Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I am so paronoid.

Pinkie D Pie

I just noticed how paronoid I am about hiding my brony-ness. First off at my house my sister stands up in the living room(my bedroom is right beside the living room) and i hit the exit brower button so fast. If course my computer is also set to deete browsing history right after i get off it. But onto more stories, this morning i checked this site and again my sister walks in and I close my laptop so she does not see me on it. At school me and my freinds wrote a comic and decided to add the "True Story" face at the end. So we look it up and theres a pony one. One person mentions it and I go yes let's use that one. Of course one of them goes "Are you brony?". And of course I quickly say no, of course not.(I'm a closet brony if you have not noticed). Of course this gives me hints there may be more bronies at my school so it's not all that bad.

But anyway onto a question, are any of you this paronoid about being a brony.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not at all paranoid about being a brony and I openly say I'm a brony. Although, a minority of bronies are closet bronies like you, although usually much less extreme.

You really need to not worry so much about others knowing. Especially if there are other bronies at your school, everything will go better then expected.

It's inevitable. Don't make a big deal out of it and others won't either. :3

Problem solved!

/)*( Aww Yeah!

The reason i make a big deal is because my school is full of most people i can tell will not like bronies at all. Aslo i beleive there may be other bbronies but i am not sure. I must have more proof.

I guess I am still a little nervous at the thought of people coming in and seeing an episode on, or the forum open, etc... But I've always loved cartoons, who am I to hide it? I don't go yelling I'm a pegasister from the hilltops, but do mention, "Hey yeah, it's actually an adorable and charming show" in conversation with others once in a while. :P

I'm a bit paranoid about it, mostly to my closeish family members (grandparents, cousins, etc.) and some of my friends, but I'm not afraid to talk about it with my friends who do know. And my immediate family. I'm fine with talking about it around them. I do get a bit awkward when talking about it though. :/

Not at all my friend! I usually embrace my bronyness if I can cause sooner or later somepony is going to find out about it. You shouldn't really hide your bronyness so extrememe like you know? Seems really stressful to just do that so mind as well tell. What's the worst that can happen if you tell?

A little suggestion: Don't try too hard to cover your hobby. The more you being paranoid, the more people around you get the hint, and it the end the embarrassment will be overwhelming.

Just play it cool

Although I still don't have the balls to tell anyone yet, what I can say is that if they're your friends they won't care, at worst, they'll stop hanging out with you, well I guess they aren't your friends then, a true friend wouldn't stop hanging out with another friend for such a petty reason. As for your family, I dunno, I always feel the female members of my family wouldn't care, but the male members would go "wtf". You can try telling mom at least, I'm sure she wont care, depending on the type of mom you have.

Well, I have told my parents and all, but my little brother (12 years old) doesn't know, and I don't want him to know before I have explained everything well to him. I don't want him to think that I am gay or something when I am not (I have nothing against gays, but I don't like it when my brother thinks I am, if you know what I mean.) So I hide almost everything from him, untill I have expalined it er carefully to him.

My classmates know, but they don't know what a brony is, so I think they think that I am just kidding or something. i ve expaind it though to someone I trust in my class, and they think it's ok. I was a clost brony for 3 mounths after I got introduced to the show by a friend. I kinda tried not to like it, but I couldn't resist, it was great. But I didn't begin watching it at home before 1 mounth after it (this happened in the summer of 2011). 2 mounths after I said it to my dad and later my mom found out, they think it's ok, but my father reacted a little strange in the beggining, but he think it's ok now.

I would say it's great to say it to your closest family and friends, because then you can more easily watch the show at home and doen't need to hide it. I recomend this to all you closet bronies :)

(edited)

I wouldn't say I'm a closet brony cause ill tell anyone who asks. Keyword: "asks". It does feel weird sometimes, but I still do.

I plan in getting quite a few shirts also to display my bronyism, this way, I don't have to say anything!

Also, you shouldn't feel bad about being a brony. It's nothing bad or extreme that you need to hide. Of course you shouldn't throw it in everyone's face, but don't feel paranoid that something bad will come to you for telling someone. My friends all mess with me about it, but we are still really good friends. My mom is pretty homophobic, but I still watch it on netflix at all times and plan on getting some clothing despite this. I can easily tell her that brony=/=gay or vice versa.

Edited by Kirby

If it didn't happen yet, then I don't need to worry about it. I'll deal with it once it comes.

Not because I'm lazy or anything, and not because my signature has something to do with it, but because I really don't see the point. Like the one above me, I'll tell anyone who asks.

(Note: Get a shirt with Twilight on it, even if it turns me to a laughingstock where I live)

You:

Ah, don't sweat it. The more you hide it, the more other people will notice it. Maybe try and gather the courage to tell everyone your a Brony one day? Let it all out and take pride in who you are?

Me:

I'm not what you would call paranoid about being a Brony at all, only yesterday, my mom took me to the ''Main Market'' which is the most busiest place in Lahore. When I went there, I was wearing a Brony shirt with big captions on it. Even though everyone was looking at me all weird, I didn't mind. I just kept on Herpin' and Derpin' down the street.

Test it with a couple of friends or family members you can trust. If their reactions are better than you expect, then you're courage to show off your brony pride will boost dramatically.

As for me, I've lost pretty much all fear of others seeing it. If Ponies come up in a conversation, I interrupt whatever they were about to say with "Yes, I watch My Little Pony. It's awesome, so shut up."

I never talked about it for a few weeks, I admit I was a little afraid to. Then one day I just sorta stopped caring. I don't even remember HOW I told anyone. I just started talking about it, playing music a lot, and now I talk about it almost all the time lol. ITs a lot more normal to everyone now, because they know me. I mean I'm still the same guy. I get teased a little, but its actually funny sometimes.

Just be yourself and stay cool. Thats my advice.

Kinda OT: One of my friends told me once: "You always make it sound so cool, but then you say names like 'Pinkie Pie' and 'Princess Celestia' so I just can't wrap my mind around it."

I will probably first tell my mom, and hopefully she will be like ok. Then i may i have the courage to admit it over xbox. By then i am sure alot more people will know. At least i hope they do. Maybe next year i can start wearing pony attire.

Guess what. I'm still paranoid and crazy. But hopefully not for long! I have plans to tell some people.

(edited)

I just noticed how paronoid I am about hiding my brony-ness. First off at my house my sister stands up in the living room(my bedroom is right beside the living room) and i hit the exit brower button so fast. If course my computer is also set to deete browsing history right after i get off it. But onto more stories, this morning i checked this site and again my sister walks in and I close my laptop so she does not see me on it. At school me and my freinds wrote a comic and decided to add the "True Story" face at the end. So we look it up and theres a pony one. One person mentions it and I go yes let's use that one. Of course one of them goes "Are you brony?". And of course I quickly say no, of course not.(I'm a closet brony if you have not noticed). Of course this gives me hints there may be more bronies at my school so it's not all that bad.

But anyway onto a question, are any of you this paronoid about being a brony.

I do the same with the browser history, but what makes me really paranoid are the facebook connections everywhere. Whenever I read an article about Bronies or stuff like that I am afraid fb is trolling me and shows "....has just read the article....on...." or stuff like that.

And I doubt many people in my country and friendlist even know about bronies, so everything mlp related would look weird as f***

Edited by Wildcard