Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Do you change your own oil or have a shop do it?

Oblivion

I USUALLY try to change my own oil but since living in an apartment complex makes it rather difficult I sometimes take it in now or do it quickly so no one can call in and complain about it! 

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Booker has a Santa hat said:

I was taught how to change oil as a kid, so I'll probably do it myself when I get a car. Motorcycles require a lot of maintenance, so when I get one of those I'll have to learn how to do more than just change the oil.

Main thing is changing tires on bikes! Tires on motorcycles usually have to be kept in very good shape or the rider could crash and burn! 

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Blivy said:

Main thing is changing tires on bikes! Tires on motorcycles usually have to be kept in very good shape or the rider could crash and burn! 

Yeah, that's probably the only maintenance thing I'd have a shop do. I can check the tires, but I'm not gonna replace them myself. Tires probably aren't considered regular maintenance on a car, but bike tires wear out fast.

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

I change my own oil, because my scooter requires a mix of oil and gasoline to function.

Then you dont change it you burn it with the gas silly! 

1 hour ago, applesjck said:

I go to a shop and have them do it. I don’t trust myself with my car, I feel like I’d mess her up!! Even with something as simple as an oil change. :lie:

Ahh come on you gotta make AJ proud now! 

• Brohoof 3

I bring my car in to a professional to get its oil changed. I don't know how to do it on my own. I don't know anything regarding car repairs/maintenance :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

I bring my car in to a professional to get its oil changed. I don't know how to do it on my own. I don't know anything regarding car repairs/maintenance :ButtercupLaugh:

No shame to those that! No one can know everything about anything! (Is that even proper grammar?) unless you're an AJ fan then you need to know how to rebuild a v8 hemi! :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 1

I once held the flashlight while my dad did it. And I do know how to do it if absolutely necessary (at least on older cars). But I prefer not to do it because my wardrobe is far happier when I'm not crawling under a car in a dirty parking lot. I prefer to have someone else do it (someone who doesn't actually charge me anything, preferably!)

• Brohoof 2

Yes, I change my oil (and oil filter) myself every 4 months, right in my driveway. My truck gets nothing but the highest treatment. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

8 hours ago, Blivy said:

Then you dont change it you burn it with the gas silly! 

Ahh come on you gotta make AJ proud now! 

I guess so... :mlp_huh: Maybe next time my car needs an oil change I’ll try it out.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, applesjck said:

I guess so... :mlp_huh: Maybe next time my car needs an oil change I’ll try it out.

Just dont put the oil filter on too tight, but it on as tight as you can get it with your hand and then thats good, trust me I've had to cut one off before its not fun!

• Brohoof 1

I change the oil in my truck. The engine has a flat tappet cam, so I have to make sure a zinc additive gets put in with the oil. I also handle the maintenance on my mower. After all, I was a small engine mechanic for over 5 years.  :sassy:

My car is too low to the ground, so I get it changed at a shop.   Yeah, yeah, I can't fit under it. Jeez :P

My dad works on cars and he thinks knowing how to do it is great but I can't do it and I couldn't care less. Going to buy the oil, getting all dirty, disposing of the oil. Who needs it?

Going to the oil change place is only $30 and ten minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 7:48 PM, Fluttershutter said:

My dad works on cars and he thinks knowing how to do it is great but I can't do it and I couldn't care less. Going to buy the oil, getting all dirty, disposing of the oil. Who needs it?

Going to the oil change place is only $30 and ten minutes.

Awww, but I love buying oil, and getting all dirty, imma dirty pony! Plus I love the smell of oil and grease! 

• Brohoof 2