Spike's love life...

Splashee

Time to deal with Spike's love life. So, since Season 1 Episode 1, he has been in love with Rarity. And at the end of the series, he grew up, but he didn't end up with Rarity. In fact, it looks like both of them ended up alone, living far apart. And it wasn't really that many episodes ago from the end (of the series) that either Spike or Rarity needed each other.

At what point was it okay for Spike to fall in love with an older pony? Considered he was a baby dragon(?) at the time. Shouldn't somepony had said.... No Spike, she is too old for you?
At what point did it become too much, so that the show had to tone it down a bit?

While I watched Applegeek's reaction videos on Youtube, which are great and full of wisdom, I always saw how distasteful the "Rarity + Spike" situation was for him. He mentioned multiple times to the show's staff (they probably watched his reacts, because everything he wanted become true, or very close to true) to stop having this romance that can't get anywhere.
I think Spike was almost completely uninterested in Rarity at the time the special "Best Gift Ever" came out, in which Spike immediately fell back into his own self again, making a true romance not seem far away.

Also, it seems that Rartiy has sometimes used her feminine beauty to make Spike do things for her, and using the words "Spikey-Wikey" as a hint that she loves him in return. How okay is that to you?

Oh, and did Spike end up with Gabby or Smolder, or maybe even Rarity (in secret)? I don't think you can just fall in love so easily, and then never have a love life ever again? What do you think?

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Super Splashee said:

Time to deal with Spike's love life. So, since Season 1 Episode 1, he has been in love with Rarity. And at the end of the series, he grew up, but he didn't end up with Rarity. In fact, it looks like both of them ended up alone, living far apart. And it wasn't really that many episodes ago from the end (of the series) that either Spike or Rarity needed each other.

At what point was it okay for Spike to fall in love with an older pony? Considered he was a baby dragon(?) at the time. Shouldn't somepony had said.... No Spike, she is too old for you?
At what point did it become too much, so that the show had to tone it down a bit?

Well having crushes on adults is normal enough for a kid - it's fine as long as the adult doesn't exploit them or lead them on. Of course, it could be argued that Raritu did indeed do those things. An there's also the question of whi she didn't at ani point let him down gentlu, which is well within her capablities... Perhaps she wasn't sure herself.

1 hour ago, Super Splashee said:

Oh, and did Spike end up with Gabby or Smolder, or maybe even Rarity (in secret)? I don't think you can just fall in love so easily, and then never have a love life ever again? What do you think?

Smoulder and Raritu both seem unlielu, given the lack of interavion between them in the epilouge. Gabriela is possible, or Ember or some other ofscreen love interest.

• Brohoof 2

Spabby for life.

C309D58E-1C64-4A0A-8DA7-60F021D28664.thumb.png.e987dc8913313bf8df85ed90ee793661.png

But yeah, as it stands, I do not support Sparity in any official capacity. I don’t begrudge most fans of the ship, since they usually make an actual romance happen in the FUTURE, and thus Spike is aged up.

But right now, he’s a kid and a Rarity is an adult. Gabby (and Smoulder) are closer to his age, likely being teens, with Spike as an early teen.

Additionally, I don’t think the nickname “Spikey Wikey” is a good indicator of romantic interest. Rarity isn’t malicious, but she has a habit of babying kids, even past the point where they’ve aged enough to find it patronizing.

• Brohoof 5

Signature_Forums.png.dd2a654d7faa42c09ea06c44865a3c2a.png

Check out my artwork any time: http://shadobabe.deviantart.com/
"OMG; You are such a troll. XD" - PathfinderCS

I never minded Sparity because honestly it was hard to tell how old Spike was anyways cause though he did kid stuff like sleep with a blankie and read comics late at night, he also did adult things like do chores around the house and cook. Plus, like you said, Rarity mostly used him (which sounds dumb of her) while Spike was the one with most of the affection.

• Brohoof 2

3FBC2CD6-82F4-4BE2-9995-20DAD3ED3514.png.4ce87f72cf9bda0d0d5900fa20c489d3.png

Boom!

13 hours ago, Super Splashee said:

While I watched Applegeek's reaction videos on Youtube, which are great and full of wisdom, I always saw how distasteful the "Rarity + Spike" situation was for him. He mentioned multiple times to the show's staff (they probably watched his reacts, because everything he wanted become true, or very close to true) to stop having this romance that can't get anywhere.
I think Spike was almost completely uninterested in Rarity at the time the special "Best Gift Ever" came out, in which Spike immediately fell back into his own self again, making a true romance not seem far away.

Also, it seems that Rartiy has sometimes used her feminine beauty to make Spike do things for her, and using the words "Spikey-Wikey" as a hint that she loves him in return. How okay is that to you?

Yeah the Sparity thing did get kinda boring after a while. But I honestly didn;t see anything wrong with it. Spike seems quite mature for his age and there's nothing wrong with a child having a crush on an adult. It's not like they did anything explicitly wrong in the show.

I agree with ShadOBabe about the fact that Spikey-Wikey is just Rarity's way of a nickname. It's like how she is known to use a flirty tone from time to time. It's just the way Rarity is. It doesn't really hint at anything romantic.

As for who he ended up with, I doubt it is anyone we saw in the show. Smolder or ember were just friends and he doesn't strike me as someone who would like another dragon. So maybe gabby is his love interest or maybe someone we haven't seen yet? Then again, it's more likely that he isn't with anyone. He's still quite young and dragons probably live for much longer than ordinary ponies, so he doesn't necessarily need to be in a relationship right now. 

Edited by 💛Princess of Hearts💙
  • Brohoof 1

1774892441_PrincessofGrapesSIGRequest1.png.e08ffe57299a25107021be625461c1e1.png

14 hours ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

Why not leave the drake's personal affairs to himself?

Because he is a public figure, and needs to be a good role model to children watching the show. :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

47 minutes ago, Super Splashee said:

Because he is a public figure, and needs to be a good role model to children watching the show. :mlp_icwudt:

What public figures partake in, in the privacy of their own abodes is none of the public's concern.

- .... .. ... / .. ... / ----. ----- ----. / .... .- - .-. . -.. / ... . -.-. - --- .-.

I know that a lot of people wanted to see Spike get with someone by the end of the series but I am honestly okay with him staying single by the end. I think it would have been cute had he gotten with Ember, though.

My number one choice for Spike will always be Ember. But I could see him being romantically involved with Gabby or Smolder at some point.

As for Sparity... see, when you're a young, it's not at all abnormal to have celebrity crushes who are a good deal older. But this is different because Spike is clearly still a kid. It's uncomfortable to think about them "dating" in any capacity for many years, for pretty obvious reasons that don't to be stated here. :lie: It only really works because you know darn well they won't be dating any time soon and Spike being a bit lovestruck makes for funny and charming moments.

I'm guessing Spike and Rarity just went their separate ways. It would be pretty obvious in the series finale if they had pulled an Anakin/Padmé and started a relationship after the younger of the two became an adult. :P

img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-39037-1-img-

Signature by Kyoshi

My headcanon ships him with Smolder. I personally find him being in an involved romantic relationship with Ember or Rarity, really gross. They're much older than him.....

And Gabby? I don't know what that was all about but I personally don't see them hitting it off in the long run. Just an odd pairing all around. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

My headcanon ships him with Smolder

Smolder seemed a little bit too old as well, and way to confident. What a difficult situation :BornAgainBrony:

By now, I think Spike would be better off with someone completely new, like how they "fixed" Big Mac's love life, just making him fall in love with a complete stranger (from another town)

I don’t really mind Spike ships, except for Sparity. I figure he should be with someone roughly his age, whom he doesn’t idolize, and who treats him as an equal. 

Love life? Uhhh, with THAT bod and THAT status? How about this for an answer?

* Sunday - Ember

* Monday - Smolder and Ocellus

* Tuesday - The wife of the Yakyakistan delegate

* Wednesday - Gabby

* Thursday - Coco Pommel

* Friday - The CMCs (adult form, duh)

* Saturday - Thorax

And next week it's all different! Need I say more? ;)

1 hour ago, FlareGun45 said:

Love life? Uhhh, with THAT bod and THAT status? How about this for an answer?

* Sunday - Ember

* Monday - Smolder and Ocellus

* Tuesday - The wife of the Yakyakistan delegate

* Wednesday - Gabby

* Thursday - Coco Pommel

* Friday - The CMCs (adult form, duh)

* Saturday - Thorax

And next week it's all different! Need I say more? ;)

Throw in the Royal Sisters(especially Luna).
That would be fun to see :0