Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Sorry about double posting, but I forgot to mention, I may be makeing another tulpa when Dashie is finished. I was worrying about going back school. So Dash suggested making a Twilight tulpa to just help make school easier. I may consider her advice.

It's good when tulpa can help you with school, my tulpae helps me with it a lot. They always persuade me to learn more and to do the homework and sometimes when it is really hard for me to focus on the work, they do it for me ^^. Especially Lisa helps me with it. I remember when I created my first tulpa, my marks from all subjects got better by one grade B).

• Brohoof 2

Now I am defiantly tempted now. The only problem probably would be her pressuring me to do home work 24/7 

post-6061-0-66345600-1355502081_thumb.jpg

I don't wanna wake up to that in the morning :P

"Don't worry Rev, I'll protect you from the scary purple pony"

I feel better already <_< 

I guess I will just have fiddle around with her academic obsession.

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 3

If you have more than one tulpa, is it possible for one to tulpamagicstuffsubconscious better than the other one? Octavia is clearly capable of remembering things from before she was actualized, and happens to have more opinions of my schoolwork. Dan tends to remember things when I do and doesn't really opinion on things. Then again, Octavia HAS been doing some self-work while I'm doing other stuff.

Okay, so I read pretty much everything I could find (well, not literally), but I'd like to have some advice on just a thing.

So, I'm not going to take the Wonderland path, I'd rather take care of defining the personality of my tulpa.

But...

Should I actually write down tons of thing and preparing it in-depth before actually focusing and beginning to talk to tmy tulpa ?

Or should I just care to have some general ideas, and define them more precisely as I sit down and focus on my tulpa ?

I know it's a long process, I know there's no right way to do this, but I don't want to mess things up...

Also, I'm afraid of trying to create an ideal personality without noticing it... I'm conscious that it needs to have its flaws to be interesting, but...

I'm probably worrying too much already... <_<

• Brohoof 1

Don't force flaws (You might be wasting time if your tulpa outright rejects), but you can be generic with what personality points you want. You can let your tulpa decide on some things and specialize on its own time.

These damn colors are giving us so much "motherbucking" trouble. I managed to get one color to stick, her main body color. But the rest just keep on melting off.
It is becoming infuriating for us both.

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

Try colorless mane Dashie until you can get the color to stick.

Did you try less direct forcing methods, like imagining a paintbrush coloring Dashie or using imaginary hair dye? Maybe your mind is struggling to basically "Put color here!".

Like how my computer is unable to load the internet without screaming script error with every click or button press.

Try colorless mane Dashie until you can get the color to stick.

"I do have colorless mane, a lovely dull boring shade of gray."

Hmm, She originally looked like she had come out of those old black and white films.
And yea, we have tried those methods, all had the same result. Although the colors are staying in place longer and longer each day. 

Like you said, I just think my mind is just having trouble seeing all the colors at once, especially that accursed yellow.

Try summoning something for her to eat that would color her. Enchanted consumables seem to work in lucid dreams, I wonder if they work in wonderland?

I've also got a question about forcing. I find that I'm able to make wonderland (orb Dashie + my ponysona mindform inside a shell) most stable if I force from a third-person perspective. Is that bad? Will I accidently make my ponysona a tulpa if I do it for too long?

Edited by Lightning Dust

Try summoning something for her to eat that would color her. Enchanted consumables seem to work in lucid dreams, I wonder if they work in wonderland?

Hmmm. That could work, She drinks alot of coke, just might need to use that instead of food.(Don't ask me where she gets the coke from in the WL)

As for ponysona question, as long as you don't start focusing on it more then Dashie, you should be fine. 

*Squeeee* Another Dashie.

Indeed

Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

Liquefied zap apples forth the win!

Dashies, dashies everywhere!

Octavia, why'd you summon a bunch of Rainbow Dash right then?

SILENCE YOU NARWHAL

*ponyshrug* That is not my job.

Crossreferencing... Ow.

I've also got a question about forcing. I find that I'm able to make wonderland (orb Dashie + my ponysona mindform inside a shell) most stable if I force from a third-person perspective. Is that bad? Will I accidently make my ponysona a tulpa if I do it for too long?

It's counter-productive to force from a third-person perspective, because the whole point is to make what happens in the wonderland seem like it is happening to you for real. You don't look at real life in third person(though it would be awesome), the wonderland needs to be no different. It might seem hard to visualize it all from first person, that's what happened to me when I first started out, but if it is hard just try your best to visualize in first person till it seems natural to view in first-person. The whole process will go a lot faster then.

Hmm, maybe do what I did, or something similar. Your Dashie is a orb right? If so, I found it helped to sit with my hands cupped out in front of me, and then pictured the orb in my hands. I found it alot easier to maintain the wonderland this way. Might work for you too.

Edited by zRevenantz

I used to have the problem (and often still do...I only found my solution about 2 hours ago ^-^) Of seeing things in third person, and often seeing my Tulpa as if I was in third person- During impositionynessification. BUT, I found an interesting solution: See yourself as pretty much anything you want, yet don't force things to much, let them change a bit if they just do, hence, me now being somewhat of a wolf during wonderlandness, be it open-eye or not, 'Tis very fun being a wolf...I guess a useful thing would be to play a few first-person games or something...

Anyway, enough of my probably-way-too-odd 'help',

...Jess told me to shut up yesterday. That's about all I can think of as an update really, everything else is rollin' nicely...A little slow I guess, but rolling nevertheless.

I fix the third-person problem by not having a wonderland, and visualizing Pinkie right in front of me. ;)

So, last night I became aware I was dreaming... awesome! I was just struttin' about when I'm like, "Whoa, this is a dream. Sweet!" I rub my hands together, look at everything, feels great. I'm right about to start doing lucid-dream stuff, when my fire alarm decides to tell me it's got a low battery.

Fffff, screw that. I had to get up and take out the battery and unplug it, and I didn't have any more lucid dreams that night when I went back to sleep.

• Brohoof 2

I actually took the time to read that entire wall of text, and I still can't grasp the concept of a Tulpa. Oh well, I've always been a more "If I can see it, touch it, or hear it, then it exists and I'll worry about it." type of person.

Little update everyone:

I forced myself into first person-view (as my ponysona) while forcing last night. It's still quite a bit to get used to. I tried looking around at myself (looked down at all fours squating on the ground, turned around to look at my tail, flicked my mane a bit), perched on my hind hooves and raised my front hooves to look at them a bit...move them and get a feel for them (kinda what happens at the start of a lot of FPS games). It still feels a bit weird, like I'm "in my body," not like I AM my body. But I'm guessing that fades with time.

Captain Nemo, you've got a point about self vs wonderland. I noticed that as I focused on forcing Dashie and my mindform, wonderland kinda naturally faded on its own. Though at one point (after wonderland faded to a black void) an icy, yet white-hot (how? I don't know, it just was) jagged pillar shot out of the ground next to Dashie and I. It was one of those unconscious thoughts, however, it wasn't malevolent. It just kinda stood there, casting a blinding light on us for about a minute. It was annoying, but not dangerous. Ater that it slowly faded back to nothingness. Weird, huh?

Edited by Lightning Dust
  • Brohoof 1

i dont mean to sound ignorant, but this all seems to be the next step up in making imaginary friends

now i dont shun this concept, i used to actually do this when i was younger in middle school for a few months, but that was before i even knew his concept existed

nowadays i do this with pinkie pie except i picture whats going on in a 3rd person view with pinkie doing whatever, its basically a live stream day dream

I actually took the time to read that entire wall of text, and I still can't grasp the concept of a Tulpa. Oh well, I've always been a more "If I can see it, touch it, or hear it, then it exists and I'll worry about it." type of person.

Well, technically if you get deeper into this, you'll be able to do such a thing(feel, see, taste, smell, see). Funny how the mind works, eh?

Guess, I haven't made a progress report in a while, might as well make one now. First things, first Noami is not Noami anymore. She doesn't liked her name. For now, it has been decide on Becca. It's a cute name.

The wonderland had changed yet again, from being on rooftops to rooftop, to a desert, than back to the island's hangar. Feeling around wonderland has started to increase as well. Though my mind has fully perceive touch, I'm started to feel tingles when I touch certain items with my right arm....and my lips as well. Yeah, around the process of creating Becca. She continued to taunt me yet again. I tried to reason with her, but my body had not let me win the battle and I just kissed her. Butterflies in my stomach and my lips feeling a certain tingle around them. It would of have become worse if it weren't for the fact that my cell phone rang. Who knows how deep I could of went.

All of the forces since my last progress date had been about processing the form of Becca. She still has glitches a good amount of them. The last force has help since I was able to visual see her face from a front view to a 3/4 view, there is part of her body as well. I'm getting there, every day it'll be clearer, I know it. She isn't fully vocal, there are times where she can talk:

"Just who in"

Becca: The hell

"do you think I am?"

Though there are only a few times that happen, most of her thoughts are inaudible. 

As for Ricky, he's been the same. His personality is coming along as I thought it would be. He's audible. He answer most, if not all question I give him(A small percentage, because there might be some parroting be it only a few). His form will need some tuning up (he wants to have the form of Gurren Lagann...oh boy. However, until Becca form is near-perfect he'll be stuck as a basic robot for now.)

• Brohoof 2

So, yesterday, while I was going to sleep, I suddenly heard one word in my mind, and I'm 100% sure that wasn't me.

But I don't think it was my tulpa either...

I'm only ~3 hours in, I've only been working on his personality. But in fact, I often think about him and I strongly believe in my tulpa.

Well, anyway, he's supposed to be someone very calm and all, and I suddenly heard "Putain !" in my mind, which is a french world between "Dammit !" and "F*ck !"

That felt weird. It was really loud. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

I'm only ~3 hours

That....that is pretty soon, but then again, Dashie first spoke within four days for me. So why not.

As for him suddenly cursing. He is pretty undeveloped and his personality isn't set in stone yet, so he will do/say things that aren't something he (normally?) would. Also expect some changes within his personality and appearance.

If that makes any sense.

Rizoel & Creuscule are better at explaining things then me. Edited by zRevenantz
  • Brohoof 1

Yea, like I said, I don't think it was him, but I don't exclude the possibility...

I was pretty tired and it was late too.

I'll keep on building his personnality, I guess it's way easier to do than beginning to visualize and all... I'll wait till' next Saturday, I'm going to my grandparents' for one week, and I'll have plenty of time for me and my tulpa. (no internets :( )

Edited by Akihiro

I just have to share this conversation...It's pretty win.

So...What is it?

Night.

What shall we do?

Luna..

Okay....Wait, what?...Did you just say....?.

^

Much hilarity ^-^

Yeah, that's all I can think of really...Um...Yeah...

• Brohoof 2

Make the moon? Visit it? Your tulpa wants to summon Luna clones? Do tell sometime later what your tulpa meant.

The suspense! It is suspenseful!

WAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

They REALLY get excited over things.