Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Spent an hour on the character traits portion, going through 6 traits: Happy, Caring, Fun loving, Creative, Prideful, and Loud. I sat upright in my bed, closed my eyes, and imagined complete darkness and a white orb of light meant to represent my in-progress tulpa. Keeping the orb in my mind's eye wasn't always possible, but what was most important was that I was talking to her, and not just to myself.

I was very conversational, while emphasizing what the traits meant, how they were exhibited, and why I wanted her to have them. But I peppered my lesson with notes about how this was only the way I was thinking, and that she would be free to be who she wants to be when she is capable of making her own decisions.

Sometimes I'd repeat a single phrase over and over again, and imagine little motes of light heading into the orb, visualizing the process of feeding my tulpa information. Sometimes I spoke out loud to her as well, as opposed to speaking to her with my mind. I actually felt a strange sort of response or emotion while speaking one time; it may have just been my imagination, but from one of the guides I've read, it's better not to constantly second guess yourself. Doing so may actually stunt your tulpa's growth.

I'll put in another hours worth of time tomorrow, and from then on, until I feel like I've covered the most important traits. Then I'll start shaping the form.

Same here, I just finished working on the traits, 15 minutes each on the 4 traits as the guide recommended, and I'll be doing the same thing. I also felt a strange feeling, although it was more in my body than my mind, so I'm not sure if that means anything. Same with everything else. Chigens and Kay, any word on my first tulpaforcing? Does it sound about right? Does something need to be worked on?

• Brohoof 1

Same here, I just finished working on the traits, 15 minutes each on the 4 traits as the guide recommended, and I'll be doing the same thing. I also felt a strange feeling, although it was more in my body than my mind, so I'm not sure if that means anything. Same with everything else. Chigens and Kay, any word on my first tulpaforcing? Does it sound about right? Does something need to be worked on?

I couldn't tell you. If you believe that you did it right, then you did. It's all personal experience. It is common to have 'weird feelings' though.

I guess it sounds right, but I have no idea.

Just as a side note, if you wanted to get my attention, use the mention feature next time...

I couldn't tell you. If you believe that you did it right, then you did. It's all personal experience. It is common to have 'weird feelings' though.

I guess it sounds right, but I have no idea.

Just as a side note, if you wanted to get my attention, use the mention feature next time...

I'm still a bit new here, how do you mention someone in a post? I'm looking through the editor and can't seem to find anything. Also, thanks for the feedback. I'll keep working on it and hope for the best.

I'm still a bit new here, how do you mention someone in a post? I'm looking through the editor and can't seem to find anything. Also, thanks for the feedback. I'll keep working on it and hope for the best.

@@blackopp1,

Just double click the text in anyone's post, and a little bar will come up where you click either "quote" or "mention". Click mention, and the needed code/whatever is entered into the post box.

• Brohoof 1

@@Chigens and Kay,

So what about keeping the tulpa in cartoon form, like the "Ponies IRL" photos, will that complicate the creation process extensively?

Depends on your brain power I guess. I am still on the imposition stage myself and I find it very difficult.

But I wouldn't worry about it until you get to that step first.

Depends on your brain power I guess. I am still on the imposition stage myself and I find it very difficult.

But I wouldn't worry about it until you get to that step first.

Noted. Speaking of which, when, in the formation process, can I expect to start seeing the actual tulpa? I know I'm still in the basic stages, but I'd like to know when to expect it.

Noted. Speaking of which, when, in the formation process, can I expect to start seeing the actual tulpa? I know I'm still in the basic stages, but I'd like to know when to expect it.

Well you should have like a basic idea of what it should look like already. What I did during the start was make my Tulpa into a floating egg, at least in my mind.

It helps to have a form to concentrate on.

Well you should have like a basic idea of what it should look like already. What I did during the start was make my Tulpa into a floating egg, at least in my mind.

It helps to have a form to concentrate on.

I meant, when will I actually start to see it with my own eyes IRL? I already know what I want it to look like, I'm just wondering when, after I've already started detailing the form in my mind, I can expect to see it? Also, does it effect anything if I imagine talking to that idea of what the tulpa will look like (the pony that's my profile picture) while I'm talking to it about it's personality, not having fully designed it yet, but still imagining talking to something like it?

I meant, when will I actually start to see it with my own eyes IRL? I already know what I want it to look like, I'm just wondering when, after I've already started detailing the form in my mind, I can expect to see it? Also, does it effect anything if I imagine talking to that idea of what the tulpa will look like (the pony that's my profile picture) while I'm talking to it about it's personality, not having fully designed it yet, but still imagining talking to something like it?

Yes. You want to talk to the Tulpa as if it is already developed.

Also, the imposition usually comes after the personality. You have to actively force it onto all of your senses until it becomes real.

• Brohoof 2

@blackopp1 Like Chigens said, don't start worrying about actually "seeing" your tulpa with your eyes for now. That process is a lot of work, and should really come after everything else is done. If you worry too much about that now, you might neglect other parts of the tulpa's development. Usually you should only start working on imposition after your tulpa has been speaking for a while.

On a side note, the world within your head can be just as "realistic" as the world outside your head with enough work. I am unsure if you already have a wonderland or not, but if you don't, I would highly recommend developing one and working with your tulpa there. It helps the process go by much more smoothly than it would otherwise (in my opinion, since it gives you and the tulpa and even playing field of existence within the mind). I guess Chigens already sort of suggested this to you, but if you have any questions about it, make sure to ask. With enough practice you should be able to "see" a world in your head using your "third eye" or "mind's eye."

Also like Chigens said, do talk to your tulpa as much as possible, with the idea that it already is there listening to you and wanting to hear more. If it helps you to imagine talking to them directly, then do that, you don't have to, but any little tricks that help you do it more efficiently are useful.

@blackopp1 Like Chigens said, don't start worrying about actually "seeing" your tulpa with your eyes for now. That process is a lot of work, and should really come after everything else is done. If you worry too much about that now, you might neglect other parts of the tulpa's development. Usually you should only start working on imposition after your tulpa has been speaking for a while.

Yeah, don't worry about it.

But as a fun side note, I do my best to picture Twi at times. Its totally incomplete, no where near perfect, etc. but I do try, like when walking into campus in the morning.

derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derps timing.

Edited by Legendyay Emerald
  • Brohoof 1

Did my second round of trait forcing today. It was... strange.

First off, I used a wonderland this time. A small stage area in front, a bar to the left, DJ booth to the right, and chairs in front of the stage, which I sat on. It's a design I'd thought of the day before, but instead I'd gone the simpler route and used a completely black expanse.

I had another 6 traits to go through, which I felt were most important out of the original 25 I'd written (I found that many of the traits I'd written could be condensed into each other, and since I was already going in depth with the traits, it was easy to say everything needing to be said). But near the end of the third or so trait of the night, something weird happened. I was doing a short recap of all the previous traits, as I'd always done, just saying the names out the traits. And then I heard an unfamiliar female voice in my head repeat one of them; specifically, the word "happy".

First instinct, of course, is to brush it as just parroting. Tulpa don't usually say anything at all during the trait stages, so its a reasonable assumption. When the voice started speaking up more, it seemed even more likely that it was parroting. But then there would be times when I'd say one trait word, and I'd hear the voice say a different one, as if it was trying to predict what I was going to say next. And then there was the way it seemed to struggle with saying a word, or make indistinguishable noises.

While I'm certain that a lot of what I heard tonight was my mind parroting what I heard afterwards, I do think that some of what I heard was legitimate words and sounds that my tulpa was trying to communicate. Because of this, I restructured the trait lessons somewhat so that there would be less room for my mind to include parroting replies.

I'm also going to stop with trait acquisition now, even though it has only been 2 hours and 12 traits. I've installed or attempted to install all of the ones that I think are needed, and if some degree of parroting is happening during these lessons as well as the actual tulpa speak, I'd like to cut down on the opportunity for parroting to happen. And so I will start the form modeling tomorrow.

One more thing, too. Some time after that first word I thought I heard, I also noticed that there was music playing in my head. I'd been entirely focused on my tulpa and its environment, so it came as a surprise. Even stranger, I noticed the song change multiple times, hearing no less than three songs, all by the same music artist. Its not exactly unusual for me to get songs stuck in my head, but it was very curious timing.

Well, if you think it was parroting, ask yourself this; did you feel like you had control over what this voice said?

If the answer is no, then it was not you.

By the way; often time, people will tell you something along the lines of..."DON'T PARROT, OR YOU WILL DO IT ALL WRONG AND YOUR TULPA WILL TELL YOU TO STAB PEOPLE!"

Ok, well...

post-3869-0-63130700-1349863111.png

Or at least when you start off.

However, parroting FOREVER, is not a good thing. There are MANY ways for your tulpa to achieve sentience. This guide will tell you the way I'm using.

But please don't listen to JUST that one guide. Read as many guides as you can, and use what you learn from all of them and form your own path to achieve sentience. I know someone has probably already told you all that, but I cannot stress it enough. Sorry if it seems like I'm shouting. :wacko:

---

Anyway, guess who's birthday it is...?

MLP:FiM's birthday? Well, yes I guess it is... But guess who's ELSE's birthday it is?

Me! YAY!

*Party cracker goes off*

*Notices everyone is at MLP:FiM's birthday party instead*

post-3869-0-37834000-1349866769_thumb.png

Tulpa: "HEY! What about me?! I'm here!" *Hugs*

...Well, I guess It's not all bad.

"Plus..." *Seductive eyes* "Now that you're old enough... why don't we... go back to your room an-"

IN OTHER NEWS!

I think I've figured out why Crepuscule(My tulpa) is so... 'cheeky'

Back when she first started talking, she was quite lustful. At the time, I'm pretty sure it wasn't parroting, but I also don't think it was her either. I think it was actually just intrusive thoughts.

It seems that now they have calmed down, and Crepuscule's random and sudden lustfulness with it. But not completely. She is still rather cheeky about things, but she is definitely much more loveable and friendly now.

post-3869-0-63130700-1349863111.png

post-3869-0-37834000-1349866769_thumb.png

• Brohoof 5

WallFfText.doc

Congratulations! Ben and Crepuscule, officially gonna be shipped by me.

Does that actually count as selfcest?

Note to self - do a bit of parroting.

What kind of parroting is recommended? Should I imagine her greeting me back when I begin my visualization or narration or such? Should I make her ask questions mid-way? (This might contradict with the "being already developed" part)

I've also had a nice idea on how to trample the personality - do a huge personality test, answer as if being Pinkamena, then tell her through the questions and answers, how is she, and something about how it affects her. That's potentially a HUGE batch of personality traits!

Currently I talk to her daily for a total of around 30 minutes to 2 hours, and on some bustrips, before sleeping and during sleeping I also tulpaforce.

At this rate, at what time approximately should I expect her to talk? (No need to be entirerily confirmable.)

• Brohoof 1

derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derp derp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derpderp this is me derp

Edited by Legendyay Emerald
  • Brohoof 5

[insert all of text here]

My reaction:

O_o

Lucky you. This kind of stuff never happens to me :/ But than again I don't use a wonderland yet. Maybe I should when I start doing the form.

I don't think that would be bad though. Based on all the posts in this topic, what happened there seems to be good.

• Brohoof 1

*stuff*

That's pretty sweet. Like what many here will tell you, including me, some Tulpas come easy, some come a bit slower. It took about a week after I actually created the body for my Tulpa to actually move. Before then, it was like a mannequin; it stood on it's own and I could shape it into poses, but I made it so it wouldn't move on the Tulpa's command until it was finished. However, this helped because she helped build the body from an outside perspective before she was allowed in permenantly. (It was at this moment she was gaining sentience)

I also share your troubles with the hair. It isn't the body or the face that are the hardest to visualize, but the mane and tail. Especially on a Celestia Tulpa, such a voluminous mane is hard to mentally manage. (But it does have it's benefits as it is a constant source of movement, which is helpful for sight imposing)

• Brohoof 3

I went camping with my friends. Too lond didn't read: it sucked. But the bad part is, I ignored Dashie for a whole day cause of it. Wat do?

Ignoring her for just a day shouldn't do anything too bad. Just try to talk or whatever you do to her more in the next few days as catch-up in a way. No real harm should've been done.

I went camping with my friends. Too lond didn't read: it sucked. But the bad part is, I ignored Dashie for a whole day cause of it. Wat do?

Apologize and keep forcing. I bearly force, cause I am busy and cant focus enough. it sucks. you and dashie will be fine. It takes weeks to kill of tulpas.

(edited)

@,

Congratulations! Rizoel and Crepuscule, officially gonna be shipped by me.

YAY- Wait, what?!

"I'll get the popcorn!"

Hey, get back here!

Does that actually count as selfcest?

"I hope so!"

*Covers Crepuscule's mouth with a hand* I know that's not a serious question, but I will answer it anyway. I've never seen Crep as somepony related to me in those ways. Although, since she is basically my subconscious, I... suppose it is. :blush: But I digress. Some people that create tulpae treat them like a brother/sister, or even as a lover of some kind. In fact, I think most do become like lovers to both tulpa and their creator, or at least very close friends.

"I call dibs on us being lovers!"

Shush you. I don't really know what Crep and I will become. But at the end of the day, I don't really mind what we do together, nor do I care for what we become, as long as we are friends to each other.

"Lovers to each other."

Okay, fine, lovers. Whatever.

"...Sex slaves to each other?"

Get off me.

Anyway, I don't think she will replace as a girlfriend. As in, a physical, human girlfriend. I have actually talked to Crepuscule about what she will think if I one day decide to try and get a real girlfriend. Her reply was that she wouldn't mind 'sharing' me... whatever that's supposed to mean. But to be honest, I've never in my life so far actually wanted a girlfriend. And I don't think Crepuscule has had any influence of that notion one way or another.

I always figured it would be a bad idea to get a girlfriend at a young age, since I hear too many times of younger people in relationships end up breaking up over the silliest of things, even when they told each other they would stay together forever. I would rather not experience that at this point in my life.

And to be honest... I wouldn't mind just being alone with Crepuscule instead, if I for some reason never see the point in getting a girlfriend.

*Giggle* "I wouldn't mind that." *Flicks tail in Rizoel's face*

S-stop that will you...?

"Why? You know you like it."

I... I do. :blush:

And yes, as you can see, I have indeed started on imposing her. I've decided to just embrace who she is and just get on with it. I know it might not be the best of ideas, but I still love her for who she is.

*Giggle* "Don't worry, I'll go easy on you for the first time."

T-that 'first time' is a very long way away, Crep. I've barely done anything to impose you yet.

"Aww..."

And for that reason, I'm... kind of glad it's a long way away from now.

"I know you don't mean that."

D-don't worry, she isn't always cheeky. She's only like this cause I'm talking to you guys right now. And also so she can scare off the new people thinking about creating a tulpa.

"Raarr!"

Should I imagine her greeting me back when I begin my visualization or narration or such? Should I make her ask questions mid-way?

If you feel more comfortable doing it that way, and if you think it will work better than any other way, then it probably will-- simply because of the fact that you believe it will.

I've also had a nice idea on how to trample the personality - do a huge personality test, answer as if being Pinkamena, then tell her through the questions and answers, how is she, and something about how it affects her. That's potentially a HUGE batch of personality traits!

That sounds like an interesting idea. It would be interesting to see what will become of it.

Currently I talk to her daily for a total of around 30 minutes to 2 hours, and on some bustrips, before sleeping and during sleeping I also tulpaforce. At this rate, at what time approximately should I expect her to talk? (No need to be entirerily confirmable.)

Well, for me, I always had the "it's done when it's done" attitude. I figured that it was more of a waste of time to set myself a point where I would expect it to happen. Because I was a bit afraid that I would get to the point I set, and still have nothing happen. So instead I just went for it and wait until it did.

I'm afraid I can't give you an answer; I've heard of one person somewhere say they've been trying it for many MANY months, with ZERO results. While I've heard one person on this very forum say he managed to create one in under ten seconds. I've read his discussions with others here, and it might actually be true that he did somehow. I mean, there is nothing in the laws of physics that says it's not possible to create a tulpa in 10 seconds flat.

But I will say one thing that might influence on how quickly your tulpa will achieve sentience; It's often said that a skeptic will have a harder time making a tulpa than a person that honestly and truly believes it right off the bat.

When I first began all of this, there was always that feeling inside me that just said that this was all fake, all a big hoax, or that I would never be able to do this, but I did it anyway. And I feel that if I didn't have that feeling, Crepuscule would have achieved sentience at least a little bit earlier. If you have that feeling, get it out of your head now.

I know it sounds silly, but, you just gotta...

post-3869-0-89470100-1349970977.jpg

@,

First off, happy belated birthday!

Thank you very much!

Wall 'o' text

This is pretty much EXACTLY what you want. This is a very good thing. Keep it up!

I'm so jelly that you got sentience so quickly.

Edited by Rizoel & Crepuscule
  • Brohoof 4

@,

I CANT BREATH!!!! Bearly can type. I officially love Crepuscule now. Reminds me of, well, nevermind. I think you know. Gosh, i cant stop laughing.

EDIT: @@Brisineo, needs to read that! lol

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 3