Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A Rift in Time (EQG) -RP

Emerald Heart

On 1/5/2020 at 5:12 PM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

"You wanna frick with me, do ya? Well, buddy, you ain't heard of Rebel Rouser, have ya!?"

It never failed.

Deuce hadn't been trying to start anything, and yet, here he was - once again being the favorite punching (or in this case, kicking) bag for the local bullying types.  This one was no exception, it seemed... and even as he tried to get his wind back, he hoped he wouldn't bruise where his father would see it.

"Let him go."

Oh?  Had she perhaps decided he'd had enough?  Maybe she was going to just let him g-

"I'm gonna make sure you remember my name, Deucey boy." 

A blade.  A friggin' blade!?  Holy Hopped-Up Hannah!  THAT was NOT cool, not at ALL...

Deuce's eye watched the blade's tip as it came closer and closer to his cheek, and felt the cold steel begin to press-

"Oh, look, it's the nerd's popular girlfriend, come to save her boy toy."

What?  What was she talking about?  Deuce tried to glance up to see... but of course, his glasses were somewhere against the far wall, and he was nearly legally blind without them.  Who was she talking to?  Maybe it was an administrator, come to possibly free him from this humiliating agony... at least for now, anyway - they ALWAYS found him again.

But it didn't sound like a teacher...

"Look, I wasn't actually gonna hurt him."

Yeah, right, he thought; he didn't dare speak out loud, as THIS one had a friggin' blade...

On 1/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, Emerald Heart said:

"I'm Emerald Heart, it's nice to meet you."

NUMBSKULL!?

Why why WHY didn't it surprise him that the two were somehow connected?  Of course, he wasn't even sure if they actually were... but the pain of his beating along with his humiliation the other day simply slapped the two together in his own head.  Part of him wanted to scream in frustration, and part of him wanted to cry in agony.

Between the two, he settled for trying to look around and figure out which way had the least amount of person-like blobs, so he'd know where to run once he got a chance.

On 1/5/2020 at 5:53 PM, Emerald Heart said:

"But first... I need you to apologize to Deuce. Because we both know that you were lying. I'll stand here as a witness, so you don't flake out."

On 1/5/2020 at 6:06 PM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

"OK, look. I wasn't really gonna mutilate your face, Deuce. I'm many things - a troublemaker, a flirt, you name it - but I don't wanna hurt anyone too badly; kicking 'em in the jimmy is one thing, but cutting someone? No thanks. I'm not going to juvie again, not for assault.  We cool?"

Deuce saw NOTHING but red as he ignored the offered hand and quickly skittered away, grabbing his bag quickly as he bolted down the hallway, trying to put as much distance as he could between the bully, the numbskull and whatever else decided to rain down on his head today.

NO, we are NOT cool, he thought as he banged through the door and out into the daylight.  His classes could take a flying leap right now; he wanted somewhere where he could just ache and moan by himself... so, back to hiding behind the bushes in his particular spot.  Dropping himself to the dirt, he tried and tried to cry... but the horrid throbbing where the bully had kicked him meant all he could do was shed tears silently as he fought to catch his breath.

I wish I'd just shrivel up and DIE already, he thought, but... but I can't.  I still have a job to do; no matter what happens to me... I have hearts to save.

His anger and sorrow broke for a moment, like a hole in the clouds, as he thought, SHE would have understood... but beautiful, I never would have wanted you to see me like that.  Whoever you are, I hope you're so much better than everyone else here.  Because even if I don't know anything about love, I know I love you... and I hope we meet again, someday.

Though, with the idea of bullies being armed now, he moaned internally, I don't know if I'll even SURVIVE long enough.

@Emerald Heart

Rebel blinked, then turned to Emerald. "Welp, ya can't say I didn't try."  she said with a shrug of indifference. But had she tried? Well, for starters, she did threaten Deuce with a switchblade, and had only caved in because of Emerald. So she rationalized it as "sorry, not sorry"; half and half. It was better than nothing, she supposed. Rebel picked up Deuce's glasses and contemplated going after him to return them before deciding she'd do it later, pocketing the spectacles into her jacket.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Renegade the Unicorn @Randimaxis

Emerald sighed when she watched Deuce leave. Then she turned around to face Rebel, but tripped over her own feet and fell on the ground. She landed on her bandaged arm and yelped in pain, panicking when she saw the gauze had come off, and the large slash marks below her shoulder were exposed, and were bleeding again.

Oh, no... She thought, quickly covering up the wound with her hand and flashing a fake smile to Rebel, "So sorry... but I really should go. See you after school!"

She ran away as fast as she could, but tripped again, this time landing right behind Deuce, luckily not knocking him over.

"Sorry, so sorry!" She apologized as she picked up her things, waving her hand at him, which was now covered in blood. Her wound was exposed yet again, and she was in too much of a hurry that she didn't notice. Or maybe she was just stupid. Either way, she had to cover this up, and fast. 

Edited by Emerald Heart

2 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

"Sorry, so sorry!"

Why?  Why can't I even have a place to hide?  Why ca-

She's bleeding.

Deuce, still somewhat hurting from his latest beating, didn't waste a moment, but instead he reached into his backpack and pulled out an old-style pencil box.  Opening it up, he began to pull out a roll of bandages, some cotton balls and a small bottle of liquid.

"L-look, numbskull..." he said, "you've gotta make sure you don't just bleed all over the place, okay?  I mean, besides being unsanitary and a biohazard, you're injured - and in case you didn't know, walking around with injuries like that isn't good for it; it has to heal.  Here, let me see..."

He gently took her arm and, putting some of the liquid from the bottle onto a cotton ball, he began to gently dab at the wound.  It stung a bit, but the stuff smelled of antiseptic.

"I... keep this stuff with me.  'Cause, y'know... bullies."

He couldn't think of any other way to put it; it was always bullies.  He'd learned to prepare his own medical kit after he'd had to lie to his dad about one of the bullies attacks, claiming he'd fell and cut his elbow; his father would never know he'd simply been shoved across the pavement like a living hockey puck.

"Hold still, numbskull," he groused as he finished cleaning the wound, then began to carefully wrap a portion of the bandage around it, "look, you really need to be more careful, okay?"

He threw her old bandage into the front pocket of his pack, to be tossed out later.

"Okay... I think that's..." he started... then, realizing the encounter earlier, he gave her a wary look.

"Hey... tell me something; why did you stop her?  Why did you even bother?  I've been taking beatings like that for a long friggin' time... but nobody'd ever spoke up before.  You wanna get that girl mad at you, too?  What good was it to put yourself on her hit-list like that?"

1 minute ago, Randimaxis said:

Why?  Why can't I even have a place to hide?  Why ca-

She's bleeding.

Deuce, still somewhat hurting from his latest beating, didn't waste a moment, but instead he reached into his backpack and pulled out an old-style pencil box.  Opening it up, he began to pull out a roll of bandages, some cotton balls and a small bottle of liquid.

"L-look, numbskull..." he said, "you've gotta make sure you don't just bleed all over the place, okay?  I mean, besides being unsanitary and a biohazard, you're injured - and in case you didn't know, walking around with injuries like that isn't good for it; it has to heal.  Here, let me see..."

He gently took her arm and, putting some of the liquid from the bottle onto a cotton ball, he began to gently dab at the wound.  It stung a bit, but the stuff smelled of antiseptic.

"I... keep this stuff with me.  'Cause, y'know... bullies."

He couldn't think of any other way to put it; it was always bullies.  He'd learned to prepare his own medical kit after he'd had to lie to his dad about one of the bullies attacks, claiming he'd fell and cut his elbow; his father would never know he'd simply been shoved across the pavement like a living hockey puck.

"Hold still, numbskull," he groused as he finished cleaning the wound, then began to carefully wrap a portion of the bandage around it, "look, you really need to be more careful, okay?"

He threw her old bandage into the front pocket of his pack, to be tossed out later.

"Okay... I think that's..." he started... then, realizing the encounter earlier, he gave her a wary look.

"Hey... tell me something; why did you stop her?  Why did you even bother?  I've been taking beatings like that for a long friggin' time... but nobody'd ever spoke up before.  You wanna get that girl mad at you, too?  What good was it to put yourself on her hit-list like that?"

"The same reason you saved me back in the library." She said, as if it was obvious, "You were in trouble." She shrugged her shoulders as if it was nothing and smiled at him, "Besides, she didn't lay a finger on me." She explained, "I kind of did this to myself. I did this really stupid thing yesterday to protect some girls... and I kinda got attacked. It's no big deal." She winked at him and chuckled, "Point being, I'll stick up for anyone, whether I know them or not. Even if it costs me my life." She said seriously, her eyes full of determination. 

"The same reason you saved me back in the library.  You were in trouble."

Well that's... different.

He honestly didn't know what to say to that... but whatever her reasons for saying it, it did help him feel just the tiniest bit better.

3 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

"Besides, she didn't lay a finger on me; I kind of did this to myself. I did this really stupid thing yesterday to protect some girls... and I kinda got attacked. It's no big deal."

Yesterday... the monster...

6 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

"Point being, I'll stick up for anyone, whether I know them or not. Even if it costs me my life."

He figured she'd tried to stand up against the creature he'd seen the other day... but simply assumed she'd been elsewhere, where he hadn't seen her.  Though there was... something familiar... about the wound.  Had he seen it before?

Wait.  earlier, she'd passed him in the hall, right before Rubble Grouser had gotten to him.  He saw the bandage under her sleeve - was that it?

""Well, still... you might be all gung-ho for helping out your friends, but seriously?  There are some things out there that... th-that are hard to understand, sometimes even impossible to.  So yeah, it's good to be so ready to rumble and all, but... don't forget: if you sacrifice yourself so quickly, what about the hearts you haven't saved yet?  What about those folks you leave behind..?"

WHOA, that's close, he thought as he realized they were mere inches from each other.  He quickly backed down and, grabbing up his bag, he gave a sigh as he stood up.

"Well, look - class is gonna start soon, and we can't just skip, okay?  I'll... text you before the last class; we can figure out some way to help you out with your math skills.  But..."

He took a deep breath.  "... thanks.  For, y'know... that stuff."  He started to walk off... then stopped, turned and hesitantly offered a hand to her. 

"Need help up, numbskull?"  He gave the smallest of grins; something she hadn't truly seen from him yet.

@Emerald Heart 

Rebel was about to say something when Emerald had suddenly tripped; she noted the girl was bleeding. She'd been about to say, "Wait, lemme help you!" when Emerald had interrupted her and ran off. Holy schnikes , Rebel had thought as she watched her run off and leave a small trail of blood behind. I wonder what kind of fights she gets into. Noticing that class time was drawing near, Rebel decided to do what she usually did - ditch class. Managing to sneak out of the building by venturing through the rarely used hallways, Rebel climbed onto the fence, did a somersault, and did what she called a "superhero landing" onto the sidewalk. The rest of the day was before her - maybe she'd go grab a burger and a root beer, and buy a copy of that Cramps record at the store while she was at it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
24 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

""Well, still... you might be all gung-ho for helping out your friends, but seriously?  There are some things out there that... th-that are hard to understand, sometimes even impossible to.  So yeah, it's good to be so ready to rumble and all, but... don't forget: if you sacrifice yourself so quickly, what about the hearts you haven't saved yet?  What about those folks you leave behind..?"

She chuckled a bit, "Well, that's a very glass half-full way of looking at it, huh?" Her eyes drooped a bit, "I know I can't save everyone... and I'm not much of a fighter..." 

Liar. You liar. She thought to herself.

"But knowing that I could be useful for even one second, to know that I could at least helped someone, whether it be from one to one thousand... it makes me feel a little bit happy. I don't like fighting, and I don't like it when people get hurt. But if it comes down to it... I'll do what I can do."

24 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

"Well, look - class is gonna start soon, and we can't just skip, okay?  I'll... text you before the last class; we can figure out some way to help you out with your math skills.  But..."

He took a deep breath.  "... thanks.  For, y'know... that stuff."  He started to walk off... then stopped, turned and hesitantly offered a hand to her. 

"Need help up, numbskull?"  He gave the smallest of grins; something she hadn't truly seen from him yet.

She smiled a little bit more and took his hand and pulled herself up, smiling at him, "Anytime." She winked at him again, "Thanks for stuff too." She teased, without an ounce of hatred or rudeness, to make sure that he understood that she meant nothing of it. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and looked at him, "So hey, what's the silliest word you can think of?" She asked randomly, "Because my two favorites are Hippopotomonstroses-quippedaliophobia, do you know what that word means? Guess! Oh, okay I'll tell you. It's the fear of long words. You see, I used to have this interest in phobias for the longest time... and I just thought it was so funny! Oh! Oh! And you know what another fun word to say is? Flabbergasted. C'mon, just sound it out. Flab-er-gasted." She laughed again, "What about you? What's the funniest word you can think of?" She said all this as they walked together. 

Edited by Emerald Heart

"Well, that's a very glass half-full way of looking at it, huh?  I know I can't save everyone... and I'm not much of a fighter... but knowing that I could be useful for even one second, to know that I could at least helped someone, whether it be from one to one thousand... it makes me feel a little bit happy. I don't like fighting, and I don't like it when people get hurt. But if it comes down to it... I'll do what I can do."

"Yeah, just don't throw yourself blindly at a problem; think first, work out your options, THEN make a move - you'll last longer that way, and won't have to needlessly sacrifice yourself.  Just food for thought."

He wasn't sure why she was being so adamant about protecting others... but he felt as though he should help her... for whatever reasons he had. 

Why do I feel so... weird?

4 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

"Anytime.  Thanks for stuff too."

"Well, I mean... you're, uhm... w-welcome, I think?  I dunno - I haven't really gotten a thank you out of anyone but my Dad before.  But yeah, sure."

Why was he suddenly breathing just a bit harder?  Why did his palms feel sweaty?  Was he sick..?

"So hey, what's the silliest word you can think of?  Because my two favorites are Hippopotomonstroses-quippedaliophobia, do you know what that word means?  Guess!  Oh, okay I'll tell you.  It's the fear of long words.  You see, I used to have this interest in phobias for the longest time... and I just thought it was so funny!  Oh!  Oh!  And you know what another fun word to say is?  Flabbergasted.  C'mon, just sound it out. Flab-er-gasted.  What about you? What's the funniest word you can think of?"

Even though she was most definitely babbling... he didn't seem to mind so much.  At least, not right now.

"Antidisestablishmentarianism.  That, or flibbertigibbet.... both are fun to say, but have WAY more letters than they probably should.  Well, for strange words, anyway..."

Wow, now HE was being silly... what was going ON here?  Regardless though, it felt... right... somehow, to be babbling inanely with this weird numbskull.  He couldn't understand it, but... well, who was he to look a chance like this in the mouth? 

4 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

"Antidisestablishmentarianism.  That, or flibbertigibbet.... both are fun to say, but have WAY more letters than they probably should.  Well, for strange words, anyway..."

Wow, now HE was being silly... what was going ON here?  Regardless though, it felt... right... somehow, to be babbling inanely with this weird numbskull.  He couldn't understand it, but... well, who was he to look a chance like this in the mouth? 

She bent over and started laughing. It was a loud, jagged laugh, and she had to clutch her stomach to stop herself from laughing anymore. Tears were coming out from her eyes and she smiled at him, "Those are pretty funny." She said, then frowned, "God, it's getting hot in here." She took a ponytail holder off her wrist and pulled her long hair into a messy bun on top of her head. Little bits of hair were sticking out, and it most definetley did not look as good as some of the more well-dressed girls that went to this school.

"We're getting pretty short on time." She said with a shrug, "Where are you off too next? Because I have Honors English." She admitted with a proud smile.

"Those are pretty funny.  God, it's getting hot in here."

Wait... why is she doing that with her hair?  Is... I don't... it...

Deuce had no idea why he was fascinated with what she was doing; it made no sense, yet here he was... even though the new hairstyle was far from flattering, he still couldn't help but wonder why he seemed to want to continue to talk to her.  To just carry on a conversation with her.  He didn't understand...

Of course, Deuce Shuffle had never, ever felt the effects of a budding crush; it would have been a miracle for him to even realize that's what it was.

10 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

"We're getting pretty short on time.  Where are you off too next?  Because I have Honors English."

"Honors English?  Hunh... color me impressed.  I've got World History next, actually - we're on Mesopotamia, but I think we're at the tail end of the chapter, so it's probably quiz day for my class.  My last class is Math, though - I'll try to text you before then, and we'll figure something out."

Without the cola-bottle glasses covering his eyes, he had soft blue irises that were actually rather handsome.  If he only wore contact lenses, he'd be a heckuva lot cuter.

Why are my knees shaking, he thought.  The bully's gone... what gives?

"So, yeah... good luck in Honors English, numbskull - see you later, I guess."

He only stepped a few feet away before he was alarmed to see she'd gotten blurry and fuzzy around the edges, and she...

Oh no.  OH NO.  He'd left his glasses behind!

He still waved in her general direction as he made his way over to the doors.  I NEED my glasses!  Where could they be!?

He kept the cool look on his face until the door closed behind him, blocking her from seeing - and that's when panic clamped down hard on his features, and he began frantically searching along the floor for his missing spectacles.

Dad can't get me another pair 'til payday; I can't go for a whole week without my glasses!

(edited)
15 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

"Honors English?  Hunh... color me impressed.  I've got World History next, actually - we're on Mesopotamia, but I think we're at the tail end of the chapter, so it's probably quiz day for my class.  My last class is Math, though - I'll try to text you before then, and we'll figure something out."

She beamed, "Sounds good to me." 

"So, yeah... good luck in Honors English, numbskull - see you later, I guess."

She saluted him with only her pointer and middle finger, clicking her tongue as she watched him leave.

He only stepped a few feet away before he was alarmed to see she'd gotten blurry and fuzzy around the edges, and she...

Oh no.  OH NO.  He'd left his glasses behind!

He still waved in her general direction as he made his way over to the doors.  I NEED my glasses!  Where could they be!?

He kept the cool look on his face until the door closed behind him, blocking her from seeing - and that's when panic clamped down hard on his features, and he began frantically searching along the floor for his missing spectacles.

Dad can't get me another pair 'til payday; I can't go for a whole week without my glasses!

She saw him through the small window on the door and sighed, then opened the door. She grabbed his hand and smiled at him, "Rebel has them." She said, as if realizing what he was thinking, "I'm supposed to meet her at the front of the school after school today, since we're planning to go get some ice cream. Meet us up there and we'll give 'em back." She said, "I have to head out myself." She smiled again and walked out, "Later, chief." She said, waving goodbye at him before turninv around.

Edited by Emerald Heart

"Rebel has them."

Oh no.  No.

"I'm supposed to meet her at the front of the school after school today, since we're planning to go get some ice cream. Meet us up there and we'll give 'em back."

What?  WHAT!?  No!  NONONONONONONONO!  What in the world was she thinking!?  That dipthong had a BLADE, for cryin' out loud!  And you're taking her out for ice cream!?

4 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

"I have to head out myself."

Deuce just stood there as she walked off, the look on his face one of incredulous astonishment.

You... you... numbskull.  I'm gonna die today.  That crazy greaseball is going to stick me with that blade, and I'm going to bleed out in the gutter.  I'm gonna die...

He turned and slowly, sadly walked to his next class, the look on his face being the look of a man walking to his own execution.

I'm gonna die today.  I'm gonna die.  So long and thanks for all the fish, world - I'm gonna die.

@Emerald Heart @Randimaxis.

Rebel nodded, giving a convincing yet fake smile. "Yeah, I've got 'em." she said, retrieving the coke-bottle glasses from her jacket and observing them closely. "I mean, I don't judge people who wear glasses, but yikes, these ones are dorky." She figured that at the very least Deucebag could have gotten some better frames, or if he was that insecure, getting rid of the glasses altogether and just wearing contacts. The thought of him wearing contacts made her remember how he looked when she was about to cut him. His eyes were full of fear, yeah, but by God, they were handsome! She could read people like the back of her hand, and something told her that Emerald and Deuce definitely had a thing for each other already...she didn't know it yet, but Rebel had a budding crush on Deuce herself.

Maybe...maybe she was liking both of them. Subconsciously putting those thoughts out of her head, Rebel handed the glasses to Emerald; knowing her, and wouldn't just throw them at Deuce like Rebel would.

• Brohoof 1

He'd been chanting it slowly to himself since earlier.

"... dead... I'm dead... so dead... I'm just dead... dead as a doornail... I'm SO dead..."

Plodding along, he slowly made his way towards the front of the school after classes had ended, fully expecting this to be his final walk.

I'll get there... and Grubby Browser will cut me from scalp to guts.  I'll be dead.  SO dead.  He felt as though he were walking the green mile, all the way to the electric chair.  But the chair would be so much easier, he mentally moaned.

Coming up upon the two of them, he let his left hand slide into his pocket, wher he began to nervously run his fingers over the deck of playing cards there.

Only if she tries to kill me... ONLY if she tries to kill me...

With a nervous gulp, he began to slowly make his way to where he thought his demise would lie.

4 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

@Emerald Heart @Randimaxis.

Rebel nodded, giving a convincing yet fake smile. "Yeah, I've got 'em." she said, retrieving the coke-bottle glasses from her jacket and observing them closely. "I mean, I don't judge people who wear glasses, but yikes, these ones are dorky." She figured that at the very least Deucebag could have gotten some better frames, or if he was that insecure, getting rid of the glasses altogether and just wearing contacts. The thought of him wearing contacts made her remember how he looked when she was about to cut him. His eyes were full of fear, yeah, but by God, they were handsome! She could read people like the back of her hand, and something told her that Emerald and Deuce definitely had a thing for each other already...she didn't know it yet, but Rebel had a budding crush on Deuce herself.

Maybe...maybe she was liking both of them. Subconsciously putting those thoughts out of her head, Rebel handed the glasses to Emerald; knowing her, and wouldn't just throw them at Deuce like Rebel would.

"I'll have you know I wear glasses." She informed, "I'm just wearing contacts right now."

He'd been chanting it slowly to himself since earlier.

"... dead... I'm dead... so dead... I'm just dead... dead as a doornail... I'm SO dead..."

Plodding along, he slowly made his way towards the front of the school after classes had ended, fully expecting this to be his final walk.

I'll get there... and Grubby Browser will cut me from scalp to guts.  I'll be dead.  SO dead.  He felt as though he were walking the green mile, all the way to the electric chair.  But the chair would be so much easier, he mentally moaned.

Coming up upon the two of them, he let his left hand slide into his pocket, wher he began to nervously run his fingers over the deck of playing cards there.

Only if she tries to kill me... ONLY if she tries to kill me...

With a nervous gulp, he began to slowly make his way to where he thought his demise would lie.

Emerald waved at him and smiled, offering him the glasses that she had in her hand.

"Shame." She said after she handed the glasses to him, "You have really pretty eyes. You would look so much better with contacts." She said, offering a small smile.

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis.

"Sup?" Rebel greeted with a casual flip of the bird and the most bored expression on her face. "You look like someone's trying to kill you or something." Seeing the panic on Deuce's nerdy face almost caused Rebel to double over in laughter. " Relax, Deucebag, I'm not gonna kill ya!" At least, unless you do something to really make me p.o.'d. Then all bets are off, buddy. "Anyways, there's your glasses."

@Emerald Heart,

"Really? You got really nice eyes, doll." A blush crossed her face. " N-not that I think of them like that... " Smooth like peanut butter, Rebel. Real smooth.

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

"Sup?  You look like someone's trying to kill you or something."

He scowled at the greaseball as he came toward them, ignoring the flippant bird she shot his way; he'd seen enough birds to be an automatic member of the Audobon Society.

" Relax, Deucebag, I'm not gonna kill ya!"

He had to admit; she had a different nasty nickname for him than any other bullies he'd ever dealt with.  Of course, not that it really endeared her to him, but at least it was a change.

18 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

"Shame." She said after she handed the glasses to him, "You have really pretty eyes. You would look so much better with contacts."

His blush crawled over his features slowly, but was obvious to the two girls standing there.

At least ONE girl thinks they're-

"Really? You got really nice eyes, doll.  N-not that I think of them like that... "

... what.  The.  Flying.  Frig?

Wait... BOTH of them?  What was going ON today!?  The numbskull was ONE thing... but the girl that had been about to slaughter me was... was...

His blush doubled, but he took the glasses and put them on - almost upside down - and stuffed his hands back into his hoodie pocket, cradling the deck in both hands now.

"Y-yeah... if I could afford contacts," he mumbled, trying not to panic or sweat as he wondered what in the world was with today.  "So, uh... I guess... ice cream, right?"

Sometimes, I wonder what in the Sam Hill girls were thinking... then again, maybe it's best if I don't know.

He stood there, waiting to see what today would bring next.

(edited)

@Randimaxis @Renegade the Unicorn

"Yep." Emerald responded, popping the 'P.' 

Her eyes were suddenly full of panic, and she couldn't say why, but she had a bad feeling about him leaving. "Hey Deuce..." Her eyes were filled between a mixture of worry and seriousness, "There's something wrong..." She said mysteriously, tapping her chin to think of ho to word this better. "I can't tell you why, but I just have this god awful feeling that something bad is going to happen to you." She admitted, folding and unfolding her fists, looking around, obviously nervous.

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis @Emerald Heart

"Yeah, ice cream." Rebel confirmed. "I already know what I'm getting: rum raisin, hold the raisins." She was about to laugh at her own joke when she stopped and listened to Emerald. Now that she really thought about it, a bad feeling had begun to nag at the back of her mind - ever since she'd cut class earlier. But why? And why'd she think that Emerald and Deuce were connected to that feeling of dread somehow?

Edited by Renegade the Unicorn
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Emerald Heart said:

"There's something wrong... I can't tell you why, but I just have this god awful feeling that something bad is going to happen to you."

THIS, he was familiar with.

"Yeah, I'm used to that feeling," he said as he passed Rebel a look that said he totally expected it to come from her; she was CRAZY, after all.

But hearing it from someone else... THAT was disconcerting.

1 minute ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

"Yeah, ice cream.  I already know what I'm getting: rum raisin, hold the raisins."

Ha ha ha, oh an alcohol joke, how typical of... well, he didn't actually know what was typical for the crazy girl, so he stopped that thought before he got himself in trouble.

"Let's just... m-make our way to the place, and do... the thing."

He had no idea what else to say; here he was, with TWO people (well, more like one and a maybe) who weren't trying to beat him senseless... this was most unusual.

@Randimaxis @Renegade the Unicorn

THIS, he was familiar with.

"Yeah, I'm used to that feeling," he said as he passed Rebel a look that said he totally expected it to come from her; she was CRAZY, after all.

But hearing it from someone else... THAT was disconcerting.

Obliviously, Emerald reached down and grabbed Deuce's hand, officially in full-on protective mode. Her eyes were drained of color, and she couldn't have looked more serious. She wasn't letting this go.

She tightened her grip and leaned in close to his face, maybe a little too close, "This is no time for jokes." She said, "I just can't shake the feeling that something's up!"

8 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

"Yeah, ice cream." Rebel confirmed. "I already know what I'm getting: rum raisin, hold the raisins." She was about to laugh at her own joke when she stopped and listened to Emerald. Now that she really thought about it, a bad feeling bad begun to nag at the back of her mind - ever since she'd cut class earlier. But why? And why'd she think that Emerald and Deuce were connected to that feeling of dread somehow?

She turned around and stared at Rebel, "You feel it too, don't you?"

• Brohoof 1