Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Well the hour count for making a tulpa varies from person to person, it depends on your level of thought and concentration(for some it can take years to make a tulpa,for others it could take a week). Though I'm a little skeptical FrostFyre.( you see I just wanna make sure)

Did you narrate to them, or go in depth with their personality by saying what their reaction would be in certain situations. Stuff like that. I think that some narrate until they hear a voice, or until it becomes more frequent and you can hold a conversation.

But its all up to you. If your finished with the personality now and you know it then you should be fine. You might be one of those 'godly' thinkers (if that makes sense) or just be impatient and rushing.

LUCID DREAMT!

For... 5 seconds... but still! Lucid right?

I still need to pull a tulpa in once I get better at this. I did promise a certain white and yellow mare that I would

I cant believe you forgot about me

I didn't forget! I got distracted!

You forgot about me!

Nonono I-

Ill talk to you guys later, I have some things to sort out! 

Peace!

• Brohoof 1

LUCID DREAMT!

For... 5 seconds... but still! Lucid right?

I still need to pull a tulpa in once I get better at this. I did promise a certain white and yellow mare that I would

I cant believe you forgot about me

I didn't forget! I got distracted!

You forgot about me!

Nonono I-

Ill talk to you guys later, I have some things to sort out! 

Peace!

Millie: Yay! Lucid dreams are fun! ^.^

Even if it is just 5 seconds, it is a lucid dream. I also cannot handle lucid dreams very long... their length is often below 1 minute. If you need some advice, you can ask me, but of course I don't have answers for everything, because I am also quite new to it.

Millie: Oh, and hi Breezie ^.^ I'm sorry I couldn't say hi to you earlier. SOMEPONY was just too lazy to write it down for me!

._. uh

Millie: But don't worry my sweetie fluffie cutie *pats Gekoncze* I forgive you.

.__. uh

Millie: *giggles*

Lisa: *giggles*

Millie: Also, I tried to fill the pony personality test and guess what I got? ^.^

45c0f93528e6a7a4ef2e5219fef11208.jpg

Lisa: Yeah, what else would you get when your moto is "first fun, then school"...

Millie: ^.^ What do you all have with that so called "skuull"? derpy_emoticon1.png Never mind ^.^ I think it would be interesting to see what are personalities of other tulpae, so if you have time, you can share your results. ^.^ We may also try the styles of writing. I bet I'll have the most beautiful handwriting ^.^ Oh and Breezie, if you need any advice for what to do in lucid dream, just ask me wink.png

.___. uh

Millie: Oh and for the identity crysis that was discussed here, we didn't have any problems luckily. ... almos any ph34r.png. I still think about my pet Bonaparte sometimes, but fortunetly I found a new pet for me ^.^ *pats Gekoncze*

.____. uh

Millie: By the way, how many Twilights do we have here right now ? blink.png

Edited by Gekoncze
  • Brohoof 1

yeah i know what you guys mean. honestly, not too sure. id like to spend much more time on personality and emotions and visualizing but i am to damn impatient. im repressing that though and have been narrating since earlier today. (im on day 3.) also for me my mind is rather fritzy when it comes to forcing. its hard for me to picture twilight and when i do shes way out of focus like in a blur or physical distortions and weird stuff like that. idk. halp?

Since I joined this fandom, I've heard the word 'tulpa' so many times. I didn't think that this 'tulpa' you guys were talking about was really 'tulpa.' I thought it was something else since what I read was something like "tulpa music" etc. Recently I realized that it's really is. laugh.png

Well, my advice is to be careful guys. Trust me. There are reasons why some spiritualists don't make tulpa. The training itself was meant to build mind discipline and understanding. We spiritualists don't play with it.

Don't get me wrong. I use tulpa just like you guys do, but pretty different (limited). I use one without emotion for practicing martial art. Many martial artists use tulpa for training while they're alone, but none of us gives emotion to the tulpa. We just create an imaginary enemy to spare with, but no emotion. Just that.

Sometimes I create it with weapons, and I myself use an imaginary Dao (broad saber) for it. I know it sounds crazy, and I really look insane while doing that, but it works. I can feel the weight, etc. Sometimes when I lose (lose to an imaginary enemy may sounds silly indeed) I will make it stop, then start again. Just that. Hmm... wait! That means technically I've killed many imaginary people. I'm a murderer! D:

Please be careful guys. Personally, I'm not brave enough to give emotions to a tulpa. I will admit that. There are reasons why we spiritualist don't. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't though. Having an imaginary Rainbow Dash sounds like fun indeed. Maybe some of you understand it better than me, somehow. I'm just worrying about it. Please remember that you have the control of everything related to your tulpa. Always remember it. Some people often forget it.

My advice is, don't mess with something you don't fully understand. smile.png

Edited by Sky Warden

Please be careful guys. Personally, I'm not brave enough to give emotions to a tulpa. I will admit that. There are reasons why we spiritualist don't. That doesn't mean that you shouldn't though. Having an imaginary Rainbow Dash sounds like fun indeed. Maybe some of you understand it better than me, somehow. I'm just worrying about it. Please remember that you have the control of everything related to your tulpa. Always remember it. Some people often forget it.

Explain "spiritualist" because that is a vauge and non descript word. By my understanding, I would label myself one, but others would state I am not. 

Also, what are these reason. For I see nothing bad about adding emotions to a tulpa. Emotions are natural, and good. And therefore, if one is to improve themselves, they need to face and work with, not against their emotions. In fact, Reales is designed to help connect me with my emotions. 

Great news I made some huge progress just a few minutes ago she changed from twilight a form to a kind of shadow in the shape of a pony but a bit taller and sort of slender and I could instantly feel tons of pressure across my entire head which lasted the rest of the session while I narrated and she teleported around in circles showing off her new dark shadowy teleporting aura

But she still hasn't talked in my mind clearly enough for me to hear just pulses of pressure across my head

Should I try to add more talkative to her personality and I think I'll render her now that she doesn't look like twilight and already doesn't think like twilight (I actually think her new form is cooler than anything I could have come up with too which makes me even more exited about possibly making conversation soon)

• Brohoof 1

I just remembered today I've been reading and making redstone logic gates in Minecraft and almost nothing else do you think this gas any effect on how well I can communicate in my sessions

If so I'll be making more computers in Minecraft for the next few days at least

This whole tulpa thing sounds really awesome and I really want to try it. Only one problem...

...I had a hardcore christian upbringing (don't really follow it anymore) and I can't shake the idea of demons, possession,etc.

Anyone else had to get over this type of thinking?

• Brohoof 1

Explain "spiritualist" because that is a vauge and non descript word. By my understanding, I would label myself one, but others would state I am not. 

Also, what are these reason. For I see nothing bad about adding emotions to a tulpa. Emotions are natural, and good. And therefore, if one is to improve themselves, they need to face and work with, not against their emotions. In fact, Reales is designed to help connect me with my emotions. 

I didn't say emotions are bad. Of course it's good to express love and positive emotions. Emotions are just risky. Fragile. Even bad 'vibrations' can ruin it. Mind is very sensitive to 'vibrations'. You need a good control of your mind to do this. Actually this is the purpose of tulpa training. To build mind discipline. Some people can't even control their own emotions. It's very good if you can control it, and I see no problem with it if you can. :)

Just worrying about you guys. I hope you guys are good with yours.

Just say, family tradition.

I didn't say emotions are bad. Of course it's good to express love and positive emotions. Emotions are just risky. Fragile. Even bad 'vibrations' can ruin it. Mind is very sensitive to 'vibrations'. You need a good control of your mind to do this. Actually this is the purpose of tulpa training. To build mind discipline. Some people can't even control their own emotions. It's very good if you can control it, and I see no problem with it if you can. smile.png

Just worrying about you guys. I hope you guys are good with yours.

Just say, family tradition.

Again, dodging the question with non desctipt warnings taking the stance of an expert with no clout among this group. Its great you say you care about us, but you are not communicating well. You have yet to explain "spiritualist" and why "many" dont add emotions to tulpas. 

This whole tulpa thing sounds really awesome and I really want to try it. Only one problem...   ...I had a hardcore christian upbringing (don't really follow it anymore) and I can't shake the idea of demons, possession,etc.   Anyone else had to get over this type of thinking?
 I am christian and see it as a gift from God. The mind a beautiful thing. Of course, you must be careful. But my Tulpas are all "christian" and together we work to avoid temptations and problems. plus, you can not be forced to do anything outside your will. You are stronger than your subconscious.  Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 2

This whole tulpa thing sounds really awesome and I really want to try it. Only one problem...   ...I had a hardcore christian upbringing (don't really follow it anymore) and I can't shake the idea of demons, possession,etc.   Anyone else had to get over this type of thinking?

I went to a Catholic School for 9 years, and went to Church once or twice every week for those 9 years. Believe me when I say I thought about how this factored into my beliefs. I can see how someone would see it as creating a new "soul", basically "playing God" in a way. I tend not to think of tulpae like that, instead thinking of them as an extension of your own soul. And, as Mindrop said, the mind is a gift from God that should be utilized to its fullest potential. If for you, you think that includes making a tulpa, then there should be no reason to doubt.

Edited by Yosef von Uzenvard
  • Brohoof 2

Quick thought question thing

Isn't a tulpa smarter than you by nature knowing everything you know and actually remembering it

It's been a while since I talked to somebody who knew more than I did about something that interested me and I've never talked to anybody that knew more about how electricity works so if that's the case this is going to be really cool

.... I'll be talking to myself about physics likely in a dark corner for hours on end

• Brohoof 2

Again, dodging the question with non desctipt warnings taking the stance of an expert with no clout among this group. Its great you say you care about us, but you are not communicating well. You have yet to explain "spiritualist" and why "many" dont add emotions to tulpas. 

I am christian and see it as a gift from God. The mind a beautiful thing. Of course, you must be careful. But my Tulpas are all "christian" and together we work to avoid temptations and problems. plus, you can not be forced to do anything outside your will. You are stronger than your subconscious. 

Eh? I haven't explained it? I thought I have.

The reason is simple. Many of us don't add emotions to tulpa because we... well, don't really like creating one and like I said, human emotions can be very fragile. We don't get bored easily. In fact, we love being alone, and without 'talking' to ourself. The key of our way is to be aware of everything, having mind discipline, and making true happiness.

We take the world as it is. We're not obsessed in creating... something else (including imaginary friend). We're happy from what have existed. This world is already more than enough for us to enjoy. Because I'm practicing martial art, I create one. Just to help practicing. It's recommended to create one to practice with indeed.

I'm Asian, so our views in spiritual thingy maybe different. Simply spiritualist is a group of people who follow the spiritual way. That's not important by the way. I don't say tulpa or emotions are bad. What I'm trying to say is what I said in my first post.

Quick thought question thing

Isn't a tulpa smarter than you by nature knowing everything you know and actually remembering it

It's been a while since I talked to somebody who knew more than I did about something that interested me and I've never talked to anybody that knew more about how electricity works so if that's the case this is going to be really cool

.... I'll be talking to myself about physics likely in a dark corner for hours on end

And faster processing. Better access to brain use. Some seem smarter, but remember, they can't know anyhting you have not learned. They usually have access to every memory, something the human consious has trouble accessing easily. 

Eh? I haven't explained it? I thought I have.

The reason is simple. Many of us don't add emotions to tulpa because we... well, don't really like creating one and like I said, human emotions can be very fragile. We don't get bored easily. In fact, we love being alone, and without 'talking' to ourself. The key of our way is to be aware of everything, having mind discipline, and making true happiness.

We take the world as it is. We're not obsessed in creating... something else (including imaginary friend). We're happy from what have existed. This world is already more than enough for us to enjoy. Because I'm practicing martial art, I create one. Just to help practicing. It's recommended to create one to practice with indeed.

I'm Asian, so our views in spiritual thingy maybe different. Simply spiritualist is a group of people who follow the spiritual way. That's not important by the way. I don't say tulpa or emotions are bad. What I'm trying to say is what I said in my first post.

Okay. Makes more sense. And actually, the definition is very important. It helps me key in on how you view the world, etc.  How many others do you know who create tulpas? If I would even call what you do a tulpa. Our technique is based on a Tibetan one. I say based on because many just become friends with their tulpas. 

In my case, I actually stick to the original. My tulpas are there to challenge and improve me, as well as work with me to achive more than I could alone. I have done this for 6 years now. 

I went to a Catholic School for 9 years, and went to Church once or twice every week for those 9 years. Believe me when I say I thought about how this factored into my beliefs. I can see how someone would see it as creating a new "soul", basically "playing God" in a way. I tend not to think of tulpae like that, instead thinking of them as an extension of your own soul. And, as Mindrop said, the mind is a gift from God that should be utilized to its fullest potential. If for you, you think that includes making a tulpa, then there should be no reason to doubt.

SPOT ON MAN!!!

Okay. Makes more sense. And actually, the definition is very important. It helps me key in on how you view the world, etc. How many others do you know who create tulpas? If I would even call what you do a tulpa. Our technique is based on a Tibetan one. I say based on because many just become friends with their tulpas. In my case, I actually stick to the original. My tulpas are there to challenge and improve me, as well as work with me to achive more than I could alone. I have done this for 6 years now.

Yes. That spiritual way has expanded to many regions in Asia. Actually, Tibet isn't the only culture which created this kind of techniques. Many other cultures in Asia have the same. They just call it with different names, and somehow the Tibetan one is more famous.

By the way, a tulpa doesn't need to has emotions. An imaginary object is also called a tulpa. Like the imaginary Dao I use while practicing and that emotionless man I practice with. About the number, I don't know. It's rather hard to count how many people who have learned this martial art since the time it's created. laugh.png

Tulpa is a form of training to build mind discipline and better understanding of human mind. That's how I treat it. I'm not much a tulpa-er.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

Yes. That spiritual way has expanded to many regions in Asia. Actually, Tibet isn't the only culture which created this kind of techniques. Many other cultures in Asia have the same. They just call it with different names, and somehow the Tibetan one is more famous.

By the way, a tulpa doesn't need to has emotions. An imaginary object is also called a tulpa. Like the imaginary Dao I use while practicing and that emotionless man I practice with. About the number, I don't know. It's rather hard to count how many people who have learned this martial art since the time it's created. laugh.png

Tulpa is a form of training to build mind discipline and better understanding of human mind. That's how I treat it. I'm not much a tulpa-er.

I was not meaning the martial art, but how many others you know who use tulpas for various reasons. And yes, I am aware that many cultures have developed mental techniques similar. Each has its own unique ideologies which separate it. 

• Brohoof 1

I was not meaning the martial art, but how many others you know who use tulpas for various reasons. And yes, I am aware that many cultures have developed mental techniques similar. Each has its own unique ideologies which separate it. 

Eeyup. Basically formed because human are similar.

Hmm... most of them are martial artists who train in the Palace 'dojo' or other places. I follow my family martial art, but sometimes I train with people in the Palace 'dojo'. We have similar techniques, so I can train with them. The people who I really know is about... 30 + 32 + 18 + ... about 85. There are more actually, but what I really know are just that around 85. We often trained together in the past.

For total, I don't know. :lol:

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 1

ok let me get this straight. You can't have a tulpa without emotions. Emotions are what make a tulpa, which is why when you make one the personality should have the most time spent on it. Without emotions it really is a Servitor (which are great but just not a tulpa) and is usually made for a specific task i.e. be a training partner.

ok let me get this straight. You can't have a tulpa without emotions. Emotions are what make a tulpa, which is why when you make one the personality should have the most time spent on it. Without emotions it really is a Servitor (which are great but just not a tulpa) and is usually made for a specific task i.e. be a training partner.

post-10241-0-40417400-1365934799_thumb.png

Oh? I didn't know that the meaning changed. Thanks for clearing this up. I thought tulpa is a realization of mind, idea, or thought. I didn't know that it need to have emotions. I really need to check the Internet more often. The last time I saw it, it was still the same.

This whole tulpa thing sounds really awesome and I really want to try it. Only one problem...

...I had a hardcore christian upbringing (don't really follow it anymore) and I can't shake the idea of demons, possession,etc.

Anyone else had to get over this type of thinking?

I am spiritual and think there is a possibility of strange alien things existing in the realm unseen. I think if nothing else a tulpa would be able to help you be safer, assuming your tulpa is in good shape. Some people's tulpae will just... vanish for periods of time, and can be rescued (but sometimes not) In this state the tulpa would be as vulnerable as you, but, I haven't met a person yet who had any sort of spiritual problems AND had a tulpa. If a tulpa is mostly a mental faculty, which would be the case for most of us who are doing this psychologically (as it would undoubtebly take a lot more effort than any one of us has yet made to produce the tibetan tulpa that inspired all this), I also doubt a tulpa would attract unwanted attention from the spirit world.

If you have spirit problems, then it is not cuz you have a tulpa but because of your very nature attracts them to begin with.

Anyway those are my opinions and beliefs, and are pretty subjective, but my last one is that I believe in reincarnation, and I think a tulpa would act as "having two lives at once". I am vagule aware of a subject called akashic records, which is an idea talking about the information a soul records about all your past lives, and that you'd probably just have one for both your tulpa and you. Or that's what I'd like to believe.

attachicon.gifoh_really.png

Oh? I didn't know that the meaning changed. Thanks for clearing this up. I thought tulpa is a realization of mind, idea, or thought. I didn't know that it need to have emotions. I really need to check the Internet more often. The last time I saw it, it was still the same.

Sounds like you are talking about a Servitor. Servitors are mental energies you can actualize, but do not think for themselves or have emotions.

A tulpa should be like a real person or creature or animal. It thinks for itself, and acts as if it has a mind of its own and is autonomous, and they frequently want to self-actualize.

This is why tulpa are dangerous. They are dangerous because they want to self-actualize. Like people do.

So they're dangerous, but, so are people. They're as dangerous as you and I are already dangerous to each other. Our tulpae are as dangerous as other people are on the internet to one another.

But I think the benefits outweigh the penalties. You can make, literally make, great life-long friends. I guess it just depends on how good of a father you are.

Think of Frankenstein. The Monster in Frankenstein does bad things because Victor literally abandons his creation. The Monster was left alone and confused.

I think the worst a tulpa can do to you is break your heart.

• Brohoof 1

This is why tulpa are dangerous. They are dangerous because they want to self-actualize. Like people do. So they're dangerous, but, so are people. They're as dangerous as you and I are already dangerous to each other. Our tulpae are as dangerous as other people are on the internet to one another.

That's why I asked you guys to be careful. :lol:

Then that means I don't play with tulpa. I don't think I will though.

Be careful of your own emotions. Do bad things to people, and they will be bad. Share love with people, they will share more love. :)

• Brohoof 1

Hmm. This whole Tulpa thing is interesting. I don't think I am capable of making one though. However, ever since I was little, there has been a stick figure. Every god damn where. It's ridiculous, now that I think about it. I'm not sure if its an imaginary friend, or a Tulpa, or whatever. It's just a random stick figure. Probably created by my conscious back when I animated stick war thingies. It doesn't speak, btw.

That's why I asked you guys to be careful. laugh.png

Then that means I don't play with tulpa. I don't think I will though.

Be careful of your own emotions. Do bad things to people, and they will be bad. Share love with people, they will share more love. smile.png

I understand. It makes sense of course. I firmly believe that the better you know yourself, and the better you can get along with yourself, the better your tulpa will be. Anyway the tulpa.info website or whatever it is called is stuffed with people with tulpae who are in stable relationships. So far most people are doing really well,or just not succeeding.

I would also like to say we might have seemed hostile to you initially, if that impression was made at all, because every person who has come to our very large topic saying we should be careful of tulpa has not given us a real life story about a tulpa and its creator having a bad relationship, and every other relationship we've observed or heard of has been positive. So the success of tulpae and the happy relationships built have been overwhelmingly positive.

So I acknowledge they can be dangerous, but so far, they've been dangerous to no one in practice.

I think being sincere at all times with a tulpa is the most important thing, and is why a lot of the others in this topic are doing so well, because they share and confide in their tulpae.