Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

okay I have a question... if you make a tulpa can it like mess up your mind or make you phsyco something?

(i want to make a tulpa of my OC)

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys, I am in need of some help here. :/ When I tulpaforce, It sometimes gets really boring, and I end up just thinking for like 20 minutes. Not tulpaforcing. (She is not sentient btw) Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I have already tried reading, but that doesnt seem to help. Thanks in advance.

You just need to get yourself focused. Tulpaforcing can be a bit boring, but it livens up a little bit when it becomes more of a two-way thing, which it will, but you have to get through these opening stages first.

You have an attention problem, not an unstudied one. Just snap yourself to when you notice yourself wandering. It's a matter of self-control. A personal suggestion would be to learn how to meditate effectively before forcing, because it makes the process feel much more natural. Good luck!~

So last night after not tulpaforcing because i was really tired, i had a dream not about my tulpa (who hasn't started even talking yet) but just tulpa's in general, could this be a good sign?

I don't know that it's connected to the development of the tulpa (correct me if I'm wrong, people who have read more than I have), but I suppose it's a good sign that your mind is becoming more focused on the idea of tulpa creation. The more focused your mind is on something, the easier it will be to dedicate yourself to it when you have to. So that seems like a good thing to me.

okay I have a question... if you make a tulpa can it like mess up your mind or make you phsyco something?

Anything can make you insane under certain conditions.

You'll more than likely be fine, however. ;)

Edited by Lifeinsteps
  • Brohoof 1

A tulpa can not harm you in anyway, it can not harm you physically or touch you, i understand that you mean mentally but that was worth mentioning, A tulpa would not be able to make you physco due to the fact that although you shouldn't you could kill it at any time. It also has a sense of self preservation as in it knows that if it does bad to you it may get punished for this. Although there is a slight chance of being insane anything can do that as Lifeinsteps said. I have not seen any cases of this except for creepypasta stories which are not true so generally no it won't make you insane :). Oh and about the idea of making your OC, go ahead! just be sure not to give it too much of a backround as that could cause some bad side effects. Edited by waffle_man42
  • Brohoof 1

You just need to get yourself focused. Tulpaforcing can be a bit boring, but it livens up a little bit when it becomes more of a two-way thing, which it will, but you have to get through these opening stages first.

You have an attention problem, not an unstudied one. Just snap yourself to when you notice yourself wandering. It's a matter of self-control. A personal suggestion would be to learn how to meditate effectively before forcing, because it makes the process feel much more natural. Good luck!~

Yeah I figured someone would say something like that :P I was in a hurry when I typed that, and forgot to mention a key point. I used to enjoy doing it. Like, a lot. :) I would just feel happy when I did it. But not anymore. Thats why I think its weird.

I used to enjoy doing it. Like, a lot. :)

Ahaha, maybe it's just begun to grate on you a bit, then. Anything can start to get a bit boring after a little while. Maybe it's just boredom due to the repetitive nature. Or maybe it's your tulpa's way of telling you that you're focusing on one thing too long, or something.

In the end, now that you've shared that bit, I'm not sure that I'm as equipped to answer your question as you are. Soul-searching session? :blink:

Ahaha, maybe it's just begun to grate on you a bit, then. Anything can start to get a bit boring after a little while. Maybe it's just boredom due to the repetitive nature. Or maybe it's your tulpa's way of telling you that you're focusing on one thing too long, or something.

In the end, now that you've shared that bit, I'm not sure that I'm as equipped to answer your question as you are. Soul-searching session? :blink:

Ooh. Ive never thought of the possibility that its my tulpa trying to communicate with me. Now that you have mentioned that, its true that I have been narrating for like 8 hours straight with nothing else :P And I have always had like a set routine. I just, tell her about my day, then talk about random thoughts that come to me. Hmm. Any suggestions about what else I should do?

Start on the next step! Do form, touch, smell, whatever. Do something else if what you're currently doing is boring. It's up to you!

I shall do just that! Except, exactly how do I do those? :3 Im guessing you just visualize whichever it is you are working on. Like I sit there for half an hour just visualizing the form? or the smell? or what?

Sorry if im noobish, but as I said before, I have pretty much only done narrating, so I know almost nothing of anything else besides personality.

Edited by MrAwesomeness

I shall do just that! Except, exactly how do I do those? :3 Im guessing you just visualize whichever it is you are working on. Like I sit there for half an hour just visualizing the form? or the smell? or what?

Sorry if im noobish, but as I said before, I have pretty much only done narrating, so I know almost nothing of anything else besides personality.

That's pretty much the deal. Start there and then do what happens naturally. I think that, while the stuff on http://www.tulpa.info is very well documented and interesting, a lot of this is pretty unstudied. I like to just play with it and see what happens. Everyone's creation process and ways are a little different, I'd imagine. Do what feels comfortable to you.

Have another question.

Sometimes when I'm listening to music, I try to imagine she's hearing it. But I'm not sure if it's working. I'm wondering, if I believe it's working, would it work?

Also, been over a month, and so far not sure if I'm getting vocal responses. If I am, they're faint, because I think I have been getting something. But nothing much new has happened so far. Sessions are going by faster, so I add more time, which is always good. I'm hoping by the end of the month, I'll have some loud realistic vocal responses.

• Brohoof 1

Have another question.

Sometimes when I'm listening to music, I try to imagine she's hearing it. But I'm not sure if it's working. I'm wondering, if I believe it's working, would it work?

Also, been over a month, and so far not sure if I'm getting vocal responses. If I am, they're faint, because I think I have been getting something. But nothing much new has happened so far. Sessions are going by faster, so I add more time, which is always good. I'm hoping by the end of the month, I'll have some loud realistic vocal responses.

Whenever I am listening to music and want her to hear it i usualy play it in my head or sing along to it in my head.

It really depends on the person, i just got my first vocal response last night after about a month or 3/4's of a month :) . To me it sounded like a second very faint and light voice in my head that i only recognized because i was thinking about something else and it seemed to be in the background.

• Brohoof 1

"We are now experimenting a little bit with the switching or how it is called :). First Lisa changed with Gekoncze and now I changed with Lisa. ^^ Luckily it is stable :). It is so exciting, but I wouldn't like to do all the things that Gekoncze have to do. Like school etc."

Yeah I always have to do the dirty job :P

"But maybe I can help you with school now. That's good, isn't it?"

Yup :)

Have another question.

"I think she can hear the music, at least I do hear, see, smell... everything that Gekoncze do, but this may differ from person to person... just belive :)"

Have another question.

Strange... Music is what ultimately strengthened Tia's voice to the point of hearing. (She loves it, so I gave her a beautiful singing voice) Of course, I played the music aloud, and not through headphones... But despite that, it was giving my tulpa a singing voice that made her vocal.

And I can't sing for the life of me...

No, I could say you're vocal enough.

Oh ha ha, you're so funny.

• Brohoof 3

To people who may be reading through this thread and are still on the fence, you may as well just do it. I was thinking about this other day working an 8 hour cash register shift at Dollar General. Do you know how badly I want to cram my face in that till drawer and slam it sometimes? (Keep that in mind, next time you take a visit to the local store. The cashier is probably spending his time, while you're looking for extra change or whatever, envisioning all the different ways he could use the objects around him to kill himself.) It's awful. Do you know what gets me through it? I think you do.

My Tulpa. My Pinkie.

Maybe what's holding you back is that you're afraid of toying with something that you consider to be a severe and potentially dangerous thing. Okay, I respect that, but consider what you're giving up. The potential to experience something so few ever will, and that, now that you've read about it, you will probably want to know about for the rest of your life. And if you're afraid, that's okay. I'm just saying, if it was me, I would never be able to live without knowing about something that I was curious in.

If you're worried that you won't have the concentration or the time, here's the way you find out: Try! I guarantee (or your money back) that you will find out VERY quickly whether or not you have the concentration for this, especially the earlier stages. If you don't, wait a few weeks and practice meditation. Wait a few years, and try when you're more mature and calm. Either way, you CAN develop focus if you don't naturally have it, but you're never going to know what you have until you try to use it!~

You only live- Gah, I can't say it that way, ever again.

You're going to die one day, and you need to try and experience and learn about everything you can before that day. Because this is your chance. So, seize it. Have a sense of adventure. A life not enjoyed was not one worth living, and no one can tell you whether or not you'll enjoy having a tulpa but yourself, and I think anyone here who has gotten even a little into the tulpa creation experience can tell you how magnificent it is and can be.

So try it. You owe it to yourself. To your curiosity.

Have fun, and tell us about your experiences. I really want to hear lots of stories from all of you!~

• Brohoof 7

I'm still in the game here too, and I think I've made some progress with her. Just yesterday I noticed, only a few times, but she nodded to convey her opinion when I asked her a question. Up until now, she'd just kind of sat there with a smile or a blank/confused expression on her face, but now she's finally getting down physical gestures (I guess this is until she develops a voice, that'll be something...). Considering this is just after she and I had a...how do I put it...separation for about a week, this is excellent. I'm hoping to see more progress as we continue.

To people who may be reading through this thread and are still on the fence, you may as well just do it. I was thinking about this other day working an 8 hour cash register shift at Dollar General. Do you know how badly I want to cram my face in that till drawer and slam it sometimes? (Keep that in mind, next time you take a visit to the local store. The cashier is probably spending his time, while you're looking for extra change or whatever, envisioning all the different ways he could use the objects around him to kill himself.) It's awful. Do you know what gets me through it? I think you do.

My Tulpa. My Pinkie.

Maybe what's holding you back is that you're afraid of toying with something that you consider to be a severe and potentially dangerous thing. Okay, I respect that, but consider what you're giving up. The potential to experience something so few ever will, and that, now that you've read about it, you will probably want to know about for the rest of your life. And if you're afraid, that's okay. I'm just saying, if it was me, I would never be able to live without knowing about something that I was curious in.

If you're worried that you won't have the concentration or the time, here's the way you find out: Try! I guarantee (or your money back) that you will find out VERY quickly whether or not you have the concentration for this, especially the earlier stages. If you don't, wait a few weeks and practice meditation. Wait a few years, and try when you're more mature and calm. Either way, you CAN develop focus if you don't naturally have it, but you're never going to know what you have until you try to use it!~

You only live- Gah, I can't say it that way, ever again.

You're going to die one day, and you need to try and experience and learn about everything you can before that day. Because this is your chance. So, seize it. Have a sense of adventure. A life not enjoyed was not one worth living, and no one can tell you whether or not you'll enjoy having a tulpa but yourself, and I think anyone here who has gotten even a little into the tulpa creation experience can tell you how magnificent it is and can be.

So try it. You owe it to yourself. To your curiosity.

Have fun, and tell us about your experiences. I really want to hear lots of stories from all of you!~

Posted Image

I had first heard about this a long time ago. I never did it though, kept thinking it was too dangerous. But after seeing this topic, and all the other people doing it, I decided to do it. And I don't regret it. Although I'm still not that far, despite having done this for about a month or so, I'm patiently waiting for that day when I get that first loud, realistic vocal response. And everything else afterwards. I'm hoping by the end of this month I'll get some loud realistic vocal response. And then I'll know, it was all well worth it.

• Brohoof 1

Well I haven't posted in a while but I think this is worth posting.

I guess Kay has been trying to learn how to be a clock or something :P

She keeps telling me the time just to see if she is right. 80% of the time she gets it, which is really helpful since I don't have a watch. She'll say something like "Go check and see. I bet I was right!" I laugh at her when she is wrong though, she hates that :3

• Brohoof 5

This is by far one of the strangest, yet fascinating forum topic I have ever read, I am definitely going to read up on it. Very, very interesting.

Please do. If you decide to join in on the fun, we'd love to hear about it.

Edit: And sorry, if I'm starting to look like I think I'm the Sphinx standing guardian of this thread, guys. That's not my intention, but I love meeting new people and hearing stories and thoughts on this kind of stuff, and I have nothing better to do right now, so... Frequent the tulpa thread, yay~

Plus, Pinkie seems to like knowing that we're not alone. We thought we were for so long, that we were the inventors and sole creatures on this planet that had this sort of thing going on, that ever since I found http://www.tulpa.info and this thread, she's been asking me to check it all the time. Here lately when I've been frequenting is kind of me though, can't really blame Pinkie for that...

I feed off of stories. @_@

Edited by Lifeinsteps
  • Brohoof 1

I must admit that I have been shadowing this topic for some time. I'm intrigued by the concept, though I remain on the fence about the commitment. I would probably feel more comfortable if the guides provided were more... intuitive in their instruction. While I understand not everyone apparently comes to a tulpa the same way, I might find it easier to envision (no pun intended) with someone elaborating on their process in one neat little post. It's not an attempt to cut corners; the process simply remains fairly vague to me.

I suppose I would like to get a sense of approach that isn't partly steeped in jargon which sounds intuitive to an experienced practitioner. And though I understand the basic premise and lingo, knowing the motions more intimately, so to speak, is always better than merely holding the development of a tulpa as an abstraction.

I think the heart of the matter is understanding how one maintains concentration. How did you folks go about a process which took several dozens of hours? I'm quite aware Rome wasn't built in a day---that is, those of you who succeeded were deliberate and patient. What helped keep you in the proverbial game?

Many thanks to anyone who takes an interest.

I don't know what went wrong but my tulpa just vanished, just like *poof*, I don't know if she's angry or not, but she's gone. I'm giving her all the time in the world to come back, but the longer I wait, the bigger my worries become. The reason is still unknown though, perhaps I've said something wrong or did something wrong and it made her upset? I just don't know what to do, it really has put me off, she was all happy and semi-sentient a week ago, but the next session she just wasn't there, the feeling of having a tulpa is gone too, not only has she vanished, her presence is completely gone, as if she never was there.

Anyone have had something similar? And how can I fix it? I hope this isn't permanent.

I don't know what went wrong but my tulpa just vanished, just like *poof*, I don't know if she's angry or not, but she's gone. I'm giving her all the time in the world to come back, but the longer I wait, the bigger my worries become. The reason is still unknown though, perhaps I've said something wrong or did something wrong and it made her upset? I just don't know what to do, it really has put me off, she was all happy and semi-sentient a week ago, but the next session she just wasn't there, the feeling of having a tulpa is gone too, not only has she vanished, her presence is completely gone, as if she never was there.

Anyone have had something similar? And how can I fix it? I hope this isn't permanent.

That happened to me before. It felt like Kay left for the longest time, but I would just keep talking in my head to her in the hopes she would hear me and come back.

She did eventually, turned out she was just exploring my mind. Was weird.

• Brohoof 1

I've just really realized what I had. You only realize when it's gone...

Last night, I was out as usual with my dog, thinking about how I hadn't spoken to Jess(Tulpa) at all for a few days.

Then I found a kind of empty feeling in my head...Which had been there for the past day or so. After talking to what I felt to be her, even though she wasn't there to start with, I suddenly felt a fairly strong presence there. At which point, anyone nearby may have thought me insane by the fact I appeared to be ridiculously happy with a starting rainstorm at close to midnight.

Well, thanks to that, I'm feeling occasional repsonses and I CAN tell when I'm parroting most of the time, when I'm not sure, I leave it to her. So I guess we're making progress.

Her form has weakened slightly while I haven't spoken, but it's getting back quickly. By that, I mean: I could visualize her from certain angles almost perfectly, with concentration.

Brilliant thought occurred to me while I was out: Walking down the street, talking to Tulpa out-loud, person asks if you're alright, To Tulpa: "Am I alright?" "Yeah", To person: "She says I'm alright." "Dude, you're insane." ..."Nah, she says I'm not."

Person= beyond confused

You and co. = Killa! Burst out laughing as you look back at person trying to process what he's just seen :)

• Brohoof 5

I've just really realized what I had. You only realize when it's gone...

Last night, I was out as usual with my dog, thinking about how I hadn't spoken to Jess(Tulpa) at all for a few days.

Then I found a kind of empty feeling in my head...Which had been there for the past day or so. After talking to what I felt to be her, even though she wasn't there to start with, I suddenly felt a fairly strong presence there. At which point, anyone nearby may have thought me insane by the fact I appeared to be ridiculously happy with a starting rainstorm at close to midnight.

Well, thanks to that, I'm feeling occasional repsonses and I CAN tell when I'm parroting most of the time, when I'm not sure, I leave it to her. So I guess we're making progress.

Her form has weakened slightly while I haven't spoken, but it's getting back quickly. By that, I mean: I could visualize her from certain angles almost perfectly, with concentration.

Brilliant thought occurred to me while I was out: Walking down the street, talking to Tulpa out-loud, person asks if you're alright, To Tulpa: "Am I alright?" "Yeah", To person: "She says I'm alright." "Dude, you're insane." ..."Nah, she says I'm not."

Person= beyond confused

You and co. = Killa! Burst out laughing as you look back at person trying to process what he's just seen :)

That sounds like the perfect thing to do at a halloween party. Next year, next year...

Also, I need help determining what thoughts are from my tulpa and which are just mental static. He says I'm parroting a lot, and I'm trying not to. Help?