Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Will you eat food after it fell on the floor?

Muffinnz

Will you eat food after it fell on the floor?  

32 users have voted

1. 1. Will you eat food after it fell on the floor?

• Yes
    • No

• 5 months later...

Depends on the food and the floor. If bagel on my room's floor that I picked up after 5 seconds, sure. If bagel on my basement's pantry floor (where our cat box is), no. If unpeeled banana on any floor, sure. If peeled banana on my room's floor after 5 seconds, yes, but only after I wash it off. If spaghetti on any floor, no. Etc., etc.

Edited by Starset Twinkle

• 2 months later...

No, no and no :laugh:

No matter how perfectly clean the floor is, there's always something that better stay away from my mouth. And even if it was actually 100% sterile with a literal 0 germs, dirt etc - my conciousness wouldn't let me still. 

I'd rather throw that piece of food out. And I hate throwing food away. This should give a hint as to how much against eating from the floor am I :coco:

Maybe if the food did not directly touch the dirty gross floor, in general no... Alltough I have done it, and most of the time I regret doing so. Especially when I get a bunch of hair in my mouth. 

Edited by JuliaMaxOS

The verb makes it sound as OP is asking if I am going to eat off the floor in the future rather than asking for m views on eating off the floor in general. "Will you go to the park?" vs "Do you go to parks?"

anyway I will not eat the food on my floor because a) my dogs probably already ate it; b) my floors mostly mingle dirty paws with dirty feet and sometimes the occasional slug (friggin slugs); c) the quantity is too small for my lame human eyes to see or nose to sniff out; d) I am not a slug myself so I don't like feeding on decayed floor food with my weird jaw and my thousands of flexible radula scraping up that stuff (here)

I do eat the occasional floor food though eg if it's recently dropped and is dry food like a crisp, because the above doesn't apply and my fearsome arsenal of bacteria-killing acids and enzymes will deal with the average crisp bacteria. But not if a dog has already eaten it and especially not if a slug has eaten it (not that slugs can eat crisps). 

19 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

The verb makes it sound as OP is asking if I am going to eat off the floor in the future rather than asking for m views on eating off the floor in general. "Will you go to the park?" vs "Do you go to parks?"

anyway I will not eat the food on my floor because a) my dogs probably already ate it; b) my floors mostly mingle dirty paws with dirty feet and sometimes the occasional slug (friggin slugs); c) the quantity is too small for my lame human eyes to see or nose to sniff out; d) I am not a slug myself so I don't like feeding on decayed floor food with my weird jaw and my thousands of flexible radula scraping up that stuff (here)

I do eat the occasional floor food though eg if it's recently dropped and is dry food like a crisp, because the above doesn't apply and my fearsome arsenal of bacteria-killing acids and enzymes will deal with the average crisp bacteria. But not if a dog has already eaten it and especially not if a slug has eaten it (not that slugs can eat crisps). 

Haha but will you let one of your puppers lick your face? Most of us affectionate humans do lol, do you leave your dishes laying in the sink? Would you going swimming in a lake or even a public pool for that matter? Do you wash your hands after you put on and take off your shoes? A lot of every day conveniences are crawling with germs, most of us don't regularly dust off our keyboards, some haven't seen a good cleaning in over a year or more well go right to it and then hand to keyboard, hand to chip bag/sandwich lol, if you game do you always make sure to keep your controllers off the ground? Or do you wash your hands between using them? If humans knew about half the shit the food they eat has actually went through lol even recently before eating lol, none of this even includes personal/sexual actions humans take lol, there's just a taboo of me literally not wanting hair in my mouth, but if it doesn't have hair or literal dirt or something worse on it, I'll eat of the floor sure... Germs are inescapable, there is a constant theme you will see through out media of super germ phobics coming to grips with this, how much bacteria is on the steering wheel of most people's cars lol, if you have pets, you probably don't fear bacteria "that badly"...

9 hours ago, Spook Conundrum said:

Germs are inescapable, there is a constant theme you will see through out media of super germ phobics coming to grips with this, how much bacteria is on the steering wheel of most people's cars lol, if you have pets, you probably don't fear bacteria "that badly"...

I feel better about floor crisps now :3

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, abrony-mouse said:

I feel better about floor crisps now :3

Oh yeah man especially people that own cats, they walk and shuffle around in their own feces and urine and then boom hop right up on the kitchen counter, the living room furniture and so forth, I love animals haha I am very anti germ phobics if anything, it's just your pups probably run around out back with their literal nose to the ground, maybe do a little digging, we are constantly being polluted by bacteria, I love laying in front of my box fans but I sure as hell don't clean them regularly xD yeah as long as it's not visibly dirty or crawling with hair, I'm good xD