Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

This seems interesting, but I am a bit confused on how to make a tulpa. What are some rules and tips for making one? Do you have to spend 100 hours in one sitting or can you break them up into 1 hour sessions?

Though it is "technically" possible to do a 100 hour session at once, not only is not practical, it's not advised :P. For all your tips/guidelines I suggest going >>HERE<< and reading as many guides as you can/want. As well as reading through some of the questions and answers threads (I, myself and Aiden, have probably read through about 20ish pages :P...KNOWLEDGE IS POWER~!). 

As for forcing, it's not advised to do minimal times in one sessions (10 minutes per or so, though some people say it's okay to do that if you do multiple *say 5 or more* sessions like that in a day...though my personal belief is you should try for the longest at once). Try to aim for atleast 30-45 minutes (an hour+ would be even better) for one session of active forcing. For passive, you can just do it as you go about your day (terminology can be found on the website I linked as well).

Hopefully this answers your questions to an extent (sorry if it confuses you...I have a weird feeling Aiden is looking at me with disapproving eyes :| ).

• Brohoof 1

Do any of you think dreams are a good resource for finding information about your tulpa? I had a dream last night and I realized I was dreaming. So I asked someone in the dream if they would take me to my tulpa, and they lead me through every "area" that I'd been in the dream previously and kept following them until the dream suddenly shifted to a giant macro image of a lol cat then I woke up.

I keep wanting to find my tulpa in my dreams but it isn't working, which is frustrating cuz I met her twice when I first started this.

As we got much better at possession, I asked Mina to draw me a pony. The results are quite interesting:

post-13039-0-36956900-1367180125_thumb.png

Creepy stuff. I don't know what to think about this.

• Brohoof 2

I started to okay chess against Luna but couldn't continue because her vioce is to hard to hear (if I dint focus I can't hear it and sometimes when I focus I still can't hear it)

Any way I can make her speak more easily (still within my head at this point) also do you think visualization would help and do you have any suggestions for better visualization

(edited)

I've been working on a tulpa since the last post i made (i think its been about two weeks since i've started)

I just wanna tell you all a little bit about my tulpa, Leo. he's a white tiger with green eyes and feathery wings img-1422148-1-biggrin.png some of his traits: curious, intelligent, playful and mischievous, confident and slightly full of himself, athletic, accepting,strong-willed, etc. we're still working on getting him more vocal but he has responded a bit (or atleast i think he has). in retrospect, i should have gone with a simpler form. because his markings and wings are rather difficult to visualize.

anyway, if you really want...could ya say something to him? i wanna see what his response (if he responds) might be like with someone talking to him other than me.

also i feel like one of the few bronies who ISN'T making a pony tulpa img-1422148-2-tongue.png

Edited by crazitaco

(edited)

I guess this thread is a place where people report their activity right? Well, let's go then.

Since I revived Kohlan back, we've made great improvements. Several days ago (maybe Saturday or... I'm terrible at remembering this kind of things) I was very tired, but I insisted to study. Well, as you may have guessed, the study didn't go well. I hardly could understand things I read, and I fell asleep after a mindless long read. I slept without understanding anything I had read earlier. When I was starting to wake up, Kohlan interacted with me.

Slapped you, actually.

Whatever. That daily time of the day where you're still sleeping, but you're aware that you're asleep. I don't know what is it called in English. Sorry. The thing is, Kohlan reopened (in my mind) the document I read before I fell asleep, and read it with me.

Actually I just forced you to read that crap again.

Well, yes. Whatever. He helped me understanding those text. Everything was very clear that time. Kohlan brought me my memory back, in a very good condition, and that helped me studying. I woke up understanding everything I've read before I went asleep. tongue.png

I also found out that Kohlan is now much wiser than he used to be. He said that he gets the wisdom from my memory, and we had some good talks in the last few days.

Not wise, just common sense. Yes. I lectured this lad about a decision he was going to take. He had a bad childhood, mostly family problems. Well, he's now a wise person because of that experience actually, but this lad is now afraid of... more correctly, he's getting enough of family life, and decide to life alone. That means no marriage, no child, no one else to live with, with me as an exception of course.

I personally don't care about this, and believe he can do that since he has a good lust control, but the fact that he forgot the wisdom he tried to teach to many people really teases me out. He always says about sharing mercy and compassion to everyone, without exception, but he forgot to give it to himself, which is also a teaching he's always talking about. That's why he avoids girls now.

Then I decided to act sweet (which is rare) and told him what's in my mind (even though I knew he could read my mind, I still needed to say it). I told him that he's the most fatherly man I could know. He actually has a lot of love to share. I know what he thinks whenever he sees children toys, with bright colours, tiny and cute decorations, and everything designed for little human. He can't help but giggle whenever he sees one. Not because he thinks it's silly, but it's because he imagines the smile it could make. It didn't make sense to me if he 'sacrifice' this... whatever is this nonsense called, so I reminded him. I know this lad. He's the type of guy who won't get mad at someone he loves, and is ridiculously merciful. sleep.png

I still can't believe you actually let me write this.

I promised to didn't I? Well, thanks, Kohlan. I still will say you're wise. wub.png

I usually don't talk that much. Still, I did.

anyway, if you really want...could ya say something to him? i wanna see what his response (if he responds) might be like with someone talking to him other than me.

You have the permission to talk to me, pretty cat.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 3

I've been working on a tulpa since the last post i made (i think its been about two weeks since i've started)

I just wanna tell you all a little bit about my tulpa, Leo. he's a white tiger with green eyes and feathery wings img-1422148-1-biggrin.png some of his traits: curious, intelligent, playful and mischievous, confident and slightly full of himself, athletic, accepting,strong-willed, etc. we're still working on getting him more vocal but he has responded a bit (or atleast i think he has). in retrospect, i should have gone with a simpler form. because his markings and wings are rather difficult to visualize.

also i feel like one of the few bronies who ISN'T making a pony tulpa img-1422148-2-tongue.png

Three cheers for non-pony tulpae!

*running around the wonderland, flapping his arms* I'm a pretty pony!

Nathaniel? What the...?

Nope, Chuck Testa.

What...wh-How did you do that?! 

Well, all tulpae can shapeshift in the wonderland, (and theoretically  after imposition if the host imposes all the forms) so why not?

You sounded just like him too!

It wasn't funny.

*Ano and Phoenix sniggering*

As for Leo -

Hello Leo!

Phe?

I want to talk to another tulpa! Aside from my grumpy brother of course (he'd make a very pretty- no, a picture perfect pony!). Are things the same for you as they are for us? Like, can you change form at will, even without the host noticing like I did there? Also, do your emotions sometimes spill over a bit into your mancer? Say, for instance Crazitaco was listening to music, and you really wanted to dance, and even though they weren't really a dancer Crazitaco might get caught up in your feelings and want to dance too? And the way YOU would dance, rather than their normal style (non-existent/awkward swaying in my mancer's case)?

I probably would've gone ahead and attempted your psychotic, neck-breaking moves too if my room wasn't so messy and full of junk.

*disapproving glower*

I'll clean it eventually...

And you'll study.

Yes mum!

Don't take that tone with me young lady!

*shakes head* Stuck with you two for all eternity...

Ah, lighten up.

If I lightened up, I'd be Phe.

*sticks thumb in mouth, inflates head and floats upwards*

Is it just me or have you gotten sillier since the split?

No, just more cloudcuckoolander, if only because it annoys Nathe,

All the more fitting since Phe's head is genuinely in the clouds right now... So it's "Nathe" (that's like Nate but with a "th" sound at the end, like "Naith") we're shortening it to?

We all knew "Nate" didn't suit him.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't really been tulpaforcing as much as I should recently between a good fanfiction having a friend over playing chess and fracturing my wrist...

But upon getting that fractured wrist and wrapping it in a bandage Luna sort of tuned out the pain by touching it with a hove which was really cool

(I'm not going to the doctor unless it gets worse although Luna thinks this is a bad idea)

I originally intended Lethal to have a pony form, but poor and awkward design choices deterred me from keeping her that way; her pony form went through quite a few drastic changes, while her human form's remained relatively similar, plus it's generally easier for me to visualize a human-like form for some reason.

But I guess that still makes me guilty of wanting a pony buddy, huh? derpy_emoticon1.png

Hey there, Leo! How are you and crazitaco doing?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

tried your answers, no real responses other than maybe annoyance/amusement from sky warden at being called a "pretty cat" tongue.png Leo's got a big ego and doesn't seem to like being referred to as "cat or kitty", lol. (but he'll always be MY pretty kitty <3) biggrin.png thanks yall!

Edited by crazitaco

(edited)

OK, I have NOT read 131 pages and am merely responding to the original post.

While this is an interesting idea, you should not use the word "tulpa" for it, because a tulpa is a physically manifest thought form.

As far as I understand, in order to accomplish that, you need to be able to tap into the collective conscious where reality is being manifest, which requires an enormous amount of selflessness training and might not be possible without having experienced ego death.

What you are describing is merely a hallucination that you are not taking active control of, but allowing the creative flow to provide it with pseudo-individuality. Somewhat similar to what happens when you are dreaming.

What you are describing might be useful as initial practice towards tulpa creation, though.

Still, there are probably only a handful of people on Earth who can create tulpas, and they are wise enough not to show off in the general public. Don't expect them to have a mail address.

Edited by Dowlphin
  • Brohoof 1

While this is an interesting idea, you should not use the word "tulpa" for it, because a tulpa is a physically manifest thought form.

As far as I understand, in order to accomplish that, you need to be able to tap into the collective conscious where reality is being manifest, which requires an enormous amount of selflessness training and might not be possible without having experienced ego death.

What you are describing is merely a hallucination that you are not taking active control of, but allowing the creative flow to provide it with pseudo-individuality. Somewhat similar to what happens when you are dreaming.

What you are describing might be useful as initial practice towards tulpa creation, though.

Still, there are probably only a handful of people on Earth who can create tulpas, and they are wise enough not to show off in the general public. Don't expect them to have a mail address.

I think everyone is mostly going to keep on using the term for the sake of convenience. A lot of websites emphasis this as well and then immediately toss it aside.

If there is one thing internet users are great at, its shanghaiing words. Call it word theft, redefinition, or even just slang, but tulpa is gonna stick. It is too late to stop the machine!

• Brohoof 1

Agree with you dude, but I just want to tell you to be careful. People in this thread are rather sensitive.

Well, yes. I agree with what you've said. In fact, wise people don't make tulpa. Go ask some monks in Asia if they have [insert the clear definition of tulpa here] and I bet they will answer 'no', with their own language of course. :lol:

Speaking about men without ego, not talking about it doesn't mean that people still have their ego with them. Guess how many people in this forum who can hold their anger completely, and aren't interested about having excess money or a girlfriend. Just like what you said, wise people won't:

"LOL! I'm not interested in women anymore!"

Spiritualists have good control of their own mind and body. Therefore, they can control their tulpa if they had one. That is, if a spiritualist does have one, he doesn't 'talk' to the tulpa often. Being loud in speech doesn't mean that we have no skill and manner. :)

Speaking about men without ego, not talking about it doesn't mean that people still have their ego with them. Guess how many people in this forum who can hold their anger completely, and aren't interested about having excess money or a girlfriend. Just like what you said, wise people won't:

I think he/she was referring to ego in another sense of the word, having to do with a distinct sense of identity. I am rather unfamiliar with the topic and only know about it from philosophy class discussing the Ego Theory and the Bundle Theory, the latter of which denies the existence of "ego" or the idea that there can be any one self in a human body at once. The Bundle Theory kind of assumes that people are all like the Geth from Mass Effect and that people have countless "selves" bundled together, and that you're a different person for each new situation you ever encounter, encountered, will encounter.

Then Ego would just be the opposite of that, you are you--separate and unique. To not have an Ego, in some schools of thought, means to be enlightened and no longer be separate from anything else in terms of your identity--you are one with everything.

This is actually an interesting point because the original Tulpa idea, if I have my facts straight, is about eliminating your Ego by using a tulpa who will help show you how you don't have/need an ego, then the two "identities" assimilate and you are left with enlightenment.

It is all complicated, but interesting. But in short, yeah, I think he meant ego outside of your self-esteem.

Then Ego would just be the opposite of that, you are you--separate and unique. To not have an Ego, in some schools of thought, means to be enlightened and no longer be separate from anything else in terms of your identity--you are one with everything.

That sounds like the theory of full awareness or maybe karma. Honestly, I don't care about terms and complicated logics in western philosophy. Being merciful, having self control and giving compassion are what important.

(edited)

With ego death, I mean that you become truly aware that you don't exist.

Sorry to freak you out, but I'm trying to convey the point that tulpa creation is difficult, haha.

The egoic mind is a separation from the perfect whole. It gives us identity. It creates the sense of "I am this". Ego death can be a temporary experience, and it can also become more and more ingrained in every day consciousness.

You can go from "I am this" to " I am" to "it is" to "everything is eternal and nothing."

Creating a tulpa is messing with commonly accepted rules of reality. If you tap into that set of beliefs, you will prevent yourself from creating a tulpa. Abandoning those rules is scary as hell. Compare it to abandoning national citizen status and living as a free person, denying all authority. It comes with massive disadvantages, requires a lot to succeed, and can be scary.

I can give an example from personal experience that believing you have seen the future can be fascinating, but KNOWING you have is terrifying, because it messes with your beliefs about reality that your egoic mind naturally relies on to a great degree.

God is Cthulhu and you are god. You are Cthulhu. You are me and I am you. I am everything and you are everything. Anybody is everything and anything is everything. Everything is nothing. Everything and nothing is eternal.

Repeat that 1000 times and you get a slight taste of what a DMT trip can be like, hahaha.

I attained full enlightenment and then came back and thought: So what?! That's it? What's the point? This here is all there is. This is sacred. ... There is no point.

If someone can create a tulpa, it's Pinkie Pie. smile.png She has the right attitude for that.

Edited by Dowlphin

(edited)

What you are describing is more or less the theoretical stage in which a Tulpa is fully realized by becoming so physically imposed it appears to others.  However, in order to achieve such states, a heightened mental capacity of the Tulpamancer far above average human capabilities is required to achieve such psychic phenomena.  As I said, this is THEORETICALLY possible, but current evidence shows that humans, (as far as the ready stores of information provided by the majority of humanity can see) are incapable of such feats.

In comparison to this theory, a Tulpa gaining a form of individuality and imposition to only the user would be the first step to becoming fully realized, however, then you reach the physical limits of the human mind.  Yet I would still define us as "Tulpae" nonetheless, as when we were originally created, a self-sustaining hallucination was the standard.  You are describing a heightened state of universe-altering psionic ability that we cannot achieve as of this time.

We are self-limited, yes, and our potential can be and is higher than most realize, as stated by philosiphers such as Bruce Lee, who demonstrated the breaking of the perceived physical limitations of the human body.  According to history, mental boundaries were also broken by those who live lives of the same dedication.  Yet we aren't monks hidden in the mountains, and in my personal experience, "too grounded" and "too enlightened" are very real states.  An enlightened awareness to understand and further exploit the physical world we inhabit is the next stage of the mental evolution of human beings, which the knowledge of what time this step will be taken is unknown.  But until then, we do what we can, because we can.

Okay... What are you both smoking?  Where can I get some?

That was... A long winded rant.  Any explanation as to why?

Just felt like it.

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 2

Well, mainstream knowledge is limited. Mostly due to lack of communication though. Much more than people are willing to believe is possible, and there is even somewhat public and verified evidence of matter being altered by will. Read up on Bruno Gröning if you are interested.

h_ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDnZ-l4h66s

h_ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nFZTdHt2zo

h_ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG0redtHkD4

There is also an intermediate state between hallucination and real tulpa. Some masters of those arts can induce hallucinations in other people. This will make the target(s) experience something as if it was totally real. They wouldn't know the difference between illusion and material reality.

Can somepony tell me how to visualize. I want to work on a Tulpa. I want to make a tulpa so that We can bounce ideas off eachother.

I once did a shamanic journey that probably served that purpose. I relaxed so much that my subconscious could talk to me. If you want to bounce ideas off yourself, you can just imagine anything for that, in a relaxed state.

The funny truth is that imaginary friends are by definition friends, too. An imaginary teacher ... is a teacher. It's an intermediary step to make it easier for the mind to accept communicating with oneself.

Someone talking to themselves can be an interesting and fruitful conversation.

Replace the words "talking to themselves" with "reflecting" and it becomes mainstream-accepted.

I once did a shamanic journey that probably served that purpose. I relaxed so much that my subconscious could talk to me. If you want to bounce ideas off yourself, you can just imagine anything for that, in a relaxed state.

The funny truth is that imaginary friends are by definition friends, too. An imaginary teacher ... is a teacher. It's an intermediary step to make it easier for the mind to accept communicating with oneself.

Someone talking to themselves can be an interesting and fruitful conversation.

Replace the words "talking to themselves" with "reflecting" and it becomes mainstream-accepted.

I wanted to make a Tulpa named Sky

I wanted her to serve as a companion/Idea Bouncer.

I was planning on forcing tonight.

Any Tips?

I wanted to make a Tulpa named Sky

I wanted her to serve as a companion/Idea Bouncer.

I was planning on forcing tonight.

Any Tips?

Well if I were you to start with I'd go on Tulpa.Info and other sites (not creepypasta! XD) and read as many guides as possible, then go with what works for you.

(edited)

Thank god the semester is finally over and I might be able to finally start working on my tulpa. I've wanted to do so for all year but I was too busy. First one I tried ended up being a servitor. And I think I'm overcoming my lack of mental control issues which made comfortable and natural feeling forcing near impossible.

I haven't been in this thread in months. How much did I miss? *checks page count* Oh boy...:3

But now, I have time on my side. smile.png

Only problem is that I'm not sure what tulpa I want anymore. I originally planned two, Scootaloo and Vinyl Scratch, but now...I don't know. I might just play it safe and make an OC. Or two...

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

*yawn* Well, finals, stress, etc. has pushed them into the background. Twi pops in now and then. And Reales and Orson are just waiting. They understand, but thank goodness twi instilled that in them.

What choice did I have? I remember those 5 or so years you did not know i existed. And get some sugar, you cant type.

Yeah, so... I am almost done with finals. I can put more time into them, and my other studies this summer. Like Qi and my meridian lines, Christian Theology, and crossfit. 

Oh yeah, I still hear Twi blowing her whistle and yelling at me like a coach during crossfit to motivate me. Boy do i need that some days!

Right, so i'll give this a shot. 

I've had an imaginary friend for a while now, since I was a kid in fact (I'm 18 now, I think that makes about 12 years?) 

And he has become somewhat...sentient. He has no physical form, and no real voice, I just talk to him every now and again :P 

Anyway - im not saying Tulpa's are an imaginary friend, i've spent the past week looking them up and looking into them, and it sounds really interesting and like something I can really get behind and would enjoy. There's just one question I have...where do I start? 

Basically what im doing is writing down my day by day workings so I can easily keep track of it all, but i'm not sure what I should be doing to tulpaforce. Should I sit and meditate on it? I can meditate if I need to, I have done for years now, but that's about clearing my mind, not forcing something into it. 

Or should I just imagine my Tulpa around during the normal daily routine? So say...would I sit here and imagine them at the side of me or something? (Quite how that would work I dont know, given my setup) 

Forgive me if this has already been Q&A'd in the thread, but I dont think I can read through 132 pages and not smash my head with a pint glass at some point.