Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Card Game Night

Jedishy

I have several decks of the MLP CCG  ( Collectible Card Game ). So if there are enough people interested we could decide to host a card game night. I have enough decks to share if people do not have their own so dont worry if you dont have one. The when/where can be figured out if we get interest. 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

@Jedishy

I think this would be a pretty cool idea. I haven't had the chance to play/learn the CCG, but I'd like to give it a go. Maybe we can also bring other card games, as well? Maybe Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder and Prance? Maybe even other games like Magic, Cardfight Vangard and others?

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I think this would be a pretty cool idea. I haven't had the chance to play/learn the CCG, but I'd like to give it a go. Maybe we can also bring other card games, as well? Maybe Twilight Sparkle's Secret Shipfic Folder and Prance? Maybe even other games like Magic, Cardfight Vangard and others?

Heck yea lets make it a game night. I got magic the gathering cards I can bring so lets do it. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jedishy said:

Heck yea lets make it a game night. I got magic the gathering cards I can bring so lets do it. 

Awesome! I'm guessing as the time draws near, the location we'll be figured out, or something like that. I've tried Magic the Gathering, but I could never get into the game. I do have Cardfight Vangaurd and Prance. I'm thinking of getting Twilight's Secret Shipfic Folder cards in the future.

• Brohoof 2

I am bumping this as I want to hear ideas and see how many might show. I can bring decks of both the MLP CCG cards and Magic the Gathering cards. I have enough for around 6 or 7 people I believe for the CCG and well magic I have a TON so I can make several decks. I also have cards against humanity if people are interested and that can have a number of players. 

On 7/5/2019 at 7:55 PM, Dynamo Pad said:

Awesome! I'm guessing as the time draws near, the location we'll be figured out, or something like that. I've tried Magic the Gathering, but I could never get into the game. I do have Cardfight Vangaurd and Prance. I'm thinking of getting Twilight's Secret Shipfic Folder cards in the future.

Do you have enough for multiple people on Vanguard and Prance? 

Do we want to put a few hours into this and get snacks/drinks? 

EDIT

The shipfic game seems to be out of print but it does appear you can download and print the cards.... maybe we can do something with that? 

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Jedishy said:

I am bumping this as I want to hear ideas and see how many might show. I can bring decks of both the MLP CCG cards and Magic the Gathering cards. I have enough for around 6 or 7 people I believe for the CCG and well magic I have a TON so I can make several decks. I also have cards against humanity if people are interested and that can have a number of players. 

Do you have enough for multiple people on Vanguard and Prance? 

Do we want to put a few hours into this and get snacks/drinks? 

EDIT

The shipfic game seems to be out of print but it does appear you can download and print the cards.... maybe we can do something with that? 

That would be cool if you brought multiple decks of MLP CCG. I tried to learn the game before, but it was always confusing. I'd still like to learn and give the game a try. I think cards against humanity would also be pretty awesome. Do you have cards against Equestria? I think that's also a card game, but I could be wrong on that.

I only have one deck for prance, but for vanguard, I have about 5 decks. One of them isn't updated and another is missing 2 cards, but the deck has proxy's. So, I can bring the deck of cards with me to teach and play, if anyone is interested. For me, it depends on what panels are going on at the time, but I'd be up to put a few hours into this.

That's a shame on the shipfic cards. I'm unable to download and print the cards, but they might have them in the vendor hall. I can always check and see how that goes. If not, then we'll still have plenty of games to play.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

That's a shame on the shipfic cards. I'm unable to download and print the cards, but they might have them in the vendor hall. I can always check and see how that goes. If not, then we'll still have plenty of games to play.

I am downloading and printing a few decs of ship fic. So we will have those 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 4:34 PM, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

What about other games? I have a few card games, board games.

Bring anything. The more options the better so lets do it. 

8 hours ago, Booker said:

That sounds fun. I can bring a few MTG decks too, and I also have Unstable Unicorns if anyone wants to play that.

Sounds like a good time. Options are always good 

• Brohoof 2

Ok so we need to set up a time/date

I have my own thoughts but I think having a game night after the con would be a great way to keep the fun alive so maybe someones room? ( Mine is obviously an option ) Alternatives are open 

Oh and I could only do 5 copies of the basic deck of Twilight ship fix. I will give away 3 of those to random people that show to game night 

• Brohoof 2

+1 for Thursday night. I'm going to Neighhem Fest on Sunday night (I'll be unavailable 5:15 until midnight, probably) so that's not a good day for me either, and I'd recommend against Friday night since the Gala is until 11pm. I'll be in Baltimore on Thursday around 1pm and I'm leaving on Monday at 2pm. Stabletop games works, but that takes up con time and we'll be a bit limited on games we can play (no CAH and such). I think my hotel room is a little smaller than most, but it's not too far (20ish minute walk) from the convention center and there's nobody else in it. It should be fine to use if nobody else has a larger and/or closer room we can use.

I'll also be wearing my avatar as a badge, but I'll also be cosplaying as my OC Friday night at the Gala, Saturday, and Sunday, so that should be easy to spot. Just look for the 6'1 white pegasus.

I'm bringing five MTG decks (all casual, though I can make 1 modern legal if I sideboard in a few cards), a bunch of different dice, and Unstable Unicorns with the Rainbow expansion and the NSFW expansion (basically CAH). Also, I'll bring a standard pack of coated playing cards if anyone wants to use those for some reason.

• Brohoof 1

I have a room at the Hilton by myself Wednesday night to Sunday morning. Are people suggesting we don't meet during the con, only after? I will be such a wreck that I will probably just go home. Plus I don't want to pay for parking after Sunday.

I am going to the Purlesque Saturday night. I should be free Thursday night. How about we update our locations on our statuses?

So two votes for Thurs evening. Which sounds like a plan as far as I am concerned unless there is some 1 time event I cant catch otherwise. So let me look at the schedule here. @Dynamo Pad you expressed interest what are your thoughts on Thursday? 

• Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

Are people suggesting we don't meet during the con, only after? I will be such a wreck that I will probably just go home.

We can all still meet during the con, but that probably shouldn't be our main game event.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Jedishy said:

So two votes for Thurs evening. Which sounds like a plan as far as I am concerned unless there is some 1 time event I cant catch otherwise. So let me look at the schedule here. @Dynamo Pad you expressed interest what are your thoughts on Thursday? 

I would say it depends on the time as I made a schedule for panels to go to on Thursday, but I think I can try and make it.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

@Dynamo Pad @2nd Amendment Brony @Booker 

What time works best and do we want public area or hotel room? Also how do we want to handle snacks?

I have enough sets of Twlight shipfic for the 4 of us plus one more

I also am bringing the MLP trading card game so another five sets 

Any other games? 

Hmm...I'm pretty much free after the opening ceremonies. I do have the orioles game, but I could always pass on that before the next panel later on. So, maybe 6:30 if that works for everyone? If earlier, then I'm not entirely sure. Maybe a public area in case someone passing by wants to join in?

I'm bring my deck of Prance and my vanguard decks. I have 4 decks with me if everyone else mentioned and/or going wants to give the game a try.

• Brohoof 1

@Jedishy Thursday? 6:30 should be fine. I actually have a huge collection of the TSSSF cards. I was an original backer, and one of the cards in an expansion is my profile pic, pony Raven, that I wrote the text for. I can show everypony the cards but I don't want to play them. But I do have some duplicates I can trade.

I brought some board games, but I would have to read the rules.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, 2nd Amendment Brony said:

@Jedishy Thursday? 6:30 should be fine. I actually have a huge collection of the TSSSF cards. I was an original backer, and one of the cards in an expansion is my profile pic, pony Raven, that I wrote the text for. I can show everypony the cards but I don't want to play them. But I do have some duplicates I can trade.

I brought some board games, but I would have to read the rules.

Is there a room that you can play card games in? I remember there was a prance tournament last year and there was a room to play the card game in. Same with other card games and TSSSF. 

If not, then maybe we can figure out a place to go to play for a while. 

• Brohoof 1

@Jedishy

Any time on Thursday after the opening ceremonies works for me. And a public area could work, but as I said earlier, we wouldn't be able to play Cards Against Humanity (I think someone here said they have CAH, but I don't remember who) or the NSFW expansion of Unstable Unicorns in public. Also, it sounds a bit counterintuitive, but we'd probably have more space in a hotel room without all the people milling around and being loud. I don't care too much either way, but that's how I see it.

As for snacks, we could each just bring something like a bag of candy or a bottle of soda or whatever. I have to buy food at some point on Thursday, so I can pick up a few things if anyone has requests for snacks.

I'll be bringing everything I mentioned earlier, and I might be able to fit a few more games, but it depends on what I can stuff into my suitcases. My train station doesn't allow checked baggage, so I have to fit everything in my two carry-on bags. I'll see what I can squeeze in tomorrow.

• Brohoof 1