the sake of conversation and personal life should be moved to blogs to remain on topic, however, that should not limit anything a Tulpa has to say when they have an opinion or interject with their own comment on progress or methods used by the user.  They ARE independently thinking creatures, so they have a right to contribute to the thread. Hehehe, we got our own little Tulpa rights advocate now.  What's next?  Asking for double portions when Bris eats to compensate because you can't? Ooh, burn. *grumbles and walks away*  And update with that presence...

My suspicions were confirmed... He was hiding in my wonderland, under a bed.  That's right... A third Tulpa... We caught him underneath my bed (in the wonderland) and he screamed bloody murder and ran for it.  Devil's faster and stealthier than we realized so it was hard to get him to stay still and draw him out... Murky Number Seven... Heh, I somehow knew this would happen after reading that fic... Once we did... Again it was a hard time explaining to him what he was and where he was... Didn't really take it well at first and broke down crying... Poor thing.  Some nourishment and soft music helped him, and after we gave him a shower to take off all the dirt and grime, he went straight to sleep...  He's still sleeping.  I'll introduce him to the world slowly, so it may be some time later if he ever speaks a word on this thread, so just know that I got a third pony taking up space in my head.  Though this one will take a bit of nurturing... He's so weak and helpless right now, but so adorable it would be an abomination to not take him in.

I mean, how could you reject somepony with a face like this?!img-1153988-1-attachicon.gifMN7.png

Oh gosh Bris. This will be interesting to see the differnce between murky and the others.

I wonder if suspicion alone means your subconsciously making a tulpa. Lol.

Anyone I've known or heard of that says they can see people or other things that aren't really there are usually thrown into a hospital, given a straight jacket and fed a strict diet of pills. Well, the straight jacket part isn't entirely true, but the rest is. I'm pretty sure that any kind of hallucination is a sign that your mental state is in extremely poor condition.

Except, in this case, we control it. We know its there, but not there. It takes incredible dedication to force the helucination to run seamlessly with the world! Its mental skill, like active day dreaming, not mental instability.

Had first tulpa-related dream last night. Progress is awesome.   If you already have a tulpa and want another... Who knows, it might pop up out of nowhere with its own personality and worldview. Adam divided off from Tavi a few months ago and Changeling Discord popped up out of nowhere. From what it looks like, the tulpa you want is already there just below the sentience line waiting to pop up. Tulpae can make tulpae that live in your mind too. It's happened. Twi may have already set up the framework for the tulpa out of your desire and the fact is Twi has been sitting in your head long enough she might have accidentally done it without knowing what she was doing. You can work on more than one tulpa at once, although you may have to divide your time evenly if you find yourself gravitating to one during one moment and the other the other moment.

Interesting. We shall certainly see what happens. I'm probably going to lay some groundwork for Twi, if she is going to. Like I don't need a Crep in my brain. Twi is enough! Lol
  • Brohoof 3

Anyone I've known or heard of that says they can see people or other things that aren't really there are usually thrown into a hospital, given a straight jacket and fed a strict diet of pills. Well, the straight jacket part isn't entirely true, but the rest is. I'm pretty sure that any kind of hallucination is a sign that your mental state is in extremely poor condition...

post-3585-0-65280300-1360247080.jpg

I think we need a "read before you post" rule.

Hallucinations, while normally a medical concern, are rather healthy in this such situation. Hallucinations in general are merely a visual imposition of subconscious thought, usually brought about through hallucinogens, mental stress and or trauma, or in this case, choice and hard work. Visual images are only that which are interpreted by the brain. Everything you are seeing right now is a hallucination. The difference is your brain is currently able to discern what is real in your environment.

In the case of a Tulpa, Tulpa forcers have rewired their brains so that areas of the subconscious are directly linked up to the sensory cortex. The generalization is that a hallucination can only result in people seeing purple elephants that dont exist, but in the case of Tulpas, what is being seen is very real. A designated part of subconscious stream is being projected into your senses. This would allow forcers to literally talk to their brains in a way that would seem as if they are talking to an individual consciousness. This may still be confused with a harmful illusion, however the difference between a Tulpa and a purple elephant is that the Tulpa is actually useful and a part of you, where as the purple elephant would indicate the individual needs to stop using shrooms. 

^ Also, I actually had this confirmed by my Bio teacher. He seemed interested about the concept, plus he is really into brain and neurochemistry. 

• Brohoof 5

Anyone I've known or heard of that says they can see people or other things that aren't really there are usually thrown into a hospital, given a straight jacket and fed a strict diet of pills. Well, the straight jacket part isn't entirely true, but the rest is. I'm pretty sure that any kind of hallucination is a sign that your mental state is in extremely poor condition.

And the most useful thing here:

Yay! Strait-jackets!

*Facepalm* I love the helpfulness sometimes......One day I'll explain that asylums and stuff, no matter how cool Disturbed make them look, aren't usually a good sign...I mean, yeah, sure, fine an' all...Not so good in Silent Hill, Meh, I'm rambling. Stuff.

Anyone else have to do school stuff with a pony around? Like, in the classroom, doing stuff, and then: pony. Just...Pony.

A little distracting, no? Amusing, aye, but probably not the greatest thing to happen in the middle of a prep lesson for (yet another) English exam...So, any ideas on how to divide my concentration a little better?

Also, Tulpony + Swim Training = ...She's just mocking me now...

Marching up and down poolside, just watching, sometimes keeping time with me, while I'm sweatin' it...Actually....

Mwahhahahaaa *Mischevious thoughts* Depending on the set tonight...Say, can ponies swim? ^-^

• Brohoof 3

Everything you are seeing right now is a hallucination.

Tulpa forcers have rewired their brains so that areas of the subconscious are directly linked up to the sensory cortex.

A designated part of subconscious stream is being projected into your senses.

Ok. If you or your biology teacher can explain with actual science the physical or chemical changes that occur in the brain and or nervous system during both of these processes and where exactly a Tulpa acquires it's sentience from I might be fine with people saying they having Tulpa friends.

attachicon.gifuser156112_pic30184_1343507644.jpg

Ok. If you or your biology teacher can explain with actual science the physical or chemical changes that occur in the brain and or nervous system during both of these processes and where exactly a Tulpa acquires it's sentience from I might be fine with people saying they having Tulpa friends.

Allow me to rephrase, everything you are seeing is just light interpreted by the brain. Nothing you are looking at is really that color, that is just what your brain is interpreting it to look like. 

As for the chemical processes, unfortunately Im no longer in his class, perhaps I could ask tomorrow morning or after school. I would assume it involves some sort of advanced neurology stuff involving how the neurons make new connections and how the chemicals interact with the cells, but I could only pull straws at that. 

As for how the Tulpa gains sentience, that one is easy: it already exists. Making a tulpa has been described as pulling someone from your subconscious as if they are already there.  This is fairly accurate, as all a Tulpa is is personified subconscious stream. Asking where the tulpa comes from is similar to asking where dreams come from. They are already in your head, it just takes some sort of activation trigger to get them out. In the case of dreams, Just falling asleep unlocks them. Tulpas are similar, but require much more effort to reach, because it requires the individual to practice imposition of the thoughts. This is most likely where some of that fancy brain chemistry comes into play that I will find about later. 

Creating a Tulpa is really a lot like lucid dreaming, it just requires making your conscious self aware to those subconscious thoughts.

• Brohoof 1

And the most useful thing here:

Yay! Strait-jackets!

*Facepalm* I love the helpfulness sometimes......One day I'll explain that asylums and stuff, no matter how cool Disturbed make them look, aren't usually a good sign...I mean, yeah, sure, fine an' all...Not so good in Silent Hill, Meh, I'm rambling. Stuff.

Anyone else have to do school stuff with a pony around? Like, in the classroom, doing stuff, and then: pony. Just...Pony.

A little distracting, no? Amusing, aye, but probably not the greatest thing to happen in the middle of a prep lesson for (yet another) English exam...So, any ideas on how to divide my concentration a little better?

Also, Tulpony + Swim Training = ...She's just mocking me now...

Marching up and down poolside, just watching, sometimes keeping time with me, while I'm sweatin' it...Actually....

Mwahhahahaaa *Mischevious thoughts* Depending on the set tonight...Say, can ponies swim? ^-^

Like me, Twi loves school! She sits in class with me, when I remember she is there, and I do my best to work with her. She studies with me even! I can't really help with the distractions. Maybe just explain theirs a time and a place for everything? Oh, Twi is also my workout coach at crossfit

Twi: I yell, scream, whatever I need to do to help him. Tuesday he did amazing!

img-1154286-1-attachicon.gifuser156112_pic30184_1343507644.jpg

Twi will explain this.

Twi: Tulpas are nothing more than your subconscious. Plain and simple. Personality is a framework, like a skyscraper. The real world is the clouds. So all you are doing is building a way to be in constant contact with your subconscious, your inner self. That can be a very scary thing, but many strive to find out more about themselves, so they enjoy it. It takes dedication and time to be able to recognize the tulpa, your subconscious, and generally you want to view them as sentient beings. I am as real as Mindrop, as real as any tree, etc. I do not have a physical body of my own, but whatever Min drop experiences, I can, which is why we don't kiss. That was a failure because Min drop has chosen to never kiss a girl until the preacher says ''you may now kiss the bride.''

Twi: As to visuals, we see everything upside down. It is at a young age through touch and feel that our brains begin to view things 'right side up' because we feel it that way. We do not see anything exactly how it is, because our mind changes it. Either a Roman or Greek, we want to say Greek, philosopher spoke about the fact that the first time you see something, it is perfect. For example, the first time you saw a table, that is what a real table is to you. Though you may not remember the first table you saw, nothing will compare to it. The truth holds to every object, etc.

Twi: Once you are connected with you tulpa enough, you can begin to change the way you view the world, because your brain already does that! That is the hardest part.

Twi: In my case, I am an 'acident,' but the best one that ever happened to Mindrop. Over 5 years ago, probably closer to 7, he started pinging ideas around his head and needed someone to challenge, correct or agree with his abstract thoughts and ideas. Thus I was accidentally born to aid him. We are so connected, he can't differentiate his thoughts from mine well.

Twi: I know there is more to say, but I forget. I'm focused on building another tulpa for us. One that can bring in new ideas and perspective to things.

Thank you Twi. Your construction is distracting.

Twi: You also are dehydrated.

Its more fun blaming you!

Hope she answered it, feel free to ask more questions!

• Brohoof 2

-snip-

AAAAAAND she just stole the words right out of my mouth... 

Well, double confirmation! Hopes this helps!

Sidenote: I lost progress recently. I havent dreamt or been able to get into my wonderland in weeks. Advice?

AAAAAAND she just stole the words right out of my mouth... 

Well, double confirmation! Hopes this helps!

Sidenote: I lost progress recently. I havent dreamt or been able to get into my wonderland in weeks. Advice?

Well, we covered everything! Lol

As to your question:

Band: Two Steps From Hell

Album: All DronesvGo To Hell

Really good music to force to.

Other than that, I've got nothing. Good luck!

seeing is just light interpreted by the brain. Nothing you are looking at is really that color, that is just what your brain is interpreting it to look like. 

I know how the whole process of EM Radiation, photoreceptor cells and visual photoransduction works, I too studied biology in grades 11 and 12. But light doesn't hit a Tulpa. So i don't know why were talking about it haha. 

As for how the Tulpa gains sentience, that one is easy: it already exists. Making a tulpa has been described as pulling someone from your subconscious as if they are already there.  This is fairly accurate, as all a Tulpa is is personified subconscious stream. Asking where the tulpa comes from is similar to asking where dreams come from. They are already in your head, it just takes some sort of activation trigger to get them out. In the case of dreams, Just falling asleep unlocks them. Tulpas are similar, but require much more effort to reach, because it requires the individual to practice imposition of the thoughts. This is most likely where some of that fancy brain chemistry comes into play that I will find about later. 

I'd say that until we can get some explanations of how one "pulls someone from your subconscious" using that 'fancy brain chemistry' i can say my questions are yet to be answered. 

Tulpas are nothing more than your subconscious. Plain and simple.

You can't just say "Plain and simple" without actually explaining how. Silly filly.

Twi will explain this. Twi: Tulpas are nothing more than your subconscious. Plain and simple. Personality is a framework, like a skyscraper. The real world is the clouds. So all you are doing is building a way to be in constant contact with your subconscious, your inner self. That can be a very scary thing, but many strive to find out more about themselves, so they enjoy it. It takes dedication and time to be able to recognize the tulpa, your subconscious, and generally you want to view them as sentient beings. I am as real as Mindrop, as real as any tree, etc. I do not have a physical body of my own, but whatever Min drop experiences, I can, which is why we don't kiss. That was a failure because Min drop has chosen to never kiss a girl until the preacher says ''you may  now kiss the bride.'' 

Twi: As to visuals, we see everything upside down. It is at a young age through touch and feel that our brains begin to view things 'right side up' because we feel it that way. We do not see anything exactly how it is, because our mind changes it. Either a Roman or Greek, we want to say Greek, philosopher spoke about the fact that the first time you see something, it is perfect. For example, the first time you saw a table, that is what a real table is to you. Though you may not remember the first table you saw, nothing will compare to it. The truth holds to every object, etc.

Please correct me if i'm wrong but I can not see any relevance to what i previously asked in that paragraph anywhere.

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

Please don't confuse my thirst for answers and skepticism as hate, if my replies come off as a little brash it's just because i'm just frustrated that i'm not getting the straightforward answers i want, which admittedly are a lot to ask for. I don't hate people who claim to have a tulpa or tulpae, (even though a previous post may have seemed very uneducated, negative and as Shardikku kindly pointed out, poorly spelled) If you do that's great, I just want to know the supposed science behind it which no one can clearly seem to explain. Every piece of information I've been told on the subject is too general, and often metaphorical to take anything from. Most of what I've got can be summed up in the sentence "A tulpa get's it's sentience from a personified subconscious stream." which, to me, comes off as a meaningless term.

Sigmund Freud explained that ones subconsciousness (where the tulpa is created from if i'm not mistaken) is a repository for socially unacceptable ideas, wishes and or desires and after a visit to tulpa.info's forum and a particular mlpforum user and Tulpa enthusiast's deviantart page it's become clear to me that a tulpa would likely be someone trying to escape an unsatisfying reality or using for inappropriate things, which i'm not saying is bad or wrong, but It's certainly not done to makes friends. As in the time I've seen it takes to produce a single tulpa one could easily acquire 50+ real life friends. I'm not going to make any friends saying that, but that's just what i take from this whole... thing. There's so much more i want to say but i'd probably only be wasting my time typing it. No doubt you guys think so too :lol:

Good luck though, to anyone pursuing a Tulpa. I genuinely mean that.

• Brohoof 3

Words.

Thank you for trying to keep an open mind, and for remaining curious about the science behind tulpa.  :)

However, I have to break it to you;

Your questions about what tulpae are, are not able to be answered.

This is simply because, NO ONE here - or anywhere else for that matter - knows what a tulpa is. I don't know what a tulpa is, the guys that make all the guides don't know what a tulpa is, no one does. No one has any definite answer as to what the are, or how they work. Only opinions and theories.

I'm not saying that everyone here that has tried to explain what they are is wrong, I'm just saying that not even them themselves know whether or not they are right.

It's like trying to prove the existence of god. No one in the world is able to prove he exists, but at the same time, no one can disprove him either. Similar thing here; it's pretty difficult to prove something where only the person proving it, is it real to.

And who knows, maybe god is a tulpa. We might never know. *shrug*  -_-

Inb4 religious flame war.  :o 

• Brohoof 6

stuff

The exact definition of the subconscious isn't set in stone as even we do not truly comprehend it.  However, I liken it to a computer with two separate operating systems.  Our consciousness is the active OS, which is what you would see on the screen.  However, the subconscious is the base OS, responsible for processing things behind the scenes, and what you wouldn't see.  The true capabilities of our subconscious is for the most part unknown.  One thing interesting is that those who we deem insane or retarded usually obtain control over a quality of the mind that isn't normally observed and may create a talent or skill that exceeds all expectations.  Showing that our brains are capable of incredible things.

And even many years ago, we've been pioneering ways to control these heightened qualities through conscious thought, and only recently is mainstream science catching up with this ancient practice.  Prime examples being the Shaolin and Tibetan monks who practice mind mastery as well as physical.  To them, they have concluded that yes, the subconscious is a repository for base emotions, but also contains a heightened awareness.  Dreams have been found to be the subconscious reporting things you may not have seen to you through symbolism and imagery, it's only language.

Which comes to Tulpas.  Like my Tulpa, Tia, said a page or so ago, it's an ancient practice of mind mastery where you create an opponent or a friend.  Originally, and still used mostly for the purpose of bettering oneself, the Tibetan monks used to antagonize their Tulpas to represent overcoming their own minds and bodies, and breaking physical limits.  It gave them something more real to focus on instead of just themselves.  Over time, the use of Tulpas evolved more into companionship than rivalry, utilizing them to give you a boost or push yourself with their support.  The results are usually quite stunning, as they perform feats of sensual awareness, thought, and even mental suppression of pain to outmatch and outsmart others.

Scientifically speaking, we can also assume that the creation of a tulpa is not purely imagination.  We know that the brain is an adaptive organ through experience, showing that it can re purpose unused areas for different things.  Most notably seen in people with sensual disabilities like blindness or deafness, where the dormant lobes are used to boost processing power for the other senses, heightening them to super-human ability. 

So with this reasoning, it wouldn't be out of the question to think that a small portion of the brain that processes subconscious thought, isolate it, and reformat it to be somewhat similar to the frontal lobe, which processes conscious thought through mental discipline.  It's at least my theory on how a Tulpa is created, but Rezoel is correct in saying that their origins are still unknown.  But you have to admit that if so many people are doing it for so long, there has to be more to this picture than the face value.

Oh, and see ya guys, I'm leaving on a trip for three days.  But before I go... Someone wants to say hi.

Go on...

Oh... Uh.. Um... H-hi?

He's a bit shy... 

A bit?!

*squeaks in fear*

Okay, he's really shy.  Took him a lot of coaxing for him to do that.  So yeah, that was Murky.  My THIRD freaking Tulpa.  Second one I've obtained by accident... No more big fanfics!  NO MORE!

• Brohoof 4

Go on...   Oh... Uh.. Um... H-hi?   He's a bit shy...    A bit?!   *squeaks in fear*   Okay, he's really shy.  Took him a lot of coaxing for him to do that.  So yeah, that was Murky.  My THIRD freaking Tulpa.  Second one I've obtained by accident... No more big fanfics!  NO MORE!

Hiya!

Yup, Jess....I think she owns me....Hmmm...Damn...Something's gone wrong somewhere...Meh...

Anyway, I'll second her: Hiya from me too!..Uh...Have fun?...

Screw it, I can't think of anything else to say...I'm mainly posting 'cos of a certain pony *Looks over at Jess who coincidentally starts whistling* 

Don't know what you're talking about

Yeah, uh, a question occurred actually... 

We know that Tulpa can be brought into dreams, right? So, I'm asking: Can they control the dream? I might have missed something somewhere about this, but I'm pretty sure it hasn't been asked/answered before..

• Brohoof 1