Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A Rift in Time (EQG) -RP

Emerald Heart

When she took his hand, he actually gave a small gulp.

Whaaaaaaa...

Deuce's father was a hugger, and his mother had doted on him when she'd been alive... but otherwise, the only touches he'd ever really known were hits, kicks, punches and slaps; he wasn't prepared for actual hand holding.

Waitwaitwaitaminute...

NOW, with all this attention and the good things happening to him at this very moment... it would be JUST LIKE the world to slam down on him, crushing his proverbial fingers under the window of Fate.

Now... NOW, I'm worried.

He gave a nervous glance to both of them, and began to have his own bad feelings about this stuff...

But he didn't let go of that hand.  No sir, uh-uh.

"Let's just... um, a public place would... I m-m-mean..."

He shut up; no more words - just be wary.

9 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

@Emerald Heart @Randimaxis.

For once, Rebel didn't crack any jokes or even smile. She was, however, ready to beat the ever-loving crap outta someone; and for once, it wasn't Deuce. Rebel gave a short and simple nod - that was all the confirmation Emerald would need.

2 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

When she took his hand, he actually gave a small gulp.

Whaaaaaaa...

Deuce's father was a hugger, and his mother had doted on him when she'd been alive... but otherwise, the only touches he'd ever really known were hits, kicks, punches and slaps; he wasn't prepared for actual hand holding.

Waitwaitwaitaminute...

NOW, with all this attention and the good things happening to him at this very moment... it would be JUST LIKE the world to slam down on him, crushing his proverbial fingers under the window of Fate.

Now... NOW, I'm worried.

He gave a nervous glance to both of them, and began to have his own bad feelings about this stuff...

But he didn't let go of that hand.  No sir, uh-uh.

"Let's just... um, a public place would... I m-m-mean..."

He shut up; no more words - just be wary.

Emerald looked at him and nodded firmly, "Deuce is right. A place like this... we're too exposed. Find somewhere to hide, I'm going to go figure out what's up." She said, giving Deuce's hand one final squeeze before she let go.

If her gut feeling was real, then a lot of people were in danger. She trusted Rebel to protect him, though. They may have gotten off on the wrong foot, but she was his best chance.

(Hey @Renegade the Unicorn I was thinking that somehow you could get your jewlery sometime soon? Maybe Deuce could go after Emerald or something and you could get your jewlery? Because sh** it about to hit the fan).

• Brohoof 2

(Yeah, that's fine.)

"Right." she said to Emerald, then turned to Deuce. "Come on." she urged, pulling him close to her protectively, a blush crossed her face once again. Without another word, Rebel ran like the wind, almost practically dragging Deuce behind her. Thinking of a good hiding spot, Rebel caught an empty jewelry shop out of the corner of her eye. Perfect. She ran for the entrance, slamming the door open with all of the might she could muster.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

"Deuce is right. A place like this... we're too exposed. Find somewhere to hide, I'm going to go figure out what's up."

Hide?  Hide where?  Wasn't the ice cream shop a good place to hi-

1 minute ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

"Right.  Come on."

OH NONONONONOOOOOOO...

He was having a mini-panic as Rebel (who, he noted, actually smelled sorta nice) pulled him along towards the old jewelry store; it had been boarded up after one too many robberies, and had stood abandoned for a number of years.  A perfect place to hide...

Or hide a body!

Deuce's breathing got faster and faster as the greaseball kicked down the door - GEEZ, she was scary-strong - and started inside.

Waitwaitwait... she could KILL me in there, and nobody would ever know!  OH NO YOU DON'T, CRAZY!

He jerked his hand out of her grip at the last second, then with a swift (but mostly powerless) kick to her rump, he bolted for the side alley.

NO WAY AM I GONNA PUT MY LIFE IN THE HANDS OF A GIRL WHO PULLED A BLADE ON ME!

Though he might have been a dork, he sure could book!

@Randimaxis @Emerald Heart

Rebel almost stumbled a bit as she felt Deuce kick her in the rump. "Hey, what are you...oh, MOTHERFU-" she screamed, her voice almost breaking from sheer volume. With a loud series of curses punctuated by destruction of the empty store, Rebel finally fell onto the floor, her bleeding cuts and slow, silent teardrops mixing together. She'd promised Emerald she'd protect Deuce. ..and she couldn't even do that right. So she cried. And cried. And cried, until her face was red and her vision blurred.

• Brohoof 1

@Renegade the Unicorn

"Is something wrong, dear?" An old voice said behind Rebel, "You know, whenever I'm feeling blue, wearing something new always lifts my mood." She bends down under the desk and brings out a collar, offering it to her. 

@Randimaxis

Crud. Emerald thought, as she ran. She knew something was wrong. She had encountered an endless group of mindless human drones, and a admittedly beautiful woman flirting with all the guys. 

It's her. She realized She's controlling them!

"We meet again." A familiar voice said, and Emerald looked up to see the woman from before, "You nearly got me punished for failing. But I've got something you won't be able to defeat this time." She gestured with her fand to the girl, "Go, Sedusa! Kill the girl."

Emerald growled and transformed, then flew up in the air just as the monster was about to strike, "Get your friend to turn these people back to normal!" 

• Brohoof 1

@Emerald Heart

Rebel stopped crying for just a moment to look at the woman. "Wh-who the heck are you!?" she said hoarsely, her voice having gone out from the crying and screaming. "I thought this store was abandoned. Don't call the cops, mmkay?! I have enough to worry about with my friend's cute boyfriend probably being dead already!" She paused to consider what she just said, then nearly began to cry again. She didn't even notice the collar at first - it was black and studded with spikes, just her style. And in the center? A garnet, dark purple and shimmering. It was her birthstone, and had her twin brother not died before he was even a year old, it would have been his too.

• Brohoof 1

@Renegade the Unicorn The woman chuckled a bit, "I'm the storekeeper here, my dear." She explained, offering the collar once again, "Fit for a princess, isn't it? Beauty like hers is rare. She longs, she cries, for the people she lost. For when she defended her Kingdom, many lives were lost. The Oracle Gem is the answer, you see. Seek it out and there, Princess Melody shall be." She said mysteriously, "Shall you take this collar or not? Deals like this don't happen everyday, you know."

• Brohoof 1

@Emerald Heart

Rebel stared at the woman, blinking. She had no clue what this cryptic riddle meant, exactly, but it seemed familiar, like if she knew who Princess Melody was. Slowly she took the collar and put it on. It fit her like a glove, and more importantly, it looked good on her. "T-thank you."

"You're welcome." She said with a yellow-toothed grin. She then grew serious, "Now, go quickly. I have a bad feeling that your friend is in grave danger." She warned, "Use it wisely." She warned.

@Randimaxis

Meanwhile...

Night was pinned up against the wall by the zombified men. Her now purple eyes focused on Heather, who was cackling at the sight, "This is the end for you, my dear." She warned, pointed her closed fan at her, "Sedusa! Eat the girl."

The monster behind the zombified men smirked and lunged at her, exposing it's sharp teeth, which were covered with disgusting drool. She's right... this is where I die.

@Emerald Heart

Rebel nodded. Following her instinct, she found Emerald (or Night, rather) pinned against the wall by Sedusa. "Hey you! Yeah you! Get away from her, you witch!" She shouted before saying her transformation phrase for the first time. "Power of midnight...henshin!" Surrounded by light, Rebel transformed from a greaseball into a rather attractive female warrior, her outfit now a low-cut and revealing dress, her hair now a long and flowing mane. Her teeth were now razor sharp, a wolf's tail and ears sprouting out from her lower back and head respectively. Her eyes had taken on a darker, more canine appearance, and her hands were now almost clawlike. Her dress was decorated with small spikes and chains of silver, and her collar, with the birthstone now glowing brightly, hung around her neck. "You mess with my friend...you mess with me. So give me all you got, gorgon."

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

"Sedusa! Eat the girl."

Suddenly, shots rang out, and a hailstorm of bullets slammed into the wall, sending enough shrapnel and brick dust to send the zombies cowering back from their intended target.

"Let's just take a mite step back there, partner..."

And there he was... the Ace of Hearts.

Gunsmoke swirling around him, he flipped off the lamppost he was standing on and landed with a roll, coming up with speed loaders in hand and shunting them into their proper places, snapping King and Queen shut with a flick of the wrist.

His roll brought him right next to the hapless victim, and he gave a wink as he focused on the lady with the fan.

"Alright now, ma'am... I feel like we've had this d'scussion b'fore.  I told you, I ain't puttin' up with mistreatin' a lady... o' course, in YER case, I'd say there ain't NO lady on t'other side o' this convo."

He held an arm behind his back, and a single shot rang out; it ricocheted off the wall, across the street, bouncing off a mailbox and plowing into the lamppost he'd been standing on, sending a shower of sparks and glass at Sedusa.

"Gonna haveta pardon me, ma'am... but I aim ta keep the peace - even if that means blastin' y'all ta pieces!"

He glanced over at Night and the newcomer.

"Y'all okay over there?"

His eyes locked back onto Heather.

"Now... you wanna make a point o' seein' what I can do... or y'gonna give up an' make this easy on yerself."

The bandit's mask crinkled as if he were smiling, and his ice blue eyes flashed.

"Frankly... I'm kinda hopin' y'all wanna do this th' HARD way." 

• Brohoof 2

Rebel stared at Ace for a minute or two, before nodding. "Yeah, we're fine. In fact you came at the nick of time." she said, chiding herself mentally for the almost rhyme. That's when she noticed his eyes - icy blue. Now, Rebel, or rather Midnight, was not stupid. She had seen those eyes somewhere before, but she just couldn't put her finger on it. No time to think about that, though. Now was fighty fighty time! "So, what're we gonna do?"

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

@Emerald Heart

Rebel nodded. Following her instinct, she found Emerald (or Night, rather) pinned against the wall by Sedusa. "Hey you! Yeah you! Get away from her, you witch!" She shouted before saying her transformation phrase for the first time. "Power of midnight...henshin!" Surrounded by light, Rebel transformed from a greaseball into a rather attractive female warrior, her outfit now a low-cut and revealing dress, her hair now a long and flowing mane. Her teeth were now razor sharp, a wolf's tail and ears sprouting out from her lower back and head respectively. Her eyes had taken on a darker, more canine appearance, and her hands were now almost clawlike. Her dress was decorated with small spikes and chains of silver, and her collar, with the birthstone now glowing brightly, hung around her neck. "You mess with my friend...you mess with me. So give me all you got, gorgon."

"No way..." She gasped, eyes sparkling in utter delight. Heather gasped and held her no-opened fan over her mouth, "Are you kidding? There's another one?" She growled, "Either way, you won't defeat my monster. Sedusa, I have another nice snack for you. Gobble any of these pathetic superheros that dare get in our way."

The gorgon nodded and glared at the new superhero, her extendable locks lunging towards Midnight, flashing her own set of razer-sharp teeth. She cackled loudly. 

6 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Suddenly, shots rang out, and a hailstorm of bullets slammed into the wall, sending enough shrapnel and brick dust to send the zombies cowering back from their intended target.

"Let's just take a mite step back there, partner..."

And there he was... the Ace of Hearts.

Gunsmoke swirling around him, he flipped off the lamppost he was standing on and landed with a roll, coming up with speed loaders in hand and shunting them into their proper places, snapping King and Queen shut with a flick of the wrist.

His roll brought him right next to the hapless victim, and he gave a wink as he focused on the lady with the fan.

"Alright now, ma'am... I feel like we've had this d'scussion b'fore.  I told you, I ain't puttin' up with mistreatin' a lady... o' course, in YER case, I'd say there ain't NO lady on t'other side o' this convo."

He held an arm behind his back, and a single shot rang out; it ricocheted off the wall, across the street, bouncing off a mailbox and plowing into the lamppost he'd been standing on, sending a shower of sparks and glass at Sedusa.

"Gonna haveta pardon me, ma'am... but I aim ta keep the peace - even if that means blastin' y'all ta pieces!"

He glanced over at Night and the newcomer.

"Y'all okay over there?"

His eyes locked back onto Heather.

"Now... you wanna make a point o' seein' what I can do... or y'gonna give up an' make this easy on yerself."

The bandit's mask crinkled as if he were smiling, and his ice blue eyes flashed.

"Frankly... I'm kinda hopin' y'all wanna do this th' HARD way." 

"Ace of Hearts!" Emerald called, almost dreamily, "Yes... I should be fine... " She brushed herself off and stared at him, "Thank you... you saved me... again."

She heard Heather cackle and fan herself as she watched Sedusa begin to attack Midnight, "You are done for, my dears." She commented, "Though I will say that it was fun playing with you. Take 'er out, Sedusa!" She ordered.

Night ran to protect Midnight, but she was too quick, "Look out!"

3 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Rebel stared at Ace for a minute or two, before nodding. "Yeah, we're fine. In fact you came at the nick of time." she said, chiding herself mentally for the almost rhyme. That's when she noticed his eyes - icy blue. Now, Rebel, or rather Midnight, was not stupid. She had seen those eyes somewhere before, but she just couldn't put her finger on it. No time to think about that, though. Now was fighty fighty time! "So, what're we gonna do?"

"Look out!" She repeated, tears already coming to her purple eyes. 

• Brohoof 1

"Yeah, we're fine. In fact you came at the nick of time."

Ace gave a chuckle at that.

"Well, gorgeous... tell ya whut; you an' beautiful over there deal with Ug and Lee, an' I'll keep these zombies off'n yer tails.  Sound like a plan?"

Knowing he didn't want to hurt what might be hapless captives, he started firing at whatever could slow them down: a shattered window, chunks of the sidewalk that blasted into their faces, or even just trying to use his trick shots to keep them back from the two heroes.

"Y'all c'mon now - there's plenty o' partners fer this dance, and I aim ta please!"

He let out a hearty laugh as he kicked a bench into a line of zeds, knocking them over and pinning them to the ground.

"Don't be shy - go git 'em!"

• Brohoof 1

@Emerald Heart

Thinking quickly, Midnight's first thought was to turn invisible - and so she did. When she felt Sedusa pass harmlessly through her, she chuckled to herself before parkouring onto a nearby building, turning visible, and doing a dropkick right into Sedusa's ugly face. While the monster was dazed, Midnight began brutally punching her; unlike Night, she was a much more combat-oriented and dirty fighter.

• Brohoof 1

@Randimaxis @Renegade the Unicorn

Night placed a hand over her heart and sighed in relief. She then frowned and jumped into action. She wasn't as physical as Midnight, but she did have one advantage that could help. She was fast. With or without superpowers, she was a fast runner.

Okay, you can do it! Just think of it like a concert or convention... you have to get in there quick! She ran faster, and barreled into Sedusa, accidentally bonking forheads and sending them both to the ground.

"Well... that worked... kinda." She sighed, and looked down at the monster, "Midnight, we need to finish this up quick. Use your most powerful attack, then I'll finish the rest of this up!" She ordered, "Ace! Make sure you're out of range!" She shouted to him, "And be careful!"

• Brohoof 1

@Renegade the Unicorn

"And for the final touch...." She raised both her hands and a black ball of energy built up between them. She opened her eyes halfay and lowered one of her hands, "Echo Shock... Attack!" She snapped her fingers, and a huge sound wave erupted and pushed the gorgon against the wall. It turned to ash in an instant.

Heather growled, "How did you...?" She huffed, "Stupid girls! You bunch of idiots! Now the Gray King will be mad at me, and it'll be all your fault. I'm sorry, my love!" She frowned, "Until next time, my dears." She curtsied and dissolved away.

@Renegade the Unicorn @Cash In @Samurai Equine 

She appeared in the throne room, "That stupid girl." She mumbled, "Where's His Majesty, you idiot boys? That horrifically ugly girl has a friend." She announced, sighing in defeat, "This girl is a bigger challenge than I thought."

18 minutes ago, Emerald Heart said:

"Ace! Make sure you're out of range!  And be careful!"

He shoved a mailbox over, and slipped down behind it as he continued to fire away, reloading as quick as a jackrabbit running from a coyote.

"Ah'm fine, beautiful - y'all just do whatcha gotta do!"

11 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

"Rock...AROUND THE CLOCK!"

Ace watched the firestorm and gave a low whistle.

"Whew, doggies!  Now THAT'S how ya turn up th' heat!"

He looked over at the remaining zeds and pulled a number of playing cards from his pocket.  He then began winging them at the zombies, smacking them about the faces to keep them occupied.

"C'mon now - 'bout time ta deal with this lot!  Show me them pretty powers, and I got yer backs!"

He took careful, steady aim at Heather.

"C'mon now... juuuuuuust twitch; all I need's an excuse, y'varmint..."

When she vanished, he spat on the ground, then stood up.

"Mite close this time, y'all."

1 minute ago, Randimaxis said:

He shoved a mailbox over, and slipped down behind it as he continued to fire away, reloading as quick as a jackrabbit running from a coyote.

"Ah'm fine, beautiful - y'all just do whatcha gotta do!"

Ace watched the firestorm and gave a low whistle.

"Whew, doggies!  Now THAT'S how ya turn up th' heat!"

He looked over at the remaining zeds and pulled a number of playing cards from his pocket.  He then began winging them at the zombies, smacking them about the faces to keep them occupied.

"C'mon now - 'bout time ta deal with this lot!  Show me them pretty powers, and I got yer backs!"

He took careful, steady aim at Heather.

"C'mon now... juuuuuuust twitch; all I need's an excuse, y'varmint..."

But unfortunetley for him, Heather and the monster were already gone. 

• Brohoof 1

@Emerald Heart @Renegade the Unicorn @Samurai Equine

"He left a while before you arrived." Slate said blankly, looking away from the others. "I think it would be best if you took a break, Heather." He tilted his head to face her. A hint of concern was present in his voice, but not so much that she could notice. He pushed his hair back. "If this girl is truly as much trouble as you say, we will need to step up our game."

@Cash In @Renegade the Unicorn @Samurai Equine

"Please... I would have killed her if her new friend hadn't shown up. I had her pinned up and everything, the monster was about to eat her." She defended, "And as much as I appreciate your concern, I only take orders from my love." She swooned, "And let's face it... you all just want to have a bit of fun with her."