Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Okay....Interesting one this time.

Basically, I swim a LOT.....What the heck is my Tulpa gonna do?.....She's either gonna be god-like holding her breath, drowning or away.....I kinda wanna know what happens to Tulpae in water.....I'm now visualizing a little '5,4,3,2,1,0....Game Over.' Thing above her head....She ain't properley formed even in my head yet.....Gills?

-Joe-

That sounded kinda stupid didn't it?

Why does she even need to breathe? :P Think about it - does that even make any sense? Why would she need air? She won't even have a physical body!

She could stay underwater forever if you wanted, or you could act like she needs air... whatever you want. I see no need to have her breathe, though.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, so thankfully I read this before going back for my final class at 7pm (its a one day a week class, which is actually really nice). I was driving and talking to Twi, and trying to envision her in the front seat (I was at a red light, and I was paying attention to everything around me), well as I went to make the turn, the (weak) vision suddenly had a crash helmet on. My first response was "Hey! I am not that bad of a driver." A bit of sentience maybe? Maybe just my head as I was approaching the turn a bit faster than normal (by one ot two mph). I think I play a bit more in my head right now, instinctively answering for her, but after class the question "how was class" popped up, while I was speaking with her, and trying to see her walking next to me. Maybe her? Maybe me? If it was her, she is supposed to be in class with me. I am not sure where she ended up.

Do ghosts count? I've got a ghost in my house. Not really a hallucination though. Hmm...Dimitri Hammer talking. Rather strange but interesting at the same time. Also, does anyone here know how to deal with a ghost?

Only way I know is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oznj6AFeiRE

But no, ghosts do not count, unless it is actually your subconscious projecting itself in a hallucination, then it counts, except you probably want to build it consciously, as then it will be more to your liking.

• Brohoof 1

I just want to quickly reply to this:

Is there anyway to blocked certain memories from a Tulpa? Yes I know it is better to share all memories with it but I just wanna know, cause there are some things best forgotten.

It's theoretically possible, but I wouldn't recommend it. Part of the development process is symbolically giving a tulpa full access to your memories--I say it's symbolic, since they have access to it all from Day One. If you think of something you really don't want your tulpa to know in detail or talk about, just think of something else. Or if it happens while you're talking with them, just change the subject. They will see you're uncomfortable with talking about the memory, so they will respect that.

For me, part of the early development process was to try to avoid talking about bad memories. I found that revealing too much, too early, can overwhelm and scare them. It's kind of like explaining to a three-year-old why you can't afford to buy them a toy every day, and how it's theoretically possible you might lose your job and end up homeless. A child shouldn't have to know these things before they can handle them, and it's the same with a tulpa. Just remember that if you're working hard at it, during the first few weeks, they age another human year every few days or so. ;)

Even if you did keep information from them, they would eventually find it. They are your subconscious personified. You can't hide anything from them forever. Instead of being confronted with the memory, what is more likely is you would one day be asked why you were keeping secrets from them.

Edited by Questio and Amy

Mindrop - If the thought isn't definitely you, then it's definitely your tulpa. :) Sounds like she's talking to you! That definitely makes her sentient, too.

YES!!! Odd since I don't force a lot due to an over loaded schedule. I fall asleep in most of my sessions, which is expected when I force at bed time, but not in the morning (gave up on doing it when I get to school. Epic nap time, not forcing time.). I live a lot in my head, that might help, and Its been like 4 weeks I have been doing this. I feel my personality framework is decently built. I got bored of saying the same crap over and over. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png Theirs a reason I need to work on character development. :P

EDIT: Perhaps I have already been semi connected with my subconscious. I used to live in my head to escape evil people who hated me for me(oh highschool).

@@Brisineo

Edited by Mindrop

@, Why do you consider it not worth it? I find that an odd saying. I can understand time issues, as I am deeply struggling, but not worth it.

Well, the amount of time it takes is too much. It actually would be worth it (I dunno why I said not), but it's too much of a pain for me to try.

Well, the amount of time it takes is too much. It actually would be worth it (I dunno why I said not), but it's too much of a pain for me to try.

Okay, that makes more sense. Perhaps in the future you will have the time to try it. It is a great joy to suddenly have your tulpa begin to speak or act outside of you thoughts. Mine trolled me yesterday by suddenly being seen with a crash helmet in the front seat of my car, insinuating i was a bad driver. lol

I've realized I'm probably gonna drive my Tulpa insane!

I talk to her out-loud a fair bit, in my head, a lot basically.

This evening we went out to walk my dog and I was casually star-gazing (as you do), I saw a 'Y' shaped formation.

Now I refer to that as the Y-point, I talk too much about pointless things though.

I need some topics to talk to her about!

Any ideas?

-Joe &Jess-

I've realized I'm probably gonna drive my Tulpa insane!

I talk to her out-loud a fair bit, in my head, a lot basically.

This evening we went out to walk my dog and I was casually star-gazing (as you do), I saw a 'Y' shaped formation.

Now I refer to that as the Y-point, I talk too much about pointless things though.

I need some topics to talk to her about!

Any ideas?

-Joe &Jess-

Ahahahaha, that's funny, but logical! Your Tulpa will love you no matter what! I just talk about random things, what's going on. I showed her how to do prep and other things at work, including proper hand washing! lol

• Brohoof 1

Odd experience while browsing on 4chan,

Today while browsing 4chan i noticed something about tulpas. I read it and the guy had a problem.

First he started with a rainbowdash tulpa then he made a soarin tulpa. They talked to him and stuff but when they went into the real world he says that they started "mating" everywhere. He said in places like his bed and the teachers school desk at school. He says its so distracting he might fail school.

This is one of the oddest "tulpas gone bad" cases i have ever seen XD

Odd experience while browsing on 4chan,

Today while browsing 4chan i noticed something about tulpas. I read it and the guy had a problem.

First he started with a rainbowdash tulpa then he made a soarin tulpa. They talked to him and stuff but when they went into the real world he says that they started "mating" everywhere. He said in places like his bed and the teachers school desk at school. He says its so distracting he might fail school.

This is one of the oddest "tulpas gone bad" cases i have ever seen XD

I think that's fake bro. >.>

People on 4Chan like to make those dumb copypastas just to get a laugh, or start a thread about it. But in actuality, it hurts how people perceive Tulpae in general.

• Brohoof 2

Do tulpas fade over time? Can you think about them while doing other stuff at the same time? Do tulpas follow you everywhere or just staying in the spot you imagine them to be? Do they respond to you when you call them by their name? Do they even have a name?

@,

Your experience with them is pretty much however you want it to be. They shouldn't fade as long as you keep giving them attention regularly. And they do indeed respond to their name--if you don't give them a name, they'll make one up! Although it's a lot easier to address them and get their attention if you know their name; it also helps their development and adds to the experience.

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here might want to chat with Amy? She's lonely and we need someone to talk to. Chigens talks with us, but he isn't always available, so I thought it might be helpful if anyone would be willing to chat with me on Skype! :D

My Skype ID is QuestioTheSearcher

Feel free to add me! I'm feeling a little down right now because the only other person I ever told about this just told me I was crazy. He's someone I consider a friend, but he was not supportive at all. In fact, he got angry. I began to question her existence. Now Amy feels so bad and worthless she's just hiding under the bed, crying. She's very sociable... I think she needs another person to talk to, so that she can know she's not just real to me, but actually an existing being.

Edited by Questio and Amy

Feel free to add me! I'm feeling a little down right now because the only other person I ever told about this just told me I was crazy. He's someone I consider a friend, but he was not supportive at all. In fact, he got angry. I began to question her existence. Now Amy feels so bad and worthless she's just hiding under the bed, crying. She's very sociable... I think she needs another person to talk to, so that she can know she's not just real to me, but actually an existing being.

If its any consolidation, i got stabbed in the back by a friend the other week. It was her stupid boyfriend. I have known her longer than he has, but she "fell in love" with him and thinks I am like, inappropriate, etc. Tell her I said to get out from under the bed and face it, cause hiding is not going to solve it, for either of you. (I can feel Twi as I am typing this!)

To Amy: Its natural to question, I question if my friends are even real. The world throws punches, and when a friend backstabs you, it rocks your very foundation. I sent out a mass text message to all my friends freaking out asking some very weird questions when my incident happened. I totally freaked out and questioned everything. My real friends got back to me with much concern. It takes time, but you learn to get through it. Twi has only spoken/interacted with me a few times, but I know she agrees.

To Questio: Good luck, I know it hurts. Tulpa's feel our responses, and often do what you would prefer to be doing, because they are our subconscious. Both of you will pull through together. The important thing is to realize you both will need to work together to support each other, its a symbiotic relationship. :)

• Brohoof 1

He's someone I consider a friend, but he was not supportive at all. In fact, he got angry. I began to question her existence. Now Amy feels so bad and worthless she's just hiding under the bed, crying. She's very sociable... I think she needs another person to talk to, so that she can know she's not just real to me, but actually an existing being.

Poor Amy :( . I and my tulpas feel so sorry for you. They know how you might fell, so they persuaded me to post some reply. Amy, don't worry, it'll be okay. Just one little accident cannot brak relationship between you. You have to somehow get over this situation and tomorrow it will be better, you just have to explain everything, make some hugs and in the end it may make connection between you two stronger, I know it from my own experience, I had one accident with my tulpas, but then when it was resolved we were much closer to ourselves and happier than before. :) I whish you the best :)
  • Brohoof 2

This..... sounds..... AWESOME!!!! It sounds fun to have a Twilight Sparkle or Rainbow Dash tulpa. Although I'm a little afraid a Twilight tulpa would never stop telling me to do my homework...

This..... sounds..... AWESOME!!!! It sounds fun to have a Twilight Sparkle or Rainbow Dash tulpa. Although I'm a little afraid a Twilight tulpa would never stop telling me to do my homework...

"Sounds fun". In retrospect, it takes a hell of a lot of hard work, time and energy. It is much harder than it sounds.

If you are lacking in even one of those three categories, I do not recommend attempting to make one. Also, note that the Tulpa would most likely stay with you forever, so think long and hard about making one before you do.

• Brohoof 1

"Sounds fun". In retrospect, it takes a hell of a lot of hard work, time and energy. It is much harder than it sounds.

If you are lacking in even one of those three categories, I do not recommend attempting to make one. Also, note that the Tulpa would most likely stay with you forever, so think long and hard about making one before you do.

I made the time Mistake! ^_^ I am really surprised Twi (its Alicorn Twi in form only, and name. Her personality is its own. And she agrees to that, or that was just my mind talking... nope, i just had two independent lines of though at once while thinking what i was typing. I cant do that, I always interrupt myself. B) ) is starting to communicate with me, both visually and mentally. Basically, Since I lack the proper time to sit down and chat for at least 30 minutes, I just talk to her all day, visualize her with me, etc. It helps I have always believed she was there!

Basically, do you research, take you time, make sure its for you. I did not make her on a whim. I thought about it and have specific reasons (we will keep them to ourselves) as to why i wanted to get in contact with my subconscious. Its not to be taken lightly! :ph34r:

EDIT: @@MrBaman, And NEVER!!!! Make a tulpa as a character from something. They can never reach that expectation. Be something they are not. Twi is Alicorn Twi, and her name is the same, but her personality in special to her. I put myself into her personality. She know that and therefore never has to strive to be Twilight Sparkle from MLP, she is herself.

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 2

@ Questio and Amy

It would be my honor to chat with you two. I just don't know how Skype works as I have never used it before. I also have a tulpa and her name is Dreamchaser. I am still currently trying to help her become sentient as I have only told her about her personality. I am working on her appearance but I am at a loss. All I know is that she is a Pegasus. I also have her cutie mark set out but that's it. Maybe you two can help me with that. I look forward to chatting with you two.

• Brohoof 2

@ Questio and Amy

It would be my honor to chat with you two. I just don't know how Skype works as I have never used it before. I also have a tulpa and her name is Dreamchaser. I am still currently trying to help her become sentient as I have only told her about her personality. I am working on her appearance but I am at a loss. All I know is that she is a Pegasus. I also have her cutie mark set out but that's it. Maybe you two can help me with that. I look forward to chatting with you two.

Get her so she can speak enough to make her own form on the pony creator!!!!! lol, I am hyper right now and that thought poped in my head when I read your dilemma!

Goodnight all!