Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight and Spike having a HUGE fight

FlareGun45

This is something I woulda loved seeing in the series! Sure we had certain fallouts between the two in Owl's Well That Ends Well and Father Knows Beast, but they both been one-sided. Loved ones argue and fight all the time, especially close friends, but what doesn't kill 'em makes 'em stronger! I mean, you'd think that with their sibling-like relationship and Spike always being the one to follow Twilight aimlessly would someday get to Spike and he'd just snap at her. Hey, even the calmest of folk can have their snappish moments - Ned Flanders, very calm man, finally snapped one time. I know I seen alota the fandom wanting that, counting that there's a whole group of fanfics on Fimfiction called "Spike tells the ponies off".

It would really be great seeing Twilight and Spike's relationship put to the test like this! See how their lives would turn out if they decided to go their separate ways. Of course this is only temporary - knowing this show, barely any friendship has a permanent fallout! Would you wanna see a story like this.... yunno, as a possible special, or more likely, the comics?

"It's About Time" was the first episode I ever watched of this show, and I think that pretty well establishes that Spike just takes a laid back approach to Twilight's antics. Plus we've had multiple occasions addressing when he's crossed a line or as him being a pushover. They get into situations where they roll their eyes at one another, not actually fight. A big part of that comes with their overall maturity, afterall, twilight's long been full grown, and although Spike is pretty young for a dragon, the age difference between him and twilight isn't huge, 5 or 10 years at most I'd bet, but that's a discussion for another topic.