mega thread Why you chose your user name.

Klopp

Because this time it's really Christmas themed. :catface:

My previous username had nothing to do with Christmas,  it was more about  my real name. 

Edited by Nicholas

Because Latias/Latios, whose species names are both the Eon Pokemon, are my favorite Pokemon. A couple of popular ways to refer to them are the Eon Duo and Lati@s, so I thought I would just combine the two! That, and it seems like a good name in its own right, instead of an obvious portmanteau.

Edited by Lateon
  • Brohoof 1

I guess this will be my first post here.  :lol:

I was instructed to go to the roleplay area if I liked that, but it sed I need 5 posts first. 

I guess I chose my name because I really like twilight and I like cold stuff, so Twlight frost it was! 

I really don't know why but MLG means my name and 4Ever was just out of randomness

History of my internet usernames:

2009: I joined Club Penguin as Mlgmm12345 (yea I know it's a long one)

2012: I created a new penguin called MLG4Ever (just for backup and kept Mlgmm12345 as my main one) also joined twitter during that year (lots of my friends were using as well)

2013 and 14: Both of my users were banned from a massive Hack Attack and I got tired of the child-ish drama was going around and found a new fandom called the bronies after I watched on YT A PMV called "Beyond her garden / tomb" by Brony Dance Party

2014 - 15: I became very popular until [some thing horrible happened] (don't want to chat about it ) and deleted all of my social accounts and joined PonyChan

So that's pretty much how I joined the fandom also!

When I joined my first forums I was an immature 12 years old (now I'm an immature 15 year old :P) so I made my name imabossxD. I later realized how stupid that sounded, so I tried to come up with something that sounded cool like the other members, so I came up with InfiniteLegend, which eventually became simply Infinite, because everyone called me it 'cause it was shorter. When I joined here I found that Infinite was already taken, so I added my favorite number, and here I am.

A shortened version of a nickname given to me by my grandmother. I also used the name for a character I created (who is semi-autobiographical). :)

Well, I was in a 20th century class when I started to gain an interest in MLP, and then my friends and I started to put pictures of totalitarian leaders as ponies into our study guide. We came up with names for them all, and my name was born.

• Brohoof 1

Well I have many usernames and I wanted a new one to use here. I decided to go with a name I intended to give my OC.. well untill I googled it and saw it was being used. But yeah lets not go into that. Still I liked the name and decided if it wasn't being used already as a username I'd use it. So not a very exciting story.

• 4 weeks later...

Harold Genhi is my pen name and artist name so that people can't find out my real name (It isn't hard to be honest to find it somewhere... I used to be pretty open about it, but I've been separating the two more heavily and switching a lot around to make sure that I and Harold are between a wall. So tracing its origins back.

It is my username here but is from my artist name which is from my pen name, which is from my username from another website, which is from my username from another forum, which is from my Skyrim character name, which is from my Oblivion character name, which is from Star Wars Battlefront II character name, which is from my Runescape days, which leads to the first time I made the name. It was my first name I used for a character in Halo 2. My brother had Delta960 so I wanted a name that didn't have numbers in it and looked like a name because whatever.

So of being of Norwegian descent, I had heard a few things from my dad who was Norwegian (he lived there, I was born in the US and lived here my entire life, but I still knew more about Norway than the common bear). So I had heard of the king of Norway, Harald V of Norway. Of course, I heard it said as Harold. And there we have the origin of the first part, but for it to be a username anywhere, it would have to use numbers so I had to be crafty with the second half. (As crafty as a young boy could be at that age). It was to be my character that I used for everything. It was to be a genesis and new. So the plain and simple Genhi is just me jamming Genesis and Hi (greeting) together to create Genhi.

And that is how Harold Genhi was born.

A while back, I saw the comments on this status update, and since I had time to spare, I thought I'd play along and change my username for a while. Now, though, I may keep it for good... it looks better and somewhat more catchy than my previous usernames, to me, and I guess when someone who makes a topic or update sees I reply to it, it may brighten up their day somehow, to know that Senpai has noticed them. x3

It's my ponysona's name.

But I'm considering switching it soon. Changed it, changed it, changed it. Only because a lot of people know me as Tadashi, not Peppermint.

Edited by Tadashi Hamada

My normal non-pony username is InfectedCoyote which I actually got from a random username generator because I'm lazy. I then just change Coyote to Pone for my pony stuff.

Edited by InfectedPone

All of the other avatars I've ever used were car-related because those are the other type of site. I frequent. well, I knew none of my old usernames would cut it on here, and wasn't sure what to use. So I thought- what has your pony experience been like? Well, it was like my mind was under siege by ponies, who are trying to take it over (I'm exaggerating there, BTW). Then, I found a way to make it a Star Wars pun, and knew from that point on I was destined to be Attack of the Pwns.

I used to be known as DiamondHeart, which is my OC's name (pony OC, that is). Ah.. man.. I did a lot of ignorant stuff when I was a few years younger, so I didn't play Steam in a long time and I started fresh. Nonbinaryduck is a username which I made b/c well, I identify as a nonbinary person and I'm obsessed with ducks!

Honestly though? I want to go back to DiamondHeart. In fact, I think I may. Diamondheart suits me so well, and I love my pony OC with all of my heart. I have BPD, and this is one of the names which I can actually identify myself with and be proud to say, with extreme confidence, that I am Diamondheart. Hah, sorry if this sounds cheesy.. it's just.. I miss being D-Heart (that was my nickname xD) and I grew so accustomed to it I can't shake it off. 

tl;dr: I'm nonbinaryduck well, because I identify as a nonbinary person and I'm obsessed with ducks, I may change my name back to my old user, which is Diamondheart out of nostalgia and personality disorder reasons.

• Brohoof 1